Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I like carrying my SOG Trident. Not a knife expert but I like it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spyderco Delica.
View Quote

Or endura.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Small Sabertooth I made.

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Several guys have suggested a Pm2. Op, if you want a beater I have one I'll let go for relatively cheaply.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I am far from a knife snob, so my heathen, unwashed self carries a Kershaw 3/4 Ton.

ETA:

Looks like it’s been discontinued
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Emerson commander
Hinderer xm18

Spyderco Delica
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Lev-R-Lok
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Spyderco Endura 4
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Blur always for edc
View Quote

Love mine  
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Emerson commander
Hinderer xm18
Spyderco Delica
Zero tolerance 770, the one with carbon fiber scales
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#11]
My 3 EDC favorites (non Benchmade)

Also have a couple Benchmades in rotation (all purchased before the debauchery).

Attachment Attached File

SOG s35vn, MKM M390, Spyderco Para 3 M4.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I carry a Benchmade 940-2. Bought one back in I think 2017 at SMKW. Couple years later I wanted to pick up another knife as a spare. Looked at a lot of different options. I didn't like anything more than my 940-2, so I bought the same thing.

https://i.imgur.com/ZN6m7ua.jpg
View Quote
My go to as well. I love that knife.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I have soooo many folders... I've been switching around this week... between 2 different Kershaw assisted openers, and a cold steel tanto point voyager...
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
ZT 0450CF.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you saying you cut the cake with your pocket knife?

Kind of funny you say that, we just recently had our child's first bday party. At one point, I saw my dad pull out his pocket knife to cut some pieces of pizza (it was already sliced, just not good enough apparently).

I've always had an aversion to using my pocket with food though.
View Quote

The only other option was to karate-chop it.

Or try to use a plastic fork.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I was rotating between a ZT350/"Spyderco" Byrd WAVE/ Gerber Tanto 06 and recently bought a Camillus Bushcrafter folder on Amazon on  whim.
The Camillus has been ok, no complaints so far. It was cheap and I'm not too concerned if I lose or break it. It's a little bit thicker in the scales than I would prefer but Ive been too lazy to slim it down yet

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y55DJRW?tag=arfcom00-20

Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Should have tried karate chopping it before you busted out the knife. Lol

I've been rocking this thing for the past few days

Attachment Attached File

A maxamet pm2, a reground lightning elite otf and a reground Kershaw tyrade make up ~95% of my EDC rotation though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I’ve been carrying my Benchmade Axis Lock 710 since they first came out in the 90s. Great knife.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a sebenza on order
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Holy smokes. I checked those out after reading your post. I too am now poor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sirs, I am a poor.

Holy smokes. I checked those out after reading your post. I too am now poor.

In the world of shirogorov I too am also a poor because I only have 3.

Top to bottom
MEFP Ursus
F3NS Ignis
Bio dark
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Snobs
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you saying you cut the cake with your pocket knife?

Kind of funny you say that, we just recently had our child's first bday party. At one point, I saw my dad pull out his pocket knife to cut some pieces of pizza (it was already sliced, just not good enough apparently).

I've always had an aversion to using my pocket knife with food though.
View Quote

I just breathe on mine some then use my shirt to clean it first.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I used to carry beefy hard use knives. Gone the opposite direction these days and prefer sleek, light, and slicey. Currently carrying this Kwaiken OTF but am going to grab the folding flipper model soon too.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm cheap. Kershaw "Blur."
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:31:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Spyderco:
Delica (most days).
Para3
Yojimbo 2
McBee

Boker:
Subcom
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I've really grown to prefer the axis style locks. I don't think I've carried anything else for 15+ years when at some point I carried a push-button auto.

I recently saw a knife on here that really spoke to me, but it was a liner lock. I ordered it from SMKW figuring I'd get used to it. I immediately pretty much hated the liner lock compared to what I'm used to and returned it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:06:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Hard to beat this for a $40.00 spring assisted folder.
I have carried this everyday for a few years and as
an industrial service tech I have abused the hell out of
it and it just keep on working

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:11:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Says the dude who just posted three Shiros
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've really grown to prefer the axis style locks. I don't think I've carried anything else for 15+ years when at some point I carried a push-button auto.

I recently saw a knife on here that really spoke to me, but it was a liner lock. I ordered it from SMKW figuring I'd get used to it. I immediately pretty much hated the liner lock compared to what I'm used to and returned it.
View Quote

Benchmade are democrat supporting anti gunners. It sounds like you might enjoy the hogue Doug Ritter RSK. This is the mini.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:15:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Spyerco Para 3 80% of the time, Spyderco PM 2 15% of the time, and Spyderco Dragonfly the other 5%.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG5874_JPG-2908712.JPG

A maxamet pm2, a reground lightning elite otf and a reground Kershaw tyrade make up ~95% of my EDC rotation though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG5874_JPG-2908712.JPG

I do like a good butterfly knife.

Problem in Virginia is the butterfly is grey area as to whether it can be legally carried concealed.

I’m not seeing many butterflies with a pocket clip to keep it exposed.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

That little mini-cleaver is darling. If it were a couple inches longer…

Two inches longer, and automatic, I would buy THREE!
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Benchmade are democrat supporting anti gunners…

https://i.imgur.com/TW7Cet5.jpg
View Quote

That’s why I only buy FAKE BenchMade.

And, truth be told I buy other fakes too. “Just to try-out the design and concept” before buying the real thing.

For instance, the 9400 Osborne auto.
For my needs, it’s a bit small, and slippery, and requires less-than-ideal positioning of the hand to maintain grip while activating the happy-switch.

$22 “gas station knife”

BenchMade Osbourne 9400 from WISH

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:10:05 AM EDT
[#36]
I couldn't decide between a Cold Steel Tiger Claw and a Buck 110. So, I played Frankenstein on a 110 Slim Pro TRX.  

Custom backspacer and SnaggletoothAL. Does it all. And, most importantly, pops a cold one.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I do like a good butterfly knife.

Problem in Virginia is the butterfly is grey area as to whether it can be legally carried concealed.

I’m not seeing many butterflies with a pocket clip to keep it exposed.
View Quote

The pocket clip was a big selling point of this one for me.

My only other Bali is a Kershaw luchia that has aftermarket handles that don't have a latch or a clip so it's pretty difficult to carry and use as a regular pocket knife. I feel like I have to pay too much attention to it to make sure I don't grab the bite handle when I want to open it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#38]
I love my SOG mini vulcan, I've carried it every day since 2015

This is my favorite though. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like. The classic elegant lines, the curve leading to the fine point tip for precision slicing, the rugged lock back, S30V steel and ebony wood scales. Practical, sensible, reliable, refined, and made right here by our people in the good old USA.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Benchmade are democrat supporting anti gunners. It sounds like you might enjoy the hogue Doug Ritter RSK. This is the mini.  

https://i.imgur.com/TW7Cet5.jpg
View Quote

I have some older Benchmades. Good knives. But for the past ten years I’ve been buying Emersons. Ernest Emerson is a good dude, and like me, a Scot-Irish. Based on his podcasts, I am assuming he is pro 2A and conservative.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/xQgY08k.jpg

This is my favorite though. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like. The classic elegant lines, the curve leading to the fine point tip for precision slicing, the rugged lock back, S30V steel and ebony wood scales. Practical, sensible, refined, and made right here by our people in the good old USA.

https://i.imgur.com/AkFsrNb.jpg
View Quote

And fucking heavy.

It weighs near half a pound.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Last couple years it’s been Boker automatics for me. Good feel and great for EDC use but not a pry-er like some are
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Sebenza
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#43]
My favorite knife one day failed to lock open. I had to duct tape it open to finish my task. Turns out the two little springs on either side of a Benchmade axis lock can break. Evidently one had given away some time in the past, and the other finally broke. Benchmade won't sell the springs so I took it apart and made springs for it, and then I discovered six years of gunk that the design had made impossible to clean out, as the springs are in pockets that can't be accessed. I hunted around for a better knife and ended up with a Spyderco Paramilitary 2. Easy to open, easy to clean, no strange little springs to break, no thumb stud that gets in the way while cutting and sharpening, and the PM2 is made in the USA. As an aside, Spyderco is still run by knife enthusiasts and designers, unlike so many others, and they haven't donated money to radical gun grabbing politicians like Benchmade. They also offer over 30 different steel's unlike all other company's that stick with two or three and make a big deal out of it when they switch. So for the last 15 years I have carried Spyderco's, usually PM2's, now a PM2 in 15v steel.(CPM 15v steel has amazing edge retention) And I have never had any weird little springs break.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is my favorite though. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like. The classic elegant lines, the curve leading to the fine point tip for precision slicing, the rugged lock back, S30V steel and ebony wood scales. Practical, sensible, refined, and made right here by our people in the good old USA.

View Quote

Heavy is good, heavy is reliable...

Curious stamping on that blade, any idea of the year? mine is late 70s, early 80s, and it doesn't have anything stamped on that side of the blade.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I like the Kershaw Blur. Ebay usually has some listed as "blemished" for around $50. I got several and they all look and work perfectly. I have a few different blade profiles and switch up every now and then. Been carrying them for several years without an issue. Hold an edge well and have been good for me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Curious stamping on that blade, any idea of the year? mine is late 70s, early 80s, and it doesn't have anything stamped on that side of the blade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it's heavy but that's why it comes with a nice leather belt pouch.

This one is new production but they brought back the classic style with ebony wood scales and updated the blade to S30V steel. Actually this one was a special edition made with Taylor Guitars ebony fretboard wood. I got it from wally world for less than $60 bucks, I couldn't pass it up. I love the S30V it's tough and sharp, big upgrade over the 420C stainless.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah it's heavy but that's why it comes with a nice leather belt pouch.

This one is new production but they brought back the classic style with ebony wood scales and updated the blade to S30V steel. Actually this one was a special edition made with Taylor Guitars ebony fretboard wood. I got it from wally world for less than $60 bucks, I couldn't pass it up. I love the S30V it's tough and sharp, big upgrade over the 420C stainless.
View Quote

Looks good next to your cell phone holster
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Kershaw Cryo

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Still recommend the 110 Slim Pro, all the nice features of a 110, but a lot less weight and bulk.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#50]
The first post. Love my PM2
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top