Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#2]
A true sign of the times, almost every single person here is willing to abridge their 1st amendment rights out of fear of retaliation from a government employee.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A true sign of the times, almost every single person here is willing to abridge their 1st amendment rights out of fear of retaliation from a government employee.
View Quote

I still remember seeing the go-pro video of the motorcycle rider, sitting at a roundabout or 4-way stop, who beeped his horn at a cop in front of him who was just sitting there. Cop flipped his lights on, came back, and threatened to arrest him.

So yeah, I can understand the fear of retaliation.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#4]
You can doesn't mean you should.

It's my right to make a pair of boxer shorts out of taped together $100 bills and then go strolling through the projects at night wearing nothing but my boxer shorts made from cash; I might think it fun to do a little twerk every so often.

Would that be legal? Yea.
As enticing as that sounds, I think not.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I live in KY and some State Trooper......I won't go into what he did driving but would it have been legal for me to make a "gesture" to him? Would that be freedom of speach? Would it be illegal? I was tempted..........
View Quote
Legal AFAIK but not very smart.    Once you come to their attention they can normally find something to nail you for if they have the motivation.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just saw a post on Ford tail lights being over $5,000.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not true of most cops I know
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's legal, and law enforcement doesn't like your constitutional rights.

Apparently you know better cops than I do.

I've never met a single one that gave a crap about individual rights, and I know a lot of them.
The attitude is "I am the law, you do what I say, I do what I want"

Blew me away when they were in the locker rooms of a state post talking about getting the chance to shoot someone so they could see what its like and being excited about it.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Probably legal but not very wise
View Quote

Voluntarily inviting the man into your life for no reason
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I implied a Michigan State Trooper was a criminal ok from demanding bond in cash on the side of the road for a speeding ticket.  He said he could arrest me for that, I told him to fuck off, it's aong way for back uo
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I live in KY and some State Trooper......I won't go into what he did driving but would it have been legal for me to make a "gesture" to him? Would that be freedom of speach? Would it be illegal? I was tempted..........
View Quote

There is no "freedom of speach.'
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#11]
You don’t need my answer.

You already know the answer.

The correct answer has, and will be covered many, many times before anyone gets to this post.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Had a friend try this as a dumb 20 something, shot a bird at a cop he didn’t get along with in high school. The bird was covered by the 1st amendment but that didn’t stop the officer from pulling him over for “crossing the edge line”, nor the give a dog a bone to sit routine, nor the complete and utter trashing of his truck as they thoroughly searched it without finding any contraband and left most of his contents in a pile on the side of the road.

Never invite the man into your life.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Only if the LEO did something dangerous/stupid on the road that endangered me, same standard as anyone else. Dual-channel dash cameras would be running front and rear, and I would strive to have an open box of donuts sitting in the seat next to me, with a box of MilkBone dog-biscuits stuffed under the seat for the inevitable K9 search.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pfft what's the threat of a little tune up or a DC charge. Sometimes you just have to let your displeasure known. Never stopped me when warranted.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Boolzie, my fellow Kentuckian, knows  these goons. Everyone else's State Troopers must be Mary Poppins in a Smokey hat. Not here in Kentucky. In my stupid youth I found a guy guilty on the testamony of a State Trooper to a minor charge. Won't do that again if I get jury duty in the future.
 Since this thread took off I'll say what he did. I was waiting at a stop light on a 4 lane road. He cut the corner on me, he was driving slow, so that I thought he was going to scrape my bumper. I guess he was trying to get a reaction out of me. Typical State Police BS here in Kentucky we have to put up with all the time. Never any issues with the county or city police.

I;m a 62 year old white male with severe disablity (wheelchair). I would have LOVED for him to pull me over and tried to find an issue. At least the time he was wasting on me would keep him occupied. Never thought in my wildest dreams America would come to this.
View Quote
So this is all because you didn't like how a trooper negotiated a turn in your vicinity?

Sounds reasonable. <snort>
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Cop does something you don't like, cuts you off in traffic, you should be able to flip him/her off...

Car with three or four extra thug looking individuals, maybe MS13 cuts you off it traffic, you should be able to flip them off....

If you would flip off the cop but not the gang bangers stop using your rights like a bitch.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#18]
In PA it's considered an obscene gesture. Not protected under the 1st, you will get popped.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Legal, but that doesn't mean he won't try to find other charges he can give you.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

hey don't believe it if you don't want to, but I was there and heard it with my own ears.

So was a family member who is a trooper at that post, along with my GF's brother who is a trooper at that post, and a family friend who's son is a trooper at that post.
All of us in the same room when they were talking about it, and it isn't the first time i've heard it either.

They also have a "deal" amongst troopers at this post where you don't pull over another troopers family members and ticket them.
If you happen to get pulled over then you tell them who your family member is and how you are related, off you go. Got my mom out of a speeding ticket a couple years ago.

You wouldnt believe half of what is actually talked about if I told you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Cop does something you don't like, cuts you off in traffic, you should be able to flip him/her off...

Car with three or four extra thug looking individuals, maybe MS13 cuts you off it traffic, you should be able to flip them off....

If you would flip off the cop but not the gang bangers stop using your rights like a bitch.
View Quote

Your false equivalencies are false. Now give me an "mmmmmmmmkay?"
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Supreme court ruled it is free speech.

One of the audit the audit videos dealt with this specifically....
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I flip off the trooper running traffic illegally in his unmarked car.

I've also made a point of calling his superior every time I see him doing it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It is legal AND you should do it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#25]
As I recall the USSC said it was legal based on a case out of NYC where a citizen flipped off an NYPD officer and he was arrested for it.

I know per my local ADA it is legal to flip off anyone but if you wave or shake the middle finger at them it could be considered menacing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Contempt of cop is not s crime.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Use your rights, or lose your rights.
Is it really a right if you are afraid of retribution?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Legal
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Of course it is legal.

Ever heard of the 1st Amendment?

Yes but not here
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes. I know a guy that got baited by a guy after getting repeatedly flipped off during a shift (same guy), and he finally pulled him over without reason.

The guy was filming everything, got him flustered, and then he maced him.

He got fired over it (rightfully so) but the story is funny as hell when he tells it because it was an act of frustration after getting fucked with for hours.
View Quote

Oh, look at that guy, he can count his IQ on one finger.  
Oh well, time to have another sip of coffee while I wait for my shift to end.
- 80% of cops today.
The other 20% are a different matter, and the 5% (the guy you know) shouldn't have been issued badges in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

i would suggest not picking out armed gov agents to bait into lawsuits. doesn't seem wise from a life expectancy standpoint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legal and a good way to bait them into a lawsuit.

i would suggest not picking out armed gov agents to bait into lawsuits. doesn't seem wise from a life expectancy standpoint.

Your fear of your government responded violently to childish bs is a sign of how shitty that govt is.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
Only flipping off people (freedom of speech) that you think won't or can't retaliate is being a bitch. amiright
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In PA it's considered an obscene gesture. Not protected under the 1st, you will get popped.
View Quote

When did PA secede?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Legal?  Sure.  But, you might want to use some of the KY you live in to lube up...
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never met a single one that gave a crap about individual rights, and I know a lot of them.

Blew me away when they were in the locker rooms of a state post talking about getting the chance to shoot someone so they could see what its like and being excited about it.

Seems plausible considering PA trooper foley approached a fellow PA trooper to assist him in murdering the husband of trooper foley's paramour.

https://www.cleveland.com/nation/2009/03/prosecutor_says_pennsylvania_t.html
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You can doesn't mean you should.
View Quote

Always fun seeing this one.

Looking at countless videos and court decisions it appears the le version is "just because you shouldn't, doesn't mean you can't".
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This didn't happen so much it unhappened things that did.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Of course it's legal, I used to do it all the time when I was a deputy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We know le have discussed committing murder by way of trooper foley's murder trial.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#40]
It's illegal for a cop to get really pissed off and then murder you.  Lots of things are illegal.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes.  Recommended, no.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We know le have discussed committing murder by way of trooper foley's murder trial.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An ex-husband talking crazy about his ex-wife's new man has fuck all to do with law enforcement locker room talk about killing a random person.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#44]
IBTL
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably legal but not very wise

Yeah …

A KSP buddy of mine “ retired “ always said “ You don’t fuck with the state police “.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's illegal for a cop to get really pissed off and then murder you.  Lots of things are illegal.
View Quote

And as we saw with the murders of Botham Jean and Sherri Rasmussen(just to name a couple) le will often go to great lengths to get their coworkers off the hook for those murders.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#47]
I got my school bus pulled over for doing that
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Pretty sad state of affairs when a simple hand gesture would have severe government intrusion. Why are cops so cock worshiped again?  Never got that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

An ex-husband talking crazy about his ex-wife's new man has fuck all to do with law enforcement locker room talk about killing a random person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe so why not stick to what did happen with 2 le discussing plans to commit a murder.

trooper foley wasn't an ex husband.  trooper foley wanted to murder his paramour's husband and tried to recruit his fellow PA trooper to help.  The fellow pa trooper decided to forego the notch in the belt that would have lead to career advancement and opted for giving professional courtesy instead.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Openly talking about wanting to get it on for the thrill of it is bullshit.

Here is a secret. Your average cop has had many a good shoot situations pass without actually shooting a person.

You don't have to wish for it. It is going to happen. Has probably happened to me a half dozen or more times.

That is the part the guys who have never got to do the job don't see.

The only thing remotely possible is guys who train hard and say if an active shooter situation happens, let it happen on my shift. Because they have the confidence to handle it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems plausible considering PA trooper foley approached a fellow PA trooper to assist him in murdering the husband of trooper foley's paramour.

Openly talking about wanting to get it on for the thrill of it is bullshit.

Here is a secret. Your average cop has had many a good shoot situations pass without actually shooting a person.

You don't have to wish for it. It is going to happen. Has probably happened to me a half dozen or more times.

That is the part the guys who have never got to do the job don't see.

The only thing remotely possible is guys who train hard and say if an active shooter situation happens, let it happen on my shift. Because they have the confidence to handle it.

Saw video of almost 400 cops who found themselves in that situation.  They attacked families of victims instead.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top