Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link is weaksauce. I'm not looking all over the gd site for that bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
??..... Sure they are
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol. Still, those females probably have more balls than 87% of GD.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay.......so?

A few women (some of whom have children so at least they aren’t man-hating) passed a rigorous course.

What’s the problem?

If they really want to take a 3 month class with no showers, catching trenchfoot, pissing and shitting outdoors, and get eaten alive by skeeters in Florida and all then have at it.

There will probably never be a major world war again fought conventionally and the dudes that failed, simply failed. They ran, they marched, they put in the work, and are still a super small minority where other women could try to go if they wanted to and they don’t want to.

Not seeing the issue not how this is yet one more Angry White Male fear of the West crumbling.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
White borders?

Lol

The Rangers are legit turning into snow flakes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
...at heating up MREs, maybe.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#7]
@freefalle7 your not as good as women.  Also when do you suppose the first all female team will win "Best Ranger Competition"?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HKocher:
Lol. Still, those females probably have more balls than 87% of GD.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
http://gomag.com/article/first-black-female-soldier-passes-ranger-school-and-gets-engaged-to-girlfriend-at-graduation/ Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#9]
lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Has one passed BUD/S yet?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#12]
The name of the author is not surprising.  She has been at it awhile.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
Has one passed BUD/S yet?
View Quote

Don’t believe any have completed USAF pipeline either
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Demi Moore did!
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Lt. O'neal
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Pure 100% Propaganda.

Don't believe a fucking word that cunt writes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

One will eventually even if it takes a lawsuit to make it happen.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I haven’t seen any in the wild yet but there’s plenty of dudes out here with tabs . I learned a while ago you have to work with someone to know for sure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
I haven’t seen any in the wild yet but there’s plenty of dudes out here with tabs . I learned a while ago you have to work with someone to know for sure.
View Quote

So is Ranger school the new Basic?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
lol
View Quote

Am I wrong?

I mean they let foreigners and other branches go. It’s essentially mandatory for any Infantry Officer to have that course.

Given a large enough pool, it’s no shock they find some women that can pass it. It’s considered a leadership course.

It’s not like that far out. There are MPs with Ranger tabs.

I know my ratchet ass couldn’t pass and 19 yo me was doing something else.

I’m not kissing their asses or simping for them, but they did it. And there were the other women who went snd failed and didn’t tab so that dispels the “rigged game” aspect of it.

It’s like getting pissed at Tiger Woods for being good at golf instead of basketball.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#22]
More fem-nazi propaganda.

Ranger school was a bitch in the 1990’s. I have to assume the RI’s were instructed to give these gals  a pass.  Do they still do peer reviews? It would be interesting to see those.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Same school they got 7 recycles not normally offered to men after 6 months of training duty not offered to men only to fail and pass only after the public media involvement was removed.

That school?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
Same school they got 7 recycles not normally offered to men after 6 months of training duty not offered to men only to fail and pass only after the public media involvement was removed.

That school?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
Same school they got 7 recycles not normally offered to men after 6 months of training duty not offered to men only to fail and pass only after the public media involvement was removed.

That school?

Yes.
The one where you can:
Lose acountability of a lost soldier
frat other soldiers
leave a wounded casualty on the objective...

and pass.  That one.

link

Text Exchange One:

Ranger Instructor 1: Female got a “go” last night. I was out there. She shouldn’t have. But it happened and [redacted]

Ranger Instructor 2: Why did she get a go then?

Ranger Instructor 1: I was out there until actions on [that is, the raid or ambush the platoon was supposed to conduct]. Never happened because they missed their hit time. 1SG recocked them [that is, reset the mission conditions and gave them the chance to start over]. That never happened because she gave abad head count three times. We finally realized their [sic] was a missing student.

Ranger Instructor 1: Had to lock the [platoon] down and find this kid.

Ranger Instructor 3: That’s a definite go haha

Ranger Instructor 1: I thought after that the last nail was driven into the coffin. So I left.

Ranger Instructor 1: [The grading instructor] gave her a go at the end of the night. . . .

Different candidate:

An RI with firsthand knowledge of the candidate’s evaluation explains, “During clearance of the [objective], she lost control of her squad, leading to fratricide” (i.e. leading to what would have been a friendly-fire incident if live rounds were being used in a non-training environment.) Understandably, this normally earns a failing grade (an “immediate no-go”). But it didn’t here. He also said the squad left the casualty behind when it withdrew from the mission objective, normally another automatic no-go. The mission, he said, was a disaster. Nevertheless, the instructor overseeing the female candidate’s patrol gave her a passing grade. Every candidate on the mission reportedly received a no-go, except one—the female.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#25]
A woman graduating No.1 from Infantry OBC says less about her and more about either (1) shitty male infantry LTs, (2) weak IOBC standards, or (3) both.

I cannot imagine being a new Infantry 2LT arriving at his first unit and being hit with “you were in THAT IOBC class? You got beat by a girl?”
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#26]
What a fucking mess. This isn't gonna play out the way they think. Wait until one of these female tabs gets knocked up to prevent deployment.

And a tab is not the same as a scroll. Just because you make it thru ranger school does not make u a fucking ranger.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I still can't see the added benefit of trashing everything and making a ton of changes in order to let the minority of the vast minority do something that they couldn't before. The military should be there to kill people and break their shit. Not some damned social justice experiment.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#28]
BULLOFSHIT RIGHT THERE   OP.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Lol that article is salty AF
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#30]
My local news has a story about how the majority of " frontline workers" in coronavirus response are women of color.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Do females have to do the exact same things to get through the school as males?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
A woman graduating No.1 from Infantry OBC says less about her and more about either (1) shitty male infantry LTs, (2) weak IOBC standards, or (3) both.

I cannot imagine being a new Infantry 2LT arriving at his first unit and being hit with “you were in THAT IOBC class? You got beat by a girl?”
View Quote

When I went through IOBC, the grading was generally:

1. written tests
2. subjective leadership evaluations
3. PT test

Number one is possible, two is whatever they want it to be, and three Im sure was different gender standards.  The top LTs in IOBC were 11:30 two mile, 100 push up 100 situp type guys.

At least the poor souls in that class understand how the game was played.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Fuck it, let em in and fight.  They can pull a trigger just like a man.
Throw a 240B in their hands!
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

So is Ranger school the new Basic?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
I haven’t seen any in the wild yet but there’s plenty of dudes out here with tabs . I learned a while ago you have to work with someone to know for sure.

So is Ranger school the new Basic?

I am not a ranger.

I would unequivocally say NO. Ranger school is a very important step in an officers career and of course for Rangers failing is a death nail for staying in regiment. Traditionally a lot of career weight is placed on it so women not being able to go was seen as holding their careers back in a way. Now there’s no excuse which may actually do harm to other female officers in other positions. This is all new culturally and so many things are changing in the army and military as a whole. Just in my time I’ve seen so many changes it’s nuts. At the end of the day a soldier proves their worth by their character, capability and work ethic and not what is on their uniform. That’s just my opinion. We have actual rangers who can give much more valuable insight than me. Again, not a ranger.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#36]
I am not a Ranger, but I was an active-duty soldier for 12 years, and if the Ranger school let these women pass when it would have failed a man then fuck be upon those females and the schoolhouse.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#37]
If they really wanted to beat the patriarchy they'd demand a gender normed PT test....
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
I am not a Ranger, but I was an active-duty soldier for 12 years, and if the Ranger school let these women pass when it would have failed a man then fuck be upon those females and the schoolhouse.
View Quote

I knew one of the RIs that was there for these shenanigans and helped blow that whistle. It was a group effort. There’s way more that happened than even those text messages. Pictures of their peer reviews, opords, and other student generated stuff. Copies of PT scores and everything. He was quite vocal.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am not a Ranger, but I was an active-duty soldier for 12 years, and if the Ranger school let these women pass when it would have failed a man then fuck be upon those females and the schoolhouse.
View Quote
if this is true, then nothing matters.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#42]
...and none of them could drag a wounded male soldier out to cover.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@freefalle7 your not as good as women.  Also when do you suppose the first all female team will win "Best Ranger Competition"?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#45]
That site promotes itself as an independent news source for the military....

With a whole bunch of articles written by members of the Associated Press.  lol.

What a joke.

Edit: Then going through some of the twitter accounts of other authors, there's anti trump stuff.

A really independent unbiased news source.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't care how they slice it.  Without favorable treatment they go now where. They fill billets, then get knock up and taken out of the game, there is no replacement for her, so the rest of the team has to work harder to fill the gap..  Seen that go down more times than I can count in the 25 yrs I was in.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HKocher:
Lol. Still, those females probably have more balls than 87% of GD.
View Quote

Can’t say you’re wrong
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#48]
White borders?

Lol

The Rangers are legit turning into snow flakes.
View Quote

White thread (Winter class) has been a thing for a long time.

And they aren't Rangers.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Officers are libs
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I wonder if Freefall’s daughter will go for her tab like her old man?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top