Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a lot of people in that potential path.  Mostly poor people.  Of color.  
View Quote

It's pretty much guaranteed they will see tropical storm action on a regular basis. They have a grasp of what happens, because it happens a lot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Them crackers in the middle sure look yummy!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/301438/IMG_8155_jpeg-3253407.JPG
View Quote

It's a pop tart.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hurricane now
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All that laying around in the sun and you couldn't even sneak us a glimpse of your old lady's legs? What the fuck?!?!?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And me and my wife.  We are a bit south of Cancun now until July 9th. Last few days have been spectacular.  

The combination to my gun safe is ****. Help yourselves boys.

I've already informed the resort staff that my safe space will be in the liquor bunker.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/IMG_2634_jpeg-3253351.JPG

All that laying around in the sun and you couldn't even sneak us a glimpse of your old lady's legs? What the fuck?!?!?
Her 64.9 year old legs?  I don't want permabanned.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And me and my wife.  We are a bit south of Cancun now until July 9th. Last few days have been spectacular.  

The combination to my gun safe is ****. Help yourselves boys.

I've already informed the resort staff that my safe space will be in the liquor bunker.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/IMG_2634_jpeg-3253351.JPG

LMAO. You argue a compelling case and I will yield to you on this matter.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Them crackers in the middle sure look yummy!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/301438/IMG_8155_jpeg-3253407.JPG
View All Quotes

I have cases of the FEMA “MRE’s” leftover from the storm last year. They’re surprisingly good - I like some of them better than I liked the ones we had in the Army. There’s only like three variations though, and no mini Tabasco.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have cases of the FEMA “MRE’s” leftover from the storm last year. They’re surprisingly good - I like some of them better than I liked the ones we had in the Army. There’s only like three variations though, and no mini Tabasco.
View Quote

They actually are decent tasting but do benefit from a little seasoning. They don’t include a heater though
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They actually are decent tasting but do benefit from a little seasoning. They don’t include a heater though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine do have a heater and even include a little mylar packet of water to activate it. They include some little paper salt and pepper packets but I agree there should be more seasoning.

The heater is very similar to the military ones. The entrees though are in little plastic trays like a TV dinner with a peel-off film liner. The whole kit comes in a clear plastic bag.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#12]
One model shows the potential for it to just clip the tip of Mexico. If it manages to do that and sort of bounce back into the gulf that could be interesting.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One model shows the potential for it to just clip the tip of Mexico. If it manages to do that and sort of bounce back into the gulf that could be interesting.
View Quote

The Gulf water temps are unseasonably hot right now. That’s definitely storm fuel.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I hope it turns north and hits Florida.

ETA:tropicaltidbits.com for all your hurricane weather needs.
View Quote

Oh man, you just brought bad Karma on your whole damned State.   Millions a Texans gonna be righteously pissed at Terry J.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Gulf water temps are unseasonably hot right now. That’s definitely storm fuel.
View Quote

Yes but none of the models have it coming very far north. I’m watching but not doing much unless Tampa ends up in the cone. Anyone know what fuel reserves are like this year? There is always a run on gasoline when the Bay Area might take a hit
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes but none of the models have it coming very far north. I’m watching but not doing much unless Tampa ends up in the cone. Anyone know what fuel reserves are like this year? There is always a run on gasoline when the Bay Area might take a hit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Judging by the relatively stable current fuel price, I’d guess there’s enough to go around right now. Just keep a couple full cans on rotation and you’ll be fine.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like the odds of the one behind Beryl are increasing as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The fuck you talking about Willis?  My buddy east of Dallas has like 36" of rain so far this year.  I have about 4-6".  This mother fucker needs to head to whatever side of San Antonio that dumps the most possible rain on this big red bullseye.  I can't find the most recent drought monitor, but the location is the same.  North Texas is all white!!!!!!   WTFBBQ?!?!?!?!?!

https://www.myhighplains.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/87/2023/04/TWDB-4-11-2023-drought-monitor-map.png

View Quote

Abnormally dry - no.  We are normally dry.  If we were not dry, we would be abnormally wet.  We had a fairly wet spring, did have a slightly dry June, but had 3 days of rain 2 weeks ago.  Plus we have had some light showers since then.  Sure we could use some rain.  It is basically fucking July - we always need rain in July.  But grass is green and growing like mad right now - far from "abnormally dry".  I have 2 other properties that are in moderate drought in that map - both got 6+ inches of rain less than 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There are a lot of people in that potential path.  Mostly poor people.  Of color  
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve been reading the Lake Livingston dam has damage to the spillway from the rains we had in May and June. If it heads this way, it might get interesting around here.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Judging by the relatively stable current fuel price, I’d guess there’s enough to go around right now. Just keep a couple full cans on rotation and you’ll be fine.
View Quote

I typically over prepare if you ask my wife. 10 gallons of non ETOH at all times (except when the 16 year old snatches it for the jet ski). I’ll bump that up to 50 plus gallons of pump gas if we have any significant chance of an impact. Stabilizer in the fuel if so and just use it in the cars after the threat has passed. I haven’t run my 13K at full load for any length of time but it could easily burn 10 gallons a day if we have the AC etc going
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I typically over prepare if you ask my wife. 10 gallons of non ETOH at all times (except when the 16 year old snatches it for the jet ski). I’ll bump that up to 50 plus gallons of pump gas if we have any significant chance of an impact. Stabilizer in the fuel if so and just use it in the cars after the threat has passed. I haven’t run my 13K at full load for any length of time but it could easily burn 10 gallons a day if we have the AC etc going
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah with a genset that big, for sure just stock up on pump gas. I’m a cheap bastard so I run the fridge and a window unit on a 212cc 3550w, and lights/TV/chargers on a 2500w inverter unit. I couldn’t burn up more than 5 gallons a day if I tried. IME you can get out and buy more gas by Day 3. If things looked real dire I’d just start siphoning out of my offshore boat - should keep me in gen power for at least a month or so…

Something I do that I don’t see people talk about much is using deep cycle batteries with DC inverter for low-draw appliances like chargers and computers. I have a bunch of trolling motor batteries and a couple of those with a full charge could charge a cell phone or a rechargeable flashlight about 100 times.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Don’t forget there’s a big bunch of Saharan dust coming across right now too.

Let your DOOMTM intensify or subside as you see fit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Interesting that it is "predicted" to quickly become a major hurricane then drops to a Category 1 or 2 while still over supposedly warm water.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Interesting that it is "predicted" to quickly become a major hurricane then drops to a Category 1 or 2 while still over supposedly warm water.
View Quote

there's supposed to be some wind shear later in the week.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

there's supposed to be some wind shear later in the week.
View Quote

You should have started a new thread to discuss the shear. You have some big shoes to fill, so tighten up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There are a lot of people in that potential path.  Mostly poor people.  Of color.  
View Quote

The Biden/ Harris weather machine hates PoCs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Now to quickly become a Cat 3 and then Cat 4.
Too early to tell, but one spaghetti noodle has it going into the Atlantic coast and one out in the Gulf. If it wobbles to the north, it looks like another Harvey.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Here is a link to some surface temperature maps (from Rutgers U). You can use the settings at the top to find recent history.

https://marine.rutgers.edu/cool/data/satellites/imagery/?product=sst ion=gulfmexico humbs=0

Not sure what "warm" means in context of fueling a hurricane but looking at January vs today it seems like the water is pretty warm. Look at the color bar on the right, the day to day is no absolute for the color, each map is calibrated for the range displayed on the graphic.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Now to quickly become a Cat 3 and then Cat 4.
Too early to tell, but one spaghetti noodle has it going into the Atlantic coast and one out in the Gulf. If it wobbles to the north, it looks like another Harvey.
View Quote

Not seeing that.  Link?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#33]

8:00 AM AST Sun Jun 30
Moving: W at 21 mph
Min pressure: 968 mb
Max sustained: 115 mph
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#34]
The system BEHIND this one is more likely to impact CONUS (as of now,  it’s early)
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#36]
This storm is getting strong fast and moving at 21mph or so. Hopefully it burns out fast by the time it hits the gulf.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#37]
It is now a major hurricane.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#38]
The Bamm models are sniffing out a turn to the right at the very end of the run.
The Bamm models are good for just one thing and thats predicting if theres going to be a turn at the end of the run window.
They operate off of very limited data of upper air current flows.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

This is NOT BERYL. It’s the next one a few days behind it

I think…
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

Again, NOT BERYL
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is Doom Lite.

I like my Doom Dark and Stormy. More sizzle, more POP. Something that mixes asteroids, labor shortages, fresh water sharks and rabies.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#44]
11:00 AM AST Sun Jun 30
Moving: W at 21 mph
Min pressure: 964 mb
Max sustained: 120 mph
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Just bumped to CAT 4.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Morning Update on Hurricane Beryl from NHC in Miami, FL (June 30, 2024)
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Bullshit. Until Franky MacDonald says so, this is a lie!
View Quote

Hurricane Beryl to Hit Jamaica on Wednesday July 3, 2024
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#49]
These islands are going to get whacked

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top