[#1]
[youtube]shorts/lFe7pLeWGFg[/youtube]

Not sure how to insert shorts.

Pulled over for flipping off cop
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

CVE doesn't get the same pay because they don't get the same training, .
View Quote

Care to highlight where that is stated in this:

https://kentuckystatepolice.org/recruitment/#1510240726411-c1814a16-2d95
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CVE doesn't get the same pay because they don't get the same training, .

I’ve never heard the vehicle enforcement guys were anything other than a trooper with more training.

Still, a bad one makes for a shitty day.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

CVE folks don't make shit for $$$. Your kid could make more $$$ as a manager at McSlop in Paris.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not really. We have plenty of Ksp in eastern ky, especially the ramp hamster dot. Yesterday there were 3 ksp hanging out on the bypass in Paris pulling over work trucks and issuing $300 plus dot fines. These were vehicle enforcement i assume, cant tell since they stop using the brown vehicle. They are probably one of the biggest money generators out there and pull over anyone in a work truck for an inspection. I have never heard of any contractor leaving the stop with less than $300 in fines, except my buddy who is a cop and had a side business excavating. I saw him pulled over and called him after it, his truck and trailer were junk…he said the cop just brought his license back and said have a good day. Of coarse when he ran it it came back as leo. No inspection at all. Good club to be in.

But yes, ksp has a big presence in rural places. Vehicle enforcement is all over 64.

CVE folks don't make shit for $$$. Your kid could make more $$$ as a manager at McSlop in Paris.

Well that isn't true.  

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/McDonald's/salaries?job_category=management&location=US%2FKY%2FParis
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I did that once and got pulled over.  He was pissed but eventually let me go.  Would not recommend.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#6]
In Maryland, a state trooper can order your vehicle be towed to a privately-owned garage for a safety inspection and repair if he believes it is not safe to drive on the road.
I wouldn't flip one off.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In Maryland, a state trooper can order your vehicle be towed to a privately-owned garage for a safety inspection and repair if he believes it is not safe to drive on the road.
I wouldn't flip one off.

Kharn
View Quote

And the more cops are exposed doing this, the more people despise and distrust cops.  The very fact that pretty much everyone here is saying "legal, but the cop will find some way to fuck you over" means we all know that you are likely to run into an asshole retaliatory cop.  Sorry, a "rare bad apple."

What does that say about our government?

I know I no longer assume the cops are in the right anymore.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wouldn't flip one off.

Kharn
View Quote

Why do you guys give them that authority?  That’s absurd.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well that isn't true.  

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/McDonald's/salaries?job_category=management&location=US%2FKY%2FParis
View Quote

Hmm, maybe I’ll hit that apply button. Could only do it part time but that get out jail free card would be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't flip one off.

Kharn

Who's going to stop them?  Besides, we need the fine boys in blue!

Without cops, society would descend into chaos!  Who'd help people find/retrieve stolen vehicles!?!
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wouldn't flip one off.

Kharn
View Quote

Judging by some of the hoopties i see rolling through there it doesn't happen enough
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Without cops, society would descend into chaos!  Who'd help people find/retrieve stolen vehicles!?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't flip one off.

Kharn

The legislature should.  Government enforced inspections for cars are just a racket.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't flip one off.

Kharn

WV also. I didn't even believe it until I had a guy come to me it happened to. Still only seen it once. Just an amazing level of statism by some past legislature.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

WV also. I didn't even believe it until I had a guy come to me it happened to. Still only seen it once. Just an amazing level of statism by some past legislature.
View Quote

During past threads on vehicle inspections I tried and failed to find statistics that show states with mandatory inspections are safer to drive in than those without.

So it costs money, gives the state more authority, and doesn’t actually fix anything.  But it feels like it should help.  A pefrfect government program.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#15]
This reminds me of when my dad ran for office when I was in college, and he made me stand on street corners with signs, waving. If I had a badge and a gun, I totally would have ran those fucks down who gave me the bird and let them obstruct the fuck out of me. I mean, that type of authority is part of the incentives package that makes up for lower pay.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

During past threads on vehicle inspections I tried and failed to find statistics that show states with mandatory inspections are safer to drive in than those without.

So it costs money, gives the state more authority, and doesn’t actually fix anything.  But it feels like it should help.  A pefrfect government program.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's complete bullshit. Florida somehow manages with what, 20 million people? WV has 1.8 million people. The only difference is that it was run by Democrats for years. I have zero doubt that the inspection regime does nothing but provide a source of income to repair facilities and also give one more pretextual harassment option to police.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The legislature should.  Government enforced inspections for cars are just a racket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't flip one off.

Kharn

Even if the legislature passes a law against something, it's not like cops don't have a million ways to avoid personal consequenses for "ignorance" of the law.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Guy sues the city and got awarded $75,000
View Quote

And what, if anything happened to the cop who went above and beyond in finding ways to violate his rights?
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Let it go and go about your day. Just imagine having a job where most of the people you are called to deal with hate you, a tiny sliver of the public thinks you’re okay.  Maybe a good trooper having a bad day…

Society was more polite 25 years ago compared to today. We didn’t let these things get to us.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't flip one off.

Kharn

There is no annual inspection in MD, only when you transfer ownership. So the troopers can either issue you a fix-it ticket for small violations (headlights, etc) where you bring it to the barracks within a week and show you fixed it, but if it's obviously unsafe to drive (slammed suspension, Carolina squat, parts falling off, rust holes in the frame the size of Delaware, etc), you'll be towed.

In PA's annual inspection, any rust perforation of a body panel is a failure, for example. Raised paint is all that is allowed (and watch the shady shops tap your raised paint with a few tools to find the soft spots).  MD is much more forgiving of shitty vehicles, until the cops decide to be all up in your business or you're an asshole in Ocean City.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There is no annual inspection in MD, only when you transfer ownership. So the troopers can either issue you a fix-it ticket for small violations (headlights, etc) where you bring it to the barracks within a week and show you fixed it, but if it's obviously unsafe to drive (slammed suspension, Carolina squat, parts falling off, rust holes in the frame the size of Delaware, etc), you'll be towed.

In PA's annual inspection, any rust perforation of a body panel is a failure, for example. Raised paint is all that is allowed (and watch the shady shops tap your raised paint with a few tools to find the soft spots).  MD is much more forgiving of shitty vehicles, until the cops decide to be all up in your business or you're an asshole in Ocean City.

Kharn
View Quote

Do you know what statute gives them that authority?  Because it sounds rather broad.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And what, if anything happened to the cop who went above and beyond in finding ways to violate his rights?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cop was suspended during the investigation. Then he resigned. The police chief said what the cop did "wasn't in his job duties even if the suspect deserved what had coming to him for his attitude". The video wasn't horrible at all for a 1A audit, the guy was calm, he just flipped off the cop and pissed him off citing the legal law
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Let it go and go about your day. Just imagine having a job where most of the people you are called to deal with hate you, a tiny sliver of the public thinks you’re okay.  Maybe a good trooper having a bad day…

Society was more polite 25 years ago compared to today. We didn’t let these things get to us.
View Quote

25 years ago the eyewitness claims of how an incident unfolded would almost invariably be dismissed as ne'er-do-wells just trying to destroy an officer who was as pure as the wind driven snow.

Then video recording technology advanced.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Do you know what statute gives them that authority?  Because it sounds rather broad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I asked my BIL, a state trooper.
22-101:
(a)    (1)    A person may not drive and the owner may not cause or knowingly permit to be driven on any highway any vehicle or combination of vehicles that:

(i)    Is in such unsafe condition as to endanger any person;

Plus as many other tickets as they can write depending on handheld cellphone use, unbuckled or improper car seat for kids, tint, and usually arrest them for being a douchebag with a gun and/or drugs and/or DUI.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

22-101:

Plus as many other tickets as they can write depending on handheld cellphone use, unbuckled or improper car seat for kids, tint, and usually arrest them for being a douchebag with a gun and/or drugs and/or DUI.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

22-101:
(a)    (1)    A person may not drive and the owner may not cause or knowingly permit to be driven on any highway any vehicle or combination of vehicles that:

Kharn

Wow.  What an amazingly vague statute.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#26]
100% legal. So is telling them to fuck off or to go fuck themselves.

Any cop who would act on these insutls is an immature jackass.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

22-101:

Kharn

VAGUERY is an amazing thing for LE and lawyers and judges.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#28]
It is. The Trooper can flip back, tho.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The cop was suspended during the investigation. Then he resigned. The police chief said what the cop did "wasn't in his job duties even if the suspect deserved what had coming to him for his attitude". The video wasn't horrible at all for a 1A audit, the guy was calm, he just flipped off the cop and pissed him off citing the legal law
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Resigned?  Not even close to punishment and deterrence.

Fired for cause, and permanently banned from any form of law enforcement job is a start.  The only thing I can assume is that former cop will pop back up as a full time cop somewhere else.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

22-101:

Kharn

MD laws are very vague, because they've never been reformed since they were initially written along with heavily drawn from common law.
"Second degree assault" is punishable by up-to-10 years in prison, its a misdemeanor which only requires the victim believe they were in danger.
"First degree assault" is an up-to-25 year felony, and only requires an attempt to cause physical injury.
Add in judges who are appointed to the bench during a vacancy, and then run unopposed for election and you know who is getting time served after their 10th offense vs who would get 25 years for their first.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

and get written up because the original "flipper" was offended by unprofessional conduct and complained
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would retaliate with a two-handed flip with some animated finger action. That’ll show him.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top