Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ok, now that that response is out of the way, feel free to refute anything in it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is an awful lot of of emotional writing flying in formation.

Ok, now that that response is out of the way, feel free to refute anything in it.

I cannot refute your feelings.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Damnit Swede.  Why aren’t you A,Erica first?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s pretty telling.

Indeed. And much like having pronouns, so is having an Ukraine flag in your bio.

Ah yes, you’re one of those people.

That explains it.

Damnit Swede.  Why aren’t you A,Erica first?

Obviously I hate America. Why else would I support sending Dutch fighters to Ukraine, so they can rofl-stomp russians?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

. Jesus man.  He’s Swedish.

You are seriously unhinged.  I’d recommend a DNIF period.
View Quote

Well then he can put America first too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

. Jesus man.  He’s Swedish.

You are seriously unhinged.  I’d recommend a DNIF period.

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Least surprising response. I’d say I would have expected more from you but that would be a lie.

Like I said, you are getting your way. Unlimited US taxpayer dollars spent with no strings for as long as it takes. You win.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Least surprising response. I’d say I would have expected more from you but that would be a lie.

Like I said, you are getting your way. Unlimited US taxpayer dollars spent with no strings for as long as it takes. You win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s a factually incorrect summary of my position.

Again, intellectual dishonesty or lack of comprehension from you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That’s a factually incorrect summary of my position.

Again, intellectual dishonesty or lack of comprehension from you.
View Quote

Neither. Like I said you win. All I can do is pay a shit ton of taxes and bitch about it here. You get the next decade to see us support them. Congrats, gotta take those wins when you get them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

nO MaTtEr tHe CosT

Ridiculous
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No cost is too high for Ukraine’s total victory. Back to its original borders.

If Russia uses nukes so do we. Actually you might throw NATO countries in there too.

But like I said no matter the cost to us or the world.

nO MaTtEr tHe CosT

Ridiculous

Abandoning the Rheinland, Sudetenland and Resttchechei worked out so well, right?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not directly. Yet. Ask again in the next year. And it really doesn’t matter but if Russia thinks we are then I’m not sure it matters.
View Quote

Actually we did.

Guess who flew those MIG-15 in Korea.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Abandoning the Rheinland, Sudetenland and Resttchechei worked out so well, right?
View Quote

Exactly the same thing. Where were you crying about liberating Ukraine when they were part of the USSR for decades? Give me a break.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Well that was a fun! I don't have much to add other than

Oh yea, and Russia and China is asshoe.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IMHO, the F-16s won't be the game-changer everyone thinks.  They're great birds but will be sitting ducks on the ground.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Obviously I hate America. Why else would I support sending Dutch fighters to Ukraine, so they can rofl-stomp russians?
View Quote

Russ.. err i mean America first comrade.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You really think the only threat Russia poses is conventional? Jfc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because Russia is continuing to degrade its military and its costing us pennies on the dollar and without American lives being risked.  Letting Russia take over Ukraine now would be retarded.  Ukraine is willing to pay the cost in blood to take down one of our biggest enemies.

Supposedly according to you they are already taken down. I keep hearing about how decimated the Russians are. Why can't Europe and Ukraine seal the deal then and let us prepare for the next global crisis thats 98% our burden?  Why do we keep having to reach into the "break glass in case of fire" pile if that is the case?

Either they are a threat to the US or they aren't.  The NSS says they aren't. I agree.

So where is the tear line for this? Summer 23? 2027? Into perpetuity?
You really think the only threat Russia poses is conventional? Jfc.

That's not what he said.  What he said, and what is true, is that Russia's pathetic conventional war in Ukraine, win or lose in that theater, will not degrade their strategic assets one iota so the concept that we are stopping Russia as a world threat in th Ukraine is rather a moronic positin.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Russ.. err i mean America first comrade.
View Quote

Big gov progressives like you have a lot more in common with Russia than the rest of us. Go unfuck your worthless state before wading into the deep end.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I never peddled the line that Russia is on the verge of collapse.

Btw, Ukraine is 16+ the size of Taiwan. Why you guys so hell bent of defending little ol Taiwan and not Ukraine? Oh the Chipd thing right? If China attacks TSMC is history. Just a few weeks with chemicals and parts. The 100+ million ASML machines are ruined. China doesn't even need to invade Taiwan to do that, it just happens from a couple week long blockaid. The only hope is deterrence.

The US has plenty of capability. There is an shit ton of assets all over the place in that region that we and our partners possess and aren't giving up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As opposed to deterring China when they know you are out of money, manpower and missiles 15 minutes after this conflict ends?

You guys keep claiming their military capacity is completely destroyed, but then 5 minutes later compare them to Germany in 1938.  Which is it?

I never peddled the line that Russia is on the verge of collapse.

Btw, Ukraine is 16+ the size of Taiwan. Why you guys so hell bent of defending little ol Taiwan and not Ukraine? Oh the Chipd thing right? If China attacks TSMC is history. Just a few weeks with chemicals and parts. The 100+ million ASML machines are ruined. China doesn't even need to invade Taiwan to do that, it just happens from a couple week long blockaid. The only hope is deterrence.

The US has plenty of capability. There is an shit ton of assets all over the place in that region that we and our partners possess and aren't giving up.

From a strategic standing, Ukraine has absolutely no impact on the US. From a strategic component, from the manufacture of computer components to control of a strategic position with sea lines of trade, Taiwan is actually vital to US interests.  To conflate the two is a demonstration of not understanding pretty much anything.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's not what he said.  What he said, and what is true, is that Russia's pathetic conventional war in Ukraine, win or lose in that theater, will not degrade their strategic assets one iota so the concept that we are stopping Russia as a world threat in th Ukraine is rather a moronic positin.
View Quote
I would say that they are going to have to rebuild their conventional threat, which will cost them what would have been spent on their strategic capabilities. That could mean they can't build new strategic capabilities, or maintain their current capabilities.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Big gov progressives like you have a lot more in common with Russia than the rest of us. Go unfuck your worthless state before wading into the deep end.
View Quote
Chill out man....
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

From a strategic standing, Ukraine has absolutely no impact on the US. From a strategic component, from the manufacture of computer components to control of a strategic position with sea lines of trade, Taiwan is actually vital to US interests.  To conflate the two is a demonstration of not understanding pretty much anything.
View Quote

You are absolutely correct. However, the “go team go” crew will never refute it, they just switch to attacking you as a Russian agent. All while claiming some kind of twisted moral superiority.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

As in Russia never wanting to return.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What exactly does "win convincingly" mean? Expel every Russian from pre-2014 borders?  What's the cutoff on that agenda?

You just don't understand how any of this works.  We are going to be ok on munitions, somewhere around 2028.  The more complex systems we waste now, the less we have in the 3-5 years before everything gets straightened out.

As in Russia never wanting to return.

Unless you have plan to roll into Moscow with tanks, that idealistic pie in the sky will never happen, regardless of where the lines are drawn after Ukraine.  How do UKbros not understand this simple concept?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Chill out man....
View Quote

Maybe you could save some of that energy for the posters accusing others of being Russians? But nah, being objective isn’t the point with the Uke crowd. Go team go!
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would say that they are going to have to rebuild their conventional threat, which will cost them what would have been spent on their strategic capabilities. That could mean they can't build new strategic capabilities, or maintain their current capabilities.
View Quote

Russia focused on strategic and asymmetric capabilities in the first place, most of which have been unaffected by this war. Their hybrid concept has never placed as much attention on conventional ground fights.

A lot of the problems I see consistently in the American analysis of the war is framing it thru a western lense with the same values and weights applied.  Thats absolutely not how this works.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Maybe you could save some of that energy for the posters accusing others of being Russians? But nah, being objective isn't the point with the Uke crowd. Go team go!
View Quote
You're calling people like me who support the Ukrainians people fight Biden supporters, so I really don't have much sympathy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#24]
GD has moved so far left that saying America first here is now a controversial subject. This is sad.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You're calling people like me who support the Ukrainians people fight Biden supporters, so I really don't have much sympathy.
View Quote

Yeah my guy I’m not saying you support Biden. I am saying you don’t support your country and prioritize other countries ahead of mine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ah yes, now it comes out. So you make a joke about America first. Telling. Just another current thing, progressive drone who fancies himself as a big thinker, similar to the couple retired USMC O5s here who are similarly challenged.
View Quote

Already triggered by an obvious joke?

No wonder you are such an easy prey for ruZZian propagands.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Already triggered by an obvious joke?

No wonder you are such an easy prey for ruZZian propagands.
View Quote

Funny, your position is much more Marxist than mine but go on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You mean like for pretty much most of the 20th century? Lol, some of you act like the USSR never existed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have defense treaties with Japan and South Korea. Not so much with Taiwan. The consequences of Russian troops in western Ukraine as a threat to Nato should be obvious if you were to look at a map.

You mean like for pretty much most of the 20th century? Lol, some of you act like the USSR never existed.

They also ignore that the Ukraine was part of the original USSR. They forget that Stalin was from Georgia. The are unable to comprehend that the USSR was more than just Russia.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

nO MaTtEr tHe CosT

Ridiculous
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No cost is too high for Ukraine’s total victory. Back to its original borders.

If Russia uses nukes so do we. Actually you might throw NATO countries in there too.

But like I said no matter the cost to us or the world.

nO MaTtEr tHe CosT

Ridiculous

I was being facetious. I love conflicts that escalate with zero hope of coming to the table, especially considering the risks.

For what gain? What's the plan? As far as I can tell Zelensky wants Ukraine’s original borders. To accomplish that is more than F16's. That's gonna take substantially more than what Ukraine has.

Russia hasn't blinked and neither have we.

So even though I was being facetious, its still a legitimate question of how far do we go?

Russia's complete destruction? Ukraine’s original border?

Right now its full speed ahead to war.

I hope the payback to our interests is huge and in a substantial way.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#30]
[b]Quoted:[/b]

Exactly the same thing. Where were you crying about liberating Ukraine when they were part of the USSR for decades? Give me a break.
View Quote

Because we crushed the evil empire and did exactly that
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Zelensky traveled to Japan for the G-7? https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/20/us/politics/zelensky-g7-japan.html
View Quote

Great, there’s another billion dollars gone.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zelensky traveled to Japan for the G-7? https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/20/us/politics/zelensky-g7-japan.html

He flew on a French jet to get there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He flew on a French jet to get there.
View Quote

I’m talking about what he will be promised while there. But you knew that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Aren’t you an artillery officer? The fuck do you know about Dutch and Danish F16s?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m amazed at the hubris of people who don’t know what they don’t even know, trying to explain to people who have lived this their entire life.

If anyone should be ashamed, you definitely are the top of that list

LOL

This i a threath about F-16s, you know? You sound a bit like a triggered snowflake pretending to know shit yet you fail badly at reading, so there's that.

No, I just annoyed  at people who gaslight about shit they don’t know

AND YOU’VE CONSTANTLY DEMONSTRATED YOU DON’T KNOW JACK OF SHIT ABOUT THE SUBJECT, BUT THAT DOESN’T STOP YOU FROM BLATHERING ON

Aren’t you an artillery officer? The fuck do you know about Dutch and Danish F16s?

More than some dude from one of the most cucked country in Europe.  Please share with us your military experience.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah my guy I'm not saying you support Biden. I am saying you don't support your country and prioritize other countries ahead of mine.
View Quote
Lol...like I said, with comments like that I don't have much sympathy for you complaining about being called a Russia supporter, although I have stated many times on here "having concerns about funding Ukraine war =/= one being a Putin Puffer."
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet Dutch F16s have wooden landing gears…..typical Dutch.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lol...like I said, with comments like that I don't have much sympathy for you complaining about being called a Russia supporter, although I have stated many times on here "having concerns about funding Ukraine war =/= one being a Putin Puffer."
View Quote

Well that certainly makes you different than most Uke fanboys.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

More than some dude from one of the most cucked country in Europe.  Please share with us your military experience.
View Quote

Lol, everybody starts demanding resumes once the outcome doesn't match their opinions.

Meanwhile the dollar general employee ID flashed by 1andy2 and abakan are A-OK if the narrative is correct.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was in the Middle East yesterday or earlier this week so I guess he’s doing world tour. Previously he met with Italy then French then UK and Germany governments and received assurances of future support. His wife was in South Korea requesting air defense earlier this week so it now makes sense he’s travel to Japan and meet with her.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He was in the Middle East yesterday or earlier this week so I guess he’s doing world tour. Previously he met with Italy then French then UK and Germany governments and received assurances of future support. His wife was in South Korea requesting air defense earlier this week so it now makes sense he’s travel to Japan and meet with her.
View Quote

Hmm. Costly trips I’m guessing. Especially from a country I’m told is so broke they have to be given everything.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea he's doing side meetings.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yea he's doing side meetings.
View Quote

That would explain some things I’ve been reading about the G-7. I was under the impression it was China focused but appears Russia and Ukraine are on the table too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hmm. Costly trips I’m guessing. Especially from a country I’m told is so broke they have to be given everything.
View Quote

So are you talking about a costly trip to take or “talking about what he will be promised while there”?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They also ignore that the Ukraine was part of the original USSR. They forget that Stalin was from Georgia. The are unable to comprehend that the USSR was more than just Russia.
View Quote

If Russia isn't the successor state to the USSR, then the UN should probably revoke their permanent UN security council position and award it to the various successor states on a rotating basis.

We can go ahead and start with Ukraine.

Then maybe Estonia.

Russia can get it back in about 30 years since they unfairly held it so long.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So are you talking about a costly trip to take or “talking about what he will be promised while there”?
View Quote

I’m saying the US will be poorer after this meeting than it was before it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ukraine was part of the USSR, and a good deal of Ukrainians didn’t want to be.  Peasants’ land was seized for collective farms throughout the USSR, and resistance to it could be found throughout the country, but Ukrainian nationalism combined with opposition to collectivization likely made for especially strong opposition in Ukraine, and Stalin crushed it, deliberately, and took food away from people and left them to starve, because he was such a bastard.  

What about the Baltic countries?  They were all forcibly “integrated” into the USSR in the late 1930s/early 1940s when Soviet troops marched into those countries and took them, and then started doing commie BS like shipping people off to Siberia and seizing private property.  So much of the USSR was brought together by force, so many people, Ukrainians included, didn’t want to be a part of it, but what is a contestant for the most cruel regime in human history, bar none, used force and terror, including mass starvation, to bring them into the USSR or keep them there.  Besides outspending the USSR, you have to take into account, when examining its collapse, that it was made up of so many nationalities and peoples who didn’t want to be a part of it in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-96.gif

He knows more than a frigging Applebees waiter so there you go.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What are your related bonifides?

Every time Europe does something it is contingent upon the US conducting 90% of the heavy lifting and funding. We keep asking what the second order implications to the US will be with European fighters being refurbished and sent to Ukraine, but numbers and logistics are the magical part that get removed from emotion based discussions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are your related bonifides?

Quoted:

I thought everyone wanted Europe to do more. Now people are mad that they are doing more? It's hard to keep up when the goal posts keep moving.

Every time Europe does something it is contingent upon the US conducting 90% of the heavy lifting and funding. We keep asking what the second order implications to the US will be with European fighters being refurbished and sent to Ukraine, but numbers and logistics are the magical part that get removed from emotion based discussions.

This. NATO= Needs Americans To Operate.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top