Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
yep,

can't have Trump be successful, so got to raise interest rates to kill the economy

edit - feds kept the interest rate at zero to an effective negative interest rate during obama's term, to protect him and hide the recession while bho was in office.

now, they got to raise it through the roof to kill Trump's successful one, where everyone is making money
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yep,

can't have Trump be successful, so got to raise interest rates to kill the economy

edit - feds kept the interest rate at zero to an effective negative interest rate during obama's term, to protect him and hide the recession while bho was in office.

now, they got to raise it through the roof to kill Trump's successful one, where everyone is making money
View Quote
I expected that the fed would do this with Trump in office. I didn't expect them to be this obvious about it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I expected that the fed would do this with Trump in office. I didn't expect them to be this obvious about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yep,

This.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
yep,

View Quote
I legitimately believe that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yep,

View Quote
And Trump can’t stop them because the Dems will soon control the house.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Powell was nominated by Trump....
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, if there is anyone who can make a buck, our pres is the man
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
The Dow was up 350 before this decision was announced.  Now the numbers are turning negative.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol, facts don't matter!
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Dow was up 350 before this decision was announced.  Now the numbers are turning negative.  
View Quote
Up 97 points right now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
yep,

View Quote
Came in to say this. Jugears had the media Federal Reserve and just about everyone else in his pocket. Quite the arsenal to ruin a great country and did quite the job of it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
yep,

View Quote
He should have kept the Democrat Janet Yellen.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad we refinanced a few months ago.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#15]
They floated Obama so the first “Black man” wouldn’t plunge the country into a depression; and now they are making Trump pay the price for Obama’s failed policies.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Obama had zero interest rate.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lol, facts don't matter!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, facts don't matter!
I don't think it is entirely Powells decision.  I may be wrong, but I think it's the FOMC part of the Fed that makes that call.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#18]
The market didn't react as badly as I thought it might, I guess we've been pricing this in for the past month.

It's fine, I'm just shifting over to more debt investments, as I've been doing for the past 3 months.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Be ready for the recession because its coming. Every time the economy is rolling along the Fed pops it.

They popped the dot com and they popped the housing bubble.

Sock your money away because its coming.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Centrally planned economics!

Yay!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#22]
They really are trying to tank the best economy we have had in a very long time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#23]
lol

"Bubbles are good when our guy is in office"
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I always thought the mortgage bubble bursting in 2008 was also market manipulation by communist, democrat sympathizers that got beyond their control.  How convenient, just like this one.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Buy cheap, stack deep.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Powell is speaking
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yah I noticed the market overall was doing great today...then boom RED
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#28]
The US economy has been running on funny money and cheap money for far too long.  Better to eat a 40% correction now, rather than a 70% correction down the road.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I was lucky to get my mortgage at 4.65% back in November. It's into the 5's now
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
yep,

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Of course they did.

They had no choice.  Trump backed them into a corner.  If they had not raised rates, it would have signaled that they had caved to political pressure, and all faith in the system would have been lost.

Perversely, if Trump had been quiet, he might have gotten what he wanted.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I read a financial page commentary that said something akin to "The Fed isn't there to react to loony stock market traders; they're there to keep the ACTUAL economy running smoothly" - and the economy is still doing great, even if the stock market has been pushed down by nervous nellies.
View Quote
Growth has been pushed down as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm REALLY starting to sound like a broken record here.  Once again.

If someone buys a 1-Yr treasury today, they make 2.72%.  Minus annualized inflation as of November of 2.2% = 0.52% real rate of interest.

And that's with the official inflation rate .
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I always thought the mortgage bubble bursting in 2008 was also market manipulation by communist, democrat sympathizers that got beyond their control.  How convenient, just like this one.
View Quote
The mortgage problem started well before that. I was a deputy sheriff back then and part of my job was serving writs on ARM homeowners. I had noticed that things started picking up in 2005 around the time of the gas bullshit, coincidently.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If someone buys a 1-Yr treasury today, they make 2.72%.  Minus annualized inflation as of November of 2.2% = 0.52% real rate of interest.

View Quote
Sure, that's on a instrument with no risk.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Of course they did.

They had no choice.  Trump backed them into a corner.  If they had not raised rates, it would have signaled that they had caved to political pressure, and all faith in the system would have been lost.

View Quote
I agree here completely.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#37]
And now the housing market will crash in the next few months. Not going to say it will be like the bubble burst 10 years ago, but it will definitely decline significantly over the next 6 months. Spring/early summer is a huge real housing sales time and we will know by July 4th just how bad it is.

The economy right now is excellent EXCEPT for the sentiment that people are feeling and hearing from the MSM about how it's all going to come crashing down. So a lot of people react without data, just feelings based on what they heard or think will happen.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can buy TIPS doe
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Deep state sabotage.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#40]
this is what happens when you let  private banks control the currency. the fed is not actually part of the "FED".
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#41]
There was news on the radio this morning about "the coming recession". WTF?

If that happens, it will instantly be labeled as "the Trump Recession", and will be called that 87 millions times in the next two years.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yep,

LOL Powell is Trump's guy.

For the last 5 years of BHO's presidency, GD screamed about how the Fed needed to stop printing money and needed to start slowly raising interest rates.

Now that they have started doing just that, it's some grand conspiracy manufactured to take down Trump.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Campaign Trump needs to come back.

Donald Trump - We Are In A Big Fat Ugly Bubble
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

For the last 5 years of BHO's presidency, GD screamed about how the Fed needed to stop printing money and needed to start slowly raising interest rates.

Now that they have started doing just that, it's some grand conspiracy manufactured to take down Trump.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
yep,

I'm very distrustful of the Federal Reserve. Very distrustful. Maybe more than Congress, maybe the same.

But I don't trust them and do not think they have my best interest in mind, nor the country's.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They floated Obama so the first “Black man” wouldn’t plunge the country into a depression; and now they are making Trump pay the price for Obama’s failed policies.
View Quote
I see it differently.  I see that the FED as RACISTS!!!  Remember the USA lost the 4 AAAA credit raiting (or whatever) while a black man was in office.  They then refused to raise the rates while a black man was in office.  Now that they have a whitey back in office, they feel “comfortable” raising rates.

The FED is clearly racist, and I think a protest is in order.  Spread the word to all your liberal friends.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#46]
A few more rate hikes will squeeze the real estate and new car markets pretty hard.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Campaign Trump needs to come back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru1SQbszOHI
View Quote
Obama in Office:
"You got to raise interest rates, we're going to get another bubble!"

Trump in Office:
"You can't raise interest rates back to normal!!11!!!one!!1"
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There was news on the radio this morning about "the coming recession". WTF?

If that happens, it will instantly be labeled as "the Trump Recession", and will be called that 87 millions times in the next two years.
View Quote
They have been kicking the can a lot longer then I thought they could. Next wave won’t be pretty.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Should've picked Ron Paul.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Of course they did.

View Quote
Obama openly threatened the banks and they kept it at 0.25% for most of his term.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top