BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If Im paying for it, I have a right to say no.

As soon as drug users arent also using my money for their treatment and all the follow on societal disfunction, legalize em all you want.
View Quote
I had a reply typed out, then I reread your post and realized I have no idea what you're talking about. Regardless, I assure you, what you're paying in the WoD far exceeds whatever it is you're referring to.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

As soon as drug users arent also using my money for their treatment and all the follow on societal disfunction, legalize em all you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take that as a no.

So tell me, by what right does this government have a say in what substances you do and don't put in your body?  I would think a free people would blanch at the very idea.

So when you start drawing social security do I get to tell you what to do?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Drugs are a victimless crime, Mmkay?
View Quote
Yes, yes, the drugs did this.  We should put drugs in prison.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's going to take more than what we've been throwing at it lately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn right. What's your kid's future worth?

ETA: You think about it. I can try everyday to prove to my little girl "drugs are bad" but to only have entire industries (plural) telling her only drugs can fix her and getting high (and then hooked on) is so "cool".
It takes a village, right?
It's going to take more than what we've been throwing at it lately.
You've got to be kidding me.  What more do you want?  Should we just throw the entire constitution out the window?  Because let me tell you, they can't stop drugs in fucking prison.  That is a closed society where the people have virtually no rights at all, they are under constant surveillance, and there's a fucking wall around the place and yet they still can't keep the drugs out.  And you think we're going to stop drugs out on the streets and still retain some semblance of a free society?

Please ....
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes, yes, the drugs did this.  We should put drugs in prison.
View Quote
WAIT A MINUTE! You solved the WoD!

That's the solution. We can round up all the drugs. Then they won't have anything to sell, and drug users won't have anything to buy!

So simple a 4 year old could have come up with it and spent trillions of dollars attempting.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The WoD is one of those things I used to think "Well yea, obviously that's a good thing." But once I decided to educate myself on it, I realized there is no way a reasonable, rational person could support this.

The only two excuses are actual statists or ignorant people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, pot needles everywhere around my place.  You wouldn't believe it.

The WoD is one of those things I used to think "Well yea, obviously that's a good thing." But once I decided to educate myself on it, I realized there is no way a reasonable, rational person could support this.

The only two excuses are actual statists or ignorant people.
Thirty years ago I totally supported the WoD.  

It has failed completely and only served to empower the state.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yup, which is why we have all those alcohol cartel related murders today. Oh wait there aren't any. Maybe they just forgot for a few years. That's probably it. 

Gotta love some of the posters on here with zero critical thinking skills. If gun prohibition is bad, and alcohol prohibition is bad, then drug prohibition will also be bad. You can't have it any other way. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drugs are a victimless crime, McKay?
Just like Alcohol during Prohibition, Officer? 
Yup, which is why we have all those alcohol cartel related murders today. Oh wait there aren't any. Maybe they just forgot for a few years. That's probably it. 

Gotta love some of the posters on here with zero critical thinking skills. If gun prohibition is bad, and alcohol prohibition is bad, then drug prohibition will also be bad. You can't have it any other way. 
Well....when your paycheck is on the line, critical thinking goes out the window.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well....when your paycheck is on the line, critical thinking goes out the window.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drugs are a victimless crime, McKay?
Just like Alcohol during Prohibition, Officer? 

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll take that as a no.

So tell me, by what right does this government have a say in what substances you do and don't put in your body?  I would think a free people would blanch at the very idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the WoD is taken seriously, then maybe we'll see some positive results. But no, that won't happen when DC has the highest cocaine use per capita in the Nation, when we have a entertainment industry targeting the youth and glorifying drug use, when we have Mothers and Fathers hooked on painkillers, and grade schoolers being pumped full of mind-numbing prescriptions as a way to keep them still, we won't see positive results from the WoD. We've given up. It's time to take the WoD seriously.
haha so trillions of dollars, billions of man hours, hundreds of government tasks forces, and thousands of new laws later, you've diagnosed the problem as "We need to do more."

Holy fuck.
You can't keep your kids out of the drugs without getting the Feds involved?
There are entire industries out there parents must compete with
I'll take that as a no.

It is by the lessons learned and forgotten. TANSTAAFL - There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. There are places right now that have exactly what you're implying but strangely enough, the people living in those places are dying to leave them, in hordes even.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When the WoD is taken seriously, then maybe we'll see some positive results. But no, that won't happen when DC has the highest cocaine use per capita in the Nation, when we have an entertainment industry targeting the youth and glorifying drug use, when we have Mothers and Fathers hooked on painkillers, and grade schoolers being pumped full of mind-numbing prescriptions as a way to keep them still, we won't see positive results from the WoD. We've given up. It's time to take the WoD seriously.
View Quote

A few more laws and a couple of trillion away from winning this damn war...am I right?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It is by the lessons learned and forgotten. TANSTAAFL - There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. There are places right now that have exactly what you're implying but strangely enough, the people living in those places are dying to leave them, in hordes even.
View Quote
Where? And people are fleeing those places because drugs are legal?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the WoD is taken seriously, then maybe we'll see some positive results. But no, that won't happen when DC has the highest cocaine use per capita in the Nation, when we have a entertainment industry targeting the youth and glorifying drug use, when we have Mothers and Fathers hooked on painkillers, and grade schoolers being pumped full of mind-numbing prescriptions as a way to keep them still, we won't see positive results from the WoD. We've given up. It's time to take the WoD seriously.
haha so trillions of dollars, billions of man hours, hundreds of government tasks forces, and thousands of new laws later, you've diagnosed the problem as "We need to do more."

Holy fuck.
I'll take that as a no.

You didn't answer the question.  And what a rambling nonsense of a non answer.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm excited to hear about countries he's referring to where people are fleeing "in hordes" due to their legalization of drugs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#14]
If the government can tell you that you can't smoke pot, because it's bad for you and it costs society money ....

By that same principle, why can't they tell you that you can't eat bacon?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If the government can tell you that you can't smoke pot, because it's bad for you and it costs society money ....

By that same principle, why can't they tell you that you can't eat bacon?
View Quote
I have seen people on this very forum suggest that to have insurance, they should be able to regulate what you eat and drink, which is a de facto ban. So I'd say yes, you will find people who would say that.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. The "Free People" thing. We have a unique brand of Freedom. What's being implied falls more towards some kind of Anarchy which I seriously doubt a single one of us would actually want.

ETA: I think damn near everyone one of us would be scared shitless if faced with the kind of "freedom".
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.
I'll take that as a no.

Actually I did
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No. The "Free People" thing. We have a unique brand of Freedom. What's being implied falls more towards some kind of Anarchy which I seriously doubt a single one of us would actually want.
View Quote
By "what's being implied," you mean cutting our losses (trillions upon trillions in USD, countless infringements of civil liberties, and the general distaste of overreaching government) is basically Somalia?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny that you guys didn't answer my above question.

If they can't keep drugs out of prison, where the prisoners have very limited rights, and are potentially under constant surveillance, and there is a physical barrier, often with armed guards around the place ..... how on earth are they going to keep drugs off the streets and have anything like a free society?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If they can't keep drugs out of prison, where the prisoners have very limited rights, and are potentially under constant surveillance, and there is a physical barrier, often with armed guards around the place ..... how on earth are they going to keep drugs off the streets and have anything like a free society?
View Quote
Well, the obvious answer is they don't care about having a free society. Look at his last response. Anything short of prison state is anarchy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They mostly are, when legal. Prohibition breeds violence, just like this.
So the 35,000 people killed by drunk drivers each year are not victims?
Impaired driving and consumption of alcohol aren't the same thing

Consumption of alcohol or any other drug only has the potential to hurt the user
Care to attempt to explain who other than the user can be hurt by consumption?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Tastes like pollo.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Another interesting item ....

In the late 1910s, the people of this country understood that the U.S. Constitution did not empower the government to prohibit the distribution, sale, and consumption of any substance.  Therefore, the 18th amendment was passed to grant the government the power to abolish the sale and consumption of alcohol.  That was back in the day when there still existed some reverence for that document.

Today, we have prohibition of a large list of substances all under the banner of "drugs", and yet no amendment was ever passed to grant the federal government this authority.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Two things.

1.  I feel like there is something wrong with me after all these years of explicit pics on the internet that I can look at these and just think, "Meh, these guys had a bad day."  

2.  Anyone who looks at these and does not think we need to seal the border with that shithole south of us is basically out of their mind.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

In the late 1910s, the people of this country understood that the U.S. Constitution did not empower the government to prohibit the distribution, sale, and consumption of any substance.  Therefore, the 18th amendment was passed to grant the government the power to abolish the sale and consumption of alcohol.  That was back in the day when there still existed some reverence for that document.

Today, we have prohibition of a large list of substances all under the banner of "drugs", and yet no amendment was ever passed to grant the federal government this authority.
View Quote
The constitution is a living document, and a bunch of old dead white guy's precedent isn't important.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Two things.

1.  I feel like there is something wrong with me after all these years of explicit pics on the internet that I can look at these and just think, "Meh, these guys had a bad day."  

2.  Anyone who looks at these and does not think we need to seal the border with that shithole south of us is basically out of their mind.
View Quote
While I'm a hypocrite in this regard I support the wall (and believe we could privately raise the funds to build it,) because I want the message sent. I want a giant stupid monstrosity, and I want to toss immigrants who murder/rape people over the side and let the bodies pile up for all of Mexico to see
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The constitution is a living document, and a bunch of old dead white guy's precedent isn't important.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The vast majority of people give lip service to "liberty", but given the choice they'll pick security every time.

Of course, as the old saying goes, they end up with neither.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why do we have "Laws"? Any "Law"? Our freedom has a unique flavor - It's always been a free enough society for free enough individuals. You're able to be able to live life in prosperity (as you see it) without having to fend off the wolves. That should never have been a question and why it is now puzzles the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The vast majority of people give lip service to "liberty", but given the choice they'll pick security every time.

Of course, as the old saying goes, they end up with neither.
View Quote
I think it's fair, at this juncture, to alter that saying to reflect "they ended up with neither."
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why do we have "Laws"? Any "Law"? Our freedom has a unique flavor - It's always been a free enough society for free enough individuals. You're able to be able to live life in prosperity (as you see it) without having to fend off the wolves. That should never have been a question and why it is now puzzles the hell out of me.
View Quote
Laws are not about preventing crime, they're about punishing people for breaking rules everyone knows better than to commit.

We really only need a couple pages of laws, honestly.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This week, members of the Nueva Familia Michoacana Cartel carried out a series of gory executions in the rural areas between Apatzingan and La Ruana. Operatives kidnapped 11 victims from which the remains of only three were recovered.
The victims were not rival cartel members–only local residents who  refused to support the Nueva Familia Michoacana.
Cartel gunmen severed the heads from their bodies and then cut various body-parts off.
The cartel placed some of the human remains on a grill and cooked them..,

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/11/01/exclusive-graphic-mexican-cartel-dismembers-grills-innocent-civilians/
View Quote

Build a fucking GREAT WALL!
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You would be the ignorant one my friend.   I have seen Heroin up close and personal.  I have watched it destroy countless young lives.  Stories are all the same - kids have a sports injury, get a bottle of Percocet.  Like the Percocet.   Score more until their tolerance builds up to where percs and dormin doesn’t cut it any more.    Then they switch to heroin because they can’t afford Percocets anymore.   I have brought my son back from death through cpr.    If you think there are functional Heroin users then you my friend just did a button yourself

Given time - there are no victimless Heroin users.  Period.

So now you can go tell other people how they are ignorant and a little H won’t cause them any harm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're wrong. You have no idea how wrong you are. 100% of the CEOs of my division have coke and H problems. I know, because I've SEEN it. One of them has done coke for at least the 20 years I've known him. This isn't a ringing endorsement for drugs. I'm not a fan.

However, you're ignorant.

ETA: This isn't meant to be an insult. Most people who aren't exposed to drugs have no idea how prolific they are on the street, let alone in big business offices.
You would be the ignorant one my friend.   I have seen Heroin up close and personal.  I have watched it destroy countless young lives.  Stories are all the same - kids have a sports injury, get a bottle of Percocet.  Like the Percocet.   Score more until their tolerance builds up to where percs and dormin doesn’t cut it any more.    Then they switch to heroin because they can’t afford Percocets anymore.   I have brought my son back from death through cpr.    If you think there are functional Heroin users then you my friend just did a button yourself

Given time - there are no victimless Heroin users.  Period.

So now you can go tell other people how they are ignorant and a little H won’t cause them any harm.
Your son nearly killing himself doesn't change the reality that there are a huge number of completely functional drug users, just like there is a huge number of functional alcoholics.

You're making it personal and giving into the same emotion based illogical thought process that leads to the "if it saves just one life" argument antigun people use
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
We have laws to prevent people from infringing directly on other people's liberty.  That's why murder and theft are illegal.  

We shouldn't have laws that are justified by the government having to spend money on various social pathologies via government programs that never should exist in the first place.

You people are complaining that people's drug use cost society because the government must spend money on drug rehab, welfare, etc.

In other words, your answer to a too large government is more government.  It really is that stupid.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm excited to hear about countries he's referring to where people are fleeing "in hordes" due to their legalization of drugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the so-called "freedom" that's being used like a lollipop. Every time I hear someone scream about "my freedoms" to excuse bad behavior, my eye starts to twitch. We've always existed under a give and take relationship to maintain this Society of ours. There are a number of places where one can go to exercise the type of freedom some say they want but they never seem to go there and stay. There are a number of things I would change regarding Gov't intrusion into our daily lives but one thing I would not halt would be the WoD. To do so would be suicide.

Freedom or free&dumb
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's the so-called "freedom" that's being used like a lollipop. Every time I hear someone scream about "my freedoms" to excuse bad behavior, my eye starts to twitch. We've always existed under a give and take relationship to maintain this Society of ours. There are a number of places where one can go to exercise the type of freedom some say they want but they never seem to go there and stay. There are a number of things I would change regarding Gov't intrusion into our daily lives but one thing I would not halt would be the WoD. To do so would be suicide.

Freedom or free&dumb
View Quote
Just admit it. You're a statist.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And oh btw, you once again failed to answer the question.

If you can't keep drugs out of a small, controlled environment, with limited constitutional rights and imposing physical barriers such as exist in a federal prison, how exactly do you propose to keep drugs off the streets any anything remotely resembling a free society?

Ah yes, our freedom has a unique flavor ..... then again, so does horse shit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We have laws to prevent people from infringing directly on other people's liberty.  That's why murder and theft are illegal.  

We shouldn't have laws that are justified by the government having to spend money on various social pathologies via government programs that never should exist in the first place.

You people are complaining that people's drug use cost society because the government must spend money on drug rehab, welfare, etc.

In other words, your answer to a too large government is more government.  It really is that stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fairy tale land is that way ---------->
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:00:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And oh btw, you once again failed to answer the question.

If you can't keep drugs out of a small, controlled environment, with limited constitutional rights and imposing physical barriers such as exist in a federal prison, how exactly do you propose to keep drugs off the streets any anything remotely resembling a free society?

Ah yes, our freedom has a unique flavor ..... then again, so does horse shit.
View Quote
He just answered. He's a statist, he doesn't care.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:00:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you're inviting to your place?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Freedom or free&dumb
View Quote
Another glaring non answer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, you want a fairy tale?  I'll give you a fucking fairy tale ..... "We'll win the War on Drugs if we just try a little harder!".
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom or free&dumb
I'm a realist. I don't imagine myself as some Anti-Gov't whackadoodle who won't see the forest for the trees.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:06:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't know why the decent people simply haven't begun randomly killing drug dealers.
View Quote
Actually, some did. If you have Netflix I suggest a documentary called “cartel land”

In the end the vigilante group was disarmed and charged by the federales
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm a realist. I don't imagine myself as some Anti-Gov't whackadoodle who won't see the forest for the trees.
View Quote
A realist who thinks we can win the war on drugs
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Come on SIASL ..... you go to any prison you choose in this country, turn the place upside down and watch how many drugs fall out.

If you can't win the War on Drugs in a prison, how on earth are you going to win it in a free country?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Drugs are a victimless crime, Mmkay?
View Quote
Good thing we have prohibition so things like this don't happen.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:09:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Oh, you want a fairy tale?  I'll give you a fucking fairy tale ..... "We'll win the War on Drugs if we just try a little harder!".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The WoD will never end. It'll always be fought.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The WoD will never end. It'll always be fought.
View Quote
That's quite a scheme you've cooked up.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Come on SIASL ..... you go to any prison you choose in this country, turn the place upside down and watch how many drugs fall out.

If you can't win the War on Drugs in a prison, how on earth are you going to win it in a free country?
View Quote
We need to take the WoD seriously
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Every nation on Earth has faced this same problem. It's happened many times over. Many have won and many have failed and failed hard. We keep doing what we're doing and we'll end up being one who failed hard.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top