Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It doesn’t help if it’s like one older fat guy with 100 guns.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Almost 3,000,000 NICs background checks run in December of 2022.  That's a single month.  500 million total guns is probably way under what there actually is.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
2020-2021 seemed to have a lot of gun store guys exclaiming on the sheer number of new shooters / self admitted first-time gun buyers they were seeing.  It would appear that millions, possibly tens of millions, of people bought their first guns recently.
View Quote

It's just one person's anecdote...but it's rare that my wife and I go to the LGS and NOT see a family or couples in there buying firearms, especially in the last several years.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah and it makes me giddy every time.

And that's just the ones they know about. 3D printer go brrrrrrr....
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It's easy to do the math at come up with 600 million guns in private hands
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Whatever the number is, the genie is out of the bottle and the leftists know it.  Let them REEEEEEE!

Imagine: All the gays who kept doing gay stuff even when it was illegal.  All the abortions even when it was illegal.  All the weed smoked even when it was illegal.  Etc.

And now guns.  There is no way the govt., as incompetent as it is, can realistically confiscate a million jillion bazillion guns.  And that's a good thing.

The left will continue to use the issue to get votes, but all their talk about banning guns is just smoke to please their political base.

Keep buying guns!
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Several years ago someone tried to estimate it using manufacturing, import, and registration numbers. They came up with 750 million to 1 billion firearms.
In the US, the typical compliance rate with gun control laws which require some sort of registration is estimated at 10% to 15%. California and NY quietly revised downward their estimates of guns to be registered when the registration rates were embarrassingly low.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bill clinton ( shitweasel ), crowed about 300 million guns in citizens hands all the way back in 1994, I’m sure before that, and even then IMHO it was simply a wild ass guess, ( probably low ) as they simply have no clue how many were manufactured , imported, brought home by soldiers, huge variety of nazi weapons imported by the ship load for public sale, massive numbers of other surplus weapons imported, smuggled in by various actors, etc from the dawn of the USA, say, 1492 - 1968 before they really started paying attention. Then from 1968- today they still don’t, as their records suck.  Atf with their highly regulated machine gun registry can’t even tell you how many legal machine guns exist, much less how many regular guns are manufactured each year / were made / imported etc since 1968.

Anyway.. they have been crowing 300 million since at least 1994, and are still saying 300 million today usually, over so, 30 years. Imho it’s realistically probably 500 million easily, possibly 700 million, no one fucking knows.

And daily hundreds / thousands of new guns are sold, hundreds of thousands a year, just endlessly pouring into the gaping bottomless hole that’s American gun lovers create, plus billions of rds of ammo, accessories, magazines, and best of all, most of those guns manufactured a hundred years ago are still operating, working, and sitting in closets, gun racks even today.  USA possesses something like 1/2-3/4 of the guns on planet earth, despite only being 350 million out of 6 billion.

It’s mind boggling. It’s also….

https://i.imgur.com/6kHdrD1.gif

Several years ago someone tried to estimate it using manufacturing, import, and registration numbers. They came up with 750 million to 1 billion firearms.
In the US, the typical compliance rate with gun control laws which require some sort of registration is estimated at 10% to 15%. California and NY quietly revised downward their estimates of guns to be registered when the registration rates were embarrassingly low.

Joe dirt “ DANG “ gif.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#9]
After obama, it has to have at least doubled.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why the fuck would you own an ar15?

Take on the government?

You would need f15s there bucko
View Quote

My favorite response to this is "We are neighbors you fucking idiot!"
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#11]
A lot of good it's done, taking into account the crime rate and general state of the country. People are bludgeoned in broad daylight, on video, and sashay away without fear of consequences.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have thought about it more than a few times.  My conclusion is usually the same; if guns really were the problem the left make them out to be, things would be significantly worse.  There's not a "gun problem".
View Quote
If guns were the problem that leftists thought them to be, there wouldn't be any leftists.

The number has to be over a billion now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#13]
We’ve been hearing 300 million for decades. And that was long, long before guns went mainstream.

People don’t really sell guns. Not in any numbers.

Guns also don’t really get destroyed. Not in any numbers.

I would not be surprised if there were well over a billion privately owned firearms in CONUS today.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A lot of good it's done, taking into account the crime rate and general state of the country. People are bludgeoned in broad daylight, on video, and sashay away without fear of consequences.
View Quote

Crime rates are about as low as they’ve been in recorded history.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All I know is, if anyone asks me, my response is, "Guns?  I don't own any guns.  Guns are icky."  

Just like Republicans tend to underpoll, gun owners probably underpoll by a much larger factor.
View Quote

I had a customer call me a couple years ago. His mom was engaged to a guy and he died suddenly.
He had a vault room hidden in his house they shared with HUNDREDS of guns and 4 full pickup loads of ammunition.
She had no idea he owned them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I had a customer call me a couple years ago. His mom was engaged to a guy and he died suddenly.
He had a vault room hidden in his house they shared with HUNDREDS of guns and 4 full pickup loads of ammunition.
She had no idea he owned them.
View Quote
Dude had some serious game. I'm debating getting red and blue his and hers safes so she quits procuring my shit after she determines she likes it.  I've lost two CZs and an AR this way.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I believe  the actual number is close to 1 billion
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Whatever the actual number is or is estimated to be...

The answer is, there will never be enough firearms in the hands of the people.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Now think about the number of people who have the will to use them to do the needful...
View Quote

This. Hidden secret guns referred to as "toys" isn't a force to be reckoned with.

But I've thought about the number of guns and it just makes me wonder how we got to this point, especially concerning the bidens, pelosi's and their ilk.

They aren't shivering in their shoes over their life of crime on the backs of citizens.

I don't think the number of brains is close to the number of guns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bingo.  The question is how many people own at least one gun and know how to use it?

You can only shoot one at a time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Crime rates are about as low as they've been in recorded history.
View Quote

Oh BS. People can go into stores, take what they want, and walk out with no fear of consequences.

Ask the people that live on the border if crime has gone down.

This is caused by decriminalization of crime so people will think chocolate rations have gone up.

I'm old and the things that happen now were inconceivable then. Stores are locking up goods, closing and moving, and the crimes that "they" are allowed to report go unsolved.

Compare Seattle of the '80's to Seattle now, does it look like crime is down? Now do every city.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Buck started a non-doomer thread and I come along to shit in it.

Sorry man. I'm super doomer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Take on the government?

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

...the flip side to that coin?  A few hundred unarmed "revolutionaries" like this were the most severe threat to our democracy since the Civil War....
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

More.

2-5x more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I have, whenever the idea of bans and turn-ins comes up. So pretty frequently.

The number is massive. Half a billion on the conservative (low) side? More?

More.

2-5x more.

Proper America. As it should be.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Bro you've been in my vehicle but sometimes I swear you are DHS.

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I tell my wife I have three guns: pistol, shotgun and rifle.

She responds with “I could be open any drawer in the house and find three guns….
View Quote

You: Well, then, that's where they are!
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

True.  However--you made some very good points.  I like the "decriminalization of crime" phrase.  That's...surprisingly accurate.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

sure it does

they'll find their way into the right hands

that's all that matters

F-16's lol
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

sure it does

they'll find their way into the right hands

that's all that matters

F-16's lol
View Quote

I agree with this.  A percentage of the guns owned by those single, large collectors will find their way into tragic ice fishing accidents.  Not all, but some.  The numbers are so overwhelming even the lefties who can't do math will eventually understand - mass confiscation ain't happening and there's nothing they can do about it.  And every day thousands more are sold.  Keep going!
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/7785/FB_IMG_1610123980402_jpg-2692586.JPG

...the flip side to that coin?  A few hundred unarmed "revolutionaries" like this were the most severe threat to our democracy since the Civil War....
View Quote

Thoughts are more of a threat than guns. It's the thought that needs to be controlled. That ensures the guns will never be used.

So yeah, actually that lady is more of a threat than billions of guns hidden in safes and not talked about. That's why the extreme reaction to thought.

Now we have "thought crimes", they will probably be enforced, unlike actual crimes.

Anyone remember the guy (more than one I believe) that was arrested after a violent crime, with a record of 80 something arrests in a year or so?

Or the guy on probation after a home invasion that assassinated 4 people in broad daylight?

Anyone still want to stick to "crime rates have nevah been lower"? Because that's how you get chocolate rations that go up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#33]
the number of heritage Americans who have the backbone, the will, and fortitude to do what will be necessary one day is small but enough

the more prolific arms and ammunition are in the wild means a better chance they'll have what they need

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Take on the government?

View Quote

like this?

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Alright, that’s worth a chuckle - thank you!
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thoughts are more of a threat than guns. It's the thought that needs to be controlled. That ensures the guns will never be used.

So yeah, actually that lady is more of a threat than billions of guns hidden in safes and not talked about. That's why the extreme reaction to thought.

Now we have "thought crimes", they will probably be enforced, unlike actual crimes.

Anyone remember the guy (more than one I believe) that was arrested after a violent crime, with a record of 80 something arrests in a year or so?

Or the guy on probation after a home invasion that assassinated 4 people in broad daylight?

Anyone still want to stick to "crime rates have nevah been lower"? Because that's how you get chocolate rations that go up.
View Quote

Although it's the wet dream of every tyrant, thought can never be controlled.  See: Solzhenitsyn
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have trouble just fathoming how many are in the safe.
View Quote

My home leans because of the weight of guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Not enough diversity.  Concentrated in too few hands.  Still plenty.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Add 40%
Triple the number to 3 billion.

Then you're pretty close.

Also, AFMERs are a thing.

Add up from 1986 forward and tell me what you get.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take on the government?

like this?

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ua6zvruewu/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/301/1021/IMG_2563__12901.1624659814.jpg?c=1

I prefer these...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

You rang  

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Bill clinton ( shitweasel ), crowed about 300 million guns in citizens hands all the way back in 1994, I’m sure before that, and even then IMHO it was simply a wild ass guess, ( probably low ) as they simply have no clue how many were manufactured , imported, brought home by soldiers, huge variety of nazi weapons imported by the ship load for public sale, massive numbers of other surplus weapons imported, smuggled in by various actors, etc from the dawn of the USA, say, 1492 - 1968 before they really started paying attention. Then from 1968- today they still don’t, as their records suck.  Atf with their highly regulated machine gun registry can’t even tell you how many legal machine guns exist, much less how many regular guns are manufactured each year / were made / imported etc since 1968.

Anyway.. they have been crowing 300 million since at least 1994, and are still saying 300 million today usually, over so, 30 years. Imho it’s realistically probably 500 million easily, possibly 700 million, no one fucking knows.

And daily hundreds / thousands of new guns are sold, hundreds of thousands a year, just endlessly pouring into the gaping bottomless hole that’s American gun lovers create, plus billions of rds of ammo, accessories, magazines, and best of all, most of those guns manufactured a hundred years ago are still operating, working, and sitting in closets, gun racks even today.  USA possesses something like 1/2-3/4 of the guns on planet earth, despite only being 350 million out of 6 billion.

It’s mind boggling. It’s also….

https://i.imgur.com/6kHdrD1.gif
View Quote

It makes me smile
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to distribute the weight better.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Not enough ammo for all of them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I put my gun room on the other side of the house from the attached garage. It seems to be working fairly well.

My house hasn't gone full Guam and tipped over... Yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I put my gun room on the other side of the house from the attached garage. It seems to be working fairly well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take on the government?

like this?

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-ua6zvruewu/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/301/1021/IMG_2563__12901.1624659814.jpg?c=1

I prefer these...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/7785/download__3__jpeg-2692635.JPG

wisdom.

you have it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just fill up other places with more ammo.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I have guns from close to 200 years old. They will still fire a projectile as intended. I know the commies and leftists hate that there are 400million guns in the states, but they will never get everything. A lot of guns made today will still operate and function as intended. We are still shooting ammo from the WW2 era. As long as it is stored well, it can las quite a while. Their no guns utopia is a stupid pipe dream and they need to come to grips with that fact, accept it, and then fuck off to Epstein island to never be heard from again.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I tell my wife I have three guns: pistol, shotgun and rifle.

She responds with “I could be open any drawer in the house and find three guns….
View Quote

Patrick McManus is a great writer on the outdoors and his childhood shenanigans. He had a wonderful article on gunrunning- to clarify, running guns past a wife.

You have to get past that magical hurdle of 4, then the numerical figure no longer mattered as any woman would roll her eyes and cry out about the stupidity of having all those guns.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top