BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think even worse is the people here who should know better but still blindly support Biden’s “current thing”. Can’t help but notice many of them have retired and no longer have to worry about being directly impacted by more war other than to attend more briefings in their GS jobs. Funny how that works.
View Quote

Almost nobody wants to join a hot war, but there are plenty in these threads that have put their necks out more than a guy burning $20k an hour to drop PGMs on goat herders.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not directly. Yet. Ask again in the next year. And it really doesn’t matter but if Russia thinks we are then I’m not sure it matters.
View Quote

Do you believe that Russian leadership actually believes they are fighting NATO or is it just low quality IO for low quality recipients?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Aren’t you an artillery officer? The fuck do you know about Dutch and Danish F16s?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Aren’t you an artillery officer? The fuck do you know about Dutch and Danish F16s?

What are your related bonifides?

Quoted:

I thought everyone wanted Europe to do more. Now people are mad that they are doing more? It's hard to keep up when the goal posts keep moving.

Every time Europe does something it is contingent upon the US conducting 90% of the heavy lifting and funding. We keep asking what the second order implications to the US will be with European fighters being refurbished and sent to Ukraine, but numbers and logistics are the magical part that get removed from emotion based discussions.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Almost nobody wants to join a hot war, but there are plenty in these threads that have put their necks out more than a guy burning $20k an hour to drop PGMs on goat herders.
View Quote

Sorry guy, can only play the teams on the schedule. Perhaps you should cope harder.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FUCK Ukraine.

Fight your own war.

NATO expansion has caused this, and now we are doing everything we can to kick off WW3. Complete bullshit.
View Quote

That’s a pretty simplistic view.

Putin would have invaded sooner or later due to the vast oil and gas reserves in Ukraine and control of the pipelines that run through Ukraine to Europe.

NATO expansion is but a part of what’s going on there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not directly. Yet. Ask again in the next year. And it really doesn’t matter but if Russia thinks we are then I’m not sure it matters.
View Quote

Just like we got nuked in 1945-1991 during the various proxy wars and conflicts?

Did Russia show the same hesitation when supporting our enemies?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just like we got nuked in 1945-1991 during the various proxy wars and conflicts?

View Quote

So because something didn’t happen means it won’t happen? Interesting take. Not worth the risk for an insignificant country like Ukraine. Plenty of other countries worth fighting for. 10% though right
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FUCK Ukraine.

Fight your own war.

NATO expansion has caused this, and now we are doing everything we can to kick off WW3. Complete bullshit.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65649471.amp                                         Attachment Attached File
                           Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sorry guy, can only play the teams on the schedule. Perhaps you should cope harder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't spent much time under rocket attack risk, but some of the people you're lecturing have been at real threat of death.  It takes a lack of awareness to not recognize that.  That's the point you missed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So because something didn’t happen means it won’t happen? Interesting take. Not worth the risk for an insignificant country like Ukraine. Plenty of other countries worth fighting for. 10% though right
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it guaranteed?  Few things in life are.

Is it informative?  Absolutely.

And thanks for keeping up the trend of posts containing "10% for the big guy" references being no value.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I haven't spent much time under rocket attack risk, but some of the people you're lecturing have been at real threat of death.
View Quote

Thanks for thinking about me like that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Ukraines logistics guys have to be sleeping poorly these days. Way too many differing systems and standards.

Nick
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FUCK Ukraine.

Fight your own war.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, fighting a nuclear power makes it less likely for them to use nuclear weapons rather than not fighting them. Absolute genius stuff here.
View Quote

If your only goal is to reduce the chance of use of nuclear weapons, you should advocate preemptive surrender.  Or you can admit that there are other goals in play.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#16]
The fact that we have people screeching this hard over one european nation wanting to provide its own military hardware to another in order to better fight the Russians tells me all I need to know about certain people's actual motivations behind not wanting to help Ukraine.

And its not actually about depleting our own supply or cost to our own taxpayers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The fact that we have people screeching this hard over one european nation wanting to provide its own military hardware to another in order to better fight the Russians tells me all I need to know about certain people's actual motivations behind not wanting to help Ukraine.

And its not actually about depleting our own supply or cost to our own taxpayers.
View Quote

Who pays for the F16 training, Andrew?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Who pays for the F16 training, Andrew?
View Quote

How much money are we talking about FlyNavy75?   How many pilots?

Who is getting paid?

I await the detailed answer that you care enough about to have thoroughly researched.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How much money are we talking about FlyNavy75?   How many pilots?

Who is getting paid?

I await the detailed answer that you care enough about to have thoroughly researched.
View Quote

Well the estimates are 4-18 months of flight training. That’s paying for the gas for them and another instructor jet times however many sorties they fly until complete. I’m guessing they get paid for quarters to stay in and hell, we are probably paying them on top of it.

How’s this to answer your question- even one fucking dollar is too much.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well the estimates are 4-18 months of flight training. That’s paying for the gas for them and another instructor jet times however many sorties they fly until complete. I’m guessing they get paid for quarters to stay in and hell, we are probably paying them on top of it.

View Quote

I rest my case.

I didn't make you wear that slipper either.   But I'll be damned if you didn't jump over the balcony and vault the orchestra pit to put it on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

We don’t have any hard numbers yet. My impression is there’s concerns over who supplies maintenance, weaponry etc. Biden authorized training for F-16 pilots along with a handful of other NATO members offering training. But officially Netherlands has not made a specific statement on numbers. As the BBC news article above your post on this page states. There’s a G-7 meeting so I imagine talks will take place and it may take awhile before details are worked out. In this vacuum I’m guessing some posting in this thread are concerned where the rubber meets the road on the details. If the US simply provides training and no other support and Europe’s NATO members are the providers of the aircraft, maintenance and missiles for Ukraine’s F-16s you might have a point but as it stands without additional information I imagine there’s worry everything could fall onto USA shoulders despite no information implying it would or will - I gather GD seems pretty jaded from recent history not just for Ukraine but any topic regarding military and foreign policy. https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/19/us-indicates-will-not-block-european-countries-export-f-16-jets-ukraine
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I rest my case.

I didn't make you wear that slipper either.   But I'll be damned if you didn't jump over the balcony and vault the orchestra pit to put it on.
View Quote

Don’t really care. America first. Look in the mirror, try saying it. Or not.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We don’t have any hard numbers yet. My impression is there’s concerns over who supplies maintenance, weaponry etc. Biden authorized training for F-16 pilots along with a handful of other NATO members offering trading. But officially Netherlands has not made a specific statement on numbers. As the BBC news article above your post on this page states. There’s a G-7 meeting so I imagine talks will take place and it may take awhile before details are worked out. In this vacuum I’m guessing some are concerned where the rubber meets the road on the details. If the US simply provides training and no other support and Europe’s NATO members are the providers of the aircraft, maintenance and missiles for Ukraine’s F-16s you might have a point but as it stands without additional information I imagine there’s worry everything could fall into USA shoulders - I gather GD seems pretty jaded from recent history not just for Ukraine but any topic regarding military and foreign policy.
View Quote

Sounds like a good reason to not clench ones teeth so hard then (not directed at you.)  At least until we have hard figures and a basis for reasonable debate.

But apparently, even if it only cost the American taxpayers one dollar... that would be too much for some people.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So America being nuked is fine, it just has to be for countries you deem “worth fighting for”

Well okay
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

My arms room is more depleted and affected by border missions than aid to Ukraine.

No screeching there
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So America being nuked is fine, it just has to be for countries you deem “worth fighting for”

Well okay
View Quote

If I have to die in a nuclear blast I’d rather it be for Zimbabwe than Ukraine. But yes, there is a difference between fighting wars over real strategic interests and fight wars to line pocketbooks. See recent history. But this time will be different. Let’s talk in a decade when we are still paying for Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If I have to die in a nuclear blast I’d rather it be for Zimbabwe than Ukraine. But yes, there is a difference between fighting wars over real strategic interests and fight wars to line pocketbooks. See recent history. But this time will be different. Let’s talk in a decade when we are still paying for Ukraine.
View Quote

What’s our strategic relationship with Zimbabwe that makes them more preferred?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love the back-handed implication that anyone who has flown fighters in combat since 2001 hasn't faced any opposition, threat, or risk.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Air ops is out of my lane but I’m operating under the assumption we have the requisite training personnel available. Is your concern training detracts from US mission focus or simply on principle that the US should not provide aid of any kind for the defense of Ukraine as it’s solely a European or solely a Ukrainian task? Or economic/financial concern? Cal guard was running training with Ukraine as far back as the 1990s,  so I’m coming from the ARNG background and SOF background for advise, train and assist for the reasoning as to why I’m not opposed to training their personnel.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#30]

F-16 are systems, not ammunition. Maybe that news will reach your brain one day.

I have zero hope tho, so I give you the "click" you deserve so much.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Air ops is out of my lane but I’m operating under the assumption we have the requisite training personnel available. Is your concern training detracts from US mission focus or simply on principle that the US should not provide aid of any kind for the defense of Ukraine as it’s solely a European or solely a Ukrainian task? Or economic/financial concern? Cal guard was running training with Ukraine as far back as the 1990s,  so I’m coming from the ARNG background and SOF background for advise, train and assist for the reasoning as to why I’m not opposed to training their personnel.
View Quote

What I want means nothing. Big government wants billions spent in Iraq, I mean Ukraine so that’s what’s happening. I’d rather see every dollar spent at home, or better yet, refunded to tax payers. If Taiwan or Ukraine want to BUY stuff then by all means, break out the credit card.

I’m just sick of being an American and watching year after year of other countries and their citizens placed before me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Humorously Europium!             Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Air ops is out of my lane but I’m operating under the assumption we have the requisite training personnel available.
View Quote

USAF training is planned 3 years ahead of time, both in terms of financial outlay and personnel manning, for a finite planned number of students on a known syllabus.

You can't just suddenly inject new students into that pipeline and not expect it to have a substantial impact on our own USAF training.  You can't inject any noticeable number of new students into a structure designed to handle only the planned student throughput.

Without an immediate infusion of new instructors *and* aircraft, every new Ukranian student trainee would effectively bump a US student.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What I want means nothing  
View Quote
                                   100% can relate to this from Hollywood to the Pentagon it’s been a life of pushing elephants up stairs to no avail 87% of the time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

F-16 are systems, not ammunition. Maybe that news will reach your brain one day.

I have zero hope tho, so I give you the "click" you deserve so much.
View Quote

There are two types of people involved here, people smart enough to solve problems by looking across an entire spectrum...

And people like you that aren't.

Armament is a known, quantifiable second order effect that is implied when one speaks of bringing in a new airframe or weapon system.  Arguable its one of the most important details as a fighter is only as useful as its ability to fight.

When I send a team of people somewhere the immediate planning works backwards from most important known impactors.  Do they have reliable access to water? How do we feed and maintain their class V supplies?

Then there are the flyby people like yourself that don't know anything and are perfectly fine with the executive summary narrative, which is how plans and missions fail. Its also how resources get wasted or misallocated, because people are too lazy to do the required analysis.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

USAF training is planned 3 years ahead of time, both in terms of financial outlay and personnel manning, for a finite planned number of students on a known syllabus.

You can't just suddenly inject new students into that pipeline and not expect it to have a substantial impact on our own USAF training.  You can't inject any noticeable number of new students into a structure designed to handle only the planned student throughput.

Without an immediate infusion of new instructors *and* aircraft, every new Ukranian student trainee would effectively bump a US student.
View Quote

Appreciate the insight and clarification
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s pretty telling.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It’s pretty telling.
View Quote

Indeed. And much like having pronouns, so is having an Ukraine flag in your bio.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What I want means nothing. Big government wants billions spent in Iraq, I mean Ukraine so that’s what’s happening. I’d rather see every dollar spent at home, or better yet, refunded to tax payers. If Taiwan or Ukraine want to BUY stuff then by all means, break out the credit card.

I’m just sick of being an American and watching year after year of other countries and their citizens placed before me.
View Quote

Thanks for clarifying
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There are two types of people involved here, people smart enough to solve problems by looking across an entire spectrum...

And people like you that aren't.

Armament is a known, quantifiable second order effect that is implied when one speaks of bringing in a new airframe or weapon system.  Arguable its one of the most important details as a fighter is only as useful as its ability to fight.

When I send a team of people somewhere the immediate planning works backwards from most important known impactors.  Do they have reliable access to water? How do we feed and maintain their class V supplies?

Then there are the flyby people like yourself that don't know anything and are perfectly fine with the executive summary narrative, which is how plans and missions fail.
View Quote

And like anyone else here, they can’t explain why zukraine is of such national importance to us when we are collapsing at home. Much less being able to explain the end game to this entire grift. Just “muh Russia” and supporting the current thing. That’s as deep as it gets.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And like anyone else here, they can’t explain why zukraine is of such national importance to us when we are collapsing at home. Much less being able to explain the end game to this entire grift. Just “muh Russia” and supporting the current thing. That’s as deep as it gets.
View Quote

You either fail to read or comprehend when people do share.

It’s one thing to disagree with their opinion, but people of folks have shared it and to pretend otherwise is intellectually dishonest.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Indeed. And much like having pronouns, so is having an Ukraine flag in your bio.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s pretty telling.

Ah yes, you’re one of those people.

That explains it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That explains it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s pretty telling.

That explains it.

Damnit Swede.  Why aren’t you America first?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You either fail to read or comprehend when people do share.

It’s one thing to disagree with their opinion, but people of folks have shared it and to pretend otherwise is intellectually dishonest.
View Quote

Don’t worry big guy, everyone knew your stance on the issue when the thread was titled “Biden endorses”. And no, nobody has in any depth explained the two issues I brought up. Certainly nobody in the Biden administration has. Biden’s stance is “whatever it takes”. His exact words. Don’t know why you even bother, you are getting exactly your way. We will have unlimited spending in Ukraine for as long as it takes. Ten years, twenty years, who cares. Bask in your victory. Personally I think it’s awful for America but I doubt you care about that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Damnit Swede.  Why aren’t you A,Erica first?
View Quote

Ah yes, now it comes out. So you make a joke about America first. Telling. Just another current thing, progressive drone who fancies himself as a big thinker, similar to the couple retired USMC O5s here who are similarly challenged.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Don’t worry big guy, everyone knew your stance on the issue when the thread was titled “Biden endorses”. And no, nobody has in any depth explained the two issues I brought up. Certainly nobody in the Biden administration has. Biden’s stance is “whatever it takes”. His exact words. Don’t know why you even bother, you are getting exactly your way. We will have unlimited spending in Ukraine for as long as it takes. Ten years, twenty years, who cares. Bask in your victory. Personally I think it’s awful for America but I doubt you care about that.
View Quote

That is an awful lot of of emotional writing flying in formation.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ah yes, now it comes out. So you make a joke about America first. Telling. Just another current thing, progressive drone who fancies himself as a big thinker, similar to the couple retired USMC O5s here who are similarly challenged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

”Current thing”

You couldn’t be more transparent about where you got your script from if you tried.

lmao
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That is an awful lot of of emotional writing flying in formation.
View Quote

Ok, now that that response is out of the way, feel free to refute anything in it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

. Jesus man.  He’s Swedish.

You are seriously unhinged.  I’d recommend a DNIF period.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

”Current thing”

You couldn’t be more transparent about where you got your script from if you tried.

lmao
View Quote

Oh no, you’ve been exposed to a different opinion. So sorry this is happening to you.

I have yet to see one decent post from anyone with an Ukraine flag in their bio. That trend continues.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top