User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My USP9 is always either on my hip, or in my center console. This coming from a 1911 guy.
View Quote
I am working on getting a OWB for my USP45T. So I can carry it under a coat, during fall and winter.

I don't know how I can conceal it, for carry in the summer 
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The USP Compact is one of the best polymer framed handguns made. I would not feel undergunned with one.
View Quote
Jack Bauer never did
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Looks like you've got some other Tacticals so you can easily compare.  I think the trigger was available when I looked, bit spendy of course, and maybe not "worth" it if yours is good already.  

4 mags and that condition seem like a stellar deal, I'd be happy and I'm jealous too!  

BTW, look for HK P8 magazines - translucent 15rds like the "Jet Funnel" 18rds but without sticking out the bottom....
View Quote
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Match-Trigger-Trigger-Stop-USP-199p1971.htm
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:13:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I've owned a USP .45, USP .45 Tactical, and a USP compact 9mm and while they used to be decent pistols, their grips and triggers make have made them obsolete. They simply do not hold a candle to a more modern offering like an M&P with an Apex trigger. It's not even a fair comparison. The grip feels like a wooden board. The trigger is not as crisp and has a poor break compared to more modern pistols. I loved my USP tactical and my compact but they were eclipsed a while back. They're not bad but there are just much better choices for the money now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:29:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like you've got some other Tacticals so you can easily compare.  I think the trigger was available when I looked, bit spendy of course, and maybe not "worth" it if yours is good already.  

4 mags and that condition seem like a stellar deal, I'd be happy and I'm jealous too!  

BTW, look for HK P8 magazines - translucent 15rds like the "Jet Funnel" 18rds but without sticking out the bottom....
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Match-Trigger-Trigger-Stop-USP-199p1971.htm
I think there's more than just the trigger itself to the "match trigger":
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USP-USP-Tactical-Match-Trigger-Conversion-Kit-347p1039.htm

Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Needed some trigger time a friend was in town. Trying to get her into firearms and while she willing she has been timid thus far as while we climb the ladder in caliber and recoil, she held her own.

anywhooo....

That gun is just the tits.
The trigger is awesome, literally. I am in awe of it. Recoil is no problem. Accuracy is laser like.

I'm partial to the double/single action pistols but berettas are too big for me to, and let me emphasize here, really feel comfortable with them. Although I think they're decent.

Sigs are decent too, but there's just something about H&K.

I thought I had enough guns. I sure as shit don't need anymore. I had almost lost interest in shooting.

USP made shooting fun again.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder924/32245924.jpg
View Quote

I shot well over 75k rounds through my USP 40 that I purchased in 1994.   I traded it away a couple years ago.  During that time I had only a few parts break on me. One trigger spring and like 4 hammer rebound springs. The gun still functioned normally with a busted hammer rebound spring. USP guns are built like tanks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
whats the muzzle device thing clamped to the rail? compensator of some sort? does it work with low pressure 45?

@GTHKTX
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
whats the muzzle device thing clamped to the rail? compensator of some sort? does it work with low pressure 45?

@GTHKTX
It's a frame mounted barrel weight. There is a U shaped channel cut in the weight that accommodates a 6in o-ring barrel. The balance of the gun is disrupted, but you're essentially shooting a .45 with the recoil of a 9mm
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not gonna ask. But I do want one of these rare CTs.

I love the USP45. My USP9C is also great.

Okay, I wanna know how much now!
View Quote
The gun and a Gemtech SOS 45 suppressor- $250.

No joke.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread made me take my USP out for some trigger time this morning 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/350579/IMG-20170729-115532118-265832.JPG
View Quote
I'm guessing you're not in Eastern NC. It's been raining all morning here.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/350579/IMG-20170729-115532118-265832.JPG
No, north of Charlotte. Nice day here so far!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]
If there was one pistol I had to take to war, it would be the USP.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, I get home from work today, take a shower, throw my dog in the truck, and we head to the local gun store with the best used guns in the state.
see a couple USP 40s, in the $500 range, yawn, I dont like 40. WTF? WTF is THAT? Lo and behold, it's a USP9 Tactical !It looks great, feels great. Tight as a drum, $699 with 4 mags. Sold! Another HK in the stable!
Today was a good day!

The new addition.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/112774/usp9-265348.JPG

Its older siblings.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/112774/night-265350.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/112774/gunman-001-265353.JPG
View Quote
You picked the wrong gun.  There were a couple of CZs in the same caseline.  Oh well, next time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Its always funny when people think the USP is obsolete.

There is a reason(s) a USP is still $800 new and glocks and m&ps are $500, and its not "cause we hate you".

The grip is simple, but perfect and the triggers on all of mine are excellent and easily to upgrade.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Its always funny when people think the USP is obsolete.

There is a reason(s) a USP is still $800 new and glocks and m&ps are $500, and its not "cause we hate you".

The grip is simple, but perfect and the triggers on all of mine are excellent and easily to upgrade.
View Quote
Oh, and what reason(s) are those? Point to 2-3 things that make the USP higher quality than a Glock, I'm genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Really? Glocks are great, but they are THE cheap reliable gun.

The grip and the trigger, both higher quality. Glock triggers are shit and so is the grip.

Or

Barrel, sights, magazines.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Had a USP45c and sold it after a few years.

Great, reliable gun....just hated the grip. I'm much more partial to the latest gen of HK pistols.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Really? Glocks are great, but they are THE cheap reliable gun.

The grip and the trigger, both higher quality. Glock triggers are shit and so is the grip.
View Quote
Both have polymer frames, you may prefer the USP grip, but that doesn't make it higher quality. The trigger is again, different, but explain to me how is higher quality.

More accurate, more reliable, longer lasting? No, they aren't.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Both have polymer frames, you may prefer the USP grip, but that doesn't make it higher quality. The trigger is again, different, but explain to me how is higher quality.

View Quote

Glock failed miserably.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Actually guys I have a,question. So I've taken my compact 45 out twice and the first time I had more off paper then on . Second time it grouped better but it wasn't going exactly where I wanted. 45 acp I'm not used to shooting.

Any advice?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
The materials used, the fit and finish (especially compared to the Gen 4), accuracy, and reliability are all better on the USP (even though they're both basically indestructible).
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Actually guys I have a,question. So I've taken my compact 45 out twice and the first time I had more off paper then on . Second time it grouped better but it wasn't going exactly where I wanted. 45 acp I'm not used to shooting.

Any advice?
View Quote
Hard to say without watching you shoot. 

I do know I am left eye dominant. Yet I couldn't shoot my USP for shit. Was adjusting my sights like crazy. Then I put them back at factory settings, and used my right eye instead. Then it became a laser beam. Just a weird quirk with me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#24]
HK fan boy checking in ...Carry my P30s everyday for work & CC.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My USPc is one of the most ergonomic pistols I've owned. Really easy to point.  
View Quote
Yep, my carry pistol.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The materials used, the fit and finsish (especially conpared to the Gen 4), accuracy, and reliability are all better on the USP (even though they're both basically indestructible).
View Quote
I've had three guns jam on me repeatedly. Glock 17 and 19 and a Sig P250. The Glocks also nailed me in the head with brass all the time. Glock told me i was limp wristing. I now have the USP and you can hold it as lightly as you want with the crappiest ammo and it will perform.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#27]
While I love my USP9 and USPc45, I fully admit that I haven't shot them since getting the VP9.  I like it that much better.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Never did like the USP, really like the VP9  but holy crap if you want to take it apart for any reason. That one of the things a Glock has going for it, you have to be a complete idiot to not be able to change a part.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#29]
USP40C, 45C, USP45T, MK23  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The Glocks also nailed me in the head with brass all the time. Glock told me i was limp wristing. I now have the USP and you can hold it as lightly as you want with the crappiest ammo and it will perform.
View Quote
I got rid of a Glock 41 because it hit me in the head with hot, hard hitting 45acp brass. It was enough to draw blood if you were not wearing a hat and the case mouth hit at the right angle. I replaced it with a USP 45 that ejects at 3:00.

People will tell you that the Glock hits you in the head with brass because you don't know how to shoot. When they say that just pull up the youtube video with Jerry Miculek getting BTF with a Glock 41.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#31]
The H&K USP is my favorite pistol family ever.

My USP45 that was the first handgun I had my dad purchase for me at age 13 after saving up for two summers, is what got me into other pistols. It was so boringly reliable that I had to experiment .

I went with 1911's for a while, but after my STI Tactical 5.0 was an utter heap of shit, I went to Glocks for a while. Then I bought a USP9 Expert and fell in love all over again.

The match trigger is well worth it. They are boringly reliable, and built like a tank. I shoot the USP better than any pistol out there. I even like the feel of it better than the P30 and VP9.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I went with 1911's for a while, but after my STI Tactical 5.0 was an utter heap of shit, I went to Glocks for a while. Then I bought a USP9 Expert and fell in love all over

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/79922/FullSizeRender-33-266117.JPG
View Quote
What happen with the STI Tactical?

I've got one, but have not shot it much.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If there was one pistol I had to take to war, it would be the USP.
View Quote
Yet America's best warriors take the Glock to war.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What happen with the STI Tactical?

I've got one, but have not shot it much.
View Quote
It ran great for the first 300 rounds or so.

I found that the magazines were inconsistent at best. Some factory ball ammo would be just too long OAL and the tip of the projectile would drag and bind. That was the case on 2 of my 7 mags.

Then the extractor started losing tension and I had to keep adjusting it.

It would randomly fail to extract and eject so I sent it back to STI. They replaced the extractor and the grip frame as they said it was out of spec. Even after that it still didn't run 100%. I sold it to a friend whom is a 1911 guy, he took it to his smith and about $500 of tuning later it ran.

A friend of mine (member here as well) said that all the STI's they sold at a gun store he worked at had to go back to the factory to get them to run right as well.

Pretty disheartening for a $2000 gun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It ran great for the first 300 rounds or so.

I found that the magazines were inconsistent at best. Some factory ball ammo would be just too long OAL and the tip of the projectile would drag and bind. That was the case on 2 of my 7 mags.

Then the extractor started losing tension and I had to keep adjusting it.

It would randomly fail to extract and eject so I sent it back to STI. They replaced the extractor and the grip frame as they said it was out of spec. Even after that it still didn't run 100%. I sold it to a friend whom is a 1911 guy, he took it to his smith and about $500 of tuning later it ran.

A friend of mine (member here as well) said that all the STI's they sold at a gun store he worked at had to go back to the factory to get them to run right as well.

Pretty disheartening for a $2000 gun.
View Quote
Damn, I have read about some of their QC issues. I'm about to start shooting mine more. I was dissappointed with the factory trigger already. I build 1911s also so maybe I can tune it.

Nice Expert BTW, also my favorite target gun at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Any advice?
View Quote
Check the POA/POI on the sights. May be different than what you're used to
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Get one and trust me.
Put a H&K match spring kit in it for about $20.00.

It is almost a perfect weapon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Loved my usp40, until I just stopped liking the trigger.

Sold it and got a g17, I do miss the mag release though

Lately I've been eyeing a vp9.
Get one and trust me.
Put a H&K match spring kit in it for about $20.00.

It is almost a perfect weapon.

Palmetto got me

Vp9 tactical ordered.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#39]
We were issued HK USP .40 caliber DAO pistols back about 2000. They were garbage. We didn't get issued the USP pistols with the LEM triggers. Our DAO trigger pulls were about 8 lbs pull. I found out later we didn't get issued the LEM triggers because one of the ERO agents showed me his new issue HK USP .40 with the LEM trigger. It must have had a 4-5 lb pull. It was much lighter and smoother than our crappy DAO triggers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We were issued HK USP .40 caliber DAO pistols back about 2000. They were garbage. We didn't get issued the USP pistols with the LEM triggers. Our DAO trigger pulls were about 8 lbs pull. I found out later we didn't get issued the LEM triggers because one of the ERO agents showed me his new issue HK USP .40 with the LEM trigger. It must have had a 4-5 lb pull. It was much lighter and smoother than our crappy DAO triggers.
View Quote
Lame. I never mess with DA. My pistol always has the hammer pulled back. That is what is nice about the USP vs other designs. It can be safely carried that way.

The Tactical has a very nice SA pull.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I love my USP 9mm.  I put a threaded barrel in it.  It has the LEM trigger.  Damn thing tears ragged holes - round upon round.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#42]

I love my MK23 as well.  

It's about the same size as my sweet hi-point .45

Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I am working on getting a OWB for my USP45T. So I can carry it under a coat, during fall and winter.

I don't know how I can conceal it, for carry in the summer 
View Quote
get a good IWB holster for it. I use Off the Grid due to all the customization they offer. I can carry a legion p226 with surefire, magwell with 20rdrs and TBRCi comp, and a Hk45t with tlr1 also in a IWB holster in a tshirt and shorts. The USP 45t is the same size.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Love mine...has been rock solid from day one
LEM trigger, jet funnel...
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top