BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
didn't you just get some pearl clutching about Russia launching nukes? NK threatens the same and has the means of doing it. But they're no threat to anyone...
View Quote

Hey, your side (the big government progressives) has won. Enjoy the fruits of supporting Ukraine for an unlimited time and for unlimited money. The rest of us certainly will be feeling the effects.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We can’t handle both?
View Quote

We can’t even define what a woman is. Maybe we should fix our own shit. But hey, eggs are only $8. We gotta pump that shit up. It probably doesn’t even matter at this point.

You have won. Unlimited support to Ukraine is our official position. No need to be sensitive about it. You are getting every single thing you want from Biden.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hey, your side (the big government progressives) has won. Enjoy the fruits of supporting Ukraine for an unlimited time and for unlimited money. The rest of us certainly will be feeling the effects.
View Quote
What specific effects are you worried about?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What specific effects are you worried about?
View Quote

It doesn’t even matter. Trying to rationing any opinion against unlimited support to Ukraine is no different than trying to point out flaws of Islam to ISIS. It’s pointless. A religion to many here. Your side won. Hope it goes well for you. If not, I won’t be expecting anyone here to admit it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We can’t even define what a woman is. Maybe we should fix our own shit. But hey, eggs are only $8. We gotta pump that shit up. It probably doesn’t even matter at this point.

You have won. Unlimited support to Ukraine is our official position. No need to be sensitive about it. You are getting every single thing you want from Biden.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can’t handle both?

Remember when you asked me about disingenuous statements?

I just bought eggs this morning for under $2 a dozen.

“Eggs are only $8”
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good for you. I’m glad to hear inflation is solved. Again, your religious zealot, your side won. Go outside and shoot off a firework. Unlimited US dollars. Unlimited. Own it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good for you. I’m glad to hear inflation is solved. Again, your religious zealot, your side won. Go outside and shoot off a firework. Unlimited US dollars. Unlimited. Own it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can’t even own your own lies and you are going to lecture others?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eggs absolutely have been $8. You’re a straight up liar saying they haven’t been. Glad you paid $2. Good for you. Again, no idea why you care. Your side won. You are a big government progressive and you’ve won. You are getting exactly what you want with Ukraine. Who cares if someone disagrees?

Man, they’re gonna have put a few of you on suicide watch if Russia actually wins this thing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Eggs absolutely have been $8. You’re a straight up liar saying they haven’t been. Glad you paid $2. Good for you. Again, no idea why you care. Your side won. You are a big government progressive and you’ve won. You are getting exactly what you want with Ukraine. Who cares if someone disagrees?

Man, they’re gonna have put a few of you on suicide watch if Russia actually wins this thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were, yes. They aren’t anywhere close to that anymore despite your claims. I never claimed eggs weren’t expensive in the past, I merely stated what I just bought some for today.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They were, yes.

They aren’t anywhere close to that anymore despite your claims.
View Quote

You wanted unlimited support to zukraine, you got it. To the victor go the spoils. Enjoy. I have no doubt this will turn out exactly how you and your president expect it to.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can either of you type the words “America first”? Just one post with those words.
View Quote

Absolutely America first.

Where we differ is I am of the opinion that we have prospered in no small part because of our global leadership.  I believe isolationism would be harmful to our standard of living.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Where we differ is I am of the opinion that we have prospered in no small part because of our global leadership.  I believe isolationism would be harmful to our standard of living.
View Quote

Well make sure you vote for Biden then so this grift continues. I’d hate to see Trump or DeSantis be elected and cut off the unlimited funds.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

And I never said isolationism is what I wanted. I have said some things are worth fighting for and some are just pointless grifts.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

We will have to equally apply this rules based order piece in order for that to be credible in the least, and we know this doesn't happen.

Supposedly Russia's conventional threat no longer exists, or so ive been told multiple times. Where does the ROI transition away from the juice being worth the squeeze? If they have been reduced 60% for example after 15 months and 60+ billion, but it takes another year and twice as much to move another 5-10%, when exactly do we stop?  What is the attainable goal since at this point pushing Russia completely out is becoming less and less likely?

NATO hasn't been relevant since 1991. The United States is however.

I agree with being involved. There has to be a tear line to that involvement, especially as it starts encroaching on national defense initiatives with tangible risks to us being underwritten.
View Quote

If we want Europe to be supportive of the efforts in the Pacific and not requiring the permanent stationing of Heavy active divisions in Europe because a aggressive Russia is utilizing their playbook in Eastern Poland and the Baltics, we take action now. I understand that is hypothetical, but Putin does have a very clear goal of fracturing NATO as an alliance and as you have noted their asymmetric capabilities are still very much relevant and largely not degraded by the current actions in Ukraine.

You are of course correct that the prolonged nature and the highly probable continuation is going stress our stocks, to me that is more of this has demonstrated we have issues that need to be corrected especially in industries capacity than it has provided the PRC an opportunity. The risk was already there but there is no will politically to correct either in the US, Europe, or the Pacific partners, at least for the time being there is a bit of chance to correct it. We have also been able to demonstrated the ability to deliver millions of tons of equipment and gear, unmatched ISR and our systems can protect HVT against the pacing threats.

We are approaching an inflection point, where we need decide how much risk we will take with a possible Pacific conflict against the conflict that is happening today. Ron and yourself, are far more conservative wishing to focus on the larger threat by maintaining our resources, I tend to believe that demonstrating the West's strength while showing Japan, South Korea and the Philippines why its important to be partners will provide outsized gains in that arena. After Iraq and Afghanistan, I completely understand that cynicism, but there is no way we fight a cold or hot war against the PRC alone and we are successful.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well make sure you vote for Biden then so this grift continues. I’d hate to see Trump or DeSantis be elected and cut off the unlimited funds.
View Quote

Trumps not cutting anything because he won't be elected.  Desantis, after he is briefed  will continue aid to Ukraine because as a military man he will understand the geopolitics of it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And I never said isolationism is what I wanted. I have said some things are worth fighting for and some are just pointless grifts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said that but won’t support it.  You’ve said that you will support terrorist states ahead of NATO ones.  You lash out in irrational Bs all of the time.

Welcome to Davy Jones’s digital locker.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Trumps not cutting anything because he won't be elected.  Desantis, after he is briefed  will continue aid to Ukraine because as a military man he will understand the geopolitics of it.
View Quote

Well that’s not what the polls say but I have no doubt you’d vote for Biden if it meant more Reddit vids of orcs getting smoked. Or, more likely, you’d vote for Biden anyway.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You said that but won’t support it.  You’ve said that you will support terrorist states ahead of NATO ones.  You lash out in irrational Bs all of the time.

Welcome to Davy Jones’s digital locker.
View Quote

Cry more
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well that’s not what the polls say but I have no doubt you’d vote for Biden if it meant more Reddit vids of orcs getting smoked. Or, more likely, you’d vote for Biden anyway.
View Quote

I've been pretty clear on that point. If Trump and Biden are my choices, I'll leave the presidential election bubble blank. Both men are dangerously stupid. Albeit for different reasons.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've been pretty clear on that point. If Trump and Biden are my choices, I'll leave the presidential election bubble blank. Both men are dangerously stupid. Albeit for different reasons.
View Quote

That’s a vote for Biden then.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm not going to take seriously the criticism of someone who just said they would support Russia or China over Ukraine. Holy

Supporting Ukraine's fight against Russia is the best way to avoid a direct confrontation with Russia down the road, in my opinion. Is that too complicated of a way for you to understand "America first?"?
View Quote
Why would there be  "direct confrontation" with Russia, "down the road"?
Explain what region's situation would lead to that?
It seems that this Ukrainian situation would lead to "direct confrontation" a LOT sooner.

What does the United States do if/when Moscow nukes Kiev?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If we want Europe to be supportive of the efforts in the Pacific and not requiring the permanent stationing of Heavy active divisions in Europe because a aggressive Russia is utilizing their playbook in Eastern Poland and the Baltics, we take action now. I understand that is hypothetical, but Putin does have a very clear goal of fracturing NATO as an alliance and as you have noted their asymmetric capabilities are still very much relevant and largely not degraded by the current actions in Ukraine.

You are of course correct that the prolonged nature and the highly probable continuation is going stress our stocks, to me that is more of this has demonstrated we have issues that need to be corrected especially in industries capacity than it has provided the PRC an opportunity. The risk was already there but there is no will politically to correct either in the US, Europe, or the Pacific partners, at least for the time being there is a bit of chance to correct it. We have also been able to demonstrated the ability to deliver millions of tons of equipment and gear, unmatched ISR and our systems can protect HVT against the pacing threats.

We are approaching an inflection point, where we need decide how much risk we will take with a possible Pacific conflict against the conflict that is happening today. Ron and yourself, are far more conservative wishing to focus on the larger threat by maintaining our resources, I tend to believe that demonstrating the West's strength while showing Japan, South Korea and the Philippines why its important to be partners will provide outsized gains in that arena. After Iraq and Afghanistan, I completely understand that cynicism, but there is no way we fight a cold or hot war against the PRC alone and we are successful.
View Quote

We are past that point.  The conflict has absolutely shown critical gaps, however those gaps cannot be resolved in a timeframe conducive to allow for deterrence against the PRC, and in fact widening that gap over the several year timespan it will take to close it serves towards the opposite effect.

We started with things we could afford to lose and are rapidly escalating into the realm of things we can absolutely not afford to lose. Once again, where is the tear line where the ROI of Ukraine is significantly altering our risk acceptance levels for INDOPACOM?

Do we spend another two years kicking a downed horse we cannot kill and then come to that conclusion right as China closes off the SCS?  After two years of eating up HIMARS, Stinger, and PATRIOT magazines?  I don't think many understand or appreciate the actual scale of what is occurring over there, nor the implications of what it would actually take from us to fully support with enough advanced munitions to even make a dent in it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can either of you type the words "America first"? Just one post with those words.

"Global leadership"

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

F-16 are systems, not ammunition. Maybe that news will reach your brain one day.

I have zero hope tho, so I give you the "click" you deserve so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

F-16 are systems, not ammunition. Maybe that news will reach your brain one day.

I have zero hope tho, so I give you the "click" you deserve so much.

As you refused to answer your actual history at arms ever time you are asked the opinion of a chicken hawk like you literally means less to me than what I bag up after my dogs do their business on a walk.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why would there be  "direct confrontation" with Russia, "down the road"?
Explain what region's situation would lead to that?
It seems that this Ukrainian situation would lead to "direct confrontation" a LOT sooner.

What does the United States do if/when Moscow nukes Kiev?
View Quote
NavyDoc and I just went back and forth over it a page or 2 ago. Not going to type it all again.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can either of you type the words "America first"? Just one post with those words.

"Global leadership"

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif

What country was the global leader of the free world since WW2 if not us?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And what have I said on the subject?

Someone asked what you know about F-16s in European service.  Are they depleting US stockpiles of "cutting edge" F-16s?

I thought everyone wanted Europe to do more. Now people are mad that they are doing more? It's hard to keep up when the goal posts keep moving.

Have a good day. You and I have no control over what these "leaders" on any side do, SME or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other than living off the largess of the security my nation provide, WHAT ARE QUALS ON THIS SUBJECT?

Exactly none

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/LOL-UMAD-BRO1gqf_zps44023202_JPG-109.jpg

Nope just tired of a whole bunch of people who have very little knowledge who keep talking about that subject.

And what have I said on the subject?

Someone asked what you know about F-16s in European service.  Are they depleting US stockpiles of "cutting edge" F-16s?

I thought everyone wanted Europe to do more. Now people are mad that they are doing more? It's hard to keep up when the goal posts keep moving.

Have a good day. You and I have no control over what these "leaders" on any side do, SME or not.

Here is where the being a fire officer is kind of important in knowing the scale of the problem, it is well  know Europeans never bought sufficient stocks of ground attack precision weapons and one of their primary problems in their operating besides American forces. Because of that they either have to hang PGMs from US magazines on them or stick to dumb munitions, which will result in them getting in close to accurately use those munitions and that is going to result in heavy loses

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Here is where the being a fire officer is kind of important in knowing the scale of the problem, it is well  know Europeans never bought sufficient stocks of ground attack precision weapons and one of their primary problems in their operating besides American forces. Because of that they either have to hang PGMs from US magazines on them or stick to dumb munitions, which will result in them getting in close to accurately use those munitions and that is going to result in heavy loses

View Quote

They already have a bunch of HARMs which I suspect an F-16 can operate more effectively than a MiG-29.  And they already have AMRAAMs which I suspect the F-16 could effectively operate in some new ways for this war.

Even if they don’t use them for bombing, which will be a challenge even with the weapons in this environment, they have the ability to put munitions we’ve already given them to better use.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They already have a bunch of HARMs which I suspect an F-16 can operate more effectively than a MiG-29.  And they already have AMRAAMs which I suspect the F-16 could effectively operate in some new ways for this war.

Even if they don’t use them for bombing, which will be a challenge even with the weapons in this environment, they have the ability to put munitions we’ve already given them to better use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So once again it comes down to US gifted munitions
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not to mention AIM120s which I know we don’t have enough of. But they don’t care. Ukraine for some reason is the most important thing and should be placed above our own defense.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

…which they already have on hand.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm not going to take seriously the criticism of someone who just said they would support Russia or China over Ukraine. Holy

Supporting Ukraine's fight against Russia is the best way to avoid a direct confrontation with Russia down the road, in my opinion. Is that too complicated of a way for you to understand "America first?"?
View Quote

“Sudetenland? Just give it to the Germans. America first! What’s Poland?”

-half the people in this thread
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

“Sudetenland? Just give it to the Germans. America first! What’s Poland?”

-half the people in this thread
View Quote

Again, yet another poster who uses the phrase “America first” in a derogatory manner. You’re giving away the game, Gunny Green Tip.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have asked for more because they don't have enough of them

So someone else is gifting them shooters, which is going to result in us having to give them more munitiins for them to shoot
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Grift implies some kind of scam.

I won’t be voting for trump, period. Desantis is open to continuing the aid.

It’s working and Russia is losing its genocidal war.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So someone else is gifting them shooters, which is going to result in us having to give them more munitiins for them to shoot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have they asked for more HARMs and AMRAAMs?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Grift implies some kind of scam.

I won’t be voting for trump, period. Desantis is open to continuing the aid.

It’s working and Russia is losing its genocidal war.

View Quote

You’ll vote for Biden because that gives you another four years of unlimited support to the country who you are most allegiant to.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only the USA supplied munitions?

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

They’ll be asking for more 120s than we can give.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have asked for more of everything
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you read a news report about them receiving some missiles, and automatically assume there will be enough to supply 30+ new aircraft indefinitely? Sounds like GD's auto response on ADA munitions to Ukraine as well.

Details are apparently for suckers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Again, yet another poster who uses the phrase “America first” in a derogatory manner. You’re giving away the game, Gunny Green Tip.
View Quote

Because you made it so.

Germany was emboldened by the cowardice of the world when it annexed territories and other countries.

Thankfully we are doing a bit better of a job now.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which air to air missiles will Ukraine be demanding (because they can never ask politely) for the F16s that we said we wouldn’t give them but are now. Hint, they are ones we don’t have enough of.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nobody cares about the pocket change the EU has in their couch cushions.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Because you made it so.

Germany was emboldened by the cowardice of the world when it annexed territories and other countries.

Thankfully we are doing a bit better of a job now.

View Quote

Well Germany was a real threat, Russia is a paper tiger, nice analogy GREEN tip guy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You’ll vote for Biden because that gives you another four years of unlimited support to the country who you are most allegiant to.
View Quote

Says who?

You?

Accusing folks of having allegiances beyond this country is pretty low.

America first does not mean America only.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Says who?

You?

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Says who?

You?

View Quote

Really? Coming from someone who constantly accuses other people of being Russian agents? You have to be joking.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nobody cares about the pocket change the EU has in their couch cushions.
View Quote

Wasn’t aware 400ish tanks was “pocket change”.

What has the USA contributed?

Doesn’t the nasams use a variety of missiles?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well Germany was a real threat, Russia is a paper tiger, nice analogy GREEN tip guy.
View Quote

If Russia is a paper tiger how come the eastern block nato nations are spending a lot of money on weapons?

Bakhmut looks flattened. I mean “liberated”.

So does Marinka.

Russia is indeed a threat to American interests.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top