Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
He is making sure it doesn't pass. He tricked her into poisoning the bill.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm afraid he's going to do a poison pill like he did with the immigration bill. The problem is, one of these times he's going to do a poison pill and the Democrats are going to call him on his bluff. Then, we are proper fucked.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Concealed carry reciprocity was brought up twice in the meeting and Trump said both times he's for it and that it should be a separate bill, that if it was added people like Feinstein would not vote for the package.. me personally that's all the more reason to add it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it possible that he wants so many ridiculous things added to the bill in order to increase the likelihood of the senate not passing it?

Kind of like someone getting charged with murder when it was only manslaughter, that the case has a higher chance of being dismissed kind of thing?
Concealed carry reciprocity was brought up twice in the meeting and Trump said both times he's for it and that it should be a separate bill, that if it was added people like Feinstein would not vote for the package.. me personally that's all the more reason to add it.
Now that is interesting.

Maybe he knows the votes of feinstein and people like her don't matter, and he wants concealed carry reciprocity to be a separate bill in hopes of it having a chance of passing?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Oh look! Another thread of people jumping off a cliff with no actual bill even on paper.  Lol
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You're absolutely right, and if Trump was really 5 moves ahead of everyone in that room, he would have insisted that CC be in the proposal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're absolutely right, and if Trump was really 5 moves ahead of everyone in that room, he would have insisted that CC be in the proposal.
Why? If he really wants it killed why do we care? If he adds it to a bill that he wants killed it would indicate that he really doesn't want nation wide reciprocity.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's what I'm hoping for, though my pessimistic side doesn't think the dems are that damn dumb.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hopefully its a head fake like the immigration meeting where he seemed to agree and then exposed. We'll see. I doubt he is stupid enough to flush his career down the toilet.
View Quote
You panicky idiots need to remember this. Calm down a bit and vote like a retard on a drum for repubs and other conservative candidates.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
He needs to appear as not the right hand of the NRA.  Easy to do most of the time.  Takes a little effort at others.  He's not trying to influence progressives, just moderates.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Our reality is still not as bad as one where Hillary Clinton is president, but that's sort of feeling like being raped by only one gorilla is better than being raped by a pack of gorillas and then eaten by a pride of lions. Either way, you're gonna get raped.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Ironically, both Feinstein and Trump were CCW permit holders actually.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh look! Another thread of people jumping off a cliff with no actual bill even on paper.  Lol
View Quote
There is more to the story than just the end result.  I'll be relieved if nothing happens, but he is still doing damage to the 2A.

Words have meaning. Especially when you're the President of the United States.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What the fuck is going on with Trump?
View Quote
I think he's become giddy with the monarchy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hope so.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/RdqgTwu.jpg

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-dianne-feinstein-erupt-with-glee-after-trump-seems-to-endorse-her-assault-weapons-ban/

President Donald Trump held a stunning televised meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers on Wednesday, and signaled he was open a series of gun control measures in a move that left Democrats beaming and Republicans stunned.

The freewheeling meeting, broadcast live from the Cabinet Room, featured Trump embracing gun control legislation from expanded background checks to restricting gun sales to young adults.

Perhaps most remarkably, Trump even made a comment that sent Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the Democrat from California, into a fit of joy.

“Dianne if you could add what you have also – and I think you can — into the bill,” Trump then suggested.

Well, as it turns out what Feinstein has is a ban assault weapons — a proposal that is anathema to Republican lawmakers and the NRA.

Feinstein’s response was positively giddy, and the Democrat pointed at Manchin and joked “Joe are you ready?”

“Joe can you do that?” Trump asked. “Can you add some of the things. I’ll help. Can you add what Amy and what Dianne have?”

“I’m going to say this,” Trump continued. “We’re going to get it passed.”
View Quote
Well, we mere mortals can not hope to understand where Trump is headed with this 4D chess moves.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.  Amiright?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He just gave a ton of momentum to gun grabbers on the Federal and State level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully its a head fake like the immigration meeting where he seemed to agree and then exposed. We'll see. I doubt he is stupid enough to flush his career down the toilet.
He just gave a ton of momentum to gun grabbers on the Federal and State level.
that is what pisses me off, Trump is so busy negotiating at the federal level that he forgets he's using the Bully Pulpit to create shitstorms at the state level...

I'm trying to figure out if Trump is playing 23D Underwater Chess by winning over congressional Democrats while knowing the bill won't pass, which makes the Republicans look obstructionist heading into 2018 elections, or whether he's like "fuckit, let's get something done on guns!"
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm going with this. Trump plays politics in a way we have not seen before. With that said he is playing with fire.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it possible that he wants so many ridiculous things added to the bill in order to increase the likelihood of the senate not passing it?

Kind of like someone getting charged with murder when it was only manslaughter, that the case has a higher chance of being dismissed kind of thing?
I hope this was a not so subtle instruction to use reciprocity to kill the ban bill.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I think we're all missing the bigger picture here. If an all out ban on semiautos pass, there's no worrying about the next election-it's go time. Time to find out if America is worth fighting for and dieing for against the communists shit guzzlers who have led us to this day.

So bad news? America will (and should) be ripped into a civil war.

Good news? We get to dance with the commies, antifa and all these other loons and find out once and for all who has the it in them to win the war for America.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not hoping for this day. But this day is inevitable.

Either America is worth fighting for or it's not.

I know my mind is made up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Who did we learn more about today, Feinstein or Trump?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One thing I’ve learned from watching Trump.  He has a way of exposing the left for what it really is.

I predict republicans in a landslide in the mid terms over this .
No offense, but that is silly to compare. You could read that ladies entire book in 20 minutes.  You will be learning new things about DJT for some time to come in my opinion. He is not very easily understood/read, but at the end he is  always heavily favored and comes out on top.

I enjoy these events like today. There is a room full of political hacks and one person in the room handing out rope.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We either got bamboozled or they have something on him

He seemed to change after the white powder thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck is going on with Trump?
We either got bamboozled or they have something on him

He seemed to change after the white powder thing
You got bamboozled.  We told you that he had no core convictions.  The man flipped back and forth between Democrat, Republican and "Other" several times over a decade.  It was obvious to anyone who bothered to pay attention.  Several of us described this exact scenario about what was likely to happen if there was a school shooting on Trump's watch.  And damned if we didn't call it.  You just would not listen.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No offense, but that is silly to compare. You could read that ladies entire book in 20 minutes.  You will be learning new things about DJT for some time to come in my opinion. He is not very easily understood/read, but at the end he is  always heavily favored and comes out on top.

I enjoy these events like today. There is a room full of political hacks and one person in the room handing out rope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One thing I’ve learned from watching Trump.  He has a way of exposing the left for what it really is.

Epic rationalization.

Today Walmart banned sales of firearms to under 21. Thanks Trump.

Keep giving the banners momentum against the NRA and gun rights.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Career? Dude is a billionaire and not taking salary for his current position. This is not about a career or $ for him.

Fortunately he and feinstein can't legislate by themselves, but the amount of rinos wandering around is a concern.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm going with this. Trump plays politics in a way we have not seen before. With that said he is playing with fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geezus you guys will not let go of the 4D chess fantasy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think we're all missing the bigger picture here. If an all out ban on semiautos pass, there's no worrying about the next election-it's go time. Time to find out if America is worth fighting for and dieing for against the communists shit guzzlers who have led us to this day.

So bad news? America will (and should) be ripped into a civil war.

Good news? We get to dance with the commies, antifa and all these other loons and find out once and for all who has the it in them to win the war for America.
View Quote
pretty much this.

Even if it's a lower-impact ban as in "No more new sales of mag-fed semi-autos, plus register what you currently have," there will be MASSIVE noncompliance plus massive public defiance with "come and get them."

The federal government simply cannot and will not ignore that without opening itself up to mockery and disobedience in ALL other aspects of its power -- taxes, immigration (hell, we're already there), you name it.

So, this would set the stage for an inevitable violent confrontation between gun owners and the Federal govt.  What that looks like, I don't know.  I doubt battalions of 50-year-old gun owners will march on Federal forces in set-piece battles.  But you could see the birth of a homegrown intifada against all federal employees, Unintended-Consequences-style.

TL;DR = Trump is playing with fire.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We must be in that movie they live!
View Quote
YES!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Holy crap reading this, written by a Never Trumper (Sasse), makes me realize how much damage Trump has done to himself in the past couple weeks.

Who the blank is advising him?

Ivanka? If so, she should go back to shopping with Chelsea and being a spoiled rotten billionaire's daughter.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Gym007 is as gullible as Feinstein.

Trump played you both.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Remind me again, what were the battles of Lexington and Concord over?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Our reality is still not as bad as one where Hillary Clinton is president, but that's sort of feeling like being raped by only one gorilla is better than being raped by a pack of gorillas and then eaten by a pride of lions. Either way, you're gonna get raped.
View Quote
At this point, we don't know if Hillary would have been worse. Honestly, think about it. She would come in "guns blazing" and peter out quickly because she is so far left. everything would be partisan, and for the moment both houses are Republican controlled. Her insane propositions would probably result in mid terms being a Republican land slide, making her into a lame duck president. Trump has obligatory Republican votes, plus all the dems will vote for a bill like this. Are there enough Republicans to buck Trump? We better hope so and get to contacting.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hurr durr sorry your girl lost.

If Trump had gun owners lined up against walls to be shot, arfcom would be saying "it's just a ploy 4d chess yo--" *BANG*

Sorry but he seems intent on fucking us over at this point. He has already verbally commented that he wants to take away my 2A rights.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I dont want to admit it but i think we have all been bamboozled.
View Quote
We all? Speak for yourself.

The only thing he's ever been to me is Not Hillary.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#34]
The shit eating grins amy & feinstink were sharing with each other were nauseating.
Feinstein looked like she was Dug up and transported minutes before the meeting.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Been busy as shit today and this is the first I’m seeing this. Seriously, this is a bad dream right?  Right guys???
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Man I hope you are right.

I am in a state of shock. He has made it clear that the 8 year assault on guns was over. Then asked time and time again be the Lib media after the florida school what are you going to do about gun control. He just ignored them and walked away.

If he made a Swamp deal he has committed political harry caray.
If he screws the citizens of this country on the 2nd amendment. I see no way he could be reelected. His approval rating should take a massive dump.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#37]
The context here was adding in Domestic Violence language in the bill, correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

She looks like she's getting squishy in her no-no place.
View Quote
I'd be better off if I hadn't read that
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#40]
If he sells us out on this, one term president.

Provisions enabling administrative confiscation first and due process later are unacceptable - that just opens up a whole new avenue for leftists to fuck with people.

Again, we'll see where this ends up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If something bad passes, the only difference between Trump and Hillary, is that Trump wants us to thank him for fucking us in the ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If something bad passes, the only difference between Trump and Hillary, is that Trump wants us to thank him for fucking us in the ass.
We're likely to live to see the end of our civilization. Like a cancer patient trading quality of life for a few extra weeks or months, we had to choose between sooner or just soon.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This is either a very bad nightmare come true or there is an ace in the hole.
View Quote
+1

I have no idea what’s happening.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#43]
My liberal friends on FB aren't buying into Trump's comments
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Epic rationalization.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Epic rationalization.

Do you have a problem with free market concept? Their store, their rules.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Let's see what  happens to his approval rating after this?

Betting it's a downward slope from here.

As of 2-27-18

President Donald Trump’s approval rating is now higher than former President Barack Obama’s at this point in his presidency, according to the results of a daily poll released Tuesday.

As of Tuesday, 50 percent of likely voters in the United States approved of Trump’s job performance, according to the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll. On this date during year two of Obama’s first term, 43 percent of likely voters approved of how the president was performing, the same poll found.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Do you have a problem with free market concept? Their store, their rules.
View Quote
It's time to fight dirty.

BAKE THAT FUCKING GUN CAKE, WAL-MART!
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is either a very bad nightmare come true or there is an ace in the hole.
+1

4D master chess, or we are screwed,or somewhere across the infinite  spectrum of outcomes... Yep...
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#48]
New York millionaire liberal finally shows who he has been all along.  He pandered to get elected and now is playing to those he always identified with.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#49]
He's going to push the NRA to 8 million members. Maybe more.

He's got the democrats so fucking excited they are going to load that bill with so much shit it's NEVER going to pass

he's going to blame them for pissing around as blue dog democrats in R leaning states fight with blue state communists.

at the end nothing gets out of committee, nothing passes congress, and he points and says "I tried to give them everything, and the fucked it up,  AGAIN"

I'm praying this is what he's doing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#50]
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

That is the shit I dealt with on Monday.... except that were all in their teenage years and in massive numbers.

Welcome to seeing evil.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top