Mustang with manual not a lot more:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Boxster or a Miata.
View Quote
This, I've had a Miata for over 9 years, and have daily driven it.  Best part of my work day is the commute.  Best $9000 I've ever spent.  

The Boxster is a different experience, but very nice to drive if you have the $$$.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I knew there would be some gay comments. lol
I get that small convertibles may not be the manliest of vehicles out there, but the ones I've driven have been fun. I daily drive an F-350, so I figure that will offset some of the gayness of owning one.

I've always wanted a Porsche, so that one is fairly high on the list. There is one I found that seems like it's pretty clean that I would like to test drive this weekend.
View Quote
@Vanquish

Just remember that everyone who calls Miatas gay is most likely too fucking fat to fit behind the steering wheel, and too stupid to drive a manual.  

I look at it as my duty as a Miata owner to get them in the passenger seat and terrorize the hell out of them.  Nothing quite like a 2300 lb car with near 200 horsepower (I've done a little work on mine).  
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's the first I've heard of any serious issues. But to be fair, most of the people I hang around are all NA and NB, not so many NDs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A friend of mine got a newer MX5 and had nothing but issues. He blew 3 trannies before trading it in.

That's the first I've heard of any serious issues. But to be fair, most of the people I hang around are all NA and NB, not so many NDs.
This... they have used the same transmissions forever, like since 2006, and have very little problems with them.  I'm going with bullshit anecdote.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

<a href="[url]https://i.imgur.com/c2F7nxN.png">https://i.imgur.com/c2F7nxN.png">[url]https://i.imgur.com/c2F7nxN.png
Fiata all day everyday, it's the only answer if you have any sense of style.  (And the only car I have ever owned that attracts women asking about it instead of dudes.)

They were built on the Miata assembly line in the Mazda factory in Hiroshima as part of a JV between Fiat and Mazda.  Miata underpinnings with turbocharged Italian 1.4l Multiair engine and Italian bodywork.

I'm 6'-2" and I fit in it (barely).
View Quote
They are cool little cars, but I would rather have the Higher revving Skyactiv engine present in the 2019 and newer Miata.  Throw a turbo on that and you can make some power.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It was a 2022 I drove last week. That was the first time I've ever been in one, and they didn't have any of the older generations at that dealership for me to look at unfortunately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's the one slight hesitation I have about the Miata. I'm just shy of 6', so I do fit in one, but with the top up, and the seat as low as it will go, I've got about one inch of headroom left. Not terrible, but not ideal.

Which generation?

My dad is 6' and has no issues with his ND2. The NC is supposedly the roomiest, but I've never actually been in one.

It was a 2022 I drove last week. That was the first time I've ever been in one, and they didn't have any of the older generations at that dealership for me to look at unfortunately.
You wouldn't notice much difference in an NC, I have one.  The only real difference between the NC and ND is that the NC is a little bit wider near the knees, but the roof height is pretty much the same.  I've 5'10" and get about 2 inches of clearance, but I'll still hit my head on the top support bar if  I go over a particularly violent set of railroad tracks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Miata:
+Looks and feels like a real sports car
+Affordable to purchase and to maintain
+Reliable (probably the most reliable sports car)
+Resale Value
-Causes insecure men to say insecure things

Boxtser:
+Fast and sexy
+Completely customizable
-Twice as expensive as Miata
-Complicated array of options
-Causes insecure men to say insecure things
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Still rides decently, handles well, reasonable costs to actually run, fantastic road feel, not a cop magnet like some other makes, doesn't feel bloated, great manual gearbox, actually HAS a manual gearbox available, reasonable to upgrade, tons of aftermarket.

And yes, cheap, I could buy pretty much everything up to 100K writing a ''check'' but for a third car just for fun, that is incredibly stupid for most middle class people. One that cost 3 grand, WGAF, that is almost one Wilson .45.

It's been cheap as hell to keep on the road, VERY basic maintenance, fuel, oil, filters, one coolant flush, trans and diff oil, one clutch master cylinder [$30] since bought and  that is it. Maybe about $3100 into it now. Does need new tires this year, Pretty cheap compared to the typical 17,18,19, 20 + ones on sporty cars today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32224/20210919_121737_jpg-2741487.JPG

As for ''it's a chick car?''............... That is correct. It attracts them like flies to honey. Stupidly weird but true. Gay cars.............well, those attract guys with dicks.......

What guys don't understand is that women DGAF about how your 500HP cop magnet hoon ride looks and DGAF about all the numbers you pull out of your ass. What they care about is how THEY look in a car and they look damn good in the passenger seat of a Miata.

And they are still fun as F on a empty back road with lots of twisties. At 38K on the odometer now and 30 years old [93], It has a lot of miles left in her.
View Quote

You are correct- what we (women)see are shapes and colors for the most part, the really macho cars and trucks just generate a reaction from us. So drive what you love but don't expect women to react the way you think they will. Mini Coopers and Miatas are cute the way a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I would argue that Miata spec is popular because of the cost of entry and that's about it.  If you could buy a prepped Lotus for what a Miata costs, there would be a dramatic shift.

edit: Speaking of Lotus, why not?  Maybe an Elise to stay closer to that price range.
View Quote

Why not?
Reliability
Cost of ownership
Resale value
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The trunk on the ND is pitifully small. The NA/NB trunk is literally several times larger than the ND. I didn't understand at first when my dad got his and was talking about packing concerns for a roadtrip. He ran the numbers, and apparently it's nearly the same capacity as he had on his FJR, albeit all in one place rather than split between two saddlebags and a (huge) top trunk. It's comically small opening it next to any of the previous generations - even the NC PRHT, which really doesn't impact trunk space like you might expect.
View Quote
This is one of the reasons that when I replace my NC1, I am probably going to get an NC2 instead of an ND Miata.

That trunk is a joke, even on a Miata.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#11]
2019+ (ND2) Miata if you can fit in it, Boxster if not.

Check Turo to see if there are any in your area to rent for a day.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are correct- what we (women)see are shapes and colors for the most part, the really macho cars and trucks just generate a reaction from us. So drive what you love but don't expect women to react the way you think they will. Mini Coopers and Miatas are cute the way a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is.
View Quote

Lol not the response he was fishing for.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't mind it at all as a matter of fact. That and [strangely] my 1976 FJ 40 were damn fun to own and the gals loved each one even though they were VERY opposite of each other. Both did what they were designed to do very well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Have had my NB1 5-speed since I retired in '08. It has never been in the shop in this period. Still rock solid.

I found a OEM color matching hard top and completely removed the convertible top. Plenty of storage behind the seats and in the trunk for road trips with old top removed.

Florida suks for top down driving except for a few weeks each year. The only people you see regularly with tops down are beet red sun burnt tourists in rental mustangs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Don't mind it at all as a matter of fact. That and [strangely] my 1976 FJ 40 were damn fun to own and the gals loved each one even though they were VERY opposite of each other. Both did what they were designed to do very well.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32224/IMG_2340__1__JPG-2745825.JPG
View Quote
LOL  I am seriously considering selling  my 78 FJ40 to buy a Miata.
And my Roadrunner.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This, I've had a Miata for over 9 years, and have daily driven it.  Best part of my work day is the commute.  Best $9000 I've ever spent.  

The Boxster is a different experience, but very nice to drive if you have the $$$.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boxster or a Miata.

Have the money? You can get a boxter for $9k easy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@Vanquish

Just remember that everyone who calls Miatas gay is most likely too fucking fat to fit behind the steering wheel, and too stupid to drive a manual.  

I look at it as my duty as a Miata owner to get them in the passenger seat and terrorize the hell out of them.  Nothing quite like a 2300 lb car with near 200 horsepower (I've done a little work on mine).  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get that small convertibles may not be the manliest of vehicles out there, but the ones I've driven have been fun. I daily drive an F-350, so I figure that will offset some of the gayness of owning one.

I've always wanted a Porsche, so that one is fairly high on the list. There is one I found that seems like it's pretty clean that I would like to test drive this weekend.
@Vanquish

Whenever I see a dude driving a Miata I don’t think “gay” I think “there’s a guy who cares a whole lot more about driving than how he looks”

Amen!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Whenever I see a dude driving a Miata I don’t think “gay” I think “there’s a guy who cares a whole lot more about driving than how he looks”

Amen!!
View Quote

I went to a business conference in Des moines last March.  I get to the car rental desk at the airport and the guy begs me to take the Miata rather than the compact car I ordered because no one would take it and they were short on compact cars.  Drove the car for a couple days.  It was a hardtop automatic and it was a blast to drive.  With the seat heater on and windows rolled up I was comfortable driving with the top down in temperatures in the 30s.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Lots of good info to think about here. I’ve been doing some more in depth research on some of the cars and I definitely need to get out and test drive some more of them. The Porsche and mustang are the next ones I want to try out.

The MX 5 RF model is one I need to take a look at in person and see if I fit. I herd there’s just a bit less head room on it versus the soft top.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#20]
The Porsche has enough storage room for trips, is wide enough to feel roomy, and the seats are comfy. The exhaust system is music to my ears. There is no substitute.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:53:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Something designed from the ground up as a convertible/roadster not a coupe that had the roof chopped.

I’d go Boxster GTS, ND generation Miata or S2000
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer
There's a reason they're the most-raced car in the world...
View Quote

Fact.
My wife was going thru the Mini-Van Crisis.  At the time, i rode a motorcycle 100% of the time.  She deserved something fun.  I found a 2nd gen MX-5 for $4000, 60k miles, major services done.  Needed tires.  
That car was so much fun.  GREAT gearbox, brakes and handling.  No A/C (so what, robs power anyway).  I'm 6'3" 270 and I learned how to get in the car but once I was in it was great.  To drive it quick you must drive it well;  Sorry horsepower guys.

Low mileage used ones are easy to find if you look.  Put a cage in it.  Don't get an automatic!  Cheap to operate, crazy fun to drive.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:10:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A friend of mine got a newer MX5 and had nothing but issues. He blew 3 trannies before trading it in.

I mean manual transmissions! I'm serious.

ETA: No Murano CrossCabriolet on your list?
https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/10/2015/11/2014-nissan-murano-awd-convertible-angular-front.png
View Quote

You're kidding, right?
Not about your buddy blowing trannies, but the Murano CrossCabriolett.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hard to beat an older BMW Z3 from 97-05 or so for pure bang for the buck. Get the manual transmission though.
View Quote

Those were surprisingly fun.
Got one for a loaner when the 5 was in the shop.  My wife and i drove around the hills in the dark for a few hours that night.  Top down, laughing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:22:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Miata, all day.  Great machine.  Who cares if closeted gays say you're gay for driving a great sports car.  Miatas routinely took fastest time of the day at my racing club.  Great cars.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Those were surprisingly fun.
Got one for a loaner when the 5 was in the shop.  My wife and i drove around the hills in the dark for a few hours that night.  Top down, laughing.
View Quote

You can still find nice ones for 10k or less. And its a BMW so you can join the snob pack for almost nothing.
The Z4 will double that price, I've driven both, had more fun with the Z3.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Road Test: 2011 Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#30]
6th Gen 2018 convertible Camaro ZL1 with LT4 650HP supercharged engine and 10 speed auto trans was the most amazing, fast car I have ever driven.
A+! Would highly recommend!
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
6th Gen 2018 convertible Camaro ZL1 with LT4 650HP supercharged engine and 10 speed auto trans was the most amazing, fast car I have ever driven.
View Quote

That's expensive.

All he needs is a 6th gen SS with 300 shot of nitrous.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
And then you cruise around all the time at 2/10ths of the car's performance because other than the occasional stab at the throttle actually driving it hard will land you in jail or the morgue.

The Miata and other lighter/less powerful cars are fun because you can use so much more of the performance on the street without that fear.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Still time to get into an S.
48k-Mile 2002 Honda S2000

You missed one yesterday for $24K
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And then you cruise around all the time at 2/10ths of the car's performance because other than the occasional stab at the throttle actually driving it hard will land you in jail or the morgue.

The Miata and other lighter/less powerful cars are fun because you can use so much more of the performance on the street without that fear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Could not agree more. Fast powerful cars on public roads are like going to a strip club with $20, fun for a little while but you’re soon left unsatisfied and only have the fantasy of what could have been.

Slow car fast is a real thing. No amount of horsepower offsetting weight is a real thing. Steering feel and good brakes over acceleration is a real thing.

I don’t have a Miata but on paper at least this is pretty damn close.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That would be some form of kit car. Factory Five is the big name in that market. There are several FF roadsters around my AO. An actual Shelby continuation model showed up randomly at cars & coffee once, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Details.

I want one.

I need one.

That would be some form of kit car. Factory Five is the big name in that market. There are several FF roadsters around my AO. An actual Shelby continuation model showed up randomly at cars & coffee once, too.
I was under the impression that FF cost a lot more.  These must have lower powered motors or something.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Consider a base model Jaguar F-Type, supercharged V6. Hubby has one and it is quite the sports car. 340-380HP, with tune 416HP. Plenty fast and epic suspension/brakes. With the tune, it is a 180MPH car, in stock form 171MPH.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

Could not agree more. Fast powerful cars on public roads are like going to a strip club with $20, fun for a little while but you're soon left unsatisfied and only have the fantasy of what could have been.

Slow car fast is a real thing. No amount of horsepower offsetting weight is a real thing. Steering feel and good brakes over acceleration is a real thing.

I don't have a Miata but on paper at least this is pretty damn close.

https://i.imgur.com/zkGe6nZ.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

Could not agree more. Fast powerful cars on public roads are like going to a strip club with $20, fun for a little while but you're soon left unsatisfied and only have the fantasy of what could have been.

I don't have a Miata but on paper at least this is pretty damn close.

https://i.imgur.com/zkGe6nZ.jpg
Maybe it's one of those mistakes most people have to make for themselves before they really understand it. I wonder how many people here recommending high-HP monsters have long term (not "I drove a Miata for 3 minutes and it was gay so I stopped") experience with lower HP sports cars.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#38]
As a Porsche owner I’d agree with most of the posters here (poll inbound???) that Miata is the answer for OP.  Porsche is not a great answer for, “first sports car on a budget”.

I love my 911, but like a beautiful woman it needs more maintenance and attention.  Personally I knew that would be the case and I have enough skills/tools to do most of it myself so that’s been part of the ownership fun.  Porsche parts/labor carry a real extra tax and any Boxster in that budget range will be vulnerable to the more well known catastrophic engine flaws of the M96.  If you do go that route read up and make peace with them.

Get a Miata and enjoy driving it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#39]
@vanquish
If your looking at boxsters, have specific questions about years, engines, options or issues. Feel free to message me.  I've a been a Porsche master tech for over 20 years.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@vanquish
If your looking at boxsters, have specific questions about years, engines, options or issues. Feel free to message me.  I've a been a Porsche master tech for over 20 years.
View Quote

@Danted

Thanks! I guess the biggest question right now would be would you buy an older one or wait till you could comfortably afford a much newer one? I’m somewhat competent when it comes to fixing cars, but I’ve mostly done easy stuff. I’ve had a couple older BMWs and a Mercedes, but for the complicated repairs I brought them to a local mechanic that specialized in German cars. I don’t have a lift, or have any friends with Porsches that could help me, so most engine repairs on a Boxster I would probably have to have someone else do and that could get very expensive very quickly.

A Porsche would be my dream car, but I want to do it right, and not be stuck with a maintenance nightmare that costs me a fortune in repairs. I drive my vehicles a lot, so whatever I get is going to be driven hard and often.

If the smart thing to do it to wait till I can afford $50k+ for a newer Porsche, then I’m fine with that. I could always pick up a cheap mx5 and play with that in the meantime.

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@Vanquish

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Vanquish

I have two Miatas.
Fun to show up at a Corvette club autocross ant beat 3/4 of the Vettes there.
Also fun to take people out on the autocross course and make then scream like little girls.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#42]
SS-R

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@Danted

Thanks! I guess the biggest question right now would be would you buy an older one or wait till you could comfortably afford a much newer one? I’m somewhat competent when it comes to fixing cars, but I’ve mostly done easy stuff. I’ve had a couple older BMWs and a Mercedes, but for the complicated repairs I brought them to a local mechanic that specialized in German cars. I don’t have a lift, or have any friends with Porsches that could help me, so most engine repairs on a Boxster I would probably have to have someone else do and that could get very expensive very quickly.

A Porsche would be my dream car, but I want to do it right, and not be stuck with a maintenance nightmare that costs me a fortune in repairs. I drive my vehicles a lot, so whatever I get is going to be driven hard and often.

If the smart thing to do it to wait till I can afford $50k+ for a newer Porsche, then I’m fine with that. I could always pick up a cheap mx5 and play with that in the meantime.

View Quote

The boxster is the most reliable car we ever built.
You want a dfi engine, and a stick shift transmission.
In a perfect world it would have leather door panels and a rubber dash, as the rubber door panels and leather dashes have issues.  
987 cars will need top mechanical work at some point, but can be diy pretty easy.   They will generally all need evaporators from the foam failing.  Window regulators are not uncommon.
981 cars have issues with the top micro switches, and the leather dash/ rubber door panel issues I mentioned.
Avoid non dfi cars and pdk and either will be mechanically solid.
Either one I would replace the oil separator as a maitnence item early on easy diy, and remove all the drain flaps.
Most everything could be done without a lift on either.
If you find a car you like send me the details and I'll look it over.

Edit to add.  My Mother in law picked up a sweet 2010 non s.. I wouldn't have let her buy something I thought I'd have to work on.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I had a NC miata that I loved but after a few years I began to want something faster. I started thinking about modding the miata but I drive a lot and wanted it to be reliable. I decided to rent every sport/gt car I could and after many interesting experiences I was leaning toward a boxster/cayman. The only thing I had not tried at the time was a corvette. They were old man cars that I didn't give much consideration... then I drove one. Now I have a C6Z.

That being said, the slow car fast guys are right too. Once I get some more garage space I think I'll get a ND2 miata to compliment the vette.

With your budget and goals I think a miata is probably your best bet. Maybe test drive a vette but even if one can be had for a reasonable price the maintenance is going to be much higher than a miata. I would always recommend getting a higher trim vehicle which might limit the vette options (c5z or some kind of gt) and pretty much exclude the P car since S models are crazy. Also I wouldn't generally recommend used German cars.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
With your budget and goals I think a miata is probably your best bet. Maybe test drive a vette but even if one can be had for a reasonable price the maintenance is going to be much higher than a miata. I would always recommend getting a higher trim vehicle which might limit the vette options (c5z or some kind of gt) and pretty much exclude the P car since S models are crazy. Also I wouldn't generally recommend used German cars.
View Quote

Yeah, I wouldn't waste time on a base model Boxster. You want the S trim at very least.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#46]
More of a touring car, but the F33 BMW convertible are pretty nice. I don’t know that you could do this inside your budget, but an M sport 440i convertible RWD with some decent tires might very well scratch the itch. Not a track or auto cross car though. The 430i version can be had much cheaper and is still a nice car. Estoril blue is a beautiful color.

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/WBA4Z5C5XKEE17448/2019-bmw-4-series/
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have two Miatas.
Fun to show up at a Corvette club autocross ant beat 3/4 of the Vettes there.
Also fun to take people out on the autocross course and make then scream like little girls.
View Quote

Is it also fun to watch even a base 1997 C5 LS1 Corvette walk away from you in regular street driving where there are no cones or checkered flag? You know, where most regular people drive?

Two previous Miata owner here. Amazing car, but it's not a Vette, no matter how much power you force them to make. In fact, the more power you get out of them the less enjoyable they are to drive for all but the most hard-core enthusiast.

A lot of suggestions here for the OP to look at a C6 Vette. I can't agree more. A base LS3 car with a six speed auto has effortless power, handles better than 99% of the cars on the road and is ridiculously reliable for a reasonable price. The six-speed manual offers even more fun and performance. Lean on it for a few bucks and it can be fast enough to scare most people without losing a whole lot of drivability. Step up to a C6Z and the brakes/suspension upgrade changes the car and really lets the 505hp 427 shine. Highway on-ramps are a bit different than then in the Miata and you might never say the M-word again. Unless you intend on going to the autocross. Then you need a Miata of course!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#48]
I fucking hate convertables.

Not a single goddam redeaming feature.

If you want to enjoy the car and not find out the rear window had a small leak that allowed water to ingress and damage shit do yourself a favor and buy a cayman.

Fuck convertables.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#49]
2014 & up audi A5 cabriolet
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Porsches are great, but they’re not cheap and high mileage examples are not cheap to maintain. Miata’s provide a lot of fun in a very affordable package. If you don’t want a full blown convertible the RF’s offer the best of both worlds. I have an NC that makes for one hell of a fun commuter car. To hell with whoever thinks they’re gay. The other two rides are a Raptor and a TRD Pro 4Runner.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top