Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the next battle, providing homosexuals the same federal legal protection as other minorities and this guy gave them a round to use
View Quote

oh, yeah, like that wasn't on the agenda anyway.

disseparate impact lawsuits are probably already being filed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why do you assume religion is the reason he dislikes homos?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if there are any other types of sinners that his religion prohibits him from selling goods to?

Or is he in some gay-specific religion?

Oh, I don't know, just the fact that we can read...

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that homosexual people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am getting tired of the bending over backwards for 1-2% of the population..
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Holy shit

It's in the very first sentence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if there are any other types of sinners that his religion prohibits him from selling goods to?

Holy shit

It's in the very first sentence.

TLDR
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Stupid
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
If he starts his gofundme early enough and posts this on facebook, his retirement dream might become a reality.  I'm thinking of becoming a professional victim myself.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If he starts his gofundme early enough and posts this on facebook, his retirement dream might become a reality.  I'm thinking of becoming a professional victim myself.
View Quote

It's a growth industry.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hope he's ok going out of business...

The guy is a social dinosaur, putting that sign up is analogous to having a "no blacks" sign. His business, his rules and all aside, I hope he's prepared for early retirement and possible lawsuits.
View Quote

i don't think you know much about the parts of TN that aren't big cities
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#9]

I would  support  him. Not because  I have a problem  with gays but because any private enterprise  should  be able  to  decide  who they wish to  serve. Its no different  than the individual's  right  to choose  with whom he or she wishes  to freely  associate.

Anybody  getting  upset  about  it is just letting  their  feels  get in the way of rational  thought.

But muh feeeeeeeeeeeeellllssss!!!  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you even read the OP?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe the store owner is just trying to out the gay mafia?  Oh wait.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, just to those who announce to him that they are unrepentant sinners.

Unrepentant is the key here. Something that many fail to understand.

Having been gay is no worse than having committed adultery. Being unrepentant makes you someone objectionable to those who believe it is a sin.

We either have freedom of religion in all aspects of life, or we do not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Adulterers and fornicators generally do not announce their sins from the rooftops, or sue people who aren't accepting of them, so he really doesn't need to.

so his religion requires him to refuse service to mouthy people?

sounds legit

No, just to those who announce to him that they are unrepentant sinners.

Unrepentant is the key here. Something that many fail to understand.

Having been gay is no worse than having committed adultery. Being unrepentant makes you someone objectionable to those who believe it is a sin.

We either have freedom of religion in all aspects of life, or we do not.

So vocal atheists are out too?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
theyll be sure to scream it at him and demand acceptance .
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#14]
It's on the news right now,he already changed the sign.

"We have a right to Refuse service to anyone."
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well that's original.  He must be a geezer to have lost out on the facebook outrage/gofundme windfall.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i don't think you know much about the parts of TN that aren't memphis .

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy is a social dinosaur, putting that sign up is analogous to having a "no blacks" sign. His business, his rules and all aside, I hope he's prepared for early retirement and possible lawsuits.

i don't think you know much about the parts of TN that aren't memphis .

this..he might get picketed or something but I doubt he loses any business at all-more like temporarily triple his customers.

even if he gets picketed, he'll get folks coming in just to see the sideshow

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I think if he'd put up a sign that said, 'No Asian Gays Allowed' or 'No Black Gays Allowed' he'd have trouble with the state agency that handles discrimination claims.  Not sure if LGBT is a protected class in Tennessee (yet).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#18]
IBTL
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

In East TN we don't put up the shit a lot of this country does.   He will see an increase in business.   Go whine about that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How the hell is this asshole going to tell if a customer is gay or not?

His business so he can put up whatever signage he pleases and take the consequences.
View Quote

So now you're labeled an asshole for standing up for something you believe in?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Gays love to advertise they are gay, they can't help it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happens when a gay couple enter a town while on a road trip that is nearly all against gays and can't buy gas or food?

How would anyone know you're a gay couple?

Pull up to the service station and say "WE JUST GOT MARRIED!  THANKS OBAMA!"?

No.  You wouldn't do that, just like you wouldn't pull into a service station in Detroit and tell the guy "I hate n-words"

Gays love to advertise they are gay, they can't help it.

LOL     Ain't it the truth.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How the hell is this asshole going to tell if a customer is gay or not?

His business so he can put up whatever signage he pleases and take the consequences.

Not all beliefs are created equal.  Sometimes, you're just an asshole.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
We had that once. It lead to things like segregation. I guess a hardware store isn't life or death, but what if a hospital or a pharmacy denied service to gays, blacks, gun owners, etc? Is it still "their place, their rules"? If you can't rationalize refusing medical treatment of a person, you can't rationalize not selling them a wing nut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

His store, his rules.

We had that once. It lead to things like segregation. I guess a hardware store isn't life or death, but what if a hospital or a pharmacy denied service to gays, blacks, gun owners, etc? Is it still "their place, their rules"? If you can't rationalize refusing medical treatment of a person, you can't rationalize not selling them a wing nut.

Hardware store and hospital. Totally the same argument.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

His sign has somewhere between jack and shit to do with Christianity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, added the 'No Gays Allowed' sign because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that homosexual people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/claiborne-hancock-grainger-union/2015/06/30/store-puts-up-no-gays-allowed-sign-after-same-sex-marriage-ruling/29497621/

As usual, you don't know jack shit what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#26]
He just doesn't want any gay or lesbians  "nailing" each other in his store.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, added the 'No Gays Allowed' sign because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/claiborne-hancock-grainger-union/2015/06/30/store-puts-up-no-gays-allowed-sign-after-same-sex-marriage-ruling/29497621/

Go ahead, quote me chapter and verse where I should cease associating with the immoral and unclean.  I am honestly asking you for some sort of scriptural basis for this.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#28]
How exactly does one determine who's beliefs are 'asshole'?
Which is more 'assholish', gay beliefs or religious beliefs?
I'm no fan of either, but the LGBT/Liberal agenda is being promoted in every form of media demanding respect or else.  I'd have to seek out some church channel on DirecTV to find much religious promotion.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
His store, his rules.

Can you rationally argue the difference? Either businesses should be cleared to discriminate arbitrarily or not. Most hospitals are businesses. Many hospitals are even attached to churches. If you can turn away "sinful" people at one business and not another, then that just destroys your argument that it is just to turn anyone away because you don't like "their kind".
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is it legal to put a "no guns" sign up? If yes, then die in a fire.

Basically my IDGAF attitude from now on. I want to be treated like a gay.
View Quote

You should probably know this may mean taking it in the ass.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
The two are not comparable. There is a difference between being singled out by the color you are born with, and the conscious choice of who you fuck, and what sex you choose to be. How homosexuality can be considered a civil right is so beyond fucked up it makes you realize how far we have morally fallen as a society. How can one man fucking another man in the ass be a protected class? Let me answer that for you, it shouldn't be. Now, those that openly protest homosexuality as an affront to their religion, will cause them to be classified as bigots, and hate mongers. Objecting to homosexuality will result in far reaching consequences that will result in social, civil, and possibly even criminal retaliation. The SCOTUS has just taken the First Amendment of The United States Constitution, and shit on it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The two are not comparable. There is a difference between being singled out by the color you are born with, and the conscious choice of who you fuck, and what sex you choose to be. How homosexuality can be considered a civil right is so beyond fucked up it makes you realize how far we have morally fallen as a society. How can one man fucking another man in the ass be a protected class? Let me answer that for you, it shouldn't be. Now, those that openly protest homosexuality as an affront to their religion, will cause them to be classified as bigots, and hate mongers. Objecting to homosexuality will result in far reaching consequences that will result in social, civil, and possibly even criminal retaliation. The SCOTUS has just taken the First Amendment of The United States Constitution, and shit on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read a book. Sexual attraction isn't a choice. I guess you can decide to have sex or not, but the number of straight sexual sinners coming into that store beats the gays at least 10 to 1.

Would celibate gays be ok?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

We're gonna need a questionnaire out front for this.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am getting tired of the bending over backwards for 1-2% of the population..

I hope you two aren't bending over at all.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We had a society like that before the 1860s.  It worked just fine.

You know, the days before income tax before they started feeding the federal monster.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would not have a problem with that sign for a privately owned business that is not government funded.

Nor would I have a problem with a privately owned business that posted a sign that said "NO WHITES ALLOWED"

Or one that said "NO ALIENS ALLOWED"  or "NO FOREIGNERS ALLOWED".

When private business owner, the government controls who you must and must not sell to, you are no longer free. You are a puppet of the state.

That is my opinion on the matter.

You really wouldn't want to live in town where every business had preconditions on who can enter on things so asinine as race, gender, or orientation.

It sounds great on face value because you've never lived in a society like that. And I highly doubt you would want to.

We had a society like that before the 1860s.  It worked just fine.

You know, the days before income tax before they started feeding the federal monster.

Don't you just hate it when you have to educate posters on here.    ha
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Knee jerker.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
From a business standpoint, he just made a dumb move.
View Quote

This is east tennessee, not San Francisco.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Shits getting ridiculous and he probably served gays in the past and didn't know it.
So what is the preacher doing to convert them. Love the sinner, not the sin and all that
View Quote

Ever met a homo who wanted to be converted?    They're normal,  you  know.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Over twenty years ago, Buchanan said America was in a culture war. He was right.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I am fine with that.

People should be able to conduct business with whoever (or not) they want.
View Quote

X2. I've turned business away from Fermi National  Laboratory when they wanted me to agree to Federal NON-discrimination terms AND provide a mountain of documents to "prove" that I had.   Documenting the "proof" would have taken far longer than the work that I would have done for them.  They can take their business elsewhere.    Oh WAIT!  No one else repairs that equipment?   Tough SHIT!  My work, my skills, my labor ==  MY rules, not theirs or FBHOs!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do gays have such a hard time living in the same country as a "social dinosaur"?  Why cant they just shake their head and move on?  Why cant they just accept the fact that there are people out there that disagree with them and they have the right to disagree?  What is the big problem?  It's not like they are ever going to change the minds of a certain percentage of the population so why cant the just deal with it?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I can't discriminate against black folks.

Can I discriminate against black folks who have sex with white folks?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think they need federal legislation. I would expect they will get it. I think many ?? States already have it  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the next battle, providing homosexuals the same federal legal protection as other minorities and this guy gave them a round to use

oh, yeah, like that wasn't on the agenda anyway.

disseparate impact lawsuits are probably already being filed.
I think they need federal legislation. I would expect they will get it. I think many ?? States already have it  

legislation?

dat old schoool.

we new school.

DoJ will just issue a regulation and then go on the attack.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#44]

I see a terrible "fireworks accident" in his business' immediate future followed by a massive IRS audit.

Purely coincidentally of course.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  When he puts up a "Only believers allowed" sign, he'll cease being full of shit.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#46]
so where am i going to go to pick up studs?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Go ahead, quote me chapter and verse where I should cease associating with the immoral and unclean.  I am honestly asking you for some sort of scriptural basis for this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First,  back up your claim to knowing  homosexuality is not against his Christian beliefs?     You can't save the world and he isn't going to try, nor is he obligated, to do the impossible.    Go
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Folks are different here, I have seen more battle flags in the last 4 days than I had in a decade... Etown had at least 150 vehicles in the parking lot over the weekend, not muscle cars, ricers or antiques as usual chilling out, all were there united.
20's 44's and candy paint...kinda purty

What is difference between a private business selling wares and a homeowner with the same sign on their door or in their field?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like someone told him that original signage might not be such a good idea.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we need a poll? (or is it pole, in this case?)
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top