User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
That latest official track is gonna push a lot of water up the Rio Grande.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Fingers crossed that it goes straight through Mexico and takes out 100% of the trash on its way to invade my once great country. No fucks given for illegal migrants.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Southern tip of Texas needs to be on guard for this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Another beautiful morning.
Attachment Attached File

Tomorrow will not be as nice.
At least it seems to be staying to the south and is forecasted to be fairly weak. I’m anticipating wind  and rain.

I’m sure the wife will be a ball of nerves today.

Queue the Scorpions.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like Cozumel and Cancun are going to get hit next.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Hope Starbase survives intact.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#9]
We are 22 miles south of the Cancun airport. I'm hearing anywhere from 30 to 80 mph winds. Up to maybe 8 inches of rain here.  We are in the hurricane warning red zone which seems to be at odds with the winds forecast. Eye looks to be going to hit south of Tulum as a cat 1.

The resort has canceled the 4th of July event scheduled for 3pm. Closing everything else down at 5pm. Asking guests to stay in our rooms. Room service will keep going.  They mostly want us out of the way early while they prep the resort.  What we've heard is all the loungers and tables get tossed in the pools and the a/c units on the roofs get strapped down. Outside tables and chairs and any other stuff not fastened down gets moved inside the restaurants, bars, and other public spaces.

As of yesterday occupancy is down to around 60%. Usually this time of year it's 80+%.

Being on the north side of this there might be a few feet of storm surge and biggish waves.

All the utilities are underground and there is enough generator capacity to run the place as usual.

We've stocked up on bottled water and snacks to eat.  Towels and wash cloths. Other than the promised meals delivered we do not want to ask for anything.  Hopefully they will cut a lot of staff loose so they can be with their families.

We're really happy to be on the edge of this instead of the middle and that the storm is weakening.

Link Posted: 7/4/2024 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#10]
continuing to weaken

11:00 AM EDT Thu Jul 4
Moving: WNW at 18 mph
Min pressure: 971 mb
Max sustained: 115 mph

Link Posted: 7/4/2024 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Southern tip of Texas needs to be on guard for this weekend.
View Quote
Just the tip

The Texas State Operations Center (SOC) goes live tomorrow morning and will be running 24/7 until this storm passes.   Soooo I will soon be very busy making sure all of them have a network connection.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Its going to go further north and be stronger than the modeling shows
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Where we are the NOAA wind forecast has gone up.  Now it is 60 to 90 mph. The 10 mph gradients on the chart for the north side near Cancun are fairly close together so hard to say.  We've been in since 6 and the resort expects to be back up and everything open by noon tomorrow.  The staff has been sent home in waves and only the essential staff remains. There are onsite quarters for staff.

Not sure what time it'll get here.  Just some breezy rain so far.

I may not survive the wife's TV choices.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on the model, and what the big High pressure area over S. Georgia does.  The GFS was weird about it:  having it come onshore S. of Brownsville, going inland like 10 miles, and then pivoting straight north until Corpus.  

So far, the Euro looks like it's sending it straight at like Tampico like the last one, and making a mess in NE Mexico.  Guess we'll see.  I wouldn't be happy in Padre right now, especially if I thought I was flying back Sunday evening.

If you were talking about the Yucatan, yeah, a tad nasty, but nothing like a really big one, right?  Thank God, the Gulf is still mostly coolish, and not the 31+ it can be in September.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Rain is about to start hereAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Wish it stayed over haiti for while would be an Improvement.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Depends on the model, and what the big High pressure area over S. Georgia does.  The GFS was weird about it:  having it come onshore S. of Brownsville, going inland like 10 miles, and then pivoting straight north until Corpus.  

So far, the Euro looks like it's sending it straight at like Tampico like the last one, and making a mess in NE Mexico.  Guess we'll see.  I wouldn't be happy in Padre right now, especially if I thought I was flying back Sunday evening.

If you were talking about the Yucatan, yeah, a tad nasty, but nothing like a really big one, right?  Thank God, the Gulf is still mostly coolish, and not the 31+ it can be in September.
View Quote

Its consistently outperformed all of the modeling and has hugged the right side of the forecast. It just got back to a Cat3 and is strengthening again vs the weakening they've called for. The gulf is in the mid 80s just like the water it just came through and wind shear is low (which hasn't seemed to matter anyway. The high pressure may be the only saving grace for further up the coast, but I'm expecting a hard north turn near or shortly after landfall
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#20]
As soon as we left the 4th of July show it opened up. Wind and downpour. Got SOAKED.  Gonna be a long night
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:45:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#24]
It may not make it through the Yucatan, it's looking like it's coming apart.

Hurricane Beryl Mexico Landfall Coverage, Texas Threat
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Beryl came ashore just north of Tulum as a cat 2.  110 mph winds.  There were some evacuations down that way. Flights in and out of Cancun are canceled but I don't know for how long.  Open tomorrow.  Canc n and other places opened shelters.  

Don't know the state of the resort since we have a jungle view.  Trees are blowing around is all we can see.  Third (top) floor and the trees are taller than the building. We have been asked to stay in our rooms until we get an all clear. Something large and heavy was banging around on the building in the night. Power out for a few minutes presumably until the generators kicked in. No water for a short while probably due to the power outage. The resort has its own water treatment plant. The building walls are thick concrete and the sliding doors to both balconies are really thick and heavy. Occasional faint booming from the wind otherwise couldn't hear it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Beryl came ashore just north of Tulum as a cat 2.  110 mph winds.  There were some evacuations down that way. Flights in and out of Cancun are canceled but I don't know for how long.  Open tomorrow.  Canc n and other places opened shelters.  

Don't know the state of the resort since we have a jungle view.  Trees are blowing around is all we can see.  Third (top) floor and the trees are taller than the building. We have been asked to stay in our rooms until we get an all clear. Something large and heavy was banging around on the building in the night. Power out for a few minutes presumably until the generators kicked in. No water for a short while probably due to the power outage. The resort has its own water treatment plant. The building walls are thick concrete and the sliding doors to both balconies are really thick and heavy. Occasional faint booming from the wind otherwise couldn't hear it.
View Quote
The more important question......are you still getting your drinks?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two fifths of JW Black Label (whiskey selection not great here) one fifth of Don Julio Reposada and one fifth of Grey Goose in our room. Dos XX and Coors Lite in the room fridge. Last bar open shut down at 6pm yesterday. They hoped to be back up by noon today. It's a terrible hardship to have to pour my own.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Two fifths of JW Black Label (whiskey selection not great here) one fifth of Don Julio Reposada and one fifth of Grey Goose in our room. Dos XX and Coors Lite in the room fridge. Last bar open shut down at 6pm yesterday. They hoped to be back up by noon today. It's a terrible hardship to have to pour my own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hurricane drinking prep and stock is most important
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It feels off to be in a hurricane and not have it be any more noticeable than it was when I'm sure the locals had a bad night and bad days to come. A mini version of the slight inconvenience a nuclear holocaust would be for Bill Gates in his New Zealand doomsday bunker.  A fore taste of Elysium. We appreciate what the staff is doing but don't feel it is owed to us.  The event is a less than a one day wonder but we prepped to be able to go for at least 48 hours without asking for anything.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Morning Update on Hurricane Beryl from NHC in Miami, FL (July 5, 2024)
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for keeping this updated... That thing heads up to St Louis as a rain maker, its gonna get ugly. The rivers around here are almost out of their banks!
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#34]
What’s the latest with the one that was behind Beryl?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What’s the latest with the one that was behind Beryl?
View Quote

*poof*
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#36]
They already have to pools cleaned up and seats out. Pool bar is opening and breakfast was served without missing a beat.

I am highly impressed with the staff here, a lot of really fine people. Dreams riviera maya, has been a great time so far.

The wind is still blowing fairly strong but the water is a beautiful blue. Raining off and on, but vaca mode is fully engaged.

1 mai tai down and many more to come.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

*poof*
View Quote

Correct.  AL96 is no more.  Beryl is the only active system being tracked by the NHC.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey Beryl, Texas would appreciate it if you don't make a strong right hook and barrel up the entire TX coast.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hey Beryl, Texas would appreciate it if you don't make a strong right hook and barrel up the entire TX coast.  Thank you.
View Quote

Seconded.  

It can head on out to hill country though.  Those guys could use some rain.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, just stock more booze.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#42]

https://www.noaa.gov/beryl
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Seconded.  

It can head on out to hill country though.  Those guys could use some rain.
View Quote

Please come allllll the way ti Fort Worth. I’ll have my wife put ‘em in the glass for you
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#44]
feel like this fucker is going to hit Houston.  the weather channel guy is preaching about how its all but surely going to keep tracking more north and east than its currently showing

im golfing in the morning tomorrow then stocking up and prepping accordingly

Conroe Texas checking in
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#46]
it's just about to hit water again

4:00 PM CDT Fri Jul 5
Moving: WNW at 15 mph
Min pressure: 989 mb
Max sustained: 65 mph

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#48]
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for...
* The Texas coast from the mouth of the Rio Grande northward to Sargent
* The northeastern coast from mainland Mexico from Barra el Mezquital to the mouth of the Rio Grande

A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* The Texas coast from the mouth of the Rio Grande northward to Sargent
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#49]
The track keeps shifting northeast… I bet it’s a Matagorda or Freeport landfall.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Afternoon Update on Tropical Storm Beryl from NHC in Miami, FL (July 5, 2024)
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top