Quoted:
Well, you all didn't in 08/09, so there's that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe all the yankees will go back from whence they came.

Maybe.
Maybe some of us will be buying foreclosed houses on the cheap.
We'll see , Johnny Reb.

They won't be buying cheap AR's either after FL gives the country to Biden.

People down here have been wrecked, the .gov drove this country off an economic cliff in a rage of fear and panic.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
China is Asshole.  So is Iran and North Korea.  Russia is too.  And so are Islamic terrorists.  Blame them for this virus.
View Quote

It is state governors destroying the economy.  A risk-based strategy would have vulnerable people impacted and everyone else lives normally.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
FL last in processing Unemployment. RPOF scared because of it.

Florida among slowest states to process unemployment claims

Analysis Shows Florida Ranks Near Bottom of Processing Unemployment Claims

Floridians fear they'll run out of money before they'll get unemployment checks

Florida slowest state in US to process unemployment claims

Under then Gov. Rick Scott's two terms, the GOP gutted the unemployment system. Republicans were cheering the cuts when the good times were happening and the economy was rocking. But they didn't build a rainy day fund for possible economic downturns. Now as a US Senator, Rick Scott is further rubbing it in Floridians' faces.

Rick Scott, who gutted Florida's unemployment system, says coronavirus stimulus will pay low-wage workers too much

Now Gov. Ron DeSantis has a shit sandwich on his hands.

'It's a shit sandwich': Republicans rage as Florida becomes a nightmare for Trump

Florida GOP Realizes Deliberately Impoverishing the Unemployed Has Downsides

Meet the lawmakers who helped Rick Scott gut Florida's unemployment system

Unemployment benefits debacle could leave DeSantis out of job

Dear Gov. DeSantis: Rick Scott might have created this unemployment disaster, but it's your job to fix it

I believe this will have the Sunshine State go Democrat in November and hurt Trumps chances and Democrat in 2022 for the Governor's seat. Floridians are pissed. The State's Department of Economic Opportunity reports that there is 600,000 unemployed, yet they have received over 1.2 million applications for benefits so far. Less than 10% of the applications have even been processed. On top of that, the entire system is a complete cluster fuck. People can't get their applications through due to the website crashing and no one answering the phones.

The hubris the GOP has shown in this state the past decade will be catching up and biting them in the ass.

Tampa Mayor Jane Castor gets 78% approval rating in pandemic, outdoing DeSantis, Trump, new poll shows

Gov. DeSantis' approval rating drops as governors nationwide see boost

The Pandemic and Black Voter Turnout A drop in black voter turnout was a factor in Donald Trump's 2016 win. Will COVID-19 - which is disproportionately killing African Americansbring more black voters to the polls?

View Quote

How do apply for unemployment in Florida?  Punch cards and hanging chads?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We've got a strong economic foundation built.
If we were to open after this weekend, we would bounce back rather quickly.

However, this foundation is eroding quick. Another 3 weeks and it will be a lot of work to get it back. I see it getting exponentially worse every three days here.
View Quote

It gets worse every two weeks.

Two weeks is always the right answer except some have taken to using a month, or six weeks or a year.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Stock market is doing fine...what are you talking about?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@SuperSixOne, half my family is out of work and hurting big time in South Florida. They all work the hospitality industry. The State's handling of Unemployment is also a complete clusterfuck. Lawmakers in Tallahassee have no clue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No cruise ships, no hotel stays, no tourism, no beaches.

These D.C. government robots with paychecks coming off the money press are so out of touch with how many Americans have nothing coming in right now. My neighbor owns a commercial food distribution biz that services restaurants and she can't afford to reopen it. All the employees(50-60) are hosed.

We have to get back to work..
@SuperSixOne, half my family is out of work and hurting big time in South Florida. They all work the hospitality industry. The State's handling of Unemployment is also a complete clusterfuck. Lawmakers in Tallahassee have no clue.
I believe it.

We just got hit with an economic Pearl Harbor. People are out in the streets, but nobody is buying anything.

It's more sudden here that most of the country, but the pain will reach Main Street before they know it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Seriously, you cannot depend on the government. The pay checks to the government bureaucrats continue, but in reality it pays for endless changes in departmental logos, wars between different departments and agencies and constant reshuffling of org charts.  You only find this out when you really rely on them.

The gov (local, state, federal) is just a building on a road housing people who can't do anything of value other than shuffle paper and it's to be considered a drag on society which no one would miss if 75% of it disappeared (including 100% of the DMV).
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#8]
We’re in DEEP shit here in South Florida ~

Some Civil Unrest already appearing because of family finances and domestic / social problems...

If the Florida Unemployment System doesn’t get resolved quickly people will start doing dangerous desperate things.

Both of my businesses were forced closed by Broward County Decree on March 20, 2020

I tried looking for alternatives in trying to think outside the box in utilizing my fleet for something essential but the county sent me a letter from the Consumer Services Division forcing my business / industry to shut down...

I was forced to shut down with no choice or appeal...

Do I have a right to sue the Government under TORT claims statute for the unjust taking / stopping of my business ?

I’m at a loss here...  My damages amount to over $ 75,000.00 now in lost bookings / future reservations...

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These D.C. government robots with paychecks coming off the money press are so out of touch with how many Americans have nothing coming in right now. My neighbor owns a commercial food distribution biz that services restaurants and she can't afford to reopen it. All the employees(50-60) are hosed.

No clue? Right...
The sooner you realize that it's "by design" the better off you'll be.
https://i.imgflip.com/3v97ef.jpg

Lol. I love all the  sad  Pablo memes!
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.
Maybe some of us will be buying foreclosed houses on the cheap.
We'll see , Johnny Reb.

Lol. I didnt have any money then. Seeya soon, new neighbor.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol, month? She gonna eat canned everything?!?

Corona lives for days on some surfaces. You gonna disinfect her mail too? You gonna get other people to not touch her mail? Her food?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does she get food? Her mail? To the doctor for her appointments?

you buy her a months food, she gets tha mail once a week, and she aint getting to the doctors now anyway.

Lol, month? She gonna eat canned everything?!?

Corona lives for days on some surfaces. You gonna disinfect her mail too? You gonna get other people to not touch her mail? Her food?

Nobody's grandma is more important than the livelihoods of 100's of millions of people. The fact you expect people to start eating out of trash cans to save your grammy, is pure fucking insanity.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Guessing Hawaii, Anaheim and the other tourist destinations are also feeling it
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Tallahassee Uber Alles
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never knew there was a Florida in Deutschland.

Tallahassee Uber Alles

Tallahassee ist Scheiße.

Tampa Uber Alles
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Some Civil Unrest already appearing because of family finances and domestic / social problems...

If the Florida Unemployment System doesn’t get resolved quickly people will start doing dangerous desperate things.

Both of my businesses were forced closed by Broward County Decree on March 20, 2020

I tried looking for alternatives in trying to think outside the box in utilizing my fleet for something essential but the county sent me a letter from the Consumer Services Division forcing my business / industry to shut down...

Do I have a right to sue the Government under TORT claims statute for the unjust taking / stopping of my business ?

I’m at a loss here...  My damages amount to over $ 75,000.00 now in lost bookings / future reservations...

View Quote

This makes me angry.  Everyone, at this point, understands the risks of opening the economy.  High risk people can self quarantine and the rest of us should be allowed to take our chances and get to work preventing our entire civilization from imploding.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. Fuck  Desantis.  Apparently its ok for me to go to Wal Mart to buy Chinese farmed Talapia, but its way to fucking dangerous for me to get in my boat , put it in the water at a ramp and go a few miles of shore and catch my own fish. He is the same as any other shithead Governonr during this. We have a ton of small businesses that should be open right now but he said fuck you. We could enjoy nature but he closed down a fuckload of public lands
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well it’s green and climbing at least but there will be bumps...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Could Florida pivot to something useful?

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have family in South FL, the lot of you want it to be shut down as much as those "DC" people.    Not saying it's the boomer population, but it might just be the boomer population.
View Quote

Nope all the GenX and Millenials want it shut down here too. Florida is pretty much a lost case for the Right
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is stable....not in a free fall.

No sign of depression.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
China is Asshole.  So is Iran and North Korea.  Russia is too.  And so are Islamic terrorists.  Blame them for this virus.
View Quote

Are you saying not to blame local governments on shutdownz?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:56:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please God let this come true.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sounds like your neighbor just didn't have the business acuity/agility to repurpose her food service sales into the consumer grocery market while this shut down plays out. Hell, the grocery stores were running out of stuff because people were buying multiple units...like food service sized packs.

Worst case scenario she could have donated it all to food pantries and taken a write off.

With the PPP money available, she should have been able to keep those people on her payroll.

With the government dough being made available...there's damn little reason anybody with enough sense to operate a business is being forced to permanently close down.

View Quote

Its not lke they can just phone the local Wal MArts and Publix and say hey , I have a  shit ton of food thats not made for retail sale going bad, do you wanna buy it to resell? Even if it were packaged for retail sale, its not like you are gona work out a deal fast enough before you are broke anyway
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have an attorney in Broward that will negotiate with the local Police to keep you open. Depending on the business.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:32:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Last week I remember you Floridians were just fine w/ shutting your borders... Fuck the tourists, close down 95 & all that BS. You really didnt see this coming?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:35:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have an attorney in Broward that will negotiate with the local Police to keep you open. Depending on the business.
View Quote

Thank You for the offer but the damage has already been done unfortunately...  I’m at the MERCY now of the Government opening up the economy in gradual incremental stages...

No one is traveling or going anywhere in my industry right now...
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've been in food service for a lot of my adult life and most stuff is in 40# packs. I've never seen a 300lb package of butter. 40# blocks? Yeah, but most foodservice operations prefer 40# cases of 1# individually wrapped blocks of butter.
View Quote

And there it is..

I guess some people would rather sit on their hand than try and save their business.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@WildBoar, DeSantis for his entire term in office has been riding Trump's coattails and is pretty damn weak for the most part. He's been all talk and no walk. And what's worse is his lack of leadership during this crisis will hurt Florida even more. He figured being Governor would be easy under a Trump Administration. Well, it's proven wrong. Worse, he hasn't spent the political capital he amassed on what he campaigned.
View Quote

Yup. I mean I didnt want Meth Head Gillum but DeSantis has been a disappointment so far. This State is fucked
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Last week I remember you Floridians were just fine w/ shutting your borders... Fuck the tourists, close down 95 & all that BS. You really didnt see this coming?
View Quote

When have any FL folks here said that? We love Tourism, its why we have no State income tax. We just don't want New England Liberals to permanently move here. Are you butthurt that the non liberal Floridians don't want your Liberal cancer here? Sounds like it
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am in South Florida and I see many clients doing ok. There is for sure a 2 world economy. Those that relied on restaurant s/hotel/tourism are dead. Sadly that's not coming back this year or next. And it's has nothing to do with a shutdown.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@SuperSixOne

Your assessment is exactly what I'm seeing in some small business that I service as a small business.
It is said that a true small biz has enough working capital to go.......wait for it.......... Only 27 days.

I had customers with small businesses for 10-20 years throwing in the towel half way into week 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not going to bounce back like people think. That ship sailed. This is going to be a depression.

@SuperSixOne

Your assessment is exactly what I'm seeing in some small business that I service as a small business.
It is said that a true small biz has enough working capital to go.......wait for it.......... Only 27 days.

I had customers with small businesses for 10-20 years throwing in the towel half way into week 3.

How the fuck is that even possible?  Does no one actually save money during the good years?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#32]
I had a coworker of mine yesterday tell me we need to stay shut down for another month.
Our economy will be fine.
He comes from a failed socialist country and is usually level headed.
But we are essential and budget covered for another year so no urgency.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

When have any FL folks here said that? We love Tourism, its why we have no State income tax. We just don't want New England Liberals to permanently move here. Are you butthurt that the non liberal Floridians don't want your Liberal cancer here? Sounds like it
View Quote

Its more than just Liberal ideals.  Its NE attitudes.  NE personality types.  etc.
They bring a whole bag of shit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:53:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me break it down for you... Your state has weather. So, the west coast & south west dont need you. Most of your clients are gonna be from the north east. Shitty weather & they can afford to visit. Your in a shitty position.
Edit. No edit, dumb comment. Its on me
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:59:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Everyone could "get back to work" tomorrow and not a whole lot would change.

The economy isn't in great shape plus we're dealing with a pandemic that's killing thousands a week here in the USA.

People won't be flocking to bars, restaurants, malls, movie theaters, car dealerships, department stores, airports, casinos, cruise ships ect as soon as governors open states back up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:01:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Gillum would have been absolutely horrible. But DeSantis has been a disappointment. He's capitulated to the RPOF in the Legislature and has allowed Galvano to call the shots for his first two years. He hasn't done much for gun rights, not even openly support them by encouraging the Legislature to pass pro gun bills. He fought an uphill battle to give teachers a pay raise. And he's pretty much been lackluster. My contacts in FDLE tell me he mostly plays golf either on Trump's course or he plays virtual golf in the garage of where FL-1 was stored under the Scott Administration since he's converted it to a virtual golf fairway most of the time.

I worked on his detail for a little bit and he was personally nice. But politically, he's a wet noodle riding the Trump wave and hoping it would get him higher office. His record in Congress is nothing spectacular and it was pretty much a nothing burger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@WildBoar, DeSantis for his entire term in office has been riding Trump's coattails and is pretty damn weak for the most part. He's been all talk and no walk. And what's worse is his lack of leadership during this crisis will hurt Florida even more. He figured being Governor would be easy under a Trump Administration. Well, it's proven wrong. Worse, he hasn't spent the political capital he amassed on what he campaigned.

Yup. I mean I didnt want Meth Head Gillum but DeSantis has been a disappointment so far. This State is fucked
Gillum would have been absolutely horrible. But DeSantis has been a disappointment. He's capitulated to the RPOF in the Legislature and has allowed Galvano to call the shots for his first two years. He hasn't done much for gun rights, not even openly support them by encouraging the Legislature to pass pro gun bills. He fought an uphill battle to give teachers a pay raise. And he's pretty much been lackluster. My contacts in FDLE tell me he mostly plays golf either on Trump's course or he plays virtual golf in the garage of where FL-1 was stored under the Scott Administration since he's converted it to a virtual golf fairway most of the time.

I worked on his detail for a little bit and he was personally nice. But politically, he's a wet noodle riding the Trump wave and hoping it would get him higher office. His record in Congress is nothing spectacular and it was pretty much a nothing burger.

Desantis doesnt come across as brightest bulb.  He hasnt really had  a plan, except to suck up to Trump.  Even the fact that the cruise industry implodeded and he had no real plan evan after the japan fiasco to deal with the cruise ships. I get that the ships are not registered here. But RCL, NCL and Carnival are huge employers in South Florida, and he basically fucked them.  

He goes back and forth. Frankly Giminez has done a decent job and even called out DeSantis for some of asshattery.

God help us if we get a storm our way this year.

In the end, this shit is more than these guys can handle, DeSantis didnt shutdown Europe or Asia, which is a huge supply of toursim for us. Everyone wants to open the economy. There is nothing to open. No Tourists to fill the hotels, no one is coming here, No one is going to restaurants to spend money, because we are in once in a lifetime recession.

Sadly, I am telling people they need to plan right now to make a change because things are not going back to normal this year.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:02:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

How the fuck is that even possible?  Does no one actually save money during the good years?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not going to bounce back like people think. That ship sailed. This is going to be a depression.

@SuperSixOne

Some of you guys seem to know jack shit about business. Thin margins are the norm in most industries now. Lots of cash churn needed to pay everyone their cut, including this gov.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:03:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Same thing is happening here in Gulf shores/ Orange Beach AL. but imagine that everyone makes minimum wage.  Thank god that I work for a worldwide company and the wife works for a national company. If we didn't things would be rough.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:16:18 AM EDT
[#42]
@Miami_JBT

We understand and we dont give a fuck.if we are backwater.
I love backwater Florida.  I love Cherokee sink and Big blue on the Wacissa river.
I love chokoloskee canal fishing.  

Coming from Cuba,  what do think Florida should be?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:20:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:23:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Well keep in mind bro, you dont speak for all of us.
Remember that.

Your vision for Florida is disturbing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:24:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Some of you guys seem to know jack shit about business. Thin margins are the norm in most industries now. Lots of cash churn needed to pay everyone their cut, including this gov.
View Quote

Oh come on. The last 10 years have been the most prosperous of any country, at any time, in history. Businesses running on the razor's edge before deserve to be out of business now. American business got "obese" because there has been so little stress, time to trim the fat.

Sorry if I don't have any compassion. Its business, not someone's life.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:31:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Oh come on. The last 10 years have been the most prosperous of any country, at any time, in history. Businesses running on the razor's edge before deserve to be out of business now. American business got "obese" because there has been so little stress, time to trim the fat.

Sorry if I don't have any compassion. Its business, not someone's life.
View Quote

How in the fuck are you measuring the part in bold?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:33:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How in the fuck are you measuring the part in bold?
View Quote

Gonna debate if the sky is blue too? Sometimes I think GD just wants to argue
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:46:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:50:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 2:00:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top