Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lack of self-awareness here, Uncle Sam.

Snowden is an American hero.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"This lawsuit will ensure that Edward Snowden receives no monetary benefits from breaching the trust placed in him."

The "trust" placed in him was not to reveal our government was shredding the constitution by building a giant, ultra top secret freedom-shredder with all the money it took from us.

Nobody will actually say that they've fucking stopped doing it either.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yeah, Fuck US citizens. Spy on everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good
Funny ain't it?

Bunch of small government conservatives getting angry when somebody comes out and exposes big governments dirty laundry.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not sure what you mean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, I don't think they thought this through....opening doors best left closed.
Not sure what you mean.
The implication is that Snowden has more than he's revealed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ha ha ha
View Quote
I'm thinking given his present situation this lawsuit is the least of his worries. Like cutting a parking ticket to a guy you're hauling in for a DUI.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]
When assholes collide
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Allegedly.

Also, I don't think it was said that he "sold" intel to our enemies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Selling intelligence to foreign enemies is heroic now? Odd.
Allegedly.

Also, I don't think it was said that he "sold" intel to our enemies.
Maybe he was just vacationing for free with the Chinese and Russians...
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The "trust" placed in him was not to reveal our government was shredding the constitution by building a giant, ultra top secret freedom-shredder with all the money it took from us.

View Quote
This. I don't even care about snowden or his innocence or guilt. What he exposed and what wikileaks exposed about the treason in our own government surveillance state is so shocking and heartbreaking that it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought he died?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Kinda hard to root for the “good guy” who fled to Russia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good
Actually it's stupid, but if you think Uncle Sam is the good guy here than nothing else matters.
Kinda hard to root for the “good guy” who fled to Russia
He shoulda just stayed here and got Seth Riched, eh?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This. I don't even care about snowden or his innocence or guilt. What he exposed and what wikileaks exposed about the treason in our own government surveillance state is so shocking and heartbreaking that it doesn't matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what percentage of treason telling you what you want to hear makes it ok?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope they financially ruin him. He did wrong, broke the law, and is now trying to make crime pay.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Snowden is a hero.
View Quote
No he isn’t. He is a criminal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Lot of people bitching about high treason for an intel agent who exposed illegal shit and went overseas to not get Arkancide?

Yet, Clintons still free, Obamas milking Netflix, Holder/Comey still "respected", and Epstein hanging around.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You will be conjugally visited by Bubba every hour on the hour.
View Quote
Whatever pill he is on, they should sell
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#15]
To all of the NSA defenders and those who say Snowden is a traitor, are you saying that the NSA is in fact not monitoring American citizens?

Or if they are spying on us, Snowden simply made this up and they are spying on us in different ways?

To those who say he broke the law, you’d be correct. But that isn’t evidence enough for me because of the whole founding fathers were traitors analogy.

I have not kept up on the propaganda from either side. I find it plausible that the NSA’s massive classified computer centers could be spying on us. But what I haven’t heard is the evidence refuting him, other than from Obama’s trustworthy mouth. I’m interested to get a summary of what that is (as long as it is not conjecture).
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Funny ain't it?

Bunch of small government conservatives getting angry when somebody comes out and exposes big governments dirty laundry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good
Funny ain't it?

Lol I don’t know about a ‘bunch’.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
To all of the NSA defenders and those who say Snowden is a traitor, are you saying that the NSA is in fact not monitoring American citizens?

Or if they are spying on us, Snowden simply made this up and they are spying on us in different ways?

To those who say he broke the law, you’d be correct. But that isn’t evidence enough for me because of the whole founding fathers were traitors analogy.

I have not kept up on the propaganda from either side. I find it plausible that the NSA’s massive classified computer centers could be spying on us. But what I haven’t heard is the evidence refuting him, other than from Obama’s trustworthy mouth. I’m interested to get a summary of what that is (as long as it is not conjecture).
View Quote
It’s two completely separate issues.

What the cheerleaders want you to believe is that he was a hero, driven by conscience to do the right thing.

What he was,  was a disgruntled fuckup who wanted to do as much damage to his country as he could. What he did do, in fact, was sell damaging US intelligence to Russia and China, some amount of which showed that there were some bad things done by the government (if you were naive enough to think they would never do such things beforehand, it’s a “you” problem). Because this told some malcontents what they wanted to hear, it’s a good thing.  To thinking folks, it was treason, with a bitter dose of truth on top.  So the question remains: what percentage of “feel good” information makes treason ok? Apparently that threshold is very low for some folks. Conveniently obfuscating and creatively editing the whole treason part makes them feel better about themselves.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'd love to see an open and honest trial for this guy.  It will never happen, but it would be nice to actually see the real evidence.
View Quote
He'll get the best, most fair trial in the world. What he really wants to do is deflect his crimes by attempting to put the government on trial and that isn't going to happen. He is going to be on trial and he will answer for his crimes of theft, violation of security laws and that is just the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#19]
No. Chance he will get a fair anything. He exposed the man, and they will make him pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He betrayed the government
View Quote
Nope, it doesn't work that way. He betrayed America. He broke American laws and the day will come when that coward pays for it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
So what part of treason telling you what you don't want to hear makes it OK?

Keep watching TV. It makes it a lot easier for people like me to point out hypocrisy of the average dumb argument.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What the cheerleaders want you to believe is that he was a hero, driven by conscience to do the right thing.

What he was,  was a disgruntled fuckup who wanted to do as much damage to his country as he could. What he did do, in fact, was sell damaging US intelligence to Russia and China, some amount of which showed that there were some bad things done by the government (if you were naive enough to think they would never do such things beforehand, it’s a “you” problem). Because this told some malcontents what they wanted to hear, it’s a good thing.  To thinking folks, it was treason, with a bitter dose of truth on top.  So the question remains: what percentage of “feel good” information makes treason ok? Apparently that threshold is very low for some folks. Conveniently obfuscating and creatively editing the whole treason part makes them feel better about themselves.
View Quote
I see what you’re saying.

But how do we know that he specifically sold intelligence? For money? Or simply by the fact that he is getting safe harbor in one of those countries?

And how do we know it was damaging to our country? Is there evidence of that which isn’t from a gov press briefing if you know what I mean. I really have not dived into specifics of all what he did reveal other than the NSA spying program.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

But how do we know that he specifically sold intelligence? For money? Or simply by the fact that he is getting safe harbor in one of those countries?

And how do we know it was damaging to our country? Is there evidence of that which isn’t from a gov press briefing if you know what I mean. I really have not dived into specifics of all what he did reveal other than the NSA spying program.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The alternative is to believe that Russia and China acted out of altruistic charity. If you believe that, you’re probably shocked to hear that the government spies on people.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Keep watching TV. It makes it a lot easier for people like me to point out hypocrisy of the average dumb argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This statement makes no sense at all.

Treason is treason.  If you want to kiss his ass, feel free after he’s cut down from the gallows (where he belonags).
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You think England was ready to hand medals to the founding fathers during the revolutionary war?
View Quote
You think England won? Where have you been? We won and we gave the founding fathers medals, honors and respect. Those are things that traitor will never get. Even Benedict Arnold was despised here. The only part of him to receive honor was the leg he lost. He was even despised in England. They didn't like traitors either.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The only traitors are the ones enabling the NSA to spy on the citizenry.
View Quote
Painting with a broad brush is so stupid and will not win any brownie points.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you get as salty about the traitor on our $1 bills?
View Quote
Prove he was? He was a US citizen and won the right to be one. Do you even know what happened in 1776?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The alternative is to believe that Russia and China acted out of altruistic charity. If you believe that, you’re probably shocked to hear that the government spies on people.
View Quote
So your evidence is your belief that Russia/China would never do such a thing without an exchange of some damaging intelligence but we don’t know for sure if that’s true?

Hopefully you don’t misconstrue my question with an assumption about what I do or do not know. These are not meant to be leading questions.  I have no knowledge or expertise to know what motivates a country to harbor Snowden. One thought of mine is that an irritant to my unfriendly neighbor is my friend (but that may entirely not be the case in this situation, how can you know for sure).

The Bradly Manning incident resulted in some harm, correct? Is there anything similar with Snowden’s leaks?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"This lawsuit will ensure that Edward Snowden receives no monetary benefits from breaching the trust placed in him."

Yep
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The .gov chose treason long before snowden exposed it.
View Quote
I don't recall the government stealing classified info. and giving it to our adversaries. The POS traitor did. Do you even know the definition of treason? How many government employees fled to Russia with classified info? Just him.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lot of people bitching about high treason for an intel agent who exposed illegal shit and went overseas to not get Arkancide?

Yet, Clintons still free, Obamas milking Netflix, Holder/Comey still "respected", and Epstein hanging around.
View Quote
He was never an intel agent. He was a IT guy with access for fixing software. He never had a need to know beans.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty high horse there
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No. Chance he will get a fair anything. He exposed the man, and they will make him pay for it.
View Quote
Wild, ignorant charge. He chose treason. Whistleblowers don't run to Russia.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worked out pretty well for the Clintons.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He broke the law, betrayed his country, and now cowers in hiding in Russia. Anyone who thinks he did right is aiding a traitor. There ya go.
View Quote
Long live the deep state comrade
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Says the guy in a communist state.
View Quote
Did that make sense in your head?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I hope they bankrupt the smarmy traitor.
View Quote
I hope he releases enough files to get every senior CIA/NSA officer jailed or placed on a naughty list of every country on earth.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I hope they financially ruin him. He did wrong, broke the law, and is now trying to make crime pay.
View Quote
I hope he reveals enough to get bounties placed on the heads of top U.S. Intel officials current and former
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#39]
For there to be treason, there would need to be damage to the country. "The country", meaning American citizens and things that are in their interests. I'm not convinced he damaged "his country" in any way whatsoever. Those saying he did have zero credibility. ZERO.

If he damaged anything at all he damaged "his government", which considering the contempt it holds for its citizens I cannot be arsed to give a fuck about.

But...but...HE BROKE THE LAW.

Again, I don't care. You break the law if you have an AR-15 with a 12" barrel without paying the king's tax. Who is the victim of this "crime"? Who's the victim of Snowden's? Again, it's the government, and the misdeeds he revealed justify breaking his oath. What is an oath to someone/something that constantly lies and violates the trust of the people it supposedly serves really worth anyway?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#40]
No way in hell Snowden gets anywhere near classified data without someone pulling strings. He's a fake, patsy, or double agent.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
For there to be treason, there would need to be damage to the country. "The country", meaning American citizens and things that are in their interests. I'm not convinced he damaged "his country" in any way whatsoever. Those saying he did have zero credibility. ZERO.

If he damaged anything at all he damaged "his government", which considering the contempt it holds for its citizens I cannot be arsed to give a fuck about.

But...but...HE BROKE THE LAW.

Again, I don't care. You break the law if you have an AR-15 with a 12" barrel without paying the king's tax. Who is the victim of this "crime"? Who's the victim of Snowden's? Again, it's the government, and the misdeeds he revealed justify breaking his oath. What is an oath to someone/something that constantly lies and violates the trust of the people it supposedly serves really worth anyway?
View Quote
Your understanding of Civics is non existent.

"the government" is elected here.  It's not an oligarchy.  Snowden evidently prefers such a thing, as that's where he defected to -- but that's not what we have.  Doing harm to "the government" is by definition doing harm to this country and its interests, as this country put the government in place.

There is no Constitutional amendment that enshrines the right to leak national security secrets and run away to Russia, so your 12" barrel comment is absurd.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bullshit. He is a traitor.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"the government" is elected here.  It's not an oligarchy.  Snowden evidently prefers such a thing, as that's where he defected to -- but that's not what we have.  Doing harm to "the government" is by definition doing harm to this country and its interests, as this country put the government in place.

There is no Constitutional amendment that enshrines the right to leak national security secrets and run away to Russia, so your 12" barrel comment is absurd.
View Quote
Only a VERY small percentage of your government is elected. Seems that, as usual, you are the one who needs the civic lesson.

Should we post the percentage of the government that is elected? Your arguments are even dumber than the usual statist garbage I read regularly here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That's a criminal trial, he's been indicted for espionage already.  That's not what this is about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Discovery will be a stone cold bitch here.
There won't be any.

The case is open and shut contract law. He signed a document stating he knew he was obligated by law to submit publications for review prior to publication. He chose to break that law on purpose and in public. There's nothing to discover.
The trial the feds want isn't about a book.
That's a criminal trial, he's been indicted for espionage already.  That's not what this is about.
Regardless of guilt or innocence; when the gov't wants you for anything, the first thing they do is start breaking you financially. That's what this is about.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Regardless of guilt or innocence; when the gov't wants you for anything, the first thing they do is start breaking you financially. That's what this is about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Discovery will be a stone cold bitch here.
There won't be any.

The case is open and shut contract law. He signed a document stating he knew he was obligated by law to submit publications for review prior to publication. He chose to break that law on purpose and in public. There's nothing to discover.
The trial the feds want isn't about a book.
Treason McTreasonface could have avoided all of this by submitting the book for pre-publication review...like everyone else does.  Oh, and not stolen a bunch of top secret documents and running off to Russia.  That's key, too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#47]
How hard to look for any fucks to give?
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#48]
When the Clinton's call you out for national security and want you to face trial, that's ironic.  It's noted that site hate here is emotional and  vocal but a minority nonetheless.  Statesman don't look out for the people. The haters have chosen their side.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
When assholes collide
View Quote
That's exactly my view too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is a video from prager u that I think you should watch, in short, the majority of our government is not elected. They are appointed lifetime burocrats and the video rightly refers to them as little "kings" that actually run the day to day decisions of the NSA, FBI, EPA, and any other alphabet letter you want to pick from.

Edit to add: There is also no constitutional ammendment that gives a burocracy like the NSA the right to lie to their governing body, specifically congress.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top