Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Drone swarms" A shit ton of cheap guided anti-armor munitions.  Reactive armor is only effective when it goes off, trigger it, then hit the target again and again after that and you only defended against the first attack.
View Quote

And are those drone swarms independent of data links? Does the US even use reactive armor in the top of vehicles anyway? How do they do against Trophy? Are the drones capable of targeting the degraded sections of armor accurately? Does the US not procure systems to shoot down drones?

Admittedly a few systems are a couple of years out but the threat hasn’t been ignored.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:25:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if Dukes will work jamming drones like they did for IEDs in Iraq.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's not our problem.

Tired of funding other countries that refuse to defend themselves. Don't want invaded? Spend your godamned money on a military already.
View Quote

This, unless you wanna go overseas I do not wanna hear anymore of this fake patriots bullshit.

The same people who wanna go over and protect some other country`s borders oddly never care our border is being invaded daily.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd have to see about reliably getting anything there. I can check with FIL. I can get it to FIL no problem about 200 miles away, but not sure about getting it to the front.

Nephew is back at the front now.
View Quote

My business is buying and selling Ukrainian gear. Lots of good companies popped up in Ukraine to provide gear to the military. M-Tac makes some great stuff. P1G-TAC also has some cool gear. Just about everything I wear in these freezing temperatures is from Ukraine.

There are surplus stores in most larger shopping malls and cities. Most will deliver at no cost to the closest Nova Poshta (New Post) when purchasing online.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#6]
This is a good time for US intel agencies to figure out russias true military capabilities.

Monitor all electronic transmissions, all comms and encryption. Log every electronic weapons systems signals. Start developing countermeasures to interfere with russian comms and code breaking of encryption.

Also a great time to infiltrate behind the russian lines with Ukrainians and planting IEDs, going after supply routes, fuel depots, command and control nodes, sabotage of russian equipment -

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for sharing this info OP
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't get upset at the BRCC stuff.

But these videos show what it is like and how the Russians are shooting at them in hopes they will fight back and give them an excuse to invade

On the Ukraine frontline: 'only the dead aren't afraid'

Ukrainians Prepare for Russian Invasion

In the Trenches of Russia’s War Against Ukraine
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#9]
in for the info
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:53:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Subscribed
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#11]
FOG made a documentary about the Ukraine, but havent released it yet. I think there is some Legalise issue between them and Vice news.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This, unless you wanna go overseas I do not wanna hear anymore of this fake patriots bullshit.

The same people who wanna go over and protect some other country`s borders oddly never care our border is being invaded daily.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not our problem.

Tired of funding other countries that refuse to defend themselves. Don't want invaded? Spend your godamned money on a military already.

At least over there the side you’re defending has your back.  You’re fighting two governments and various cartels on the US border.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FOG made a documentary about the Ukraine, but havent released it yet. I think there is some Legalise issue between them and Vice news.
View Quote

Oh interesting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bread and circuses are powerful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tag. Its weird knowing that history making shit is going on yet no one really talks about it outside our circles.

Bread and circuses are powerful.

Honestly, I think all of history is like that.  It is often ignored until it is right in your face.  

The big reason why the Holocaust became such an issue for us is because out soldiers saw it, experienced first hand the atrocities of the Nazi party.  

We are ignorant of things until they affect us directly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#16]
We will call this an OST.

Wish them the best over there. Sounds like shit is going to get rough. Nice AI chassis on that rifle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My son worked with swarms in college.   "Angel Has Fallen" seemed pretty out of this world in the reality sense......until he told me it was already happening.   He jow works for Raytheon.   Very scary tech.
View Quote

I do R&D on UAS systems. Not military tech. Almost any of the open source flight controllers have swarm capabilities. Add a companion computer raspberry pi and you have a system that can complete very complex flights without the need of a data link. I cannot even get into the AI onboard stuff. Its pretty crazy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#20]
What are the items in the picture with all the gear laid out?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quality thread Cory, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quality thread Cory, thank you.
View Quote

this right here. keeping this tap open. thanks Cory
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's also at least one book coming out by an ex-pat type that's been in Ukraine for a number of years at the front.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

lol, holy shit it's me. 15 different camo patterns and I'm paying for it all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

lol, holy shit it's me. 15 different camo patterns and I'm paying for it all.
View Quote

One of us, one of us!
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Definitely subscribing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How can we support Ukrainians on the ground? If I pay enough can I get photos of Russians they kill? Asking for a friend.
View Quote

@Ryan_Scott

Wife's mom helps run/work for a volunteer effort in Ukraine.  Most regions have the same.  They raise money, buy stuff and send to front line.  Average Ukrainian salary is about $250-400 a month (a rural doctor may make $400/month), pensioniers make ~$52 a month, so they get a lot of $2-10 donations   Things the money goes to are often basic meds for troops (and working dogs), shovels/chain saws/rebar staples for building bunkers, baofeng radios, and material for making camo nets.  Threat at the border is not a new thing, Wife (Ukrainian) made nets when she visits, and we helped take stuff to pickup depo when I was there.  It's been ongoing since 2014.

This their driver's facebook page, you may find interesting: https://www.facebook.com/targosha as there are pictures of the front line bunkers.  They take casualties on the Ukrainian side, but they are instructed to not return fire, as Russia could use it as a excuse to invade.

In country you can load money to their card ( 4246 0010 0171 5675 PrivatBank) but when I send funds I send by Western Union on my now sister-in-law to deposit.  There really isn't a reason to send goods there, they have basic military hardware.  They meds for the german shepards that may cost $1, shoves that $3, food and candy that is basically 1/4th the price of what it would cost here.  Material for the volunteer's to make nets, blankets with, etc.  From the reciepts they posted looks like Beofengs cost about the same there as here.

does shutterstock have free images
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There have been several conflicts in the last few years in Asia that seriously cast into doubt the relevancy of current doctrine and capabilities..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like America isn't ready for future conflicts going by what's being tested and used over there.

There have been several conflicts in the last few years in Asia that seriously cast into doubt the relevancy of current doctrine and capabilities..

Oh man, in before people label you two American hating commies for saying that...
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How can we support Ukrainians on the ground? If I pay enough can I get photos of Russians they kill? Asking for a friend.
View Quote

Maybe set up a video hunt like they do for Texas hog hunting?  

https://www.fieldandstream.com/virtual-long-shot-hunting-texas-whitetails-from-computer/
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Tagged
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@AKCory762

Can you find out what optic is on the sniper rifle?
View All Quotes

@JHS I’m told it’s a Zeiss optic
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Someone broke down the gear loadout photo

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There's also at least one book coming out by an ex-pat type that's been in Ukraine for a number of years at the front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the book? Sounds like it might not be out yet?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't really like much of anything Russian, but I do kinda want a Stetchkin.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I was hoping they'd label the guy too lol
View All Quotes

@BenjaminDover lmao they did

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Neat thread. Wonder is they can get some parts I need.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I need to find a way to donate to their cause in the name of my grandfather who spent years in a Soviet gulag in Czechoslovakia. Godspeed Bohumír.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There are "jammer proof" drones, in that no one is controlling them, so there is no signal to jam. They get programmed to go to a specific grid, upon reaching which they start actively looking for a target.

Small highly lethal smart drones are reality at this point, albeit not the most common on the battlefield.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if Dukes will work jamming drones like they did for IEDs in Iraq.

There are "jammer proof" drones, in that no one is controlling them, so there is no signal to jam. They get programmed to go to a specific grid, upon reaching which they start actively looking for a target.

Small highly lethal smart drones are reality at this point, albeit not the most common on the battlefield.

Yep, and it’s not that difficult to do if you have the right skillset.

I’ve been playing with “autonomous” UAS for a while now, using an ArduPilot or iNav flight controller, mission planner, and a Raspberry Pi with OpenCV installed. Even with my little toys, I can say “go to this intersection, loiter at 400’, and look for a white car coming from the west”. If a white truck comes by, the drone is smart enough to descend until it can make the determination that it’s not a car and go back to waiting.

Obviously I don’t have weapons on these, but they are capable of carrying payloads of reasonable weight, and the software applies regardless of size.

Realistically, I’d probably build a semi-autonomous guided mortar using the drones as forward spotters if I were in a real situation like that. I’d only do close-loop stuff like this and weaponize the UAS itself if there were no other way due to jamming.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice stuff.  Any new posts?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Just be careful on who you support. Not sure Ukraine is all that great. I mean, America is now the baddie. Those countries who have declared war on their own citizens (UK, Austrailia, Canada, USA, etc). Certainly all of these countries that I just mentioned have been co-opted by the globalists. Are NATO the good guys anymore? What kind of dealings went on with the Biden family and Ukraine. Remember the color revolution that happened in Ukraine? The globalists took that place over. It is Russia who refuses to bend the knee to Klaus Schwabe and the WEF.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I need to find a way to donate to their cause in the name of my grandfather who spent years in a Soviet gulag in Czechoslovakia. Godspeed Bohumír.
View Quote

Reread the 3rd page. A member talks about someone he knows running donations with a fb link.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nice stuff.  Any new posts?
View Quote

Just what’s on this page. They haven’t done any other updates.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Reread the 3rd page. A member talks about someone he knows running donations with a fb link.
View Quote

Thanks, missed it.

Looks like just FB and I dumped them already.  Found this crowdfunding org which let's you donate to different types of activity such as snipers or special task forces, medical, rehab for wounded, etc.

https://www.peoplesproject.com/en/
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just be careful on who you support. Not sure Ukraine is all that great. I mean, America is now the baddie. Those countries who have declared war on their own citizens (UK, Austrailia, Canada, USA, etc). Certainly all of these countries that I just mentioned have been co-opted by the globalists. Are NATO the good guys anymore? What kind of dealings went on with the Biden family and Ukraine. Remember the color revolution that happened in Ukraine? The globalists took that place over. It is Russia who refuses to bend the knee to Klaus Schwabe and the WEF.
View Quote

Yeah I have a hard time believing anything is cut and dried over there considering how we helped them overthrow their government to get one more friendly to us, lol the globalists I mean, in place. Now the drums of war keep beating as our own nation disintegrates around us.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Great thread, thanks.

I'm curious if the separatists our wreaking havoc in the "safe" areas. Intelligence, sabotage, etc.

And what happens to a separatist if captured by Ukraine forces?
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top