Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to get too dramatic here, but this is the tyrannical govt doing stuff we don't want it to do.
View Quote
Yet look how many "conservatives" here are praising the FDA for "saving them"
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
If there is one thing I've learned its that this place loves themselves some big government
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
@Seraphim So, what is the move now for those who don't want it made illegal?
View Quote
@stone-age, and everyone else who wants to fight this:

I'll talk to one of my contacts in AKA and see what their first coordinated action is. When I hear, I'll post it in this thread so that you guys can stay updated.

In the meantime, I'd check out the reddit kratom forum and see what people are saying...that's a very active place and they keep it updated.

God bless. If we win this ban attempt again, I think it's time for a seedling/sapling Kratom tree distribution program on some level. Aggressive, unusual strategy is the only way to normalize this herb and teach the public that it's not some kind of evil rainforest tree demon that will turn them in to zombies or some shit. Would be kinda hard to ban Kratom if it became as common as any other houseplant...Johnny Appleseed technique. Didn't the book of Revelation in the Bible talk about trees whose leaves would be used for the healing of Nations? Fuck the haters and fuck the cuckold fear-mongers, let's win this. Hell, I've got to win this: there is no second place for people like me.

Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, hold hope: the bleating Drug Warrior sheep are the vocal bitching minority on ARFCOM. They make a lot of noise for such a small group...

As evidenced by the number of PMs that I get from respectable members after posting about Kratom. That is encouraging as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Also, hold hope: the bleating Drug Warrior sheep are the vocal bitching minority on ARFCOM. They make a lot of noise for such a small group...

As evidenced by the number of PMs that I get from respectable members after posting about Kratom. That is encouraging as fuck.
View Quote
A number of polls have confirmed this.   Drug warriors are a vocal small minority.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A number of polls have confirmed this.   Drug warriors are a vocal small minority.
View Quote
You've got that right
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Stop making narcan and the opioid problem will correct itself or at least see a massive reduction.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let's Just Ban Everything
View Quote
... How about we Ban the FDA. .. ?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

... How about we Ban the FDA. .. ?
View Quote
Yes.

MAGA
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A plant placed hear by God .....
View Quote
so was poison ivy
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@stone-age, and everyone else who wants to fight this:

I'll talk to one of my contacts in AKA and see what their first coordinated action is. When I hear, I'll post it in this thread so that you guys can stay updated.

In the meantime, I'd check out the reddit kratom forum and see what people are saying...that's a very active place and they keep it updated.

God bless. If we win this ban attempt again, I think it's time for a seedling/sapling Kratom tree distribution program on some level. Aggressive, unusual strategy is the only way to normalize this herb and teach the public that it's not some kind of evil rainforest tree demon that will turn them in to zombies or some shit. Would be kinda hard to ban Kratom if it became as common as any other houseplant...Johnny Appleseed technique. Didn't the book of Revelation in the Bible talk about trees whose leaves would be used for the healing of Nations? Fuck the haters and fuck the cuckold fear-mongers, let's win this. Hell, I've got to win this: there is no second place for people like me.

I was already thinking along these lines. It seems like these plants grow mostly in hot humid climates. I don't think they would do well where there is winter.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

so was poison ivy
View Quote
Plenty of human vegetable "drug" warriors in this thread, but you don't hear me asking for a ban on dangerous ideology or stupid people.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What are you going to do if/when the govt criminalizes kratom?
View Quote
Suffer. A lot.

And probably become a more hateful person, because of that.

ARFCOM drug warriors are ready to kick down my door right now as I type this- but are they?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Stop making narcan and the opioid problem will correct itself or at least see a massive reduction.
View Quote

Narcan is the EBT and SNAP of the drug war.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think you realize that the drug war has already penetrated your perimeter by way of caffeine alcohol and nicotine, soldier.

Like, deeply penetrated. Almost hit bottom, but it's having a hard time folding the legs over it's shoulders.

Remember that the objective of drug war, is not to get high for the enemy. But to make the enemy get high for you.

Godspeed.

PS- Don't eat ketchup or eggplant, they put the   nicotines there. And for the love of Drug-Hatin' Mohammed, stay away from decaffeinated tea...it's still got traces of the caffeines!
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Plenty of human vegetable "drug" warriors in this thread, but you don't hear me asking for a ban on dangerous ideology or stupid people.
View Quote
perhaps we should
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
PS- Don't eat ketchup or eggplant, they put the   nicotines there. And for the love of Drug-Hatin' Mohammed, stay away from decaffeinated tea...it's still got traces of the caffeines!
View Quote
I bet there's fluoride in there as well. Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?

And in addition to fluoridating water, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone know where to get some of this kratom?

Asking for a friend...
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Asking for a friend...
View Quote
Taunton Bay
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Has someone started a pool on when DEA reclassifies this stuff as schedule 1 in light of this study?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Appears that at this moment it can still be had. Is t his like bump stocks? Up in the air at any moment? Or is there a process to be had?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:55:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Appears that at this moment it can still be had. Is t his like bump stocks? Up in the air at any moment? Or is there a process to be had?
View Quote
Much like if bump stocks suddenly are classified as machine guns and become contraband, if kratom is classified as schedule 1, it becomes contraband.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 6:03:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Asking for a friend...
View Quote
PA Botanicals.  We've been getting it from there for years.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Much like if bump stocks suddenly are classified as machine guns and become contraband, if kratom is classified as schedule 1, it becomes contraband.
View Quote
I dont think it "suddenly" will happen. I think as most things .gov bans it will be; we are making this illegal on such and such date.

I may be wrong though...
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
No shit, Sherlock. Thats the point of preventing a ban. They've tried God-knows how many times, and the last attempt DEA itself backed down from after our campaign.

There were rallies in DC, lobbyists and lawyers hired, a massive public outcry. We knew this was going to happen again and again, simply because there is too much money to be made on the synthetic Kratom alkaloid patent for the pharmaceutical conglomerate that owns it. Unfortunately they won't be able to make a dime on their synthetic Kratom bullshit till people stop using natural Kratom leaf. Enter their use of DEA/FDA to ban it.

As it turns out, we brought one hell of a fight to those faggots and their cuck supporters last time. We kicked ass. And we've got a lot more where that came from.

Corruption doesn't pay in the end. It isn't that hard to be a human being with decency, but if you choose otherwise there is a price for that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No shit, Sherlock. Thats the point of preventing a ban. They've tried God-knows how many times, and the last attempt DEA itself backed down from after our campaign.

There were rallies in DC, lobbyists and lawyers hired, a massive public outcry. We knew this was going to happen again and again, simply because there is too much money to be made on the synthetic Kratom alkaloid patent for the pharmaceutical conglomerate that owns it. Unfortunately they won't be able to make a dime on their synthetic Kratom bullshit till people stop using natural Kratom leaf. Enter their use of DEA/FDA to ban it.

As it turns out, we brought one hell of a fight to those faggots and their cuck supporters last time. We kicked ass. And we've got a lot more where that came from.

Corruption doesn't pay in the end. It isn't that hard to be a human being with decency, but if you choose otherwise there is a price for that.
View Quote
@Seraphim

Let me know where I can donate, or what organization is fighting this.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I dont think it "suddenly" will happen. I think as most things .gov bans it will be; we are making this illegal on such and such date.

I may be wrong though...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may be wrong though...
You are correct. What will likely happen is FDA will publish a notice in the Federal Register of intent to temporarily place kratom into Schedule I. Then they will follow up that notice (likely one month later) with a final order to temporarily place kratom into Schedule I (that notice will take effect immediately). Then they will publish a notice of proposed rulemaking to permanently place kratom into schedule I of the CSA.

The timing from intent to effect is around one month, normally. It can take years before the temporary placement into schedule I becomes a permanent placement into schedule I, but the legal restrictions take effect the moment it is placed into schedule I (regardless of whether temporary or permanent).

It doesn't happen overnight. Users and dealers will have that 30 day period after the publication of an intent to add it to the schedule I to dispose of their inventory.

Here is an example - read the Background section for a good history of one such ruling
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You are correct. What will likely happen is FDA will publish a notice in the Federal Register of intent to temporarily place kratom into Schedule I. Then they will follow up that notice (likely one month later) with a final order to temporarily place kratom into Schedule I (that notice will take effect immediately). Then they will publish a notice of proposed rulemaking to permanently place kratom into schedule I of the CSA.

The timing from intent to effect is around one month, normally. It can take years before the temporary placement into schedule I becomes a permanent placement into schedule I, but the legal restrictions take effect the moment it is placed into schedule I (regardless of whether temporary or permanent).

It doesn't happen overnight. Users and dealers will have that 30 day period after the publication of an intent to add it to the schedule I to dispose of their inventory.

Here is an example - read the Background section for a good history of one such ruling
View Quote
Wrong. FDA will NOT file intent to schedule. That's DEA's job. And they've already backed down on it once because of the backlash.

Where FDA becomes a problem, much like yourself, is when they offer opinions on things that they know nothing about and fear-monger.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@Seraphim

Let me know where I can donate, or what organization is fighting this.
View Quote
Thank you, sir. American Kratom Association is the best thing that we've got going for us...they have a very good legal team and lobbying firm.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Thank you, sir. American Kratom Association is the best thing that we've got going for us...they have a very good legal team and lobbying firm.
View Quote
I can't donate to all the different orgnaizations I want to, so I just pick a couple to "focus my fire" so to speak. AKA is going on the list.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I can't donate to all the different orgnaizations I want to, so I just pick a couple to "focus my fire" so to speak. AKA is going on the list.
View Quote
Same here, brother. And thank you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Ban Narcan.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
so was poison ivy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A plant placed hear by God .....
so was poison ivy
So we should ban poison ivy, too?

Perhaps we should also ban apple trees, cherry trees, asparagus, mango trees, etc.  (All of which contain dangerous toxins)
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here's one that will blow your mind:  Legalize drugs and we won't need as much Narcan because dealers will sell "known qualities."
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Heres a site i found a while back that has whats supposed to have excellent quality with great prices. Herbal rva kratom

I bought some because i heard it may help me sleep but i got sick as a dog eating it. Some people can tolerate opioid or similar drugs but i try not to touch them unless i get severely injured. I threw my bag in the garbage but i understand some people need this stuff.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Heres a site i found a while back that has whats supposed to have excellent quality with great prices. Herbal rva kratom

I bought some because i heard it may help me sleep but i got sick as a dog eating it. Some people can tolerate opioid or similar drugs but i try not to touch them unless i get severely injured. I threw my bag in the garbage but i understand some people need this stuff.
View Quote
How much did you take?  A typical dose is 1-3 grams.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
As I understand it, one of the good things about kratom is that if you take too much you will get sick instead of getting high(er?). So you get sick before you can OD.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 3:44:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

As I understand it, one of the good things about kratom is that if you take too much you will get sick instead of getting high(er?). So you get sick before you can OD.
View Quote
Ive concluded i have a weak stomach. Heck i get sick off of codeine at reccomended prescribed dosages. Just not my cup of (kratom) tea.

Phenibut on the other hand is a legal nootropic i enjoy every now and again though
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't really know shit about Kratom...........if it really does help with chronic pain........what are the downsides that has some people so up in arms to regulate it???
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't really know shit about Kratom...........if it really does help with chronic pain........what are the downsides that has some people so up in arms to regulate it???
View Quote
Follow the money.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Bunch of homeopathism in here.

Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Follow the money.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Follow the money.  
Ah.........so it's like that............geez, how surprising.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Follow the money.  
Honestly, what do you expect?  Read the articles that have been posted as well as the first hand experiences and there doesn't seem to be any real issues with the stuff; the "research" presented by the FDA is full of holes.  I read a bunch of articles on it before trying it; I've taken it once for orthopedic type pain post-op and it didn't really do much but that's just me, apparently it helps a lot of people.  I'd say it's similar to the marijuana issue- no one can deny that there are some proven medical benefits despite a few side effects yet you've got people like Sessions who want to put people in prison for smoking a weed.  Why?  What's accomplished by restricting a plant?  The only thing that makes any sense is that either they're a religious zealot or it's cutting into someone's profit.  Do a google search for how much money is donated to the anti-marijuana movement by both the alcohol and pharmacy industries- I'll let you pick the source but the amounts are reported according to lobbying rules so the numbers are out there.   I wouldn't say it's a conspiracy, the information is certainly out there, it's just good business sense on the part of the pharmacy industry, the alcohol and tobacco industry, the prison industry, the police unions, etc.  They are trying to protect their own interest, unfortunately it's at the cost of our freedom to make our own decisions.  If you oppose it based on your religion well at least that's being honest and I can respect that but personally I don't see imposing my views on others if that view trespasses on their freedoms.  Liberty is a scary thing.

Here's an article from a USA Today affiliate to get you started.  It's about marijuana but the idea is the same and shows that it's being done.  https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/09/08/anti-marijuana-campaigns-biggest-donor-chandler-pharma-company/89981456/

All I'd say is read up on it and form your own opinions.  If you still oppose it that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at least you'll see that there is credibility to folks saying it's a profit driven motive.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Honestly, what do you expect?  Read the articles that have been posted as well as the first hand experiences and there doesn't seem to be any real issues with the stuff; the "research" presented by the FDA is full of holes.  I read a bunch of articles on it before trying it; I've taken it once for orthopedic type pain post-op and it didn't really do much but that's just me, apparently it helps a lot of people.  I'd say it's similar to the marijuana issue- no one can deny that there are some proven medical benefits despite a few side effects yet you've got people like Sessions who want to put people in prison for smoking a weed.  Why?  What's accomplished by restricting a plant?  The only thing that makes any sense is that either they're a religious zealot or it's cutting into someone's profit.  Do a google search for how much money is donated to the anti-marijuana movement by both the alcohol and pharmacy industries- I'll let you pick the source but the amounts are reported according to lobbying rules so the numbers are out there.   I wouldn't say it's a conspiracy, the information is certainly out there, it's just good business sense on the part of the pharmacy industry, the alcohol and tobacco industry, the prison industry, the police unions, etc.  They are trying to protect their own interest, unfortunately it's at the cost of our freedom to make our own decisions.  If you oppose it based on your religion well at least that's being honest and I can respect that but personally I don't see imposing my views on others if that view trespasses on their freedoms.  Liberty is a scary thing.

Here's an article from a USA Today affiliate to get you started.  It's about marijuana but the idea is the same and shows that it's being done.  https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/09/08/anti-marijuana-campaigns-biggest-donor-chandler-pharma-company/89981456/

All I'd say is read up on it and form your own opinions.  If you still oppose it that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but at least you'll see that there is credibility to folks saying it's a profit driven motive.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Follow the money.  

Yup.........you make a good point.

"Follow the money" is oftentimes a VERY safe bet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Follow the money.  
View Quote
Has nothing to do with money. If it was, why would there be panels looking into overprescription of opioids?

The positive feelings and joy we experience doing activities we like is regulated by the opioid receptors. The delta opioid receptors regulate feelings, and mu opioid regulates rewards (source) Start messing with these, and your whole life goes downhill.

Glad its getting banned, f that shit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Has nothing to do with money. If it was, why would there be panels looking into overprescription of opioids?

The positive feelings and joy we experience doing activities we like is regulated by the opioid receptors. The delta opioid receptors regulate feelings, and mu opioid regulates rewards (source) Start messing with these, and your whole life goes downhill.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Follow the money.  

I assume he was saying the pharmaceutical companies are against it and using their VERY powerful influence to get it trashed..............?

What is it about Kratom you hate so much........I don't know shit about it?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I assume he was saying the pharmaceutical companies are against it and using their VERY powerful influence to get it trashed..............?

What is it about Kratom you hate so much........I don't know shit about it?
View Quote
I don't like any mu opioid receptor agonist. They all negatively impact the limbic system, which is tightly regulated to give our lives pleasure and reward.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Follow the money.  

Simple, it's the current boogeyman in a long, long list.  In general terms, people can't or won't accept responsibility for their own actions or the actions of their loved ones* and feel the need to blame someone else.  They complain about how something needs to be done and so your politicians pick it up as an issue to get them public attention, ergo votes.  Do you really think most congressmen genuinely care if people are overdosing?

You're really a ray of sunshine and a bastion of freedom.  

* There is actually more at work here than a simple weakness but you refused to accept that in another thread so why bother addressing it here.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top