User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
ANA Nippon airlines Business First seat.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're over 6 feet tall probably
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/522423/20230516_063458-2817958.jpgANA Nippon airlines Business First seat.
View Quote

I like ANA, even how they change into kimonos for service.  And I get the Japanese meal, which is fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#5]
To me it’s only worth it to Asia or Australia

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I like ANA, even how they change into kimonos for service.  And I get the Japanese meal, which is fantastic.
View Quote
I took your advice and you were correct, it was delicious.
Thanks

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]
My seat for 10 1/2 hours from Tokyo to Denver.
I would die in a coach seat in even a few hours.
This seat lays perfectly flat.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I have back and leg issues. First class or Business is a must for me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Since when?
I just had a Bloody Mary on one leg of my flight prior to take off, and a Woodford on the next leg.
I didn't get anything once we took off, as I wanted to catch a few winks of sleep.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since they stopped serving drinks until several minutes after take off, 1st has gotten less worth it.  Most of my segments are 4 hours or less anyway, and economy plus is fine.

Since when?
I just had a Bloody Mary on one leg of my flight prior to take off, and a Woodford on the next leg.
I didn't get anything once we took off, as I wanted to catch a few winks of sleep.

You were on Delta if you were drinking Woodford and they serve before departing from the gate.  

United does not. Only water. United first a couple weeks back and it was a hour in before we got a drink, but it was a shitty crew (PDX to DEN). Their DEN to MCO crew was much more attentive
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The only problem with first class is they seat you first on the plane.  Then all the poors shuffle by you and gwak.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, it is worth it.  I used to fly non stop New Orleans to LA a lot and my company would pay for coach and we could upgrade to FC out of our pocket...but this is where it got fun, if FC was not full, and 50% of the time it wasn't, then I would negotiate for an upgrade and many times, I would pay $100 or less for the upgrade.  And then sneak it in on my expense account
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/522423/20230516_081111-2818347.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/522423/20230516_081111-2818347.jpg

That looks good.  They even present it nicely.

I always tried to get the national meal instead of the western one when I flew a foreign carrier.  My theory was "national pride," and it usually worked out.   For example, I had a fantastic bulgogi meal once on a Korean flight when most everyone else had a tray with the usual anonymous airline fare.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#14]
3 flights and 45 hours later I am having breakfast in Singapore this morning.
I really like the Delta 1 suite, slide that little door closed and lay back and watch some movies.  The flight attendant would just hand my G&T's over the top to me
Prestige class on Korean air was pretty nice as well but I liked Delta better.  I will say the Prestige lounge in Seoul is damn nice with awesome food and a nice bar.

Delta suite
Attachment Attached File

Delta's Korean dinner
Attachment Attached File

Korean Airlines lounge bar
Attachment Attached File

Korean Air suite
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#16]
For shorter flights, under 3 hours, I think it’s a waste.  For 5+ hours, especially if going across the Atlantic, it’s worth the money, or CC points to upgrade to at least business.  The difference will be getting to your destination with a sore back and knees, or actually sleeping in a reclined seat and getting off the plane relatively rested.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:51:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Any flight over 4 hours, yes it's worth it.

Any flight less than 4 hours just pay a little extra to upgrade to the exit row & aisle seat.

I find it odd that people are interested in being the first person on the plane. If at all possible I want to be the last person on the plane.
View Quote
Same,  except like last time I did Vegas I slumbered my way to my 1st class seat right away and passed out waking up when we hit SeaTac tarmac. Then a clusterfuck ensued because the flight update boards had the incorrect gates and I walked about 7 miles trying to find my flight.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:54:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My daughter is a flight attendant for Emirates. She only works A380 first  class, (14 pax).  They are always full, so someone thinks it is worth it.

Her work area.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/212055/work_space_jpg-2810767.JPG
View Quote
How much sex happens in those pods one wonders.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Worth it to me, of course I'm not the one paying the bill. I fly red eyes a lot cause it fits my schedule. Nice to be first or business at night and not hear a word the entire flight. No kids, just people sleeping or playing with their laptop or watching the TV through headphones.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top