Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup, its all codewords to servers that they don't tip right? A codeword meant not to bust your ass since it wont matter anyway
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My friends that worked as servers introduced me to the term "spoda."

As in they don't know they "spoda" tip.

Used in a sentence, "I just got seated with a big party of Spodas."

Yup, its all codewords to servers that they don't tip right? A codeword meant not to bust your ass since it wont matter anyway

Yep, and it developed from a repetitive behavior.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
"Excuse me, it says the chicken comes with mashed potatoes and carrots. I don't like carrots. Could I get something else instead?"
"Of course. What would you like?"
"I'd like a pork chop instead."
"Well, we can give you a pork chop, but it will cost extra."
"You know what, never mind, I'll just take the carrots."
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Big deal. You should of heard the way the management and wait staff talked to my wife and family at a “Blacks Only” chain Resturant outside of New Orleans. The Black manager asked us to leave.
View Quote

He probably did you a favor.
You probably weren't going to like the ingredients in your food.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I call them Mondays because everybody hates Monday
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
That's just awful. Terrible. My heart goes out to those customers. This is the worst thing I've heard in years.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've heard 'Canadians' used to reference black people before, but not in the restaurant industry.
View Quote

I’ve only ever heard of Canadians being used as a reference for black folks in the restaurant industry.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Reality.

If you get jumped while in the city what are the most likely race of the perpetrators?

If I said, "her name is Sharmisha!" What color is she?

And if you were working at a restaurant and had a party of ten and they were black, what are your odds of getting a tip even if you gave ultimate service?

I have noticed a new stereotype amongst blacks where they think they're owed, or entitled to everything. Like they can treat you like shit but you better kiss they ass.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.
View Quote

I'd love to see the stats of the perp's race for all of the car jackings/thefts in Minneapolis over the last year.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’ve only ever heard of Canadians being used as a reference for black folks in the restaurant industry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've heard 'Canadians' used to reference black people before, but not in the restaurant industry.

I think it started in places like upstate New York that gets a lot of seasonal Canadian tourists. Because actual Canadians don't tip either, so the story goes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, it's "Cracker" barrel......

That and it's beyond widely known that black people don't tip.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Reality.

If you get jumped while in the city what are the most likely race of the perpetrators?

And if you were working at a restaurant and had a party of ten and they were black, what are your odds of getting a tip even if you gave ultimate service?

I have noticed a new stereotype amongst blacks where they think they're owed, or entitled to everything. Like they can treat you like shit but you better kiss they ass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do stereotypes start?

Reality.

The more entitled a person feels and acts, the more likely they are to act as if they are uniquely discriminated against despite acting the way everyone else does. They create their own reality.

It's one of those fascinating aspects of human nature.

I've seen it with stereotypical white trash in a nice restaurant, I've seen it with militant feminists types ("that's not "bossy," she's just displaying leadership skills people expect and embrace from men." No, a man who acted like that would have been pit in his place years ago, possibly physically), and anyone who has served the groups this thread is about knows exactly the groups this thread is about. It's the restaurant version of the fucktards who walk slooooowly across the street in front of your car.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting. I didn’t know they tipped so poorly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
If she's that upset, someone should introduce her to the Larry Elder video about tipping.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its NOT just tipping. That would be bearable.

Its basically everything; complain about the food, ask for stuff not on menu, try to return food, try to get free stuff, makes a mess, complain and then leave a dollar. The black waiters would put them in check ALL then time. It was hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck Cracker Barrel for firing Brad's wife
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big deal. You should of heard the way the management and wait staff talked to my wife and family at a “Blacks Only” chain Resturant outside of New Orleans. The Black manager asked us to leave.

I agree.  I am just saying it goes both ways. For Black folks to say they cant be racist is just dishonest.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Non tippers were always called Europeans 8n my restaurant days.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's actually pretty universal IME>
View Quote
Real Canadians generally don't tip, hence the nickname for black Americans, is how it was explained to me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's the restaurant version of the fucktards who walk slooooowly across the street in front of your car.

View Quote

Signifying.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I've never worked in the food service industry but I've known plenty of people that have. They all same the same thing, that Blacks and Canadians are the worst patrons and the worst tippers. If they tip at all.

Now I did work in retail and I can definitely say that the two groups mentioned above were the worst customers. The retards who believe that Canadians are polite have not been out in the world much. They are as rude AF and will trash a store leaving it looking like a F5 tornado came through.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Its basically everything; complain about the food, ask for stuff not on menu, try to return food, try to get free stuff, makes a mess, complain and then leave a dollar. The black waiters would put them in check ALL then time. It was hilarious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Little to no tip, no matter how good the service was.

Total pains in the ass while in the restaurant: complain about everything (not cooked right, substitute shit, fixed a special way), want stuff taken off the bill (even though they ate 87% of it), make all sorts of ridiculous demands and requests (cup of boiling water to soak silverwear in).

Then you have the straight up dine and dashes.

Then there is the general loud and unruly behavior that annoys other diners.

I worked in bars and restaurants in high school and college.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We used to call them "Mondays" when I worked in resturants
View Quote

Quoted:
In the Texas Department of Corrections they are called rugs.
View Quote
A little help for those of us who never waited tables or worked in corrections?

Every industry has their code words. We have plenty in medicine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Democrats or non swimmers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#23]
If the shoe fits.........
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Time to throw in Snow Mexicans for added twist
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Want to change people’s perception of you, change your culture.
View Quote

Too late, too many Americans have included this trash culture in their lives.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep.

Total pains in the ass while in the restaurant: complain about everything (not cooked right, substitute shit, fixed a special way), want stuff taken off the bill (even though they ate 87% of it), make all sorts of ridiculous demands and requests (cup of boiling water to soak silverwear in).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'd love to see the stats of the perp's race for all of the car jackings/thefts in Minneapolis over the last year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reality.

The FBI isn't going to keep records on that anymore.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#29]
All they would have to do is tip like everyone else and there wouldn’t be any code words.  I am sure the wait staff would have the same feelings if someone sat a bunch of Germans in their section as well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We used to call them "Mondays" when I worked in resturants
View Quote

That’s what I’ve heard too
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Nothing new.

hell, when I first started with the railroad, a few whites told me they couldn't believe they hired me over Canadians, since they had only hired Canadians for years with no new white hires in that particular division.  I could see it was true, since 80-90 percent of the workers were black.  Most were good to work with, but a few tried to throw me under the bus for no reason.  Didn't work since I was a good worker / employee.  I left due to the stupid games between management and the workers, wanting me to break the rules to get stuff done quickly, but would write you up if they saw you breaking the rules.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My friends that worked as servers introduced me to the term "spoda."

As in they don't know they "spoda" tip.

Used in a sentence, "I just got seated with a big party of Spodas."

This…..workers is the hospitality industry are looking the most return for minimal return.  Groups that are historically low/non-tippers are to be avoided.  This isn’t racism, sexism, etc…this is business at its simplest.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally
@cinnamnhoney shared her experience as a hostess at the popular restaurant chain in a video that has been viewed over 237,000 times.
View Quote

View Quote
Why do they always mention the views on publicly posted videos? Does that somehow give validity to the post?

Anyway as to the OP, last time i was in a cracker barrel, my group was the only crackers in that barrel,  should have been called "porch monkeys"
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, but considering how many actual Canadians are here it could be a coincidence
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#37]
That’s old news
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#38]
This has been a thing for decades, not just at Cracker Barrel...
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is you sure he dent axe you to leave?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#40]
At Red Lobster, back before 9/11, the term was "486's", as 486 was the old (like, early 90's) POS number for extra tartar sauce.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Why do they always mention the views on publicly posted videos? Does that somehow give validity to the post?

Anyway as to the OP, last time i was in a cracker barrel, my group was the only crackers in that barrel,  should have been called "porch monkeys"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally
@cinnamnhoney shared her experience as a hostess at the popular restaurant chain in a video that has been viewed over 237,000 times.

There is a whole new breed of "journalism" that consists of "reporting" on Reddit or Twitter threads or TikTok. They kind of copy each other and see what gets clicks. I guess it makes sense that people validating their own work by clicks would validate the worth of worth of their "source" by clicks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

What’s the name of this place?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Born and raised in the south. I could list a couple thousand codewords that would describe the same thing, but I won't. Best ones I get from black people to describe other blacks they don't like at all.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Its basically everything; complain about the food, ask for stuff not on menu, try to return food, try to get free stuff, makes a mess, complain and then leave a dollar.
The black waiters would put them in check ALL then time. It was hilarious.
View Quote
I've known people who have worked in the hospitality industry all over the country - NE, SW, East Coast, West Coast, the South, Mid-West.
They all complain about the same people, doing the same shit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'd say that this could be the tipping point, but Canadians don't tip.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not at all uncommon.  I worked at a restaurant back in the day and we had words for foreigners, Karens, the Saudi immigrant students, etc.

They weren't derogatory but these situations manifested after COUNTLESS similar encounters.  They didn't just randomly create themselves.  They were earned.  

I mean, it's part of being a waiter.  The movie "Waiting" wasn't far off but we never spit in food (or any of what they did).  But the games, code words, having fun with inside jokes...all part of it.
View Quote

One of my college jobs was delivering Chinese food. There are definitely patterns, but since it's not done in front of friends we can filter out people who tip just to look good in front of their peers.

The only time I got threatened with being robbed... it was at an apartment complex. I dared them... they folded. Lol. It was a gang of "urban youths", Jr high school age range.

The only demographic with a 0% tip rate is nurses when delivering to hospitals. Carry 30lbs of food 1/4 mile... fuck your tip, bitches be counting out exact change.

Best tips, old white guys who look like they spent time in prison. Tattoos/beards/ratty cloths. 100% tip rate, and good tips at that.

Older black men in houses tip almost as well, only one time I didn't get a tip, but their tips are in the normal dollar range.

Worst tips, rich (or young and beautiful) white women (almost as bad as nurses, as in I've gotten a handful of tips vs zero).

I got more/better tips from poor black women in ghetto apartments than rich/young/beautiful white women. Most selfish/entitled demographic, ever, is a young and beautiful white woman in a nice house/gated community/high class condominium. I blame society for worshipping the ground they walk on.

Rich white men are also shitty tippers, as in almost never, yet the same demographic will fight each other in a restaurant over who gets to give tip (so they look good in front of each other).

Ghetto apartments tip maybe 20% of the time, but their tips mean a lot more to me since they are poor. Better apartments tip maybe 30% of the time.

Low to middle class houses tip about 50% of the time, pretty consistent.

Upper class houses, almost never. The bigger the house the less chance of a tip. If they look like they make over $250,000/year? No tip, ever.

Those are just my anecdotal observations from about 1 year of working as a delivery driver in a suburb of a major city.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#48]
I did not know that secret term, guess I’m sheltered.  

In my area an older, a more well known word is used.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#49]
News flash:  EVERY restaurant has that.

Black folks rarely tip, everyone knows it, ithecsubject has been beaten to death.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Maybe they shouldn't behave in such a matter to deserve it.  We prefer mulligans
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top