BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The WoD will never end. It'll always be fought.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fairy tale land is that way ---------->
Oh, you want a fairy tale?  I'll give you a fucking fairy tale ..... "We'll win the War on Drugs if we just try a little harder!".
The WoD will never end. It'll always be fought.
At any cost, right?

The criminality that goes hand in hand with prohibition (hell, we didn't even have a mob of any consequence in this country till we passed the 18th amendment).

Shredding our Constitution .... no knock raids at 3 am (oops ... wrong house, sorry about your dead husband) .... civil asset forfeiture that our founding fathers spin in their graves over .... no matter .... the war must go on.

You historical ignorance is breathtaking.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We need to take the WoD seriously
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Come on SIASL ..... you go to any prison you choose in this country, turn the place upside down and watch how many drugs fall out.

If you can't win the War on Drugs in a prison, how on earth are you going to win it in a free country?
We need to take the WoD seriously
You aren't trolling us, are you?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Every nation on Earth has faced this same problem. It's happened many times over. Many have won and many have failed and failed hard. We keep doing what we're doing and we'll end up being one who failed hard.
View Quote
Now you're making shit up.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every nation on Earth has faced this same problem. It's happened many times over. Many have won and many have failed and failed hard. We keep doing what we're doing and we'll end up being one who failed hard.
I'm thinking he's trolling.  Nobody is this dumb.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Drugs are a victimless crime, Mmkay?
View Quote
Just like booze during prohibition
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hey, the War on Drugs has been every bit the success that the War on Alcohol was in the 1920s.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:20:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I mean goddamn, it's not like pretty much every nation throughout recordable history has fought this same thing. Doesn't that tell you something? Nah, let's not worry about it 'cause it's no big deal. "Pfft, it won't affect me or mine!"

ETA: Breaking! The WoD will never end! We will always fight it (or not). I don't want to see what happens if we stop fighting it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I mean goddamn, it's not like pretty much every nation throughout recordable history has fought this same thing. Doesn't that tell you something? Nah, let's not worry about it 'cause it's no big deal. "Pfft, it won't affect me or mine!"
View Quote
If irony was a snake, you'd be in big trouble.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Funny how this country got along without really any controls of narcotic substances until 1914.  And yes, people were using weed, morphine and cocaine since forever, and heroin since 1874.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Really, given the devastation wrought by alcohol, the damage to people and families not to mention the cost to society, shouldn't we give serious consideration to reviving the 18th amendment?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The irony is, we are beginning to fail to see why they (and we) fought. We know we will always battle with it. That's the truth. Are we just going to say "fuck it" and give up? We are no more civilized than any generaration before us. No more savage. No more compassionate or cruel. There are some battles we will always fight.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:36:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Funny how this country got along without really any controls of narcotic substances until 1914.  And yes, people were using weed, morphine and cocaine since forever, and heroin since 1874.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, right up until we weren't getting "along" with it, right? It ain't because "reasons". There were some pretty negative effects. Like widespread drug abuse and addiction, maybe?

ETA: I mean, you don't keep sticking your foot in last night's fire do you? Lesson learned, right? You do it once, burn the shit out of your foot and set a reminder "Hey, that shit hurt!"
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:43:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, right up until we weren't getting "along" with it, right? It ain't because "reasons". There were some pretty negative effects. Like widespread drug abuse and addiction, maybe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you looking for perfection?  Nirvana is not of this world.  Certainly we had negative effects from people having the freedom to use drugs.  But we have negative effects from drug prohibition.

We have a massively empowered federal government courtesy of the WoD.  Parts of our Constituion are essentially a dead letter at this point.  We have organized crime.  Increased violence.  If I'm going to have negative effects, I'll take the negative effects that go with freedom.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Individual choice and responsibility is a bitch isn't it?

Good thing we have a ruling body to decide for us what is good for us. Maybe if we are lucky they will start a War on Diabetes, and ban pop, candy, and fast food. Saving us from our own lifestyle choices
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

ETA: I mean, you don't keep sticking your foot in last night's fire do you? Lesson learned, right? You do it once, burn the shit out of your foot and set a reminder "Hey, that shit hurt!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says the guy that learned nothing from that whole little episode we had in the 1920s.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Says the guy that learned nothing from that whole little episode we had in the 1920s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. Maybe we need something to allow us to escape the sobriety of the "everyday" and that went too far. I don't know.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
when they're not illegal, they are a victimless crime.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 1:26:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good thing we have a ruling body to decide for us what is good for us. Maybe if we are lucky they will start a War on Diabetes, and ban pop, candy, and fast food. Saving us from our own lifestyle choices
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

* Or saving me and mine from your lifestyle choices?

ETA: There's a balance that's out of whack, no doubt and there are some things I'd like to see handled differently. Intrusion is one, inane laws another, some skullduggery. Imperfect. The WoD needs to be fought though I think we've basically given up much to our detriment. Hell, I don't believe there's a single one of us that can say they're not unfamiliar with at least one person who is struggling with a serious addiction, a hell of a thing in itself.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Insert omgwtfbbq meme here
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 1:43:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 2:05:32 AM EDT
[#21]
That pic looks like the "Rock"....can you smell what I got cookin?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 2:13:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 2:32:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Where the fuck do they come up with this shit? They're already dead, grilling them isn't going to make them any more dead. WTF is wrong with people? Sick fucks!
View Quote
These are the same people whose priests, their religious leaders, used to cut the heart out of a live victim and eat it raw while it was still beating.  

What did you expect??????
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:22:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So there's no victim when a driver under the influence hits and kills someone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Driving impaired, and consuming something are two separate acts. Your buddy didn't get killed because someone took drugs, he got killed because someone was driving impaired.  

The argument you are trying to make is equivalent to the argument that guns should be  regulated because someone committed murder with a gun.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:23:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ETA: There's a balance that's out of whack, no doubt and there are some things I'd like to see handled differently. Intrusion is one, inane laws another, some skullduggery. Imperfect. The WoD needs to be fought though I think we've basically given up much to our detriment. Hell, I don't believe there's a single one of us that can say they're not unfamiliar with at least one person who is struggling with a serious addiction, a hell of a thing in itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you need saving from me drinking a beer?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a drinking problem? To which my immediate thoughts are - Not my business = Your privacy. I don't know you = Your anonymity. You have a drinking and driving problem = Everyone's problem.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:50:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My buddy lost his individual choice when he was hit and killed by a driver under the influence.

I guess that makes individual responsibility a bitch too, right?
View Quote
So you are also for adding alcohol to the prohibited substances list, correct?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:54:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do you have a drinking problem? To which my immediate thoughts are - Not my business = Your privacy. I don't know you = Your anonymity. You have a drinking and driving problem = Everyone's problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh, so the consumption itself of a substance which causes impairment is a nonissue, and it is only another act after the consumption that is an issue for anyone other than the user?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:01:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
How many people have died this decade from fleeing bootleggers and booze smuggling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can you be so naive?  You actually think that drug violence will end with legalization?  These people will continue to fight turf wars there and then here for control of the supply.

I am amazed by the blindness of the pro-drug crowd.
How many people have died this decade from fleeing bootleggers and booze smuggling?
But, but, but, but, but.......(head exploded). 
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:08:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It isn't a victimless crime when a parent would rather do drugs than thake care of their kid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They mostly are, when legal. Prohibition breeds violence, just like this.
Doing drugs is a 100% victimless crime.

Murder/extortion/etc... those aren't.

But some people are stupid enough to ignore all of human history, and believe you can stop actual crimes by banning other things.
It isn't a victimless crime when a parent would rather do drugs than thake care of their kid.
If a parent would rather go shooting then take care of their kids then I guess we ban guns right? GD turn them all in!! 
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:13:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You must be a major drug addict if you are capable of recognizing the financial, civil liberty, and violent costs of the War on Drugs. Only a nefarious drug addict would be capable of understanding demonstrable sociology, documented history, or even basic arithmetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're just a few no knock raids and a handful of civil asset forfeitures away from getting this thing licked.
You must be a major drug addict if you are capable of recognizing the financial, civil liberty, and violent costs of the War on Drugs. Only a nefarious drug addict would be capable of understanding demonstrable sociology, documented history, or even basic arithmetic.
^Fudds gonna fudd. 
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ahhh, so the consumption itself of a substance which causes impairment is a nonissue, and it is only another act after the consumption that is an issue for anyone other than the user?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite. Whether you or I like it or not, some substances are still illegal and in my opinion fortunately so. Also, you're "free" to skirt the Law all you want, partaking in activities which include those substances. Good luck, don't get caught. Please understand I am not implying you do, I'm just making a simple statement. So, I'm not condoning it, just that it's your business. I do not find the use of those (certain) substances an admirable trait in anyone. I am predisposed to feel that way for reasons all my own formulated by events witnessed in my life. I would believe it fair to say it's obvious your experiences may not be the same so your reasons are yours and mine are mine - I ramble, ramble, ramble...

"I will accept any rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

ETA: * The conflict - Where does "freedom" begin? For a "free" Society to flourish, we establish norms and boundaries to protect ourselves and each other from each other. Where does your freedom impose itself on mine and vice versa?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:26:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Latecomer here. This is obviously a brutal crime, but I'm not sure the cooking the body parts adds to the fear, if you think about it. Seems like a "Will be shot at dawn, and then hanged, then fed to lions, and then  kept on bread and water for six weeks!" kind of thing.
Just saying
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:29:15 AM EDT
[#35]
So......

I guess that is called a Pot Roast?

Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:32:43 AM EDT
[#36]
I mean to say, you understand that 473 consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole is not any more harsh than just one life without the possibility of parole sentence, right?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So......

I guess that is called a Pot Roast?

View Quote
Can you smell... what the Rock is toking.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:40:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Obviously you’ve never been to or worked in an ER and seen the results of drug abuse and addiction, doesent matter if it’s illegal or prescription drugs. It doesent matter where they obtain them, the end result is a drain on society and endangering the lives of those around them because of their self destructive behavior and poor life choices.

As for what the drug cartels do, it’s called Narco Terrorism for a reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drugs are a victimless crime, McKay?
They mostly are, when legal. Prohibition breeds violence, just like this.
Obviously you’ve never been to or worked in an ER and seen the results of drug abuse and addiction, doesent matter if it’s illegal or prescription drugs. It doesent matter where they obtain them, the end result is a drain on society and endangering the lives of those around them because of their self destructive behavior and poor life choices.

As for what the drug cartels do, it’s called Narco Terrorism for a reason.
Yeah, no one is saying drug use is good. The question, and where the opposing factions always talk past each other, is if the way to fix it or at least keep it under control, is to pass laws and crack down with the cops. I'm LE. I don't think it's very effective.
I am also an EMT, and I've been in many an ER. Your non-sequiter is where you jump from "This is horrible!" to "We can fix this with prohibition and laws!".
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 5:09:08 AM EDT
[#39]
The thing is, ok, it's not particularly difficult to manufacture intoxicants. The substances are easy and dirt cheap to make, and people want them. There's no fix for that. Period.
All prohibition does is drastically and artificially up the value to the point where violence is cost effective.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Your son nearly killing himself doesn't change the reality that there are a huge number of completely functional drug users, just like there is a huge number of functional alcoholics.

You're making it personal and giving into the same emotion based illogical thought process that leads to the "if it saves just one life" argument antigun people use
View Quote
I do believe there are large numbers of semi functional pot heads.  

I do not believe there are functional Heroin addicts.  I have met and talked with thousands (literally).  None were functional.   Not a single one.  All turned to crime to support the addiction.  All had victims to discuss

Go to an NA meeting in your area.  It could be an eye opener for you.

If you truly believe that there are “normal” everyday joes with active Heroin addictions then I am not sure how you come to that conclusion.   Sure maybe they can fool people for a year until they can’t afford the habit anymore.

Only the addict thinks they are normal.  Everyone else around them notices they nod off all day, lie cheat and steal to support the addiction, leave their kids in a swing to die and be eaten by maggots while they keep shooting up, and live a life of crime and destruction.

There won’t be one person here that actually knows a functional Heroin addict.    People like to make that argument.  With some drugs it just isn’t possible.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yes, let's just repeat history.  Good idea.

Quoted:

At any cost, right?

The criminality that goes hand in hand with prohibition (hell, we didn't even have a mob of any consequence in this country till we passed the 18th amendment).

Shredding our Constitution .... no knock raids at 3 am (oops ... wrong house, sorry about your dead husband) .... civil asset forfeiture that our founding fathers spin in their graves over .... no matter .... the war must go on.

You historical ignorance is breathtaking.  
It's about waging the war, not winning it.  Victory doesn't jive with job security.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Your son nearly killing himself doesn't change the reality that there are a huge number of completely functional drug users, just like there is a huge number of functional alcoholics.

You're making it personal and giving into the same emotion based illogical thought process that leads to the "if it saves just one life" argument antigun people use
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're wrong. You have no idea how wrong you are. 100% of the CEOs of my division have coke and H problems. I know, because I've SEEN it. One of them has done coke for at least the 20 years I've known him. This isn't a ringing endorsement for drugs. I'm not a fan.

However, you're ignorant.

ETA: This isn't meant to be an insult. Most people who aren't exposed to drugs have no idea how prolific they are on the street, let alone in big business offices.
You would be the ignorant one my friend.   I have seen Heroin up close and personal.  I have watched it destroy countless young lives.  Stories are all the same - kids have a sports injury, get a bottle of Percocet.  Like the Percocet.   Score more until their tolerance builds up to where percs and dormin doesn’t cut it any more.    Then they switch to heroin because they can’t afford Percocets anymore.   I have brought my son back from death through cpr.    If you think there are functional Heroin users then you my friend just did a button yourself

Given time - there are no victimless Heroin users.  Period.

So now you can go tell other people how they are ignorant and a little H won’t cause them any harm.

Just because there are a huge number of functional drug users does not mean that drugs have no impact on anyone but the user.
Lets say drugs are legal. Do you want your surgeon cutting on you after he did a few lines for lunch? You want your kid's teacher around them after she shot up in the bathroom? How about the truck driver determined to drive his load of pineapples non stop to Hawaii while on a meth binge?

Besides, if drugs were legal then Tyrone would have to get a real job.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Driving impaired, and consuming something are two separate acts. Your buddy didn't get killed because someone took drugs, he got killed because someone was driving impaired.  

The argument you are trying to make is equivalent to the argument that guns should be  regulated because someone committed murder with a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the thing. alcohol and illegal drugs are mind altering substances. That means that when under the influence you don't make the best decisions.
I have had two DWIs. The second one I was minding my own business drinking beer at home and getting royally drunk. Next thing I knew I was in my truck on the side of the road with a sheriff's flashlight shining in my face. I don't remember leaving the house. I had blacked out.
Was I of the mind to make a conscious decision to drive? Would I have been if I hadn't been drinking?
Luckily I didn't have a wreck and hurt or kill anyone but In that state I wouldn't have known it if I did.

That was in 1993. I no longer drink to any great extent. Two beers is my limit and I won't drive after I open the first one.

Drugs are much more powerful than alcohol. It takes less of them to reach that point.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hey, the War on Drugs has been every bit the success that the War on Alcohol was in the 1920s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they hadn't repealed Prohibition and instead fought the War on Alcohol harder,there is no doubt alcohol would be eradicated from society by now............................
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You failed to address the fact that the only reason murderous mexican cartels exist to begin with is because users in this country create the demand for their product.

Think about that the next time you smoke a bowl.
View Quote
Its amusing that anyone who thinks giving up rights and money in the name of a failed "war" that has gutted this country must be the ones smoking shit.

Just maybe if you do something for DECADES and things are worse than when you started, it might not be too crazy to maybe look at alternative tactics to reach the strategic goal.

But fuck that. Common sense is for faggots.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
We should ban alcohol.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Latecomer here. This is obviously a brutal crime, but I'm not sure the cooking the body parts adds to the fear, if you think about it. Seems like a "Will be shot at dawn, and then hanged, then fed to lions, and then  kept on bread and water for six weeks!" kind of thing.
Just saying
View Quote
Sure it adds to the fear.
It’s a lot more disturbing to the average person that those folks just having disappeared.
It’s a message. Psychological warfare.
Heads on a pike by armies throughout history.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just because there are a huge number of functional drug users does not mean that drugs have no impact on anyone but the user.
Lets say drugs are legal. Do you want your surgeon cutting on you after he did a few lines for lunch? You want your kid's teacher around them after she shot up in the bathroom? How about the truck driver determined to drive his load of pineapples non stop to Hawaii while on a meth binge?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're wrong. You have no idea how wrong you are. 100% of the CEOs of my division have coke and H problems. I know, because I've SEEN it. One of them has done coke for at least the 20 years I've known him. This isn't a ringing endorsement for drugs. I'm not a fan.

However, you're ignorant.

ETA: This isn't meant to be an insult. Most people who aren't exposed to drugs have no idea how prolific they are on the street, let alone in big business offices.
You would be the ignorant one my friend.   I have seen Heroin up close and personal.  I have watched it destroy countless young lives.  Stories are all the same - kids have a sports injury, get a bottle of Percocet.  Like the Percocet.   Score more until their tolerance builds up to where percs and dormin doesn’t cut it any more.    Then they switch to heroin because they can’t afford Percocets anymore.   I have brought my son back from death through cpr.    If you think there are functional Heroin users then you my friend just did a button yourself

Given time - there are no victimless Heroin users.  Period.

So now you can go tell other people how they are ignorant and a little H won’t cause them any harm.

All if those acts, while influenced by, are separate from the drug use.

Saying that people should be allowed to put whatever they want into their bodies and that it affects no-one but themselves, IS NOT condoning or supporting doing any of those things or any of the many other things that are dangerous or risk other people's safety while impaired. It is no different than how we wouldn't want anyone doing those things while drunk, legalizing alcohol didn't legalize any of those
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top