Quoted:
Drugs are a victimless crime, Mmkay?
View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here's the thing. alcohol and illegal drugs are mind altering substances. That means that when under the influence you don't make the best decisions.
I have had two DWIs. The second one I was minding my own business drinking beer at home and getting royally drunk. Next thing I knew I was in my truck on the side of the road with a sheriff's flashlight shining in my face. I don't remember leaving the house. I had blacked out.
Was I of the mind to make a conscious decision to drive? Would I have been if I hadn't been drinking?
Luckily I didn't have a wreck and hurt or kill anyone but In that state I wouldn't have known it if I did.

That was in 1993. I no longer drink to any great extent. Two beers is my limit and I won't drive after I open the first one.

Drugs are much more powerful than alcohol. It takes less of them to reach that point.
View Quote
People sometimes make bad decisions.  You can't outlaw bad decisions and call yourself a free society.

Safety or freedom.  Pick one.

Trick question.   You can't have safety.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top