Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/24/2022 11:47:19 AM EDT
Bear in mind it is not cold enough to kill them. But the ones that didn't pick a good branch? Plop lol

This dude was trying to get to the grass but had no energy. He wouldn't move at all. Fully alive but unable to even flinch.

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Aren't those things considered pests? Good time to get rid of a few.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Remember a few winters ago seeing stories about gators poking their snouts up through the ice in ponds. Gators evolved in places where it gets cold and can adapt.
Iguanas not so much I guess.
What round for chilled iguana? Probably a .22 air rifle would do it pretty well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Racoon and coyote feast day...hope it kills off the other invasive species of reptiles.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember a few winters ago seeing stories about gators poking their snouts up through the ice in ponds. Gators evolved in places where it gets cold and can adapt.
What round for chilled iguana? Probably a .22 air rifle would to it pretty well.
View Quote

I behead em with a machete and toss them into the canal.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#7]
kcolg30 likes
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Crabs gotta eat same as worms...
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Racoon and coyote feast day...hope it kills off the other invasive species of reptiles.
View Quote

Coyotes feed on them behind my house. My dog eats them too. Some are wary of dogs eating them. Bur mine has eaten a few dozen at this point no problems. But he also eats cat shit with no ill effects.  Nasty fucker
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#10]
If I lived there it would be a perfect place for those machetes we got on special.
Somewhere I heard that them ugly fuckers were good eating too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#11]
There has to be somebody with an iguana recipe. Come on, man!
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Pythons in the everglades need a clean up on isle 87 for sure....doubt this will do them in though.

I lived in South FL for 10 years, saw a few Iguanas but I guess after I left this became the norm.  I used to have geckos all over my house, little bastards are not shy to bite if you trap them (this is a no shit sherlock moment though... ).

I agree Iguanas are an invasive species but what are they doing that makes them so harmful?
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Pythons in the everglades need a clean up on isle 87 for sure....doubt this will do them in though.

I lived in South FL for 10 years, saw a few Iguanas but I guess after I left this became the norm.  I used to have geckos all over my house, little bastards are not shy to bite if you trap them (this is a no shit sherlock moment though... ).

I agree Iguanas are an invasive species but what are they doing that makes them so harmful?
View Quote
They are nasty and their shit is nasty.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mmmmm…. Roasted iguana
View Quote

It’s “barbecued”.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#16]
A long time friend from Guatemala says they eat the tails roasted / fried, and use other meaty parts in a stew. Regular table fare where he grew up. He said they would hunt them with .22 cal rifles, and tried to get a head shot for the kill, to preserve as much meat as possible.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I cant really grow and food because of them. They eat everything I plant except Brazilian spinach.

Main problem is they take over burrow owl holes. Those owl are great pest control. Specially when I am 4 miles from the Everglades
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

. Bur mine has eaten a few dozen at this point no problems. But he also eats cat shit with no ill effects.  Nasty fucker
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

. Bur mine has eaten a few dozen at this point no problems. But he also eats cat shit with no ill effects.  Nasty fucker

My old dog would eat them too.

She thought "kitty truffles" were quite the delicacy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Will the die off cause a shit ton of bug issues moving forward?
View Quote

It didn't last time. Not that many flies one them
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's "barbecued".
View Quote
It's big in Tijuana.

The radio tells me so.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Will the die off cause a shit ton of bug issues moving forward?
View Quote

Nope ..... just means more for the native species to eat
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Has any one free lined one offshore?
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Has any one free lined one offshore?
View Quote

Lol. I have found one a couple miles out. Nothing went for it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eating plants you don't want them to eat? or the fruit and berries off your trees? also big incubators for staph.

I saw a big one tear up a kid I went to school with once...we were throwing rocks at the iguana when it went apeshit
jumped outta the tree onto the kids back...
The screaming from all of us was epic...
The kid got full rabies and antibiotic shots and a lot of stitches...
Ironic as the kid's nickname was "Lucky"...Lucky Smith...poor kid was hurting for a long time...
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They eat plants, mostly.

Eta, I think they'll eat a bug if it's in front of them.
View Quote

I have only seen juveniles eat bugs. Adults don't touch em.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Make a belt or wallet.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There has to be somebody with an iguana recipe. Come on, man!
View Quote

Brown the seasoned meat for a few minutes, and add to the sauce piquante, then simmer for about ten minutes.  Serve over cooked rice.

@PoiDog
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I gotta call my buddy quick in Palm Bay and see if any are falling in his neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If I lived there it would be a perfect place for those machetes we got on special.
Somewhere I heard that them ugly fuckers were good eating too.
View Quote
Ask a Cajun.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#35]
I bet you could lead them around with a heat gun like a cat with a laser pointer
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ask a Cajun.
View Quote
I don't think they have iguanas in Cajun Land.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Mmmmm…. Roasted iguana
View Quote

I hear they BBQ them in Tijuana!
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#38]
9 iron to the trash can…
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I cant really grow and food because of them. They eat everything I plant except Brazilian spinach.

Main problem is they take over burrow owl holes. Those owl are great pest control. Specially when I am 4 miles from the Everglades
View Quote

This was good enough...much less the rest....

...GAME ON...
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

They eat leafy greens, vegetables, and fruit.  They love fruit & citrus but they're not supposed to have a lot of it; their diet is supposed to be mostly spinach, chard, dandelion greens, kale, alfalfa, etc.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I would think this is a prime opportunity to put a dent in the population
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Python Cowboy on YT has some pretty good videos.

Hired To Take Out Monster Invasive Iguanas At Public Golf Course

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They eat leafy greens, vegetables, and fruit.  They love fruit & citrus but they're not supposed to have a lot of it; their diet is supposed to be mostly spinach, chard, dandelion greens, kale, alfalfa, etc.
View Quote
They go nuts over hibiscus flowers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They also burrow and create huge holes around shit like your foundation and sea walls.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Mmmmm…. Roasted iguana
View Quote

Just don't buy it from a guy named Bob.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What round for chilled iguana? Probably a .22 air rifle would do it pretty well.
View Quote

Reptiles slow down with the cold.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Eating plants you don't want them to eat? or the fruit and berries off your trees? also big incubators for staph.

I saw a big one tear up a kid I went to school with once...we were throwing rocks at the iguana when it went apeshit
Ironic as the kid's nickname was "Lucky"...Lucky Smith...poor kid was hurting for a long time...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

20 years ago I had a pet iguana. Over 3 feet long. I hand fed him frequently, one time he accidentally bit me instead of the broccoli, I bled like a stuck pig
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whew , at least you don’t bash them with a hammer !
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They also burrow and create huge holes around shit like your foundation and sea walls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but they are real jerks in restaurants

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top