Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:43:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I sold my USP40 to get my HK45c. Glad that I did since I shoot much better with the 45c.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was into HK big league when I first started with guns about 17 years ago. Over time the negatives; trigger, capacity for size, pushed me to Glocks. Cool pistols, but too many compromises to bring me back. 
View Quote
I've got both. I only kept a Glock 26 because of the size/capacity. Hate shooting it and other Glocks. The USP is a dang pleasure.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
LOL. Not even close. I'll take a USP in a 1v1 up against a Glock POS, any day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oversized dinosaur rattletrap. Might as well be a GI 1911.
LOL. Not even close. I'll take a USP in a 1v1 up against a Glock POS, any day.
Didn't you start a thread saying that your HK is your first and only pistol?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
USP compact = goodness
P2000 40 = delicious
P30 = not so much... range guns come with a grain of salt
View Quote
How so? The P30 is the one I like
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What about the trigger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy a non-LE and these:

Sights
What about the trigger?
The tactical has a match trigger and barrel.  I believe all you get with the LE is an extra mag and night sights.  The tactical has everything short of that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Great pistol.  Mine functions 100% all day everyday.

CDNN has factory threaded barrels for the 9 cheap right now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I want a USP45...need one...going to get one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I owned an HK USP .45 and a Ruger P90 in .45. Couldn't tell the difference between the two except for the extremely high price of the HK. So I sold both and bought a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I have Trump hands, and the USPc fits me like a glove.  Just about the only pistol that I can operate all the controls without having to modify my grip.  They shoot beautifully and point well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
more difficult than you think, im not sure they made more than 3500 or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to imagine that shouldn't be too difficult to locate, given our access to the internet.

I would guess that quality and cost would be the determining factor.
more difficult than you think, im not sure they made more than 3500 or so.
2 came up FS on HKPRO..both sold immediately for a premium. I have been looking forever.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a USP9 SD and an USP 45. Both are built like tanks, handle like bricks, and are some of the most accurate handguns I've ever fired.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else shoot the USP's and Compacts better than the P30's? I don't know what it is, as I love the grip of the P30, but man, the slide release and my thumb just can not get enough of each other and I am much more accurate with the USP and USPc.  One caveat is I put the Hogue slip on grips on my USP's.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#13]
if it don't come in 10mm, it ain't shit!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#14]
My USP Custom Combat (soon to be adding threaded barrel and tac sights).  16 rounds of .40 goodness .  My only gripe on THIS gun is the inability to add the .45 tactical mag release.  The jet funnel mags are plastic.

I also EDC a P2000SK in .40
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#15]
My USPc is my favorite pistol.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My USP Custom Combat (soon to be adding threaded barrel and tac sights).  16 rounds of .40 goodness .  My only gripe on THIS gun is the inability to add the .45 tactical mag release.  The jet funnel mags are plastic.

https://imgur.com/2tkW2V0.jpg

I also have a EDC P2000SK in .40
View Quote
What kind of grip tape is that? I need that for my LEO trade in USP, it's worn smooth on one side.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Did someone say USP?

Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What kind of grip tape is that? I need that for my LEO trade in USP, it's worn smooth on one side.
View Quote
It came from the factory like that.

I'd recommend a Hogue grip for a standard USP.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#19]
The USP Compact is one of the best polymer framed handguns made. I would not feel undergunned with one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It came from the factory like that.

I'd recommend a Hogue grip for a standard USP.
View Quote
Ah, gotcha. I've already got the hogue grip on it, but since I have small hands I keep hoping to swap it for something thinner. 
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ah, gotcha. I've already got the hogue grip on it, but since I have small hands I keep hoping to swap it for something thinner. 
View Quote
Hkparts.net might have some other grip options available
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Love my P2000 9mm V3. 

Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#23]
How have we had a USP thread this long and not one mention of Jack Bauer?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I bought a USPc 9mm a few months ago and have had lots of problems with it.

Put ~400 rounds through it so far and have had a couple dozen stovepipes with blazer brass.

Not sure if USPs only like NATO ammo or what. I'm gonna have to get some to try because I'm getting frustrated.

Anyone else had similar issues?

I shoot blazer brass in every other handgun I own, Glocks, CZs, Sigs, and have never had an issue.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How have we had a USP thread this long and not one mention of Jack Bauer?
View Quote
Or Vincent?

https://youtu.be/oEFPcljAXgs
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Put ~400 rounds through it so far and have had a couple dozen stovepipes with blazer brass.

Not sure if USPs only like NATO ammo or what. I'm gonna have to get some to try because I'm getting frustrated.

View Quote
My USP40 has fired everything I've put through it.  But I haven't tried to feed it Blazer brass.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Best handgun I've fired. Agree with everything the op said. It was game changing for me. Couldn't miss and felt great.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#28]
My USP45 only leaves the safe when I need to be reminded of how good the G21 is.

Bought it on a whim.  It's okay.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My USP40 has fired everything I've put through it.  But I haven't tried to feed it Blazer brass.
View Quote
The only rounds that ever choked up my P2k choked up EVERY other reliable gun that I own, even a G19.

Related: Winchester USA Steel is junk ammo, at least the comblock stuff feeds and functions (for the most part).
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I shoot blazer brass in every other handgun I own, Glocks, CZs, Sigs, and have never had an issue.
View Quote
Mine feeds everything I give it. Then again mine is well worn. I think when new, they recommend shooting NATO ammo through it till broken in. Try storing it in the safe with the slide locked back for a few days before the next time you shoot. Or just shoot hotter ammo.

My usp's fire all the rounds that my glocks get light primer strikes on.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sorry, I wasn't clear - the adapter on the TLR series makes it slide directly onto the USP rail, none of this adapter to picatinny b.s.  Works like the UTL except it's a modern light and can be had with integrated laser as well.  It's really a good bit better than the UTL - and yes, my recollection is like yours that the Mark23 & USP had rails long before anything else or anything else mass-market (though the Mark23 isn't REALLY mass market).

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41vJrAobzmL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
View Quote
interesting light
I have not seen that before
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#32]
HK in some flavor is on my hip every day

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Didn't you start a thread saying that your HK is your first and only pistol?
View Quote
I said I was going with the mindset that if I had ONE pistol to own. It was going to be the USP.

I didn't mean, I outright decided I would never buy another one.

But that's why I was okay with the premium HK pistols command. The USP is a Smaller MK23 minus the chrome lined barrel. The MK23 is the most tested pistol ever and it did better than any other pistols during tests. So I wanted my pistol to be very accurate and bomb proof.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That gun is just the tits.

USP made shooting fun again.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder924/32245924.jpg
View Quote
Yessireee!

The USP is a damned fine pistol. But I think that of all the times I shot an HK, it's never failed in the least in my experience. That's why I keep one of my USPs as a designated nightstand pistol. And I do think that anytime you get some trigger time with one, it's pretty much guarenteed to be a good time. That's why over half of my pistol collection are HKs.

[/fan boy praise] 
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Agreed, one of the finest pistols ever made.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#36]
whats the muzzle device thing clamped to the rail? compensator of some sort? does it work with low pressure 45?

@GTHKTX
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I just bought a VP9 from the PSA deal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#38]
My USP9 is always either on my hip, or in my center console. This coming from a 1911 guy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://imgur.com/2tkW2V0.jpg

I also EDC a P2000SK in .40
View Quote
All full-size .40 mags are plastic, not just the jet funnel ones.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

whats the muzzle device thing clamped to the rail? compensator of some sort? does it work with low pressure 45?

@GTHKTX
View Quote
Muzzle weight.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I guess I'll be the downer here. My buddy has a USP45 full size that I have shot extensively and have never enjoyed shooting at all. I've shot other USP9's in compact and full size, also.

The gun has less of a soul than a Glock and doesn't shoot as well as one, either. Trigger is meh.

I respect everyone in the thread who appreciates these pistols and am interested in the VP9, P30 and HK45, but would never buy the usp.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#42]
So, I get home from work today, take a shower, throw my dog in the truck, and we head to the local gun store with the best used guns in the state.
see a couple USP 40s, in the $500 range, yawn, I dont like 40. WTF? WTF is THAT? Lo and behold, it's a USP9 Tactical !It looks great, feels great. Tight as a drum, $699 with 4 mags. Sold! Another HK in the stable!
Today was a good day!

The new addition.

Attachment Attached File

Its older siblings.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
WTF? WTF is THAT? Lo and behold, it's a USP9 Tactical !It looks great, feels great. Tight as a drum, $699 with 4 mags. Sold! Another HK in the stable!
Today was a good day!
View Quote
Not to be a downer, but that's the old "USP9 Tactical" (really USP9SD IIRC) which doesn't have the "match" trigger (with visible stop) of the other USP Tacticals, the barrel O-ring, or the "Tactical" slide markings.  Still a good deal IMNSHO but the new one is more betterer.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Not to be a downer, but that's the old "USP9 Tactical" (really USP9SD IIRC) which doesn't have the "match" trigger (with visible stop) of the other USP Tacticals, the barrel O-ring, or the "Tactical" slide markings.  Still a good deal IMNSHO but the new one is more betterer.
View Quote
HKparts has the trigger, so I'm told. we'll see. Either way, I'm happy with it so far.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Glad you liked it OP but this is the first time I've ever heard someone describe an HK pistol trigger as "awesome"
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I cannot find a USP Compact 9mm under $600 to save my fucking life. Been searching for over a year
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
HKparts has the trigger, so I'm told. we'll see. Either way, I'm happy with it so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like you've got some other Tacticals so you can easily compare.  I think the trigger was available when I looked, bit spendy of course, and maybe not "worth" it if yours is good already.  

4 mags and that condition seem like a stellar deal, I'd be happy and I'm jealous too!  

BTW, look for HK P8 magazines - translucent 15rds like the "Jet Funnel" 18rds but without sticking out the bottom....
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#48]
My USP45 is a safe queen. I don't think I've shot her this decade.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I cannot find a USP Compact 9mm under $600 to save my fucking life. Been searching for over a year
View Quote
Good luck.  I've been doing the same.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top