Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The HKS will let you get the nose of the bullet aligned with the chamber and twist the knob and let them fall in, instead of having to push half the cartridge case in to hit the release of the Safarilands.  That said, I do like the Comp 3s for speed reloads.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a handful of Safariland loaders I got in a EE lot over on castboolits.  They were mostly trashed and the seller should have junked them.  Two are range usable, I can load them and put them in my range bag and the cartridges will likely be in place when I get there.  The third one was hard to get the cartridges to hold in place.  It got tossed after a few range trips.  

The HKS may need that fiddly twist  it even my oldest ones work great.  

I noted that revolver guy link.  Note the times of his reloads.  They are statistically the same in his report.  3.5 to 5 seconds.   Average about 4 seconds.

(Way faster than any of my revolver reloads except a NY reload)
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few of them....but honestly, if you don't practice with them all the time they can be tricky to lock the new rounds into them.  It's super easy after I remember how to do it, but can be tricky if you haven't messed with them for 6+ months.

I'm sure if I practices with them all the time they would be much easier to use.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a few of them....but honestly, if you don't practice with them all the time they can be tricky to lock the new rounds into them.  It's super easy after I remember how to do it, but can be tricky if you haven't messed with them for 6+ months.

I'm sure if I practices with them all the time they would be much easier to use.
View Quote

That’s one of the advantages with the SL Variant.  You push the cartridges in and they snap in place.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top