Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 89
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Headed down to Port Charlotte in the AM. See if I can perform some type of miracle on the cryo system to get the magnet running in the hospital.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Headed down to Port Charlotte in the AM. See if I can perform some type of miracle on the cryo system to get the magnet running in the hospital.
View Quote

Godspeed
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It costs the insurance companies big bucks to remove and properly dispose of totaled boats after a storm like this. After Sandy they were paying out the full covered amounts and then offering to sell the boats back to their owners for pennies on the dollar, which they could have fully repaired for a fraction of the payout while saving the disposal costs. Win/win in many cases
View Quote
I would think that if they were not flooded the engines would be worth big bucks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm at where the S is for Sat. 2am.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Local news just said ~160k without power.

EDIT: And one more, just lost power at my place.
View Quote

Same here.

Thankfully it’s cool out and rain is soothing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Update on the people that were in the red house that floated away in the timelapse video from Ft. Myers Beach…. They made it out and somehow survived!

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Unconfirmed report that I75 is out at mile marker 184, bridge collapsed. Came in from a ham on the road to state EOC.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I-75 overpass at 182 is closed in both directions due to structural damage I-75 closed from River Road to Toledo Blade.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
What a Cunt bag!  This is disgusting!
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure what has been posted since landfall, just finally got enough signal. Can't get out of my immediate area in North Port due to bridge damages on 3 of the 4 ways out, and flooding on the 4th. If one of you arf millionaires could land a Chinook at my house full of ice and gas, and pick up a minivan with my wife and kids, that would be great.

Seriously, if anyone has info on routes out, email me please.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Surfing waves only went up to 7 feet in Sebastian and 3 feet at Reef Road. New Smyrna was 7 feet but bad conditions
View Quote

South Beach was big and ugly:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd8jVJ0VEAAZ91h?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd8jVKPUcAIvFpY?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

More old FL gone. There are a lot of people out of Business and out of jobs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd8qjX7UoAEK-MW?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

Peace river was flooded a week before Ian.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking making up definitions as they go along.  "Equity" as in being fair and impartial?  Fuck no, she means in favoring one class over another.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Sanibel ghetto? Lol
View Quote
Sanibel isn't the only place to get hit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would think that if they were not flooded the engines would be worth big bucks.
View Quote

As hard as it is to get used motors, I am pretty sure they would go pretty quick. Hell, I've been on a waiting list for twin 150's for over a year now
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Not sure if this was posted already. NOAA satellite imagery.

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/ian/index.html#15/26.4818/-81.9749
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#27]
It's only a footnote to the Florida story; but the damage is continuing tonight in NC.
It's up to 375,000 out of power in NC as trees are coming down on houses, streets and powerlines.
It looks like most damage is in the corridor between Greensboro and Raleigh stretching back south to the landfall in Georgetown, SC.
Family is out of power for several hours while I've been lucky so far with just some flickers on and off.
The temp is 53 here west of Winston - kind of strange for a TS.
It should be clearing north into VA by morning.

Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:05:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Current screenshot of the FLDOT webcam at MM 178 on I75 S.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/FDOT-2545811.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I-75 overpass at 182 is closed in both directions due to structural damage I-75 closed from River Road to Toledo Blade.

Quoted:
Unconfirmed report that I75 is out at mile marker 184, bridge collapsed. Came in from a ham on the road to state EOC.

No bueno
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had something that kinda pissed me off happen today and it delayed me getting to my place in Port Charlotte by a day or two.

River Road (191) is my exit.

I think I'll take my time getting supplies around tomorrow and loading up. No need to be in a hurry with that shitshow on I75.

This has been a goofy fucking year...

Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I really hope they tack polk county on soon. We got hammered
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Fd10EN2XgAAbQgx-2544386.jpg

Maybe this can help someone.

I really hope they tack polk county on soon. We got hammered

Volusia county is pretty bad as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone needs to sue them.  Immediately.  God there is no suffering or ill fate i don’t wish on motherfucking Democrats at this point.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm in Lexington, Virginia, at 1600' msl.  We're getting some 40-50 mph gusts up here on the mountain.  Winds are weird up here.  They go silent for minute, then all hell breaks loose with huge gusts.  The doggies are randomly barking and looking at me like, wtf was that, dad?

Neighbors and I all had a plan going into this.  Chainsaws are all gassed up in case we need to cut our way back down the driveways.

Wish I was closer to help out our Florida peeps.  God speed to you all.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's only a footnote to the Florida story; but the damage is continuing tonight in NC.
It's up to 375,000 out of power in NC as trees are coming down on houses, streets and powerlines.
It looks like most damage is in the corridor between Greensboro and Raleigh stretching back south to the landfall in Georgetown, SC.
Family is out of power for several hours while I've been lucky so far with just some flickers on and off.

View Quote
Mom's house is in Lewisville. Hopefully she listened when I told her to get settled tonight.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Kamala is slammed for causing 'undue panic' to survivors of Hurricane Ian after saying Biden administration will focus on 'giving resources based on equity' to 'communities of color' - as Ron DeSantis' spokesperson accuses her of 'lying'

Video

The vice president continued: 'I know we are all thinking about the families in Florida and Puerto Rico with [Hurricane] Fiona and what we need to do to help them in terms of an immediate response and aid.'

She went on: 'We have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity.'

Harris added: 'Understanding not everyone starts out at the same place, and if we want people to be in an equal place, sometimes we have to take into account those disparities.'

More
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 2:08:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a feeling that when the dust settles on this, I will lose everything. The economy was in shambles before this and we were barely hanging on. I don't think I will have work for months after this. Sick to my stomach and trying to put a brave face on for the wife and kids.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 5:26:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Surfing waves only went up to 7 feet in Sebastian and 3 feet at Reef Road. New Smyrna was 7 feet but bad conditions
View Quote

There were some nutters out at Cocoa beach trying their luck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have a feeling that when the dust settles on this, I will lose everything. The economy was in shambles before this and we were barely hanging on. I don't think I will have work for months after this. Sick to my stomach and trying to put a brave face on for the wife and kids.
View Quote

There will be a path forward. What business or industry are you in?
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 5:40:23 AM EDT
[#39]
What effect will this have on Soros's ability to ship in enough fake absentee ballots to tip the upcoming Congressional midterms for "Team Communist?"

Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Kamala is slammed for causing 'undue panic' to survivors of Hurricane Ian after saying Biden administration will focus on 'giving resources based on equity' to 'communities of color' - as Ron DeSantis' spokesperson accuses her of 'lying'

Video

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/10/01/04/62992239-11269047-image-a-80_1664595968199.jpg

The vice president continued: 'I know we are all thinking about the families in Florida and Puerto Rico with [Hurricane] Fiona and what we need to do to help them in terms of an immediate response and aid.'

She went on: 'We have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity.'

Harris added: 'Understanding not everyone starts out at the same place, and if we want people to be in an equal place, sometimes we have to take into account those disparities.'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/10/01/04/62992431-11269047-image-a-84_1664596048686.jpg

More
View Quote

As an African American Elon would know.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There will be a path forward. What business or industry are you in?
View Quote

Pool maintenance company. Supervisor/safety guy. Don't see the demand for our services remaining for a while. Most of our 4,400 customers are in Punta Gorda, port Charlotte, Englewood, and Placida.

Hoping we can hang on long enough to sell the house and leave for North Ga area.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I had something that kinda pissed me off happen today and it delayed me getting to my place in Port Charlotte by a day or two.

River Road (191) is my exit.

I think I'll take my time getting supplies around tomorrow and loading up. No need to be in a hurry with that shitshow on I75.

This has been a goofy fucking year...

View Quote

Rays Stadium in PC w/ NG was reported to be handing out meal kits and water as a drive thru. I remember seeing that stadium being built on my way to school.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm in Lexington, Virginia, at 1600' msl.  We're getting some 40-50 mph gusts up here on the mountain.  Winds are weird up here.  They go silent for minute, then all hell breaks loose with huge gusts.  The doggies are randomly barking and looking at me like, wtf was that, dad?

Neighbors and I all had a plan going into this.  Chainsaws are all gassed up in case we need to cut our way back down the driveways.

Wish I was closer to help out our Florida peeps.  God speed to you all.
View Quote

I was over in Monroe County WV yesterday and bugged out because I didn't want to coming back through that.  Too many scary trips through those winds on I64
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never lost power. It did a quick blink once, but that was it. No damage around
that I can see, just yard debris. No rain or wind right now. Pinehurst seems to
have come out pretty well. I really don't miss the coast.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Pool maintenance company. Supervisor/safety guy. Don't see the demand for our services remaining for a while. Most of our 4,400 customers are in Punta Gorda, port Charlotte, Englewood, and Placida.
View Quote

Everyone I know lost their pool cage. opsec edit lots of pools are brown and need repair that I can see.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#46]
In-laws are attempting to head back to Siesta Key today from North Central FL. I’m telling MIL to cutover to the Villages (or Brooksville via 50/98) then take 75 down to Siesta. She thinks 75 above Tampa will be a jam-packed shitshow.

Due to I-75 being shutdown from the Myakka flooding ( https://www.winknews.com/2022/09/30/i-75-shutdown-in-north-port-due-to-myakka-river-overflow/) authorities are offloading 75 traffic south traffic via detour @ Brandon (across 60 to 98) —-but it sounds like she can still stay on 75, bypass the detour and ride down to Siesta.

MIL is thinking take 27 down to 60 then cutover to 75. My thought is 60 is gonna be a shit show either way with all the traffic being offloaded from 75 to it.

Thoughts for those in the area and those who have traveled or seen either lately?
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

She doesn't even realize that the wealthy folks out there with the huge oceanfront homes are the ones who own the businesses that provide jobs for those she is jerking off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She doesn't even realize that the wealthy folks out there with the huge oceanfront homes are the ones who own the businesses that provide jobs for those she is jerking off.

And pay all the taxes that pay for everything.

The problem is that these progressives communist or whatever you would like to call them actually believe their own bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#48]
(Winter Haven) Woke up this morning to street lights being on. Got up and turned the generator off. As morning progresses there is less and less gen sounds in the neighborhood.

Now to do a little bit of tree cleanup today.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Anyone know how the Orlando area is right now?  Like around Sea World and in Lakeland area?  Also, is the turnpike ok?
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top