Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been called a Russian agent and Putin puffer for the last year and not a single Uke bro has ever came out and said that was going too far. So I say piss on all Uke bros at this point and will call it like I see it. They loved giving fire but aren't keen on receiving it, bunch of progressive hypocrites.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conversely, those who don't support US intervention in Ukraine are called Putin supporters so we don't have much sympathy back at you.  Perhaps UKbros could concede that there are reasonable counter arguments to involvement

I've been called a Russian agent and Putin puffer for the last year and not a single Uke bro has ever came out and said that was going too far. So I say piss on all Uke bros at this point and will call it like I see it. They loved giving fire but aren't keen on receiving it, bunch of progressive hypocrites.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did you skip some meds today? You're way too emotionally involved in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe you could save some of that energy for the posters accusing others of being Russians? But nah, being objective isn't the point with the Uke crowd. Go team go!
Did you skip some meds today? You're way too emotionally involved in this thread.

Yeah, he's the emotional one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is Putin a commie?  Not any more than other of the post cold war oligarchs are.  If they are unable to take over a former client state with a supply line that is essentially zero, I would respectfully suggest that other incursions to the Baltics, or Poland, are not practical concerns. Ukraineian farmers towed off Russian APC's with their tractors when they broke down. The Russian military is a pathetic shadow of the myth of their ability during the height of the cold war. If you read "MIG Pilot," by Viktor Belenko, you see that even at the hight of Soviet strength, with the most sophisticated jets they had, pilots had to check their hydraulic fluid levels themselves for fear tehat the ground crew had siphoned the fluid off to drink.  That was the height of the SOviet Union.
View Quote
It was a reference to Lug1's 20 page thread about Putin being a total piece of evil shit. 20 pages is about the right amount of pages shitting on Putin to describe him.

Edit: for the rest of your post fair point. It's really about what Putin thinks tho, not exactly reality cause it seems he lives in his own reality (same as most authoritarian dictators). If he thinks he could take Ukraine, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to for him to think he could take the Baltics after firing up that propaganda machine (which they are good at) spreading a message to get the west to back down.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
We have too many problems here to be giving aid to Ukraine. Our border for starters.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And yet, they tried anyways.  Even tho they can't complete the conquest.   Which doesn't make the couple of hundred thousand likely dead Ukrainians any less dead.  Or give the displaced people their homes back.   Or fix their wrecked economy.

Sweden, Finland, Poland, and the Baltic countries seem to think there's some cause for practical concern with regard to Russian military capability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Putin a commie?  Not any more than other of the post cold war oligarchs are.  If they are unable to take over a former client state with a supply line that is essentially zero, I would respectfully suggest that other incursions to the Baltics, or Poland, are not practical concerns. Ukraineian farmers towed off Russian APC's with their tractors when they broke down. The Russian military is a pathetic shadow of the myth of their ability during the height of the cold war. If you read "MIG Pilot," by Viktor Belenko, you see that even at the hight of Soviet strength, with the most sophisticated jets they had, pilots had to check their hydraulic fluid levels themselves for fear tehat the ground crew had siphoned the fluid off to drink.  That was the height of the SOviet Union.

And yet, they tried anyways.  Even tho they can't complete the conquest.   Which doesn't make the couple of hundred thousand likely dead Ukrainians any less dead.  Or give the displaced people their homes back.   Or fix their wrecked economy.

Sweden, Finland, Poland, and the Baltic countries seem to think there's some cause for practical concern with regard to Russian military capability.

Well of course they are. They're buffer states and have been the sacrificial lambs to a Soviet Russian attack for decades.

If I was in their position, I suppose I would also have those concerns.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now we gotta see where this goes from start to finish but at least there’s some info to follow up on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We have too many problems here to be giving aid to Ukraine. Our border for starters.
View Quote

If we did absolutely nothing to assist Ukraine, our southern border would still be completely open with hundreds of thousands or millions of illegals pouring across into the U.S.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Now we gotta see where this goes from start to finish but at least there’s some info to follow up on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to see the Europeans stepping up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#10]

For sure.  There's no doubt in my mind that the people yelling about it the loudest would still be opposed even if it wound up costing the American taxpayer zero dollars.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
GD has moved so far left that saying America first here is now a controversial subject. This is sad.
View Quote

Saying that to a Swede is probably not your best post.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hmm. Costly trips I’m guessing. Especially from a country I’m told is so broke they have to be given everything.
View Quote

I can fly to Japan and the Middle East easily.

It’s a lot harder to buy artillery. A lot more than a plane ticket.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nonsense.  Actions have risk to benefit ratio.  Ukraine is all risk but no benefit for the US.
View Quote

There is plenty of benefits.

You just don’t care.

Are you reenlisting in the Taiwanese foreign legion?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Vladimir Putin warns the West that he isn't bluffing
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There is plenty of benefits.

You just don’t care.

Are you reenlisting in the Taiwanese foreign legion?
View Quote

You never seem to actually articulate those benefits.

Are you planning on deploying to combat at all during your military career? Or just cheerlead?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How? You’ve never fired a shot on the border.  Y’all dump the contents of your arms room in the Rio Grand or something?
View Quote

Might want to learn about what’s going on before speaking and removing all doubt.

The state of Texas pays hazard pay for soldiers sent down to the border. Why? 600$ a month.

Soldier shoots IA attacking him
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You never seem to actually articulate those benefits.

Are you planning on deploying to combat at all during your military career? Or just cheerlead?
View Quote

Ukraine doesn’t doesn’t have a lot of direct interest, but maintaining the rules based order, degrading Russias conventional threats and ensuring that NATO remains relevant and credible are all in the US and Wests best interests.

Believing that the United States could not become involved in a European war where a Democracy is being invaded by Russia is lunacy. Russia just thought they could do it fast enough the West would have to accept it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ukraine doesn’t, but maintaining the rules based order, degrading Russias conventional threats and ensuring that NATO remains relevant and credible are all in the US and Wests best interests.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ukraine doesn’t, but maintaining the rules based order, degrading Russias conventional threats and ensuring that NATO remains relevant and credible are all in the US and Wests best interests.

We will have to equally apply this rules based order piece in order for that to be credible in the least, and we know this doesn't happen.

Supposedly Russia's conventional threat no longer exists, or so ive been told multiple times. Where does the ROI transition away from the juice being worth the squeeze? If they have been reduced 60% for example after 15 months and 60+ billion, but it takes another year and twice as much to move another 5-10%, when exactly do we stop?  What is the attainable goal since at this point pushing Russia completely out is becoming less and less likely?

NATO hasn't been relevant since 1991. The United States is however.

Quoted:

Believing that the United States could not become involved in a European war where a Democracy is being invaded by Russia is lunacy. Russia just thought they could do it fast enough the West would have to accept it.

I agree with being involved. There has to be a tear line to that involvement, especially as it starts encroaching on national defense initiatives with tangible risks to us being underwritten.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
GD has moved so far left that saying America first here is now a controversial subject. This is sad.
View Quote

It’s only “controversial” because the people who like to yell it the loudest are disingenuous and use it to mean “America Only” and wield the phrase as an attack on anyone who dares give any thought to other countries, and imply they do not care about the US.

Lets try being honest.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It’s only “controversial” because the people who like to yell it the loudest are disingenuous and use it to mean “America Only” and wield the phrase as an attack on anyone who dares give any thought to other countries, and imply they do not care about the US.

Lets try being honest.
View Quote

We are in no position to waste treasure over a bullshit country like Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Yeah, I'm sure he's just playing

Bakhmut May 2023 time lapse - Russian progress over the year so far

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did I miss where you explained why you prefer Zimbabwe over Ukraine?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets try being honest.

That’s a matter for debate, but also not what my post is about. It’s about your and others insinuations. You’ve been around a long time and until recently I’ve generally seen you as being rather level headed, so I’m not really sure why you’ve fallen into this game of childish dishonesty.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#25]

This thread gets dumber and dumber with every passing second.   I was about to just shrug and let it pass... but then you took the time to edit more dumb into it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pick any country you want and I’d rather support than Ukraine, Russia, China, Mexico or Canada. The last five? Pick your order, I don’t care.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those m113s and f16s in the bone yard are treasures.

Well, okay.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That’s a matter for debate, but also not what my post is about. It’s about your and others insinuations. You’ve been around a long time and until recently I’ve generally seen you as being rather level headed, so I’m not really sure why you’ve fallen into this game of childish dishonesty.
View Quote

ChIlDIsh DisHoONEsTy

Lol.

Sorry you’ve ran across a different opinion. Hope you get thru this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Pick any country you want and I’d rather support than Ukraine, Russia, China, Mexico or Canada. The last five? Pick your order, I don’t care.
View Quote

You would rather support overt enemies of the United States over Ukraine?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well, okay.
View Quote

Wait, I thought Europe was giving them F16s? And I’ve asked you this before but what is the cost of taking a boneyard jet and upgrading it to becoming operational?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well, okay.
View Quote

Again with your deliberate dishonestly over the scope of material support provided.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d love to hear why you would support North Korea over a nato country.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You would rather support overt enemies of the United States over Ukraine?
View Quote

I support my own country. Corrupt ex Soviet vassals are of no concern to me. They can roll to Moscow or get rolled tomorrow. Don’t care. In case you haven’t noticed, this country is falling apart. Let’s start there before continuing to be world savior to some corrupt shithole.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good question. That was a head scratcher of a statement to make.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’d love to hear why you would support North Korea over a nato country.
View Quote

North Korea is no threat to anyone other than North Koreans. They can have their dystopia in peace. They have millions of people there and if they wanted they could fix their own problems. I know it sucks to think some people want to solve our own problems but that’s my stance. We don’t need another twenty year war.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good question. That was a head scratcher of a statement to make.
View Quote

Can either of you type the words “America first”? Just one post with those words.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

ChIlDIsh DisHoONEsTy

Lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ChIlDIsh DisHoONEsTy

Lol.

I thought you were on board with calling things like you see it? Now you are going to whinge when someone calls out your disingenuous bullshit?

Grow up.

America first, but not America only.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I thought you were on board with calling things like you see it? Now you are going to whinge when someone calls out your disingenuous bullshit?

Grow up.
View Quote

Give an example of something I’ve said that is disingenuous and not simply an opinion different than your own?

Man you Uke grifters are borderline religious over this grift.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Give an example of something I’ve said that is disingenuous and not simply an opinion different than your own?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grow up.

I already did. You even responded to the post and just went on a tangent.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Grow up.

View Quote

America first but……

I support the 2A but….

Same energy, Low T post
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I already did.
View Quote

What are you crying about? As I told the Air Force dude, your side won. You get unlimited support to zukraine. Don’t know why it pisses you off when I disagree with that. You’ve won, take your W and find another grift to support. Surely there is another irrelevant country we can throw money at, no?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

America first but……

I support the 2A but….

Same energy, Low T post
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grow up.

America first but……

I support the 2A but….

Same energy, Low T post

So you acknowledge when you say america first you mean america only?

Since that’s the only reason you’d have an issue with what I said.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So you acknowledge when you say america first you mean america only?

Since that’s the only reason you’d have an issue with what I said.
View Quote

So you can’t say just America first. There has to be a qualifier? Got it. Say no more.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Sure thing, chicken little.  He's been threatening to nuke everyone since the beginning of the war and countries have broken every red line Putin put up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Can either of you type the words "America first"? Just one post with those words.
View Quote
I'm not going to take seriously the criticism of someone who just said they would support Russia or China over Ukraine. Holy

Supporting Ukraine's fight against Russia is the best way to avoid a direct confrontation with Russia down the road, in my opinion. Is that too complicated of a way for you to understand "America first?"?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So you can’t say just America first. There has to be a qualifier? Got it. Say no more.
View Quote

Of course there has to be a qualifier when the person I’m discussing the phase with is dishonest and imparts additional and distorted meaning to the words beyond what it actually means. However in the truest and most noble way:

America First
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

North Korea is no threat to anyone other than North Koreans. They can have their dystopia in peace. They have millions of people there and if they wanted they could fix their own problems. I know it sucks to think some people want to solve our own problems but that's my stance. We don't need another twenty year war.
View Quote
didn't you just do some pearl clutching about Russia launching nukes? NK threatens the same and has the means of doing it. But they're no threat to anyone...
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm not going to take seriously the criticism of someone who just said they would support Russia or China over Ukraine. Holy

Supporting Ukraine's fight against Russia is the best way to avoid a direct confrontation with Russia down the road, in my opinion. Is that too complicated of a way for you to understand "America first?"?
View Quote

There is a difference between supporting and not giving a shit. I’d like it if Russia, China and Ukraine disappeared off the planet tomorrow. World would be a much better place for it. And it’s arguable at best that we are decreasing chances of fighting them and not increasing them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Again with your deliberate dishonestly over the scope of material support provided.

View Quote

Such as?

Himars?

M777?

gmlrs?

155mm?

Hmmwvs?

M109s?

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I support my own country. Corrupt ex Soviet vassals are of no concern to me. They can roll to Moscow or get rolled tomorrow. Don’t care. In case you haven’t noticed, this country is falling apart. Let’s start there before continuing to be world savior to some corrupt shithole.
View Quote

We can’t handle both?
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top