Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 72
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think that is when the loaders scan it onto the delivery truck.  The driver probably doesn't come in and hit the road til 7 or 8.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking everyone is pulling some retarded bullshit apparently. Just checked on my UPS delivery.

Ypsilanti, MI, US

12/18/2015 5:30 AM

The receiving business was closed. Your delivery has been reschedule for the next business day.

12/18/2014 3:38 AM

Out For Delivery

How many businesses are open for deliveries at 5 AM?

I think that is when the loaders scan it onto the delivery truck.  The driver probably doesn't come in and hit the road til 7 or 8.
Does EoTech just get a Package Car, or do they get a Semi Trailer or Box Truck?

When I worked Peak Feeder for UPS, the Big shippers got a Semi Trailer.....

On another note, I don't remember what I paid for My 'F' Model 552......

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Most class action lawsuits result in everyone getting $3.53... Why would this one be different?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just filed a claim through eotechlawsuit.com. I'm pretty sure I am gonna
be the Class Action Rep for my state.  By doing this you should recieve more than a
even refund or gift certificate in place of one.

Most class action lawsuits result in everyone getting $3.53... Why would this one be different?

exactly
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Who came up with the "sometime in January" that the refunds will begin?
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
got my 2007 512 shipped off yesterday.

the wait begins!
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Just sent both of mine off. Il post a tracking # here in a bit so everyone can track it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not 100% sure but I think someone talked to an eotech employee who gave that time frame
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

WAG
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

WAG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WAG

This
There was speculation about no refunds til 2016 for tax purposes a Few pages back.
Very little actual info in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine was delivered today at 12:36 pm via USPS priority mail. My department announced yesterday that they had to be removed from our patrol rifles, I was a little ahead of them.

Now the wait and uncertainty
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone in the return thread called a rep and was told it would be weeks not months in regards to when we can see returns.  You know how this shit goes though....so be prepared for a long winter.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Someone in the return thread called a rep and was told it would be weeks not months in regards to when we can see returns.  You know how this shit goes though....so be prepared for a long winter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, like when the nurse says " the dr will be with you shortly " lol
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Precisely......hurry up and wait.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any reason to not ship FedEx?
View Quote

I did after UPS wouldn't ship mine because it's a "gun part".  Fuck UPS.

Edit, that's my line AC!
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Edit, that's my line AC!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit, that's my line AC!

Holy shit!

I just told them it was a scope. I think the UPS gal had no idea.

Oh well, they received it yesterday as per tracking.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I was having a discussion with a buddy about what models where covered. I was under the impression that the law flaws covered all models. their thought was that it was just the 5xx series eotechs.

Ill admit i have not read the entire law suit but from what i read it sounded like it was every product they made. any one care to clarify for me?
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sent mine out this morning.  The guy at the little post office here said it was the fourth one he's seen this week.  

These questions may have been answered somewhere in the 27 pages prior to this one but I didn't check every post so here goes:

-Has EOTech or their parent company made any formal announcement of the issue and their buy-back?  The SOP in business nowadays is supposed to be full disclosure ASAP and doing everything to fix the issue to placate customers.  It harkens back several years to the problems Firestone had with their 500's.  I remember my parents got free replacements for the set they had on SUV.  Firestone took a hit but are still in business.  Even Chipotle is figuring it out.  I've looked at the EOTech site several times but there is no mention. Which brings me to:

-Is EOTech still selling the damn things?  They are still listed on their website along with being available and in-stock at Cabelas, MidwayUSA, and Bass Pro.  I thought they are all defective and no redesign or corrective action has taken place.  The whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sent mine out this morning.  The guy at the little post office here said it was the fourth one he's seen this week.  

These questions may have been answered somewhere in the 27 pages prior to this one but I didn't check every post so here goes:

-Has EOTech or their parent company made any formal announcement of the issue and their buy-back?  The SOP in business nowadays is supposed to be full disclosure ASAP and doing everything to fix the issue to placate customers.  It harkens back several years to the problems Firestone had with their 500's.  I remember my parents got free replacements for the set they had on SUV.  Firestone took a hit but are still in business.  Even Chipotle is figuring it out.  I've looked at the EOTech site several times but there is no mention. Which brings me to:

-Is EOTech still selling the damn things?  They are still listed on their website along with being available and in-stock at Cabelas, MidwayUSA, and Bass Pro.  I thought they are all defective and no redesign or corrective action has taken place.  The whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test.

Yes, they are still selling them
They updated their site to say that in extreme temp variations from the temp that yo zeroed the sight, the POI could shift by up to 5MOA.
They suggest re-zeroing the sight if the temprature is quite a bit different from when you zeroed it last.

ETA:

From their site.

Will the HWS hold zero as temperature changes?

EOTech's sights will experience a point of impact shift away from the point of aim when the sight is used at a temperature different from the temperature at which the sight was zeroed. This shift is greater the more extreme the temperature change. For example, when a sight is zeroed at 70°F then acclimated to 50°F, less shift will occur. On the other hand, if zeroed at 70°F, then acclimated to 0°F, more shift could occur. The maximum shift will occur at temperature extremes and could be up to 5 MOA. Therefore, to acheive optimum accuracy, the sight should be re-zeroed whenever the temperature changes markedly from the temperature at which the sight was zeroed.

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'd guess they're more likely to be refurbished and sold as refurbs with new serial numbers and won't be accepted for any refunds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what they will do with them all?

I'd love to see the pile. It must be huge. I'm guessing these sights have some valuable materials in the internals so they'd be worth something to a recycler of electronics.

I'd guess they're more likely to be refurbished and sold as refurbs with new serial numbers and won't be accepted for any refunds.

That would be sleazy, but since they're still selling the same defective products it wouldn't be surprising.

I'm glad this thread was here otherwise I might never have known. I'm patiently awaiting my $359.97.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hope you right, but parents have been know to abandon their children.
Seriously I hope this goes well for everyone involved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another thought I had is if 250k units get returned at an average of $550.00 a piece they'll have to pay out
$137,500,000.00 to customers but settled at 25 mil with the gov.
Yeah, this'll get resolved quickly.

That's drop in the bucket money to EOTech's parent company. To save their reputation (if such a thing is possible), it's a small price to pay.

I hope you right, but parents have been know to abandon their children.
Seriously I hope this goes well for everyone involved.

IMHO, it was a choice that had little risk.  I'm not putting it on a rifle, I'd get nowhere near the $ for it that it was worth after they said "this thing sucks as a sight" so.....yeah, sending it back was a no-brainer.  If they stiff me, no big deal.  Not like I'm out a sight (this thing can't maintain zero in normal operating conditions...it's not much of a sight, more of a suggestion that drinks but won't tell you it's drunk), or out the $.

So, instead of it sitting in my house taking up space, or me getting 1/10th of the value back, or being put on a range toy (which I don't own because fuck buying range toys....all my rifles are expected to be able to be pressed into live/death service if necessary).....I sent it back.  If you are one of the lucky few that can buy 30 rifles, sure.  Might be better to throw it on a beater.....but I don't have those kinds of $.  There was no reason to keep it, and if the maker says "I'll refund you the entire MSRP of that thin because it sucks" ..... yeah, I'll take them up on that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck fedex. Bunch of fuck heads.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well shit then I probably shouldn't ship with them....

Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Union?  
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Has any one actually got a check yet?
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

No one even knows if checks will be sent.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that case, my 552 is staying on the rifle. When I get the coin for a T2, I will just move the Eotech over to a plinker.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well that escalated quickly
Quoted:

In that case, my 552 is staying on the rifle. When I get the coin for a T2, I will just move the Eotech over to a plinker.

lol wut? get MSRP and buy three primary arms red dots for your plinkers
herp derp
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

herp derp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

herp derp

When people actually start getting paid I will reconsider. I just don't  want to end up with no optic and no monetary compensation.

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was the response when an Arfcom member ended up talking to one of the guys in charge.

Quoted:
So FWIW, I called EOTech this morning and by way of navigating around their automated phone system, reached a live person who then gave me Mike Krull's name and direct number. Not going to post his number here as that wouldn't be professional or fair to him, but he was pretty helpful. A couple of things:

• I received a return authorization and sent in my one and only optic - a brand new EXPS3-0 TAN I had purchased only two weeks prior - and it was received and signed for this past Thursday 12/10

• Mike said this is a huge undertaking and they're doing their best to make it easy for everyone involved; they even worked over the weekend to check-in all of the HWSs they've received so far

• Mike was aware of much of the web rumblings around a refund vs. a coupon for a credit; he said he doesn't have the time to address every possible piece of incorrect information, so his response to me was that their official public statement referred to "refunds" and that should be the best indication of their intended course of action

• While he's not directly involved in the issuing of refunds portion (neither is Accounts Payable FYI because I initially started there), he said he hoped it would be no more than "weeks" when I asked whether it would be "days, weeks, or months" for these refunds to reach consumers

Hunting Mike down and bombarding him with emails or phone calls at this point probably isn't going to yield any new information and will only slow the process down for him and others like him who are already working hard to make this right. Hope this info helps.

BTW, for those of you who are overthinking the "what reasoning should I write in my refund request form?", I don't think it really matters all that much. You probably could get away with "Please refund me as part of the ongoing consumer refund initiative" and you'd be good. Here's what I wrote:

"I'm reluctantly submitting my request for a refund as I wanted this particular sight for my M4 CQBR Block II clone build, but cannot be confident that it will remain free from reticle drift or delamination issues down the road. As this is my only home-defense rifle, the sight must be 100% reliable and failure-free for indefinitely. This is a decision I did not take lightly or make in a knee-jerk fashion based on web panic. It is an unfortunate situation all around -  for EOTech, for the gov, and for the public."
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

When people actually start getting paid I will reconsider. I just don't  want to end up with no optic and no monetary compensation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

herp derp

I bet they ether don't give the refund or wait over a year. For all the legal crap
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Care to elaborate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to elaborate?

Yesterday I over nighted some documents for $67. Today the tracking said they were denied by recipient, but he didn't. I spent over an hour and a half on the phone with fedex today, most of the time on hold. I finally got a supervisor to admit they were taken by fedex security. But no one knows anything more. Someone was supposed to call me back by 8pm, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Fuckers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well something will get done......or why on earth would EOTech tell thousands of us to send in our units?

And for those waiting on the fence to see if others get refunds, tread lightly.  Because those L3 funds allocated for EOTech returns will dry up sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well something will get done......or why on earth would EOTech tell thousands of us to send in our units?

And for those waiting on the fence to see if others get refunds, tread lightly.  Because those L3 funds allocated for EOTech returns will dry up sooner rather than later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? Maybe to remove a liability from the hands of the public.
The way their email is worded they can take how ever long they want.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm going to stick mine on a shotgun until I see people getting checks. 4MOA at 50 yards is 2" and with buckshot that's nothing.

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm going to stick mine on a shotgun until I see people getting checks. 4MOA at 50 yards is 2" and with buckshot that's nothing.  
View Quote

My experience with EOTech's on high recoil platforms has been quite negative... But whatever works for you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:I bet they ether don't give the refund or wait over a year. For all the legal crap
View Quote

wanna bet a PMAG?

ETA: anyone submit an RMA today?
My buddy submitted one around 8am MST he said and has no RMA from L-3, not in junk folder he said.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

wanna bet a PMAG?

My buddy submitted one around 8am MST he said and has no RMA from L-3, not in junk folder he said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I bet they ether don't give the refund or wait over a year. For all the legal crap

wanna bet a PMAG?

It's Friday, they took off early.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wanna bet a PMAG?

I get what you're saying and probably they deserve it but most guys are posting about receiving theirs within 15 mins of submitting
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not a bad idea. I'm not sending shit off yet either. I wasn't worried about the temperature change being that I live in South Florida. Then I read something about humidity affecting it also. That was my "fuck this shit" moment. We often have 90%+ humidity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a bad idea. I'm not sending shit off yet either. I wasn't worried about the temperature change being that I live in South Florida. Then I read something about humidity affecting it also. That was my "fuck this shit" moment. We often have 90%+ humidity.

I wasn't going to either as I tend to not believe most knee-jerk hype from anyone...I've found just about everything by everyone is exaggerated.  But then I sat and thought about it and realized if I doubt the sight, even a little bit, it is useless to me on a defensive/offensive rifle.  In that case IMO why keep it?

At least for me that was the major deciding factor.

Waiting on suppressor paperwork I might as well wait on a refund check at the same time!  LOLz
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I wasn't going to either as I tend to not believe most knee-jerk hype from anyone...I've found just about everything by everyone is exaggerated.  But then I sat and thought about it and realized if I doubt the sight, even a little bit, it is useless to me on a defensive/offensive rifle.  In that case IMO why keep it?

Waiting on suppressor paperwork I might as well wait on a refund check at the same time!  LOLz
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it exaggerated if EOTech themselves have publicly come out and stated their RDS are fucking garbage?  
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

How is it exaggerated if EOTech themselves have publicly come out and stated their RDS are fucking garbage?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well I filled out the return request form for both my EXPS3-4 and the G23 FTS magnifier. The EXPS is going for $629.99 and the G23 is discontinued but I found it listed for $549.99. That's a grand total of $1,179.98.

After reading all this I am hesitant as well to send it in until people actually start getting checks. What to do, what to do.
View Quote

I had that thought and what i came up with.. Who knows how long they will approve that shit.. Checks could take well up to a year to actually materialize and by that time they may have stopped accepting the returns or changed how they handled them. Im going to trust Eotech and L3 to either A cut me a check or B. send me a fixed Optic.

I simply cant imagine in any scenario that they just straight up fuck me out of the optic i just sent them.

I can imagine them getting overwhelmed and shutting off the tap or checks taking so long that who knows what happens a year from now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yea but I figured I could always sell it somewhere and make something back...if I have it that is. I am building a SBR right now and don't feel like having that kind of coin tied up in limbo. If I can sell that combo for even $800 then I can have my optic of choice on my new "go to" rifle. After that it will be a lot easier for me to come up with $424 for an Aimpoint PRO to sit on the rifle the Eotech shit came off of. In all honesty the only reason I really liked the magnifier was that I could get a better zero. It just made the dot crispier. I never used it after that. I guess I could put my spotting scope behind the rifle if I wanted the same results.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I filled out the return request form for both my EXPS3-4 and the G23 FTS magnifier. The EXPS is going for $629.99 and the G23 is discontinued but I found it listed for $549.99. That's a grand total of $1,179.98.

After reading all this I am hesitant as well to send it in until people actually start getting checks. What to do, what to do.

I had that thought and what i came up with.. Who knows how long they will approve that shit.. Checks could take well up to a year to actually materialize and by that time they may have stopped accepting the returns or changed how they handled them. Im going to trust Eotech and L3 to either A cut me a check or B. send me a fixed Optic.

I simply cant imagine in any scenario that they just straight up fuck me out of the optic i just sent them.

I can imagine them getting overwhelmed and shutting off the tap or checks taking so long that who knows what happens a year from now.

Yea but I figured I could always sell it somewhere and make something back...if I have it that is. I am building a SBR right now and don't feel like having that kind of coin tied up in limbo. If I can sell that combo for even $800 then I can have my optic of choice on my new "go to" rifle. After that it will be a lot easier for me to come up with $424 for an Aimpoint PRO to sit on the rifle the Eotech shit came off of. In all honesty the only reason I really liked the magnifier was that I could get a better zero. It just made the dot crispier. I never used it after that. I guess I could put my spotting scope behind the rifle if I wanted the same results.

Unless the price just drops to nothing. Its a gamble either way.. Best of luck to all of us :-)

All i know is this shit blows. I loved my eotech. I loved the reticle and i love the site picture.  My aim point is ok. My other sights are ok. but my first love is always my Eotech and its going to blow not having that sum bitch.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Unless the price just drops to nothing. Its a gamble either way.. Best of luck to all of us :-)

All i know is this shit blows. I loved my eotech. I loved the reticle and i love the site picture.  My aim point is ok. My other sights are ok. but my first love is always my Eotech and its going to blow not having that sum bitch.
View Quote

This right here. I got a T-2 to replace the EOTech I sent back... I don't love it. It's just there. A dot. Meh.

That 1 MOA dot and circle... I will miss forever.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#47]
FedEx delivered my 512 and XPS2 yesterday (Thursday) AM, signed for by EEVANS.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:18:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This right here. I got a T-2 to replace the EOTech I sent back... I don't love it. It's just there. A dot. Meh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole experience has had me thinking, "I really wish Eotechs were real!"
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Sent my 552 and 557 off yesterday.

I really like the 1 moa dot. The 2 moa is ok but I dint think a single 1 moa would work without the Circle for close in stuff.

Looking at the Trijicon for one replacement. (MRO)
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What really has me scratching my head is the lack of a real statement by Eotech in light of everything going on. They know that word is getting around and.....crickets. No "we are redesigning the sight to address these issues", no "We want to earn your business and trust back", no nothing. I liked the Eotech

BUT WHAT NEXT?????

A disclaimer added to the back of the box that says " NOTICE: Sight will not hold zero when temperature changes and is not to be used in humid, overly hot, or overly cold weather"
Page / 72
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top