Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:55:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not going to quote any particular poster(s) in this thread to avoid violating the CoC, but there are some real shitbagS in GD these days.

Did she break the law? Yes!

Should she have been arrested? Yes!

Should she have been MURDERED. NO!

Apparently the officers behind her with M4s and kitted out didn't feel the need to shoot her. Much less advance from cover to take a kill shot.

But hey, this is America and people are entitled to their despotic opinions.

Somehow firebombing a federal court house with people in it doesn't justify lethal force, but one person with her hands shown to be clear of weapons and climbing through a window in a defenseless co diction warrants being executed.

Even on White House grounds they first attempt to subdue an intruder before opening fire at POINT BLANK range!

Again, she broke the law. She should have been arrested and given her day in court.

If she was a real threat, acting violently, the officers behind her with select fire weapons and in body armor could have handled it.

Make whatever excuses you want, you're full of shit.

That's directed to no person in particular, but if you feel the need to respond to the contrary well I guess it hit home.
View Quote

If they had any integrity they would have issued a statement today that no capitol officers were killed on January 6th. Instead they sat back and allowed a false charade of claims that plural 'officers' were killed defending the capitol.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:57:14 AM EDT
[#2]
If Kevin McCarthy wants to prove his worth he’ll conduct a REAL investigation and if appropriate refer for prosecution. If nothing else we’ll be better informed. Sunshine is the best disinfectant.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 3:13:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If Kevin McCarthy wants to prove his worth he’ll conduct a REAL investigation and if appropriate refer for prosecution. If nothing else we’ll be better informed. Sunshine is the best disinfectant.
View Quote

Your posts are spot on as always, yet I think we both know McCarthy has no worth and will investigate everything but this. Unfortunately this will lose the rest of any traction it may of had at any point.
Oh, and then there was this today Ashli Babbitt's mother was arrested
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 3:19:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This country is so fucked up that I barely recognize it.
View Quote

This is fuckin bullshit
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
She kept crawling through a window after someone with a gun on the inside told her to stop.

Same thing that would happen at my house. She committed suicide.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Last I heard he was cleared, making it justified whether you like it or not.

I will never understand why this site gets their panties in a twist over this particular shooting. It was stupid on her part and her own actions got her killed
View Quote

It was never investigated as a murder or as a justified use of force.  The DOJ "investigated" whether or not it was a Title 42 violation and "didn't find enough evidence to successfully prosecute."

Back in your lane.

*click*
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I will never understand why this site gets their panties in a twist over this particular shooting. It was stupid on her part and her own actions got her killed
View Quote

Agreed 100%.  I'm amazed more capital police didn't shoot protesters that day.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It was never investigated as a murder or as a justified use of force.  The DOJ "investigated" whether or not it was a Title 42 violation and "didn't find enough evidence to successfully prosecute."

Back in your lane.

*click*
View Quote

Some stranger tries to crawl through your window. You are armed and tell them they must stop.
They ignore you and keep coming.
What happens next?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Some stranger tries to crawl through your window. You are armed and tell them they must stop.
What happens next?
View Quote
Did Byrd tell her to stop? Or did he just pop out and shoot? I don't recall him saying anything. If you know this for a fact, show your work.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#10]
It's kind of a shame he didn't get a visit from Tom Hagan while he was there.    

Godfather reference if you're not aware.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did Byrd tell her to stop? Or did he just pop out and shoot? I don't recall him saying anything. If you know this for a fact, show your work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happens next?

Because climbing through the broken window gave her no clues that she should stop?
Would you check with the perp to make sure that they properly understood the instructions you were giving?

Sometimes stupid is a fatal disease. She had it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
She kept crawling through a window after someone with a gun on the inside told her to stop.

View Quote

Tell me more 22er
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Tell me more 22er
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me more 22er

Do what she did and someone will instruct you, sooner or later.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Because climbing through the broken window gave her no clues that she should stop?
Would you check with the perp to make sure that they properly understood the instructions you were giving?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happens next?

Did Byrd tell her to stop?  There was no immediate threat. You are trolling (as usual)
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Tell me more 22er
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me more 22er

Attaching a join date to this conversation is silly.  Look around.  There are several old join dates with the same opinion.

People have different opinions.   Would you have crawled through that window?  Personally, I would have never left the sidewalk.

I don't cheer for her death, but I'm not surprised by it either.

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did Byrd tell her to stop?  There was no immediate threat. You are trolling (as usual)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happens next?

How anyone can look at the footage and say there was no threat, baffles me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is a useful thread - I got two clicks out of it.
View Quote

I only got one...the other one was already clicked...
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Personal home v, capital building
Kinda maybe the same but not really
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

How is it different from a self defense position?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You didn't answer the question. Suppose a mob broke your window and somebody started crawling through.
What happens next?
What happens if they don't hear your warning?

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

The real point is that they are all in favor of the threat. They are for the violent overthrow of the US Govt to install one man as king.
Just ask them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why didn't the full kitted cops behind her stop her if she was such a threat? Is that the standard now, a 100 pound woman is coming at you so its green light for lethal force with no warning to stop? Why didn't he just grab her and pull her through and cuff her? Is there testimony where Byrd clearly articulates his fear for his life and the life of the other better armed men that he needed to take action with no warning, popping out like a Cuckoo clock bird and shooting her?  Any other time this cop would have been fried.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Odd then that nobody shot the protestors trying to burn down an occupied federal court house.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a useful thread - I got two clicks out of it.

You realize the grey bar works both ways?  It's kinda cool really.

If someone doesn't want to hear my opinion, it also saves me from listening to theirs.  

Click on, click on.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

One protector of the capital raised his weapon at an unarmed citizen whose posture did not suggest a threat.
Why were no other people shot by this officer?
Why did no others raise their weapons?
It appears to be a mistake by the shooter that in my mind rises to some level of a crime.

Shooting an unarmed citizen in a non-threatening posture in the capital building is not about an oath to protect the U.S.
It is not how he was likely trained to deal with an unarmed person.
This is a tragedy on both sides.

A transparent investigation would have been very helpful in answering some of these questions.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You didn't answer the question. Suppose a mob broke your window and somebody started crawling through.
What happens next?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happens next?

Neither did you. Your style of trolling is transparent. You never answer any questions, you just keep moving the goal posts getting further and further into the weeds.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#28]
#fedhero
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why didn't the full kitted cops behind her stop her if she was such a threat? Is that the standard now, a 100 pound woman is coming at you so its green light for lethal force with no warning to stop? Why didn't he just grab her and pull her through and cuff her? Is there testimony where Byrd clearly articulates his fear for his life and the life of the other better armed men that he needed to take action with no warning, popping out like a Cuckoo clock bird and shooting her?  Any other time this cop would have been fried.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they did want this to happen.  I don't doubt that one bit.  

Everyone was played.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Good thing your opinion matters for exactly zilch in legal proceedings. As others have posted, even in my home, let alone a government building, that’s a good shoot all day long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it was unjustified.

A corrupt system does not make it justified anymore than the nazis.

Good thing your opinion matters for exactly zilch in legal proceedings. As others have posted, even in my home, let alone a government building, that’s a good shoot all day long.

Two different situations.
Person defending one’s home v. A trained experienced officer protecting something are not similar situations.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Because they did want this to happen.  I don't doubt that one bit.  

Everyone was played.
View Quote
On this we agree. It went exactly as planned/hoped. I don't think Babbit was the specific target, just that someone, a MAGA protester, was going to be killed that day.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Colorado law says if someone makes illegal entry into my home and I feel they may do me harm, no matter how slight, deadly force is authorized. Now add that to a secure building, housing our nations government. Like it or not, I’d have a very hard time calling it unjustified and guess what, it was indeed deemed justified.

Not evil, just logical. Take a step back from your anger and look at the situation through emotionless lenses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not its not, you are lying.

Are you evil?

Colorado law says if someone makes illegal entry into my home and I feel they may do me harm, no matter how slight, deadly force is authorized. Now add that to a secure building, housing our nations government. Like it or not, I’d have a very hard time calling it unjustified and guess what, it was indeed deemed justified.

Not evil, just logical. Take a step back from your anger and look at the situation through emotionless lenses.

You have stated the very difference in these two situations.
It may not seem like much, but defending one’s home is different from one’s job of defending the something.
A trained officer should not be using deadly force in this situation.
Unarmed
Non-threatening posture
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Neither did you. Your style of trolling is transparent. You never answer any questions, you just keep moving the goal posts getting further and further into the weeds.
View Quote

OK. I don't know if he gave her a warning. I don't know if she heard it.
In either case, it would be irrelevant with a mob and a broken window.

Now you answer the question. What would happen at your house?

The truth is that you don't care if she was in the process of trying to overthrow the government. Therefore, there is an excuse for anything. Right?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Two different situations.
Person defending one’s home v. A trained experienced officer protecting something are not similar situations.
View Quote

A screaming mob breaking windows is one clue of danger. There might be others.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It may not seem like much, but defending one’s home is different from one’s job of defending the something.
Unarmed
Non-threatening posture
View Quote

Screaming mob, breaking windows, climbing through the broken window.

Anyone who does that is too stupid to live.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#36]
If it was up to me, the National Guard would have been shooting everyone running out of the stores, or setting fires during the BLM riots.  

If it was up to me, people blocking the road in protest should be run over without regard.  

If it was up to me, you want to protest, do it legally.  Stay on the sidewalk.

I don't care what your cause is, or which side you're on.  I will favor self defense and protection of property every time.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In its complaint, Judicial Watch explained to the court that it had asked all three government agencies for all records relating to the billeting of Byrd at Joint Base Andrews during the period from January 6, 2021, to July 2022, including authorization papers, housing, meals, transportation, and visitor logs.

The documents show that Lieutenant Byrd and a pet stayed in a "Distinguished Visitor Suite" at the "Presidential Inn" (part of Air Force Inns) under a "Capitol Police Presidential Inn Reservation" for the period July 8, 2021, through January 28, 2022.

Judicial Watch was informed by a representative at Joint Base Andrews that a "Distinguished Visitor Suite" is typically reserved for officers at the rank of O-7 (Brigadier General or higher.).
View Quote

https://www.judicialwatch.org/taxpayer-dollars-spent-to-house-ashli-babbitt-shooter/
View Quote

Why two sets of dates? One that he stayed there before the shooting, and a second after the shooting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm going to add this.

I wonder if the capital police letting people inside during all this would have been a factor in a "real" trial?

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And in California you'd go to prison for it.

GD was cheering this just last night.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Boyfriend-gets-shot-forcing-himself-into-home--/5-2614125/?page=1

Man, you can't shut the fuck up can you?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What happens next?
View Quote

Is it a little girl with 2 cops beside her on the other side? Am I standing with 6 armed men also?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

One protector of the capital raised his weapon at an unarmed citizen whose posture did not suggest a threat.
It appears to be a mistake by the shooter that in my mind rises to some level of a crime.

Shooting an unarmed citizen in a non-threatening posture in the capital building is not about an oath to protect the U.S.

A transparent investigation would have been very helpful in answering some of these questions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree fully that LE in general needs to be more transparent, especially with shooting investigations.

Again, although other officers with different vantages, training, experiences, etc may not have perceived a threat this one apparently did. All of that has weight in a UOF investigation
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If it was up to me, the National Guard would have been shooting everyone running out of the stores, or setting fires during the BLM riots.  

If it was up to me, people blocking the road in protest should be run over without regard.  

If it was up to me, you want to protest, do it legally.  Stay on the sidewalk.

I don't care what your cause is, or which side you're on.  I will favor self defense and protection of property every time.  
View Quote

I did Nazi that coming.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Why two sets of dates? One that he stayed there before the shooting, and a second after the shooting.
View Quote

what set of dates shows he stayed there before?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

OK. I don't know if he gave her a warning. I don't know if she heard it.
In either case, it would be irrelevant with a mob and a broken window.

Now you answer the question. What would happen at your house?

The truth is that you don't care if she was in the process of trying to overthrow the government. Therefore, there is an excuse for anything. Right?
View Quote
Castle doctrine in California. If someone is breaking into my home, I have the expectation of danger to myself. My home is different than a public building. The rules for deadly force for police are very different. They need to articulate a clear fear for their life as well as show that other means failed before pulling the trigger, if time allows. In most police shootings involving a clearly unarmed person often meets with prosecution, not awards and accolades.
ETA: Police around the country exercised a great deal of restraint by not shooting random people during the riots when, in my opinion, they had every right to. Why?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Unarmed
Non-threatening posture
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not its not, you are lying.

Are you evil?

Unarmed
Non-threatening posture

I disagree. I can absolutely see how one could see a mob breaking down barriers, seemingly in an effort to get to politicians or secure materials to be a threat. We have and always will have “deadly force authorized beyond this point” lines in the sand. Whether it’s secure military installations or nuclear facilities, like it or not they exist.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This country is so fucked up that I barely recognize it.
View Quote
until FJB is gone nothing will change because the MSM will never report on the corruption or the incompetence of the entire FJB family.

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And in California you'd go to prison for it.

GD was cheering this just last night.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Boyfriend-gets-shot-forcing-himself-into-home--/5-2614125/?page=1

It only stings because you know it's true.

Use that button, you paid for it.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Castle doctrine in California. If someone is breaking into my home, I have the expectation of danger to myself. My home is different than a public building. The rules for deadly force for police are very different. They need to articulate a clear fear for their life as well as show that other means failed before pulling the trigger, if time allows. In most police shootings involving a clearly unarmed person often meets with prosecution, not awards and accolades.
View Quote

How about if there is a mob screaming "Hang Mike Pence" trying to break down the doors, they have broken a window, and a member of the mob is trying to crawl through the window?

Would you support the overthrow of the US Govt if Trump did it?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#49]
I lived about a 3 minute walk away from the Presidential Inn at JB Andrews up until this past summer.

Wish I'd have known he was staying there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How about if there is a mob screaming "Hang Mike Pence" trying to break down the doors, they have broken a window, and a member of the mob is trying to crawl through the window?

Would you support the overthrow of the US Govt if Trump did it?
View Quote

You're not very good at this. You should ask your supervisor for more training. I'm sure you can get some overtime pay.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top