Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to laugh my ass off if the die hard Trump supporters have to thank Paul Ryan for killing an AWB.
View Quote
You know.....maybe he is falling on the political grenade since he knows Republicans will shoot it down. Meanwhile, we get pissed at Trump but thankful for the Republicans in the House and Congress shooting "it" down and we create a Republican blowout during midterms. Its the equivalent of your buddy fucking a fat chick so you can fuck her hot best friend. I'm grasping straws here, I know.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don’t think he cares, he should be riding a wave of positive economic sentiment and will easily trade the lost NRA votes for a larger swell of votes because he passed a ban.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That picture is going to be a game changer come next election cycle.
First president to switch parties and win a second term?

He will be beloved of Hollywood and all media a great boon if you are in the entertainment and hospitality business and want to be a media
personality after you leave office.
I don’t think he cares, he should be riding a wave of positive economic sentiment and will easily trade the lost NRA votes for a larger swell of votes because he passed a ban.
The notion that he will gain one net vote is Trump-level insane.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#3]
He's definitely selling out.  Goal is to comment on every thread like this
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That picture is going to be a game changer come next election cycle.
View Quote
First thing I thought.
looks like he's selling us right up the river
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The notion that he will gain one net vote is Trump-level insane.
View Quote
This. Not one Democrat is going to vote for Trump because he passed a gun ban. They'll just laugh at us while they pull the lever for the Democrat.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Harvey Milk should have cleaned out that fucking building.
View Quote
how, buy giving everybody teh aids before he was killed?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And bush knew that it would never show up on his desk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, remember that after the Clinton AWB expired that GWB said he supported the Clinton AWB and that he would sign it if it got to his desk.
and this will? lol.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#9]
One thing I’ve learned from watching Trump.  He has a way of exposing the left for what it really is.

I predict republicans in a landslide in the mid terms over this .
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mueller finally found the dirt and AWB and other Dem priorities is the cost to keep it from going public?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck is going on with Trump?
Mueller finally found the dirt and AWB and other Dem priorities is the cost to keep it from going public?
I kind of think it's the same thing as health care vote and more recently, daca vote.  I was against the health care vote a few months ago because I want the Democrats to own that issue of course we were all against DACA and so now my best guess is Trump is trying to talk this up just like the other two knowing it will never pass
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Honestly this looks like pandering to get them to shut up and then nothing.  But we'll see.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Trump is starting to scare me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We either got bamboozled or they have something on him

He seemed to change after the white powder thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We either got bamboozled or they have something on him

He seemed to change after the white powder thing
No offense, but are you fucking serious?

I sympathized with all the people who voted Trump because Trump was not Hillary.  And we don;t know what's going to happen.  And as far as the Second Amendment Trump's appointment of Gorush and other conservatives to the federal bench may be benefits.  (The counterargument is if Hillary had won we'd be almost assured congress would stay Republican).

Every time over the last 18 months that somebody pointed out Trump has no ideology or that Trump has basically fucked over everybody he ever made an agreement with it was "Sorry your girl lost" "Maga!" "5426D chess!" "Swamp people!" or all the other silly BS.   Yes, he might have been the only one that could have beaten the Hilldawg but this is kind of pathetically comical.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I read all of the comments on ARFCOM before actually watching the video (MISTAKE).

I am not a Trump fan boy (I did vote for him and am glad he won),  but I've got to say the worst part of the deal was the whole "take them then due process."  - that's BS and he looked stupid suggesting it.

He NEVER said he would support or sign an AWB.

He NEVER said he wanted UBCs

He clearly stated he wanted a STRONG bill that addressed backgrounds (Fix NICS).

He clearly thinks buying rifles and pistols should both be 21.

He doesn't like bump toys

That's it.

I don't like it one bit the he even gave these commies the forum, but good lord you guys can really are chicken little.  This is a nothingburger.

Everything else was a bunch of "You guys figure it out" and political theater.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#15]
This has to be some kind of 4f move, gotta be.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One thing I’ve learned from watching Trump.  He has a way of exposing the left for what it really is.

I predict republicans in a landslide in the mid terms over this .
View Quote
Who did we learn more about today, Feinstein or Trump?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Not sure that dust farm still gets squishy. Not sure I want to associate that hag with anything squishy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#18]
What the mother fuck ???
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You’re right, I should have voted for hillary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The duck that walked like a duck all his life, convinced you all for two years that he was a kitten, is still walking like a duck.
Turns out, you did.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Do the dumbacrats remember the fallout from the last AWB?  Obviously they do not and DJT is wading into dangerous water.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He clearly stated he wanted a STRONG bill that addressed backgrounds (Fix NICS).

He clearly thinks buying rifles and pistols should both be 21.

He doesn't like bump toys

That's it.

I don't like it one bit the he even gave these commies the forum, but good lord you guys can really are chicken little. This is a nothingburger.
View Quote
He called on mental health laws that took guns first and figure out if they should have them later.

He also agree with some female Senator and Feinstein chimed in about "domestic situations" telling them both to make sure it was in the bill.

Someone's g/f gets mad, calls the cops and said the b/f threatened her.  *BAM* his guns are gone.  He can fight in court later to try to get them back.

You call that a nothingburger?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Trump has to know he will be primaried and most likely be a one term president if he signs an AWB.  If Trump is going to trade an AWB for arming teachers that is still going to cost him his second term.

And why support raising the age to 21 to by an AR15 if the are including an AWB?  That also makes no sense.

So we are either being royally sold out, or Trump is doing his DACA playbook thing for the media - knowing it won't reach his desk.

I have faith in a large majority of the republican controlled house stopping an AWB.  Especially after gun owners start contacting them.  And to be honest, I suspected Trump would be shakey on the 2nd amendment - just not sell us out shakey.
View Quote
That is a good point
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do the dumbacrats remember the fallout from the last AWB?  Obviously they do not and DJT is wading into dangerous water.
View Quote
Trump made a severe miscalculation bragging on TV "I don't need the NRA".
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Turns out, you did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The duck that walked like a duck all his life, convinced you all for two years that he was a kitten, is still walking like a duck.
Turns out, you did.
There needs to be a mushroom cloud emoji.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Honestly this looks like pandering to get them to shut up and then nothing.  But we'll see.
View Quote
He does have a track record of doing exactly this.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT MANCHIN. If an AWB passes that means an AWB PASSED
View Quote
Joe Manchin cares about Joe Manchin. He wants to stay in the Senate or go back to the Governor's Mansion. If he signs onto any AWB, he's toast in WV and knows it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The more she adds the less likely it is to pass out of committee......Much less pass the House when/if it gets there.

Maybe Trump learned something about "poison pills" from Ted Cruz.  
View Quote
Between Trump calling for gun control and you giving props to Ted Cruz it’s like the whole world has gone crazy
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#28]
from the news video, trump actually worried about this fucking bill not passing, said adding the domestic abuse thing in the bill, it won't pass
wtf, that tells us which side he is really on, what a joke
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#29]
He's expected to play rope-a-dope with the Democrats and knock them down for the count, which basically means that a certain subset of Arfcommers will be fooled as well. Just because one is staunchly pro-2nd, doesn't mean they're the brightest bulb in the shack.

Of course, I could be the dim bulb. We'll see...
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#30]
This is the danger of electing a populist and not a true conservative.  Everything he does is not a 4d chess strategy.  Sometimes it's just a matter of which way the wind is blowing.  I like a lot of what he has done since he's been in office, but in the the end I am a one issue voter and vote for the lesser of evils on 2A.  It didn't take long for him to cave this time, so even if no new legislation gets passed, the left knows that they have leverage with the next incident.  Unfortunately, he will probably be the lesser of evils in 20.  I can't imagine who the Dems would trot out that wouldn't be worse.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's a complete fuckwit, or hadn't you noticed?  The guy actually seems to think saying this won't upset people who voted for him!
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That is a good point
View Quote
They want to raise the age to 21 for ALL rifle purchases...not just AR15's.  AR's would then be covered by the AWB.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is what I was asking on page one, and I hope how Trump feels as well.

Hopefully Trump is pandering to the left and its followers, knowing that this bill will never show up on his desk.

If so, it sounds like a win-win to me, but sounds like it has the chance to bite him in the ass also.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
My sense is he thinks he's not getting anything done, so now he thinks making deals is the way to get things done.

That and the last person to talk with him is the person he agrees with.  Good business man. Poor national leader.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This has to be some kind of 4f move, gotta be.....
View Quote
Occam's razor would indicate otherwise.  Trump may be smart, but he obviously doesn't understand the 2A crowd.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Democrats NEVER EVER give on anything willingly. Why give them ANYTHING?  
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
They don't care because they play the long game. It's perfectly fine to lose the House, and maybe even the Senate and White House for a few terms to get something they want now, something they know will NEVER be repealed and will have no Sunset Date this time.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This board is getting as bad as it was during the election.  Fuck facts, my feelings are hurt so I don't care what is real or not.

If Trump gave Feinstein the go ahead to include an AW Ban then why at the very end of the meeting is she asking Trump "what do we do about these weapons of war" and goes on to talk about people buying AR15s?

Here is a direct link to the full video with her comment at the very end. She wouldn't be asking that question if she had already been given the go ahead for an AW Ban and Trump wouldn't have blown her off telling her to talk to the other Senators about it.
https://youtu.be/gjrWRDKKSCQ?t=1h1m59s
View Quote
Hear Hear

Surprise! the full video isn't worth flipping out over

If anything, Trump comes across as not even knowing what Feinstein has been trying to pull since forever.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Occam's razor would indicate otherwise.  Trump may be smart, but he obviously doesn't understand the 2A crowd.
View Quote
I'm impressed with your reference to Occam's Razor.

"Look we got to be really powerful and strong on background checks when it comes to weapons like Occam's Razor . . ."
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is it possible that he wants so many ridiculous things added to the bill in order to increase the likelihood of the senate not passing it?

Kind of like someone getting charged with murder when it was only manslaughter, that the case has a higher chance of being dismissed kind of thing?
View Quote
Concealed carry reciprocity was brought up twice in the meeting and Trump said both times he's for it and that it should be a separate bill, that if it was added people like Feinstein would not vote for the package.. me personally that's all the more reason to add it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Concealed carry reciprocity was brought up twice in the meeting and Trump said both times he's for it and that it should be a separate bill, that if it was added people like Feinstein would not vote for the package.. me personally that's all the more reason to add it.
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're absolutely right, and if Trump was really 5 moves ahead of everyone in that room, he would have insisted that CC be in the proposal.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

First thing I thought.
looks like he's selling us right up the river
View Quote
You're up a creek without a paddle
You get sold down the river
Water under a bridge and over a dam
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You're up a creek without a paddle
You get sold down the river
Water under a bridge and over a dam
View Quote
Dust in the wind
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Republican base needs to be stirred up for the General, that cackling cunt pushing gun control will save a seat or two and cost the Dems seats.
View Quote
Bullshit.  Republicans will be discouraged by the obvious truth that neither party can be trusted.  People in RINO districts will stay home.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

how, buy giving everybody teh aids before he was killed?
View Quote
Yeah, got my names fucked up. I'm pissed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If a new AWB passes and Manchin's name is anywhere close to it, there is no way he wins in Nov.
View Quote
So we trade a RINO for a Democrat.  Same same.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You're absolutely right, and if Trump was really 5 moves ahead of everyone in that room, he would have insisted that CC be in the proposal.
View Quote
Unless he knows this will fail anyways, and wants to get CC passed separately.

I doubt that is the case here, but just thinking.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hopefully its a head fake like the immigration meeting where he seemed to agree and then exposed. We'll see. I doubt he is stupid enough to flush his career down the toilet.
View Quote
He just gave a ton of momentum to gun grabbers on the Federal and State level.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top