Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#3]
??LIVE?? Tracking Tropical Storm Beryl. Forecast To Become A Hurricane. Impacts For the Caribbean.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a lot of people in that potential path.  Mostly poor people.  Of color.  
View Quote

I'm thinking Haiti.  Almost time for Hillary to swoop in and save them again.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 7:25:21 AM EDT
[#5]
The storm should really help that UN/Kenya police mission in Haiti that is just starting.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
NHC uses a giant cone of doom with days of variability, yet, omg, let's use zulu utc time instead of say, east coast time where it would make sense...
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hurricane deployment. Here I come!!!
View Quote

*sigh*

I used to be like you.  Just started a new gig where hurricanes are no longer a money-maker, but are our worst nightmare.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:08:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are a lot of people in that potential path.  Mostly poor people.  Of color.  
View Quote
And me and my wife.  We are a bit south of Cancun now until July 9th. Last few days have been spectacular.  

The combination to my gun safe is ****. Help yourselves boys.

I've already informed the resort staff that my safe space will be in the liquor bunker.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Not really worried about this one but I will hit the Publix liqour store for supplies just in case.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I’ll probably fill some gas cans even though it’s no where near a concern in my AO presently. I needed to fire up the generator anyway so will do that as well. I’m well prepped but don’t want to wait in line for gas next week if it looks like the storm is going north up the gulf
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Need to set up & test my generator.  It's still sitting in the box.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oh yes.  The Halliburton weather machine is set for "people of color". Hurricanes are Raciss

View Quote
I wonder if that's because Amazon mistakenly sent me a box of extra "get whitey" fuses that had "Halliburton" on the name but my address on it.  I contacted Amazon chat but they said just keep it or toss it. Probably just a scam for fake reviews.

They probably can't steer properly without a complete set of fuses.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I've removed everything from under my bed so I can hide there when it gets closer
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I hate this time of the year.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/766/JULIAN3-1507308.gif

Please tell me you're not going to take-up the hurricane hysteria where texashomeduper left off.  
View Quote

This is the gif I always look forward to each year. Not trying to poo in OP's thread, just get tickled with this gif.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha, I've got a Champion still in the box from 10 years ago, never opened, not gonna jinx it till the lights go out, home is 5 mi from Gulf, never used.

Call me when Cat 3+ is 2 days away, I live in da swamps, tadpoles swim in da curb gutters after heavy rains
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Please come to north Texas.
View Quote
The fuck you talking about Willis?  My buddy east of Dallas has like 36" of rain so far this year.  I have about 4-6".  This mother fucker needs to head to whatever side of San Antonio that dumps the most possible rain on this big red bullseye.  I can't find the most recent drought monitor, but the location is the same.  North Texas is all white!!!!!!   WTFBBQ?!?!?!?!?!

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ha, I've got a Champion still in the box from 10 years ago, never opened, not gonna jinx it till the lights go out, home is 5 mi from Gulf, never used.

Call me when Cat 3+ is 2 days away, I live in da swamps, tadpoles swim in da curb gutters after heavy rains
View Quote

You might learn a whole bunch of new words if there wasn't a carburetor installed or all the fuel lines are dry rotted.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yep.  Hoping for some rain to hit SC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's about time

Yep.  Hoping for some rain to hit SC.
You beat me to it. Desperately need some rain.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The fuck you talking about Willis?  My buddy east of Dallas has like 36" of rain so far this year.  I have about 4-6".  This mother fucker needs to head to whatever side of San Antonio that dumps the most possible rain on this big red bullseye.  I can't find the most recent drought monitor, but the location is the same.  North Texas is all white!!!!!!   WTFBBQ?!?!?!?!?!

https://www.myhighplains.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/87/2023/04/TWDB-4-11-2023-drought-monitor-map.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please come to north Texas.

https://www.myhighplains.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/87/2023/04/TWDB-4-11-2023-drought-monitor-map.png

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I hope it turns north and hits Florida.

ETA:tropicaltidbits.com for all your hurricane weather needs.
View Quote

Oh hellnaw man!  My family vacation end of next week in Palm Beach.  Might come home to Houston amid storm devastation though
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Them crackers in the middle sure look yummy!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#27]
As long as it stays low and straight and doesn’t turn up towards MS.  We got a trip to Biloxi coming the 2nd week of July.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Lol I think alot of places need the rain
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Them crackers in the middle sure look yummy!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/301438/IMG_8155_jpeg-3253407.JPG
View All Quotes

A turd it will make I suppose.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Beryl again?
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And me and my wife.  We are a bit south of Cancun now until July 9th. Last few days have been spectacular.  

I've already informed the resort staff that my safe space will be in the liquor bunker.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/IMG_2634_jpeg-3253351.JPG
View Quote

nice!  enjoy. which resort?  we’ve done leblanc in cancun twice and once in cabo.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Beryl again?
View Quote

they recycle the names every 5 or 6 years. They retire names of significant hurricanes.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Does "Cheap Hurricane Food" translate to "Hurricane Level Diarrhea"
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Almost time for Hillary to swoop in and ENsLave them again.
View Quote

Fixed that for ya, you had a little misspelling
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Does "Cheap Hurricane Food" translate to "Hurricane Level Diarrhea"
View Quote

Actually the only GI issues I had from them was I was a little gassy. Lots of beans so not surprising. Three cases of those things delivered is very cheap insurance. No sales tax and free delivery on my order. I also got it in a couple days
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After those 3 came within 10 miles of my house back in 2003 or so I got a gen... It was about 10 years before I had to use it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

nice!  enjoy. which resort?  we've done leblanc in cancun twice and once in cabo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice!  enjoy. which resort?  we've done leblanc in cancun twice and once in cabo.
Valent n Imperial Riviera Maya. Adults only. No timeshare or wristband bullshit. 7 restaurants, 11 bars, never feels crowded since it is spread out over 130 acres. Guest rooms are in 14 smaller buildings.  The buildings are almost all no higher than the tree  lline. 46,000 sq ft main pool.  The beach is .6 miles long.  Lots of jungle critters including saltwater crocs that visit the pools ioccasionally.  Lots of other features and entertainments that make the stay effortless and fun. This place has an incredibly high return rate. Our 7th trip.

They don't stint on the food. Look at the elevator capacity and weight limit.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#38]
That thing can turn a little N at anytime. I'm pretty happy don't have to deal with that worry anymore. One hit "Irma" was enough. Water in the house everything ruined all appliances, furniture,  drywall,
Yard wiped out and I was lucky.  Nope don't miss the stress. Good luck anyone that can get hit this is just the 1st one
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Just got 10 gallons of non ETOH fuel, filled the generator, and fired it up. I was planning on doing that in the next couple weeks anyway as I do at the start of every season. I made sure the last fuel I ran through it was stabilized non ethanol and it fired up immediately. Historically, I had regular fuel with stabilizer in it and it always took a while to start even though I’d empty the tank and run it dry.

Anyway, not much risk for Tampa Bay at this point but I checked one thing off my normal prep list
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I hope it turns north and hits Florida.

ETA:tropicaltidbits.com for all your hurricane weather needs.
View Quote

Closed on the sale of my house north of Panama City 10 days ago. I won’t miss having to worry about hurricanes and my homeowners insurance going up 20-30% or more every year.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Now forecasted to be a Major Hurricane in the Caribbean.

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

*sigh*

I used to be like you.  Just started a new gig where hurricanes are no longer a money-maker, but are our worst nightmare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hurricane deployment. Here I come!!!

*sigh*

24/7 pay.  Free meals.  Only crappy part is the sleeping arrangements. Sometimes they suck
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Yay, I'm in its path.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Yeeehaawww!!
..I dislike hurricane season big time. Used to have to work in them for many years. Glad I'm not involved with that stuff anymore.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Awesome.

I’m supposed to fly to the DR on Tuesday
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#46]
If you tell a lie ofter enough, it becomes the truth.

Every storm/hurricane now is a product of "climate change".

They've been hitting the Gulf Coast for eons I suspect, but can only personally vouch for several decades. They're what fill up the Souths aquifers and keeps us from becoming a desert. I'm sorry some folks built their home within feet of the coastlines current location. Shifting sands and all.....

[/rant]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I approve of your vacation safe place.....always a good view.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

All that laying around in the sun and you couldn't even sneak us a glimpse of your old lady's legs? What the fuck?!?!?
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It’s about time
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Send the remnants over here!
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top