BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We don't want to lose him here but this country could really use him, and there is absolutely no contest here.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just about at the point I'd vote for DeSantis over Trump.

We don't want to lose him here but this country could really use him, and there is absolutely no contest here.

We need him to remain Gov of Fla or at best speaker of theyouse. The President is a figurehead that can be marginalized. Look what they did with Trump. He governed by executive fiat.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Good on them. F Disney and their agenda pushing degeneracy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
What the legislature giveth , the legislature can taketh away.    

Now lets see Disney stop giving campaign contributions.   The legislators can just say they are leveling the playing field and making everything fair.  Because of Reedy Creek, Disney can cut through all of the red tape and make things happen much faster than anyone else in the state of Florida.  If you take it away, Disney will have to deal with all of the local politics of not one, but two counties that they sit in.   And Reedy Creek is much more than just an improvement district, it really operates as its on county/city with lots of special powers not given out to any other part of the state.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fixed.
View Quote
no, speaker of the house has more influence over issues than the president.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trump has no chance. DeSantis does. DeSantis also follows through on shit, which Trump rarely did. Except for that whole bump stock thing.

Fuck Disney. My state needs a DeSantis.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This. Trump is mostly a blowhard the delegates off to incompetent bureaucrats and then deflects. DeSantis actually leads and can get shit done while having none of the weaknesses of Trump.

Trump had his shot, he did some good things but mostly was in it for his own benefit.
View Quote
what benefit?
he took a pay cut, was in endless claims of bullshit. Of all the presidents, Trump was under constant fire even before he took the oath and well after he left.  I don't see how he benefited at all.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck Disney.

And fuck Mickey Mouse, too.
View Quote
never support Pedos!

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

As you should
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, but I don't agree.

Be consistent with your ideals.

Government is bad, right?  Freedom of speech is good. Just because you like this governmental action doesn't mean people can't have other opinions. Punishing Disney isn't appropriate.

I'm indifferent on the law. Government is restricting government. If parents want to teach their kids about sex at an early age, this isn't stopping them from talking to their own kids. It should not apply to private schools (I don't know whether it does). But Disney's arrangement is a whole separate thing. If the arrangement needs to be revisited for legitimate reasons, go ahead. This isn't a legitimate reason.
View Quote
Prison bitch logic. They want to diddle your kids and convert them to one or more flavors of perversity, behind your back. This. Is. War.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
what benefit?
he took a pay cut, was in endless claims of bullshit. Of all the presidents, Trump was under constant fire even before he took the oath and well after he left.  I don't see how he benefited at all.
View Quote

Biggest ego trip ever for someone that craves his ego be stroked. I’m not saying Trump doesn’t/didn’t care, he does but he’s either unable or unwilling to fight the system. Maybe no one can but Governors have to actually do shit, DeSantis has a good record of that.

Automatically, Trump has a built-in opposition to the point they’ll do anything. So far, DeSantis doesn’t suffer from that and he damn sure doesn’t commit many if not zero, unforced errors. Hurt feelings or not but his mouth and fingers created a lot of hate and opposition for no reason other than ego stroking.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#13]
It’s currently LGBTQ
Democrats want to add pedos and make it LGBTQP.

That’s why they’re pushing to teach 4 year olds about sex.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Biggest ego trip ever for someone that craves his ego be stroked. I’m not saying Trump doesn’t/didn’t care, he does but he’s either unable or unwilling to fight the system. Maybe no one can but Governors have to actually do shit, DeSantis has a good record of that.

Automatically, Trump has a built-in opposition to the point they’ll do anything. So far, DeSantis doesn’t suffer from that and he damn sure doesn’t commit many if not zero, unforced errors. Hurt feelings or not but his mouth and fingers created a lot of hate and opposition for no reason other than ego stroking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what benefit?

Stop worshiping politicians.  They don’t care about you.  It’s not a football team.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Good fuck Disney.

Make'm hurt...Make'm pay.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
haha...get wrecked Disney

View Quote

Disney ain’t getting wrecked. 3/4 of folks here just gotta watch Mandalorian and ESPN.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It’s currently LGBTQ
Democrats want to add pedos and make it LGBTQP.

That’s why they’re pushing to teach 4 year olds about sex.
View Quote

I believe the government term is MAPs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, but I don’t agree.

Government is bad, right?  Freedom of speech is good. Just because you like this governmental action doesn’t mean people can’t have other opinions. Punishing Disney isn’t appropriate.

I’m indifferent on the law. Government is restricting government. If parents want to teach their kids about sex at an early age, this isn’t stopping them from talking to their own kids. It should not apply to private schools (I don’t know whether it does). But Disney’s arrangement is a whole separate thing. If the arrangement needs to be revisited for legitimate reasons, go ahead. This isn’t a legitimate reason.
View Quote

What would a legitimate reason be?
I'm just following the Alinsky Rules for Radicals handbook. Make your enemy live up to his own rules. The left spent years screeching about Citizens United and how corporations aren't people and don't have any rights...
Fine, those are the rules. Disney doesn't have any rights.

What are the liberals going to do in response? Attack all those companies that support conservatives? They'd do that if there were any left.

As for Disney leaving....pfffffft whatever. Can't happen. Do you have any idea how many billions of dollars and years that would take? Assuming they could buy enough land around anywhere with adequate infrastructure to make it happen.
Read about "The Florida Project" Walt had dozens of shell corporations buying land through all kinds of complicated schemes to pull this off. It would never work again.

There is an old joke in finance.
When you owe the bank a million dollars, you have a problem.
When you owe the bank a 100 million dollars the bank has a problem.

Disney won't give money to Rs, supports Ds like crazy and can't leave.
Explain why we should play nice again?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If the GOP really wants to fuck them, they'd revisit copyright laws.
View Quote

That would be a genius move. It would screw all of Hollywood.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The mouse brings in a shitload of tax revenue.  It keeps Florida property taxes low and without an income tax
View Quote

No. Florida weather and zero income taxes bring in a shitload of tax revenue.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That would be a genius move. It would screw all of Hollywood.
View Quote

They really need to regardless.
I invent a cure for cancer, I can patent it and make money for 7 years.
You make a movie about me curing cancer, you copyright it and make money forever.
A.A. Milne died 54 years ago. Why is Winnie the Pooh still copyrighted? The idea was to benefit the CREATOR not assholes half a century later who had NOTHING to do with it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think he may be the guy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The mouse brings in a shitload of tax revenue.  It keeps Florida property taxes low and without an income tax

Disney isn't closing their honey hole. Even if they have to play by everyone else's rules.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't speak to much of this, but I have been privy to the self-governance of Disney, and other places like NASA, Honeywell, and most large state colleges/universities in regards to commercial life safety (fire alarm, fire sprinkler, etc). To the one, they're all abysmal at system management, improvements, and code-compliant service and inspections. For how much people pay for tickets and such, you would be SHOCKED to know how unsafe, inoperable, and out of code compliance many of the fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems are at Disney World.
View Quote

The inverse is equally true. You'd be shocked at how over regulated fire alarm, sprinkler, ect items are in the USA. Points to NASA, Honeywell, and Disney nothing bad ever happened there! The government is just a bunch of what if safety weiners who try to out do the last person in the office. Meaning all the regulators do is drive the price up needlessly on random ass 1 and a million what ifs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#25]
DO IT AND MORE...bend over that mouse and make it squeak hard
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#26]
He's a scumbag politician and its only a matter of time before the political winds blow in a different direction requiring him to do scumbag politician things that you DON'T like just to stay in power. This is because power is the ONLY fucking thing scumbag politicians care about regardless of whatever he's saying to get you wet today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For you non-Floridians, even talking about this publicly in Tallahassee is a gigantic deal.
View Quote

Ground-shaking, on the state level.

Some Disney folks are shitting themselves right now. Maybe not the highest-level ones yet, but some.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He's a scumbag politician and its only a matter of time before the political winds blow in a different direction requiring him to do scumbag politician things that you DON'T like just to stay in power. This is because power is the ONLY fucking thing scumbag politicians care about regardless of whatever he's saying to get you wet today.
View Quote

Lol you mad bro?  Uh one might say the political winds blew against him multiple times so far and he was middle fingers up

Don’t get pissy because Florida was saved and Texas I get fucked.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, DeSantis is a real piece of shit.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So Disney World is kind of like the Vatican? Seems fitting.

View Quote

Never knew this
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Absolutely. I voted for Trump twice, but DeSantis is the better option. Just would hate to lose his last two years with Florida (yes, assuming he wins this Nov.).
View Quote

Charlie Christ the bitch, will likely win the dem nomination.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#32]
So Disney thinks they will tell the state what to legislate and what to repeal?  

DiSantis should take a wrecking ball to them, no reason for them to have the privilege to self govern.  

He should rip the lid off that can of worms and see what comes out.  I'm pretty sure their self governing is more like a totalitarian state inside the fence and some rich stories will come out after they lose their special status and are just another company operating in Florida.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Want to tell us how you really feel?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Disney can get fucked
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lol you mad bro?  Uh one might say the political winds blew against him multiple times so far and he was middle fingers up

Don't get pissy because Florida was saved and Texas I get fucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not mad at all. I'm just not a niave child and I understand how the real world works.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I would. He'd crush the Dems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would. He'd crush the Dems.

Are GA, AZ, MI, WI and PA running legit elections now?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#37]
If they really want to screw with Disney pass a law requiring entertainment venues that have metal detectors and ban CCW to rebut a presumption that an unarmed plaintiff who otherwise would have been able to lawfully CCW could have defended themselves in a negligent security action.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/florida-republicans-disney-parental-rights/2022/03/31/id/1063699/

Florida Republican lawmakers have met to discuss the repeal of Disney World's self-governing arrangement following the company's criticism of the state's new Parental Rights in Education law.

Disney World was given control over operations such as law enforcement and fire protection in an arrangement that was created to attract the theme park to the state in 1967.

"Yesterday was the 2nd meeting in a week w/fellow legislators to discuss a repeal of the 1967 Reedy Creek Improvement Act, which allows Disney to act as its own government," State Rep. Spencer Roach, R-Lee County, tweeted Wednesday morning. "If Disney wants to embrace woke ideology, it seems fitting that they should be regulated by Orange County."

Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., on Monday signed a bill that forbids instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade.

The Parental Rights in Education bill has drawn intense national scrutiny from critics who claim it marginalizes LGBTQ people.

Supporters say the law, which goes into effect July 1, seeks to shield young children from inappropriate subject matter.

The Walt Disney Company quickly condemned Florida's new law and vowed to fight it.

DeSantis responded Tuesday by saying Walt Disney Company "crossed a line" by announcing its intent to repeal the law.

"For them to say they're going to actively work to repeal substantive protections for parents, as a company that is supposedly marketing its services to parents with young children, I think they crossed the line," DeSantis told reporters.

"This state is governed by the interest of the people of the state of Florida. It is not based on the demands of California corporate executives. They do not run this state; they do not control this state."

Also on Tuesday, City Journal magazine's Christopher Rufo tweeted that he had obtained video from inside Disney's meeting about the new Florida law, during which Executive Producer Latoya Raveneau claims to be regularly "adding queerness" to the company's children's programming.

GOP State Rep. Joe Harding, sponsored the bill. He said he was returning $3,000 in campaign contributions from Disney in light of their position.

The Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID), which created two municipal-like governments, regulates the Lake Buena Vista land where the Walt Disney World Resort operates. It operates its own fire protection, security services, utilities and planning, Florida Politics reported.

The RCID Board of Supervisors is selected by landowners, effectively meaning Disney installs the government regulating the 38.5-square-mile property in Orlando, Florida.
View Quote

Good. When they whine, kick them again. Harder.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Prison bitch logic. They want to diddle your kids and convert them to one or more flavors of perversity, behind your back. This. Is. War.
View Quote

When a wealthy corporation uses its influence to create propaganda promoting the grooming and sexual abuse of children, it is completely righteous, valid, and proper to use of the police power of the state to completely fuck their shit up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Disney is going to get their shit pushed in. Yes, they will like, but that's not the point.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Stop worshiping politicians.  They don’t care about you.  It’s not a football team.  

View Quote

Kinda making my point for me. Someone has to be president in 2024, I’d prefer someone with a chance of being productive and supportive of my political ideology.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I desperately want to make love to desantis.

I wish our governor wasnt such a pussy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm not mad at all. I'm just not a niave child and I understand how the real world works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except your statement has already been proven incorrect….. multiple times.

Covid mandates
Don’t say gay

And others
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn dude sorry they banned talking to kids about sex, find something else to do.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, but I don’t agree.

Government is bad, right?  Freedom of speech is good. Just because you like this governmental action doesn’t mean people can’t have other opinions. Punishing Disney isn’t appropriate.

I’m indifferent on the law. Government is restricting government. If parents want to teach their kids about sex at an early age, this isn’t stopping them from talking to their own kids. It should not apply to private schools (I don’t know whether it does). But Disney’s arrangement is a whole separate thing. If the arrangement needs to be revisited for legitimate reasons, go ahead. This isn’t a legitimate reason.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Found one!

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate that Trump won’t endorse him as a “Godfather” type roll. He’d be a lot more effective behind the scenes with someone he can make friends with and play nice in office than trying to run. They throw everything at him that way.

DeSantis gets 8yrs as well.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Except your statement has already been proven incorrect.. multiple times.

Covid mandates
Don't say gay

And others
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except your statement has already been proven incorrect.. multiple times.

Covid mandates
Don't say gay

And others
That doesn't disprove anything I said. At all.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found one!

https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Chris-Hansen-Take-A-Seat-Meme.jpg
Lol, high brow response.

What percentage of arfcom slurped all over GW's nuts for years? What percentage of arfcom realizes he's just a scumbag politician now? Use your head for something other than a hat rack.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top