BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magnum PI.

Tommy was private dick who had free run of an oceanside estate and a company car. I know he was kind of security and manservant for the owner but, those are some sharp digs for a man with that job title.
View Quote
I thought Masters let Magnum live there out of gratitude for some big favor he did for him.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Third Rock from the Sun.  College professor living in a weird apartment, and sharing an office with others.
View Quote
It was an attic apartment he rented from Mrs. Dubcek and it seemed fairly modest. And if he didn't share an office, he wouldn't have had the hijinks with Jane Curtain.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
6 kids.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The brady bunch.

Ok, Mike was an archetecth, but moms didnt work, huge house in Cali, 4 kidders and a live in maid?

Not to mention expensive vacations, marshas breast implants and bobbys sex change operation.

Total bullshit.
6 kids.
See, its worse than I thought.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ah damn I forgot about that one, too.

And Rita's decent ranch house afforded on a hotel clerk's pay.

LOL none of the Dexter houses were affordable.
View Quote
here is the thing....
Dexter lived in a rental.
Debra rented a beachfront property after being promoted, and after a murder suicide took place in it, which dropped the price a lot.  
Rita didn't actually own the house, her Ex Husband did, he got it as a part of a drug deal.

still though
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gilligan's Island
Why were the Howell's going on some three hour tour on a crappy little boat which attracts the likes of a college professor and a farm girl?  They should have their own mega yacht that they could live on and sail around the world.
View Quote
How do you think Thurston got to be so rich?
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I always thought the Brady Bunch kind of made sense. Mike was obviously higher up in the firm, always working on big projects, major contracts across the country, government work, not drafting three bedroom houses and working up additions. They drove sensible cars, the house was nice and big, but each kid din't have their own rooms, Greg had to fix up the attic to get his own. I don't really know how much Alice set them back, but she got room and board so maybe not a whole lot. An older spinster would probably be a bargain in fact.
View Quote
Mike Brady was a male prostitute that was pimped out by Alice and her "butcher" boyfrined Sam Franklin on the weekends.
When Alice talked about meat it was code for the shit Mike was gong to do on Saturday night.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

here is the thing....
Dexter lived in a rental.
Debra rented a beachfront property after being promoted, and after a murder suicide took place in it, which dropped the price a lot.  
Rita didn't actually own the house, her Ex Husband did, he got it as a part of a drug deal.

still though
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]
cowboy bebop

how the hell do spike and jet rebuild those ships so many times after wrecking them, or getting them all shot to shit?
especially when they start every damn episode with no moolongs and seem to barely scrape by...
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I always thought the Brady Bunch kind of made sense. Mike was obviously higher up in the firm, always working on big projects, major contracts across the country, government work, not drafting three bedroom houses and working up additions. They drove sensible cars, the house was nice and big, but each kid din't have their own rooms, Greg had to fix up the attic to get his own. I don't really know how much Alice set them back, but she got room and board so maybe not a whole lot. An older spinster would probably be a bargain in fact.
View Quote
Mike cashed in his life insurance policy on his first wife as did Carole on her first husband.
The deaded them together to collect the life insurance money.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tanner was a sports caster in a major market, he went on to host a morning show. A nice house doesn't seem out of line. I forget if we ever knew what his deceased wife did.

Joey and Uncle Jesse were straight up no-good freeloading deadbeats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Full House
Tanner was a sports caster in a major market, he went on to host a morning show. A nice house doesn't seem out of line. I forget if we ever knew what his deceased wife did.

Joey and Uncle Jesse were straight up no-good freeloading deadbeats.
Not to mention how much the dead wife's insurance policy paid out....
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Mike cashed in his life insurance policy on his first wife as did Carole on her first husband.
View Quote
My whole childhood was a lie.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Miami Vice
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That show with the retard and the fag has two presumably-tenured Phd research professors sharing a shitty apartment across the hall from a waitress.
View Quote
Penny is a spendthrift, it is part of the show.

The geeks are penny-pinchers in support of their gadget habits.

Not surprising at all how it works out, really.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But California. And I'm sure a Cheesecake Factory waitress makes more than a physics nerd.
View Quote
With T&A and decently running her tables it is quite possible that she makes more than researchers who are more concerned with academia than pay.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Gilligan's Island

Why were the Howell's going on some three hour tour on a crappy little boat which attracts the likes of a college professor and a farm girl?  They should have their own mega yacht that they could live on and sail around the world.
View Quote
Impulse while vacationing, didn't have the yacht handy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Magnum PI.

Tommy was private dick who had free run of an oceanside estate and a company car. I know he was kind of security and manservant for the owner but, those are some sharp digs for a man with that job title.
View Quote
Magnum was basically a freeloading ass-kisser working as the owner’s ‘security consultant’.  He didn’t own anything.  Which is why Higgins (the caretaker) hated him.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Magnum was basically a freeloading ass-kisser working as the owner's 'security consultant'.  He didn't own anything.  Which is why Higgins (the caretaker) hated him.
View Quote
Higgins was also a freeloader, though.

Magnum was actually doing things, though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Magnum was basically a freeloading ass-kisser working as the owner's 'security consultant'.  He didn't own anything.  Which is why Higgins (the caretaker) hated him.

Higgens was Robin Masters.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
With T&A and decently running her tables it is quite possible that she makes more than researchers who are more concerned with academia than pay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But California. And I'm sure a Cheesecake Factory waitress makes more than a physics nerd.
It's long been a running gag on the show that she was a horrible waitress. She's also had a history of running up credit cards bills and she sure seems to spend a lot of what she does make on alcohol.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Eric forman - that 70s show SCENE (Definitely in the series, it wasn't cut. it was shown)
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#23]
supernatural been mentioned yet?
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
supernatural been mentioned yet?
View Quote
I thought it was mentioned in the first season they were funded by credit card fraud.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Magnum PI.

View Quote
Eh, he was friends with Robin.  It wasn't just a business arrangement.  More of a friend who owed him a favor letting him crash there in exchange for some token services.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Eh, he was friends with Robin.  It wasn't just a business arrangement.  More of a friend letting him crash there in exchange for some token services.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Magnum PI.

Eh, he was friends with Robin.  It wasn't just a business arrangement.  More of a friend letting him crash there in exchange for some token services.
He never once met Robin Masters.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any show where 20 something's live in the city.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Green Acres. Guy was a big, New York, corporate lawyer and he ends up in a piece of shit farmhouse with a telephone outside on the pole.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I thought it was mentioned in the first season they were funded by credit card fraud.
View Quote
It was, at the beginning of the first episode. They also hustled pool.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Good Times  
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
6 kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The brady bunch.

Ok, Mike was an archetecth, but moms didnt work, huge house in Cali, 4 kidders and a live in maid?

Not to mention expensive vacations, marshas breast implants and bobbys sex change operation.

Total bullshit.
6 kids.
...and we don't exactly know what Mrs. Brady got through the divorce from the previous husband.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Riptide.

One dude could afford a helicopter.
View Quote
You can' t???
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

6 kids.
View Quote
My grandparents (same generation as Brady bunch) raised 5 kids, and owned a nice house in California during the same time period... On a carpenter's wage, and my grandmother working part time as a banquet waitress.

Not a "white collar" guy having that lifestyle is not unrealistic for the time period.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I still think Al Bundy takes the cake. Shitty Dodge or not, there was just no way in hell.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Green Acres. Guy was a big, New York, corporate lawyer and he ends up in a piece of shit farmhouse with a telephone outside on the pole.
View Quote
The explanation for that is Mr Haney.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Magnum, P.I.
He had a mansion in Hawaii and a Ferrari, and an English butler. He just bee-bopped around town solving crimes as a PI. If Magnum was really super rich, why would he even need to work?
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The explanation for that is Mr Haney.
View Quote
Quoi?
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup, they mentioned that once or twice.  My sister lived in NY and said she new people that were in a similar situation.

I still think it was pretty unrealistic in other ways though.
View Quote
Like five people with full time jobs who could hang out in a coffee shop till 12:30 everyday.  So much so the couch in said shop was reserved for them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#41]
I thought Cousin Larry Appleton worked for the Tribune.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dude. Mind blown. This is a revelation on par with when I realized why mommy was kissing Santa Claus.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The thought just occurred to me....Other than Jed/Elly May Clampett the other kin on the Beverly Hillbillys were freeloaders.

Daisy May Moses (Granny) is Jed's mother-in-law.

Jethro Bodine is the son of Jed's cousin, Pearl Bodine.
View Quote
Not really. No one really spent his money. The bank was the freeloader.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Dude. Mind blown. This is a revelation on par with when I realized why mommy was kissing Santa Claus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sam the Butcher was the hired hitman for both murders. How do you think the bodies were disposed off without there being too much scrutiny? Alice was the go-between for Sam and the Brady's.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Magnum PI.

View Quote
Don't be shitting on my retirement plan.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Firefly:

A space captain makes a profit from shipping a small herd of cows between planets, in his privately owned spacecraft, while retaining a hired crew of freelancers (i.e. pirates) comprised largely of good looking women...

Link Posted: 3/19/2018 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Miami Vice
View Quote
Always think forfeiture. it was all confiscated drug dealers stuff. the boat, the cars, all of it...
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#48]
The Adams Family. No one did shit.
The Munsters. Creepy house but big as fuck Victorian worth a couple mil.
Sonny Crockett live on govt seizures but Nash Bridges lived pretty good on a cops pay.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The brady bunch.

Total bullshit.
View Quote
6 Kids.

Friend's dad was an architect. He was one of 5 kids, they lived in a house he designed and built on a very nice lot a few blocks from the beach here in San Diego.
Had newer cars and a garage full of motorcycles.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good looking waitress can make good money every night is she is competent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That show with the retard and the fag has two presumably-tenured Phd research professors sharing a shitty apartment across the hall from a waitress.
Good looking waitress can make good money every night is she is competent.
Back in the '70's, my mother would bring home $150-200 in tips on an average weekend shift. Hell, I'd make $75-100 bussing tables and washing dishes, and this wasn't even a major market.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top