User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No.
Only flipping off people (freedom of speech) that you think won't or can't retaliate is being a bitch. amiright
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cop does something you don't like, cuts you off in traffic, you should be able to flip him/her off...

Car with three or four extra thug looking individuals, maybe MS13 cuts you off it traffic, you should be able to flip them off....

If you would flip off the cop but not the gang bangers stop using your rights like a bitch.

Your false equivalencies are false. Now give me an "mmmmmmmmkay?"

No.
Only flipping off people (freedom of speech) that you think won't or can't retaliate is being a bitch. amiright

One instance is with a public servant who has the power to intrude on your rights, and who should be reminded that he cannot in ordinary instances, and the other is with a group who would cut you, Holmes. There is a difference.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

One instance is with a public servant who has the power to intrude on your rights, and who should be reminded that he cannot in ordinary instances, and the other is with a group who would cut you, Holmes. There is a difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cop does something you don't like, cuts you off in traffic, you should be able to flip him/her off...

Car with three or four extra thug looking individuals, maybe MS13 cuts you off it traffic, you should be able to flip them off....

If you would flip off the cop but not the gang bangers stop using your rights like a bitch.

No.

Perhaps chalk it up as a Freudian slip acknowledging the similarities between such things as civil asset forfeiture and the earning methods of private sector Street gangs?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Cut you is not intrude on your rights?

Alternative view:
Jr high kid mouths off to teacher (is a little bitch) because he knows the teacher can't bust his ass; whereas the Jr high kid would not mouth off to a larger high school kid that he thinks might knock him the fuck out.
If you only are a bitch to people who you think can't or won't retaliate then you are a bitch.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Alternative view:
Jr high kid mouths off to teacher (is a little bitch) because he knows the teacher can't bust his ass; whereas the Jr high kid would not mouth off to a larger high school kid that he thinks might knock him the fuck out.
If you only are a bitch to people who you think can't or won't retaliate then you are a bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Alternative view:

Nothing preventing cops from retaliating or initiating for that matter since they are rarely held criminally or civilly responsible for their actions.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Alternative view:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Alternative view:

The difference here is the nature of the relationship. One person (or group) is my employee and a representative of the government. My employee at times tries to exert authority over me, and I may express my displeasure or opinion by flipping him off to show him who works for whom.

The original question was whether it is legal and/or advisable for a person to flip off a state trooper. I say, "hell yes!" I'm the boss and he may prove himself to be a petty tyrant. I am prepared for the interaction.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#6]
The art of persuasion is lost on so many here. Like the saying goes, if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.  

Tell me OP, aside from temporary gratification, how does flipping off a cop help you with any interaction you may have with one?
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Legal.

Never found a trooper couldn't find something extra to pull you over and ticket you for, so I'd only do it if you are good with it being worth $150 or so.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Legal, but FAFO. He, or She will be your Huckleberry and will find a reason for you to respect their authorita! You want to jam one up, hold your cool and call their shift supervisor and tie them up for an hour or two. As has happened time and again, first amendment issue.

Have the offenders name and badge number and badger whoever answers forever until you get satisfaction,  you'll see a change if you are right and can get them to relent. They "love" call's from the concerned  public. At the ground level, they have some control,  above that, they loose control and are more accountable and they don't like that.

They hate being reminded that they are public servants,  not the Gestapo.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:29:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Apparently you know better cops than I do.

I've never met a single one that gave a crap about individual rights, and I know a lot of them.
The attitude is "I am the law, you do what I say, I do what I want"

Blew me away when they were in the locker rooms of a state post talking about getting the chance to shoot someone so they could see what its like and being excited about it.

View Quote
Maybe it's prevalent based on location.  In my neck of the woods (literally) most cops I know are good guys who don't go out of their way to be dicks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you normally flip off other drivers for no reason? Is there a particular reason you treat someone youve never met so poorly?
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Legal, but it would probably be a poor choice.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Why stick your dick into a hornets nest?
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#13]
But can you flip off the fire department? Fuck the fire department.

@lug1
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do you normally flip off other drivers for no reason? Is there a particular reason you treat someone youve never met so poorly?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I have people do irritating things in traffic frequently; I don't flip them off.
I'm always carrying, flipping someone off could be seen as instigating or escalation that I should have avoided.
Also, some people are nuts, never know if the guy who cut you off in traffic just got divorced, lost a child, diagnosed with a terminal disease - may not take more than flipping them the bird to set them off.
I'm definitely not flipping off a cop nor am I flipping off somebody's grandma for pulling out in front of me then proceeding to go under the speed limit, frequently happens here as there are a bunch of elderly people driving around, said by someone who is 56.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
At what point is there a minimum expectation that the cops know it’s bait?

We can hire better cops.
View Quote

Just more proof of too many Jackboot NPCs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#16]
You actually saw a KSP? Wow! Never ever see them anywhere.

KSP are pretty much the good guys, not the revenue generators like some other states.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Maybe it's prevalent based on location.  In my neck of the woods (literally) most cops I know are good guys who don't go out of their way to be dicks.
View Quote

there is some truth to this, also there is an age demographic.

There are a handful of them I went to highschool with that are good people, all married with families and a life thats more than just being a cop.

all the troopers that have made the remarks I posted in this thread are single, between the ages of 25-35, and basically have nothing going for them other than they are "the law"
A few of them still live at home with their parents. They have also been troopers for less than 5-6 years.

This is also a rural area, the largest city within 1.5 hours is about 7,500 people.

The troopers that have a decade of experience would prefer not to have any interactions of pulling people over or respond to calls, just more paperwork for them.
they would rather ride up and down the road and stop at all the local gun shops.  

But in the course of the past year or so there have been several officer involved shootings, including one actual shoot out with a guy.
I still have a picture of the response with roughly 80 cruisers from all over the state responding and parked in a small town with the population of about 175 people.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You actually saw a KSP? Wow! Never ever see them anywhere.

KSP are pretty much the good guys, not the revenue generators like some other states.
View Quote

No, not really. We have plenty of Ksp in eastern ky, especially the ramp hamster dot. Yesterday there were 3 ksp hanging out on the bypass in Paris pulling over work trucks and issuing $300 plus dot fines. These were vehicle enforcement i assume, cant tell since they stop using the brown vehicle. They are probably one of the biggest money generators out there and pull over anyone in a work truck for an inspection. I have never heard of any contractor leaving the stop with less than $300 in fines, except my buddy who is a cop and had a side business excavating. I saw him pulled over and called him after it, his truck and trailer were junk…he said the cop just brought his license back and said have a good day. Of coarse when he ran it it came back as leo. No inspection at all. Good club to be in.

But yes, ksp has a big presence in rural places. Vehicle enforcement is all over 64.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Legal.

Never found a trooper couldn't find something extra to pull you over and ticket you for, so I'd only do it if you are good with it being worth $150 or so.
View Quote

It's interesting that we all seem to acknowledge that that there's a high risk they'll retaliate for a first amendment protected activity.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, not really. We have plenty of Ksp in eastern ky, especially the ramp hamster dot. Yesterday there were 3 ksp hanging out on the bypass in Paris pulling over work trucks and issuing $300 plus dot fines. These were vehicle enforcement i assume, cant tell since they stop using the brown vehicle. They are probably one of the biggest money generators out there and pull over anyone in a work truck for an inspection. I have never heard of any contractor leaving the stop with less than $300 in fines, except my buddy who is a cop and had a side business excavating. I saw him pulled over and called him after it, his truck and trailer were junk…he said the cop just brought his license back and said have a good day. Of coarse when he ran it it came back as leo. No inspection at all. Good club to be in.

But yes, ksp has a big presence in rural places. Vehicle enforcement is all over 64.
View Quote

CVE folks don't make shit for $$$. Your kid could make more $$$ as a manager at McSlop in Paris.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Something something dont invite the man in to your life.
View Quote

This.  Legal... probably.  Smart?  No.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's interesting that we all seem to acknowledge that that there's a high risk they'll retaliate for a first amendment protected activity.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legal.

IMO it's a good test to see who is capable of being trusted with authority of the government. If your skin is that thin, you're in the wrong job. If it satisfies you to use the authority of government to retaliate against someone who flips you off, there's a problem. That being said, there's nothing illegal about following that individual around in public and observing them. But still, I would hope there are better things to do. Why invite even more drama into your life? Just smile and wave.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#23]
KSP watches this forum like a hawk....

For good reasons and bad ones.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I did it once, didn’t work out for me. Lesson learned
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#25]
FPNI.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Most I know just reciprocate the gesture and carry on about their day.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#27]
It’s legal.

So is hitting yourself between the eyes with a ball peen hammer…

Neither are wise choices.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Most I know just reciprocate the gesture and carry on about their day.
View Quote

How many arfcops work in a department where a proportionate response (returning the gesture) would get them a Conduct Unbecoming?
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

CVE folks don't make shit for $$$. Your kid could make more $$$ as a manager at McSlop in Paris.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have no idea what you mean. My kid? My kid wasn’t mentioned in my post. What’s a cve?

On edit..commercial vehicle enforcement. Their just ksp, same pay scale, full ksp power. But cops I talked to all say ksp does not pay well and it costs a fortune to wear the gray suit, but, full jurisdiction and hardly nobody to answer to. But you do patrol by yourself in some bad places.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
KSP watches this forum like a hawk....

For good reasons and bad ones.
View Quote

Go on…I need a friend on the inside. Happens in lex with builders/contractors a lex police…
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Grow up
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

People need to act like they have some common sense when they drive
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Of course it’s legal.

But that would be “inviting The Man into your life.”
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@lug1
View Quote
They are all jackasses.  Most arrogant people on the planet.  "A" shifters get their law degree with OJT.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#34]
It may be legal, but its stupid and rude.
I was once called a "Murdering, rapist, piece of shit" by a commie peace bitch in Berlin, while in uniform and accompanied by a uniformed German Major and a squad of mixed UK/GER troopers.

Yeah, I did want to order them to fuck her up.
But it would have been in contravention to the law.

If you wear a uniform, backed by governmental powers, follow the law, not feelings, Soldier, policeman, whatever.

Eta, She spat on me as well.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They are all jackasses.  Most arrogant people on the planet.  "A" shifters get their law degree with OJT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@lug1

Oh you want to know a major asshole, the fire marshals now carry firearms. Yup. If you’re a contractor and accidentally hit a gas line(it happens and it’s not as bad as it sounds) they show up blading. There’s a chick in lex that is a raging bitch.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Seems Childish
View Quote

I agree.

Much like the guys that brag about what they would have done or would have said, if they had been pulled over…..

Lots of tough guys on here.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I agree.

Much like the guys that brag about what they would have done or would have said, if they had been pulled over…..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems Childish

I agree.

Even if the cop is a raging asshole I’m generally not out there flipping anyone off.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Of course it is legal.

Ever heard of the 1st Amendment?

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be a dick about it though.
View Quote
Doubly so if you were waving a US flag or had a red hat on.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Flipping off gangbangers is legal too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Michael Keaton Flips Off The Cops
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Have no idea what you mean. My kid? My kid wasn’t mentioned in my post. What’s a cve?

On edit..commercial vehicle enforcement. Their just ksp, same pay scale, full ksp power. But cops I talked to all say ksp does not pay well and it costs a fortune to wear the gray suit, but, full jurisdiction and hardly nobody to answer to. But you do patrol by yourself in some bad places.
View Quote

CVE doesn't get the same pay because they don't get the same training, and the state troopers rarely do complete DoT inspections.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
while flipping off the cop is legal i'm almost positive, with how many laws are on the books, the cop could end up finding something illegal you are doing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#44]
What you can do

What you should do

and

The Golden Rule....

Choose wisely

Red
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#45]
It’s immature.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Of course it is legal.

Ever heard of the 1st Amendment?

Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a dick about it though.
View Quote

It is protected speech and if the trooper retaliate he is up the creek.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Flipping off gangbangers is legal too.
View Quote

Too Shay, amigo
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

CVE doesn't get the same pay because they don't get the same training, and the state troopers rarely do complete DoT inspections.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My understanding was they all graduated trooper academy and the dot get extra training. But I understand that I understand things incorrectly, sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#49]
I know the story of a guy 10 years ago went into a city specifically to flip off a cop. Had a video cameras running and everything.

Drove in and flipped off the first cop he saw.
Cops flips a U turn and immediately pulls him over.
Guy parks in a legal parking spot.
Cop says he's being pulled over for disorderly conduct. Guy asks him to explain arrest for protected speech.
Tells him to get out of the car to be arrested.
Guy takes 5 seconds longer than cop wants,
already amped up cops grabs the guys arm and pepper sprays him. Rips him out car. Arrested him for resisting and obstruction as well
Tows the legally parked car

Takes him to police station covered in pepper spray and police station booking area cameras rolling
Guy asks for water, cop refuses and slams him down on the booking bench
and cuffs him to bench and lets him marinate for 20 minutes
Guy starts having breathing trouble and chest pain for the slam and requests medical attention, they bicker back and forth until 2nd cop comes in and sees the situation and calls for EMS

Guy sues the city and got awarded $75,000
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Legal. Also inviting him to find a way to fuck with you. Hard pass on that one for me.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top