Are there people in East Tennesee?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing new.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From a business standpoint, he just made a dumb move.
View Quote

In east tennessee? I doubt it.

Even if it puts his store in danger, he'll have a gofundme account set up to cover the losses via rubes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

His sign has somewhere between jack and shit to do with Christianity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, added the 'No Gays Allowed' sign because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that homosexual people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/claiborne-hancock-grainger-union/2015/06/30/store-puts-up-no-gays-allowed-sign-after-same-sex-marriage-ruling/29497621/

His sign has somewhere between jack and shit to do with Christianity.

You only say that because you practice moral relativism.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hope he's ok going out of business...

The guy is a social dinosaur, putting that sign up is analogous to having a "no blacks" sign. His business, his rules and all aside, I hope he's prepared for early retirement and possible lawsuits.
View Quote

Do I have to be a paid member to be able to see your rainbow avatar?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Even if it puts his store in danger, he'll have a gofundme account set up to cover the losses via rubes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love the justice warriors on this site, lol
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sorta brain dead. Really!
But is there much difference from banning smokers in the store vs banning gay people from the store?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, added the 'No Gays Allowed' sign because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that homosexual people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/claiborne-hancock-grainger-union/2015/06/30/store-puts-up-no-gays-allowed-sign-after-same-sex-marriage-ruling/29497621/

View Quote

In other news, my cat shat in my yard. This is news?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#9]
How does he know if they're gay?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/why-do-all-these-homosexuals-keep-sucking-my-cock-10861
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]

I would not have a problem with that sign for a privately owned business that is not government funded.

Nor would I have a problem with a privately owned business that posted a sign that said "NO WHITES ALLOWED"

Or one that said "NO ALIENS ALLOWED"  or "NO FOREIGNERS ALLOWED".

When as private business owner, the government controls who you must and must not sell to, you are no longer free. You are a puppet of the state.

That is my opinion on the matter.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it legal to put a "no guns" sign up? If yes, then die in a fire.

Basically my IDGAF attitude from now on. I want to be treated like a gay.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if there are any other types of sinners that his religion prohibits him from selling goods to?

Or is he in some gay-specific religion?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I would not have a problem with that sign for a privately owned business that is not government funded.

Nor would I have a problem with a privately owned business that posted a sign that said "NO WHITES ALLOWED"

When private business owner, the government controls who you must and must not sell to, you are no longer free. You are a puppet of the state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

When private business owner, the government controls who you must and must not sell to, you are no longer free. You are a puppet of the state.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.  Please tell me where to send a self addressed stamped envelope.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

gaydar....

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope he's ok going out of business...

The guy is a social dinosaur, putting that sign up is analogous to having a "no blacks" sign. His business, his rules and all aside, I hope he's prepared for early retirement and possible lawsuits.

I don't see how avatars have anything to do with seeing the writing on the walls. It's readily apparent to anybody paying attention that this is the direction in which the country is going. If you can't see the correlation between the racial civil rights movement of the last century and the sexual civil rights movement of this century, you're either blind or have your head in the sand, hoping it'll all just go away.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You really wouldn't want to live in town where every business had preconditions on who can enter on things so asinine as race, gender, or orientation.

It sounds great on face value because you've never lived in a society like that. And I highly doubt you would want to.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.  Please tell me where to send a self addressed stamped envelope.
View Quote

Your Avatar gives me the fucking CREEPS!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good move - he's going to get more business in that neck of the woods.

There aren't any gay pride parades in Grainger county, folks.
View Quote

Yet.....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Maybe they don't need to announce to the world that they sodomize each other?

Oh wait that's too hard for them.

I don't think a gay would say it's too hard for him.      

Imagine if every time I walked into a restaurant I announced to everyone there "I like to have sex with my female wife!".

That is the equivalent of what gays are doing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happens when a gay couple enter a town while on a road trip that is nearly all against gays and can't buy gas or food?

Starve and die?

Maybe they don't need to announce to the world that they sodomize each other?

Oh wait that's too hard for them.

I don't think a gay would say it's too hard for him.      

Imagine if every time I walked into a restaurant I announced to everyone there "I like to have sex with my female wife!".

That is the equivalent of what gays are doing.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

East TN.  He more likely just made a brilliant business move.  The free publicity he gets will be worth a lot more than the two people in his area that he pisses off.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wonder if there are any other types of sinners that his religion prohibits him from selling goods to?

View Quote

Adulterers and fornicators generally do not announce their sins from the rooftops, or sue people who aren't accepting of them, so he really doesn't need to.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You really wouldn't want to live in town where every business had preconditions on who can enter on things so asinine as race, gender, or orientation.

It sounds great on face value because you've never lived in a society like that. And I highly doubt you would want to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had a society like that before the 1860s.  It worked just fine.

You know, the days before income tax before they started feeding the federal monster.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Adulterers and fornicators generally do not announce their sins from the rooftops, or sue people who aren't accepting of them, so he really doesn't need to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a human being walks into this man's shop, he's doing business with a sinner.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

East TN.  He more likely just made a brilliant business move.  The free publicity he gets will be worth a lot more than the two people in his area that he pisses off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knoxville has a large gay community.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sorry to tell you, but that won't be happening in that town. If anything it'll get him more biz from Lowes in JC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

His store, his rules.

If it gets out, is deemed unpopular, and people boycott his store because of that, that is just the free market at work.

However, I suspect those that preach the loudest about "tolerance of different views" are the ones who also scream the loudest at having legal action taken against him.

Sorry to tell you, but that won't be happening in that town. If anything it'll get him more biz from Lowes in JC.

That's what I was thinking. People scream "He'll go outta business!!!" and have no idea about the demographics of the place.  I'm just waiting for the "NO MEXICANS!" signs from Polk county.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so his religion requires him to refuse service to mouthy people?

sounds legit
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How would anyone know you're a gay couple?

Pull up to the service station and say "WE JUST GOT MARRIED!  THANKS OBAMA!"?

No.  You wouldn't do that, just like you wouldn't pull into a service station in Detroit and tell the guy "I hate n-words"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happens when a gay couple enter a town while on a road trip that is nearly all against gays and can't buy gas or food?

How would anyone know you're a gay couple?

Pull up to the service station and say "WE JUST GOT MARRIED!  THANKS OBAMA!"?

No.  You wouldn't do that, just like you wouldn't pull into a service station in Detroit and tell the guy "I hate n-words"

Most gas stations in Detroit are owned by Arabs, that might not be as big of an issue as you think unless the other customers heard you.

Good for this guy for standing up for what he believes in no matter what anyone else thinks or in liberals case, feels. More conservatives need to do this. I'm sick of giving in because my beliefs are not popular with people I could care less about. It's also sad to see how progressive some of GD has become. I'm glad I'm getting older, I won't be here to watch these assholes reep what they are sowing but I won't have to watch the destruction of America much longer either. Maybe I'm a dinosaur but I really don't give a rats ass anymore.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow... Now I understand.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#31]
That's a stupid move if they want to keep their business from being sued by every sue-happy gay person in the nation?

Not to mention that it's basically painting a target on their back for the feds to fuck with them.

I am so damn glad that I don't work/own a business that serves "the public" in that fashion.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be that as it may, there is no need to publicize your personal affairs and stick it in everyone's face.. That is basically what he is saying.

He isn't going to put customers though a polygraph to determine if they are gay.

But we all know that isn't going to happen. The LGBT Gestapo is probably already on their way.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

sounds legit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sounds legit

No, just to those who announce to him that they are unrepentant sinners.

Unrepentant is the key here. Something that many fail to understand.

Having been gay is no worse than having committed adultery. Being unrepentant makes you someone objectionable to those who believe it is a sin.

We either have freedom of religion in all aspects of life, or we do not.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Good for him, I would give him my full support
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Good for him.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Shits getting ridiculous and he probably served gays in the past and didn't know it.
So what is the preacher doing to convert them. Love the sinner, not the sin and all that
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#38]
In before he gets sued into bankruptcy
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Wow... Now I understand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow... Now I understand.

Because America sucked before Lincoln, right?

Give me a break. Slavery went away and that was a good thing. But the way it happened ensured tyranny for all.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Having been gay is no worse than having committed adultery. Being unrepentant makes you someone objectionable to those who believe it is a sin.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sounds legit

so there's an interview process

understood
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

understood
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sounds legit

understood

No there is just a STFU process.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

His store, his rules.

If it gets out, is deemed unpopular, and people boycott his store because of that, that is just the free market at work.

However, I suspect those that preach the loudest about "tolerance of different views" are the ones who also scream the loudest at having legal action taken against him.
View Quote
When I come to power, any private business/organization will be allowed to refuse service/employment to any person or group for any reason.  However, any business who refuses to serve/employ an entire class of people (gay, straight, black white, Christian, Muslim, Irish, gun carrier, gun owner, cop, military etc.) will be required to post, in a highly visible location at the entrance of their business, prominent signage stating the groups they refuse to serve.  Any lawsuits would result not from the discrimination itself (everyone has the right to be an asshole, after all) but from not informing your customers/job applicants in advance.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#44]
He gonna get he pee-pee slapped.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#45]
How the hell is this asshole going to tell if a customer is gay or not?

His business so he can put up whatever signage he pleases and take the consequences.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

spent a lot of quality time in E. tennessee?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do you assume religion is the reason he dislikes homos?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He gonna get he pee-pee slapped.
View Quote

Don't worry, the slapdown will coming for everyone.  At some point, there will be something YOU object to that will be rammed down your throat.

But it will be too late. What we are witnessing here is the dissolution of freedom.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

at least they will be married when they die.

of course, how would anyone know they were gay.

You would think for such a private matter, it would be impossible to determine who is, and isn't gay.

Yet, for some strange reason, it doesn't seem to be that way a lot of the times.

weird.  Almost like their sexuality is their total identity.  almost a political thing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit

It's in the very first sentence.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top