Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

No, this is my thread and I can change titles how I see fit and those who try to mock me on every little minute detail trying to look superior can go pound sand I wish goatboy would have followed through on allowing thread creators to ban troublemaking posters from their thread.
Go to a Ford Bronco forum and show them your wise all knowing intellect on Broncos there.
View Quote

You seem to be the one getting worked up. GD is wide open so just roll with it or you won't last long. Add me to the list of Bronco fans who were born after the  1st gen had been discontinued. I wanted one my whole life and finally found a roller I could afford and start working on. Part of me really wonders if I had been better off just buying a new one.
Quoted:
The one big thing is Ford screwed up naming the Fusion based SUV "Bronco Sport" WTF Ford, I believe that the "Real" Bronco was in development before the Sport version.

Ford could have used any other name for the sport and changed a few design clues.

So many people get confused about this name BS, the Sport is like a girl with bolt on's.

View Quote

I totally agree. One thing that would have made it a lot less confusing is if the Bronco was fully released and out first which I think was supposed to happen but didn't. I even thiink they could have pulled off Bronco II.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was thinking Gen 3-5 as original because that is what I grew up with not the ones prior to that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP fails

I was thinking Gen 3-5 as original because that is what I grew up with not the ones prior to that.

The world doesn't revolve around you
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OP didn’t mess up. Some of y’all just can’t read.

Best bronco type vehicle is a Land Cruiser.
View Quote

I had a real bronco.   And now know the LC master race.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
God those things look so ugly next to a wrangler.

Looks like some bubble shaped nightmare from 2006
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, just hideous.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I cant post my own viewpoint about Bronco in my own thread because it is not what you agree with.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No, they are copying their own design, you just picked the wrong Bronco generation to compare it to.

The ones you pictured were heavy and got horrendous gas mileage (back when people didn't care as much because gas was cheap).
View Quote

And off road, the choppy roller coaster ride sucked.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, just hideous.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/181381/3891FD38-8575-450D-97F4-F397CEE0936D-2360487.jpg

Lol, looks like the renegade and cube had an ugly baby.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#9]
They built it exactly as they should have and the market apparently agrees.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Striker was right I am afraid some of you should get your homework finished for school tomorrow.
Everything here is a big deal to you guys because this is what all your life is about only ARFCOM and being right on every fucking detail and subject at all times on a internet forum with strangers who most will never meet in person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Striker was right I am afraid some of you should get your homework finished for school tomorrow.
Everything here is a big deal to you guys because this is what all your life is about only ARFCOM and being right on every fucking detail and subject at all times on a internet forum with strangers who most will never meet in person.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not even close
View All Quotes
Looks like a great modernization that retains a lot of the original lines and styling cues to me.

Were you really expecting them to release an exact clone of a 50+ year old vehicle?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks like a great modernization that retains a lot of the original lines and styling cues to me.

Were you really expecting them to release an exact clone of a 50+ year old vehicle?
View Quote

Arfcom boomers: “Yes”
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not even close
View All Quotes

lol what? They're not supposed to be identical but damn if you can't see the similarities you're literally blind.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#16]
They screwed it up so bad people pay 20k over sticker for one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Op is wrong and I have an 81 that I'm still building.  I love my new 4 door.  It's getting prepped for a 2 week back country excursion currently. Forced induction for power at altitude, dual locked,  and 35s from the factory is pretty bad ass.
View Quote

Exactly. Factory FI power with factory engineered suspension for factory 35s (Sasquatch). Oh, and a factory warranty on it all....

All older Broncos are cool for sure, but they are outclassed by what the new Bronco can do.

And all the 4 door haters out there just salty that the Soccer Mom config can off road from the factory as well as their own rig can. Try stuffing 2 kids and your gear in a 2 door wrangler or Bronco and tell me how it's at all practical.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP didn’t mess up. Some of y’all just can’t read.

Best bronco type vehicle is a Land Cruiser IH Scout.
View Quote

FIFY
Salvaged another post.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not even close
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Yes, FS Broncos and Blazers are nice but WAY too huge for real off-roading.   And NO, “muddin’ and jumpin’ “ don’t count as off-roading.

Newest Bronco is the right size.  If the job calls for towing big stuff, you need a FS truck, not a mid-size off-roader.   A crew cab full size is great for that purpose.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#21]
No.
Twin I beam front ends are fucking garbage.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#22]
My brother bought a rust bucket '95 from a guy in Missouri; after he passed Dad made it a project. Lots of body work, new paint job and he made some badass front and rear bumpers. It was actually kind of tight inside (legroom).

Attachment Attached File

Here's a beater Centurion conversion I used to see in Chiraq.

Attachment Attached File

I want to see the Excursion brought back with a Godzilla engine.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#23]
These would have been BADASS

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My brother bought a rust bucket '95 from a guy in Missouri; after he passed Dad made it a project. Lots of body work, new paint job and he made some badass front and rear bumpers. It was actually kind of tight inside (legroom).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/516916/1630433476789_jpg-2360675.JPG

Here's a beater Centurion conversion I used to see in Chiraq.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/516916/1630433481007_jpg-2360677.JPG

I want to see the Excursion brought back with a Godzilla engine.
View Quote

Godzilla in the new bronco tied to a ZF6 from the 6.0/6.4 powerstroke.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Can't see the first pic.  Second pic looks cool but is something that no one would buy.  Huge short wheel base 2 door with a non removable top?  GM tried that for a couple of years and no one wanted them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

To me they look like a cheap, plastic toy.  Like the whole front end might shatter the first time it hits a pothole on a city street.
View Quote

Have you seen even one of the hundreds of off
Road reviews the most discerning of critics have done on the new bronco?
The things is a beast and destroys the trail/terrain compared to damn near anything , especially in its Jeep/Fj class
Destroys it - just watch it or better , drive it
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Yea, I have a 1984 bronco. When I was younger the 2 doors were fine. Now, not so much. The top could use improvement also. What I did not expect with the revamp was a anemic 6 cylinder bronco 2. The way the world is going lately it should not have been a surprise. Skinny jeans, transitioning, and the new bronco all fit together nicely. Ford's bread and butter 5 liter couldn't make a showing. Very unimpressive.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I find the size of the current generation to be much more practical for daily driving and off roading. Ford at least got that part right.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Look,

We all know that the history of Broncos pretty much boils down to the full-sized/SUV and the smaller one....

Regardless of the two, the monstrosity they are passing off as Broncos now a days is a shitty Land Rover Defender - nothing close to a Jeep and/or a Bronco.

Ford failed....and if it really wanted to celebrate bringing back the Bronco, they should have opted to reboot the full-sized/SUV....but nooooooo, now a days a bunch of slack-jawed F-s driving vehicles now a days - where testosterone levels need to be checked and a bunch of Karens thinking they are driving some sort of vehicle with power to it
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#31]

That is what I thought they would release when they first announced that they are bringing the Bronco back.
Then I saw what they released and was very disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yea, I have a 1984 bronco. When I was younger the 2 doors were fine. Now, not so much. The top could use improvement also. What I did not expect with the revamp was a anemic 6 cylinder bronco 2. The way the world is going lately it should not have been a surprise. Skinny jeans, transitioning, and the new bronco all fit together nicely. Ford's bread and butter 5 liter couldn't make a showing. Very unimpressive.
View Quote

The new Bronco literally has 100-200 more HP than the last generation.  Even with the 351 Windsor option.  That's anemic now?

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No, the screw up was when they decided to focus on getting the Bronco Sport out first when they realized the plandemic cornholed the supply-chain and they couldn't get them released at the same time.
View Quote

Spot on. I was all fired up to see the new Bronco after all the media hype and then I see wimpy Sports driving around for a long time. Man, what a let down.

I used to own a Bronco II and I like that design over the new Sport designs.  Now the new full size Broncos are a different story. I really like them but I'm content to keep driving my old '95 Bronco. It's paid for and very reliable.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#35]
It is hard to compare the new generation to the old.  They have different target audiences.

Let's take Jeeps.  Over the years, they tended to get somewhat larger while in general getting more powerful.  It is hard to say if a WWII Jeep was more functional than a TJ - But a TJ was still very functional and far more practical for daily use.  I could argue that apex hit with the TJU.  Then the JKU was released.  It sacrificed a fair bit of  offroad functionality in exchange for a huge increase in practicality.  I am sure there was not a Jeep purist that did not cry - but the JKU changed the market for Jeep, and now they are no longer a hard core off-road vehicle and are now the most popular Jeep ever.  Sure they are wider, and longer, and approach and departure angles got worse - but now families could justify owning a Jeep.

A real sports car has 2 seats and generally 2 doors.  But I bet real sports cars only have less than 5% of the sports car market.
---
My wife has a JLUR.  I recently got a TJU.  She had some envy till she drove it 5 miles.  I don't think she will be borrowing my Jeep much.  There is virtually nothing that she would ever want to do in a Jeep that she can not accomplish in the JLUR - and 5 minutes behind the wheel of the TJU and she realized that she can do it in a LOT more comfort.  In all fairness - I will probably have over 10k in upgrades in mine before it even catches up to a lot the JLUR can do.  I need tires, lift, regearing, lockers, etc...  Plus she will still have me beat on brakes and power.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It is hard to compare the new generation to the old.  They have different target audiences.

Let's take Jeeps.  Over the years, they tended to get somewhat larger while in general getting more powerful.  It is hard to say if a WWII Jeep was more functional than a TJ - But a TJ was still very functional and far more practical for daily use.  I could argue that apex hit with the TJU.  Then the JKU was released.  It sacrificed a fair bit of  offroad functionality in exchange for a huge increase in practicality.  I am sure there was not a Jeep purist that did not cry - but the JKU changed the market for Jeep, and now they are no longer a hard core off-road vehicle and are now the most popular Jeep ever.  Sure they are wider, and longer, and approach and departure angles got worse - but now families could justify owning a Jeep.

A real sports car has 2 seats and generally 2 doors.  But I bet real sports cars only have less than 5% of the sports car market.
---
My wife has a JLUR.  I recently got a TJU.  She had some envy till she drove it 5 miles.  I don't think she will be borrowing my Jeep much.  There is virtually nothing that she would ever want to do in a Jeep that she can not accomplish in the JLUR - and 5 minutes behind the wheel of the TJU and she realized that she can do it in a LOT more comfort.  In all fairness - I will probably have over 10k in upgrades in mine before it even catches up to a lot the JLUR can do.  I need tires, lift, regearing, lockers, etc...  Plus she will still have me beat on brakes and power.
View Quote

The superior TJU (LJ) takes $10k+ In modifications to catch up to stock JLUR. How is the JLUR the inferior off-roader again?

On that front, looked up the specs for a LJ too
Wheelbase = 103.4"
Overall length = 167-171.7"
Overall width = 66.7-68.2"
Overall height = 68.4" soft top / 70.9" hard top
Track width = 58.5"
Approach angle = 43.1-44.9*
Departure angle = 27.7-28.4*
Breakover angle = 21.4-22.1*

JLUR
Wheelbase = 118.4
Overall length = 188
Overall width = 73.8
Overall height = 73.6
Track width = 62.9
Approach angle = 44
Departure angle = 37
Breakover angle = 27.8

Definitely worse, much worse.
The approx +5” width and specifically the extra length are the most noticeable detriments on very tight maneuvers. But the LJ is a land whale and amazingly civilized compared to a CJ-3A too, so I guess it evens out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

lol what? They're not supposed to be identical but damn if you can't see the similarities you're literally blind.
View Quote

Apparently none of you bothered to pay attention to my previous post in this very thread.

In my driveway
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#38]
My sons Bronco looks pretty sweet....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Have you seen even one of the hundreds of off
Road reviews the most discerning of critics have done on the new bronco?
The things is a beast and destroys the trail/terrain compared to damn near anything , especially in its Jeep/Fj class
Destroys it - just watch it or better , drive it
View Quote

I'm going wheeling with someone that has a sasquatch bronco in a couple weeks. I'm excited to see how it does. I'm definitely not a hater.

All that said, I would say the sasquatch is effectively on the same par as the average modded FJs out there and I wouldn't expect it to really do anything my FJ couldn't.

I really doubt it will beat my wrangler in anything except going fast on dirt roads though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No, they are copying their own design, you just picked the wrong Bronco generation to compare it to.

The ones you pictured were heavy and got horrendous gas mileage (back when people didn't care as much because gas was cheap).
View Quote

In reality they do sort of make one like that called the Excursion just it's four doors.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In reality they do sort of make one like that called the Excursion just it's four doors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean Expedition?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:20:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No, this is my thread and I can change titles how I see fit and those who try to mock me on every little minute detail trying to look superior can go pound sand I wish goatboy would have followed through on allowing thread creators to ban troublemaking posters from their thread.
Go to a Ford Bronco forum and show them your wise all knowing intellect on Broncos there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd be catching a lot less grief if you didn't start a post with clearly very little knowledge on the subject matter and then attempt to walk it back like what you said isn't what you meant.

Your original thread title should have remained as it was so everyone else posting could see why the initial replies were so harsh.

If by “minute detail” you mean “literally everything you originally posted,” you may be on to something.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:24:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I cant post my own viewpoint about Bronco in my own thread because it is not what you agree with.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/87D543F5-C33B-475C-95CD-45D86133DAC9-476.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/87D543F5-C33B-475C-95CD-45D86133DAC9-476.gif

Declaring something “original” is not a “viewpoint.”

It’s either a factual statement or it isn’t.  We don’t tend to do the whole “my truth” thing here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:22:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Do you mean Expedition?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean Expedition?

Wedonttalkaboutthathere.chadwick (can't find the meme )

IRS way too damn soon, 5.4 engine after Ford brought out the F150 5.0. nope nope nope!

What engine do your have in your Excursion? A tank or two after replacing my Suburban's fuel lines (8mpg before that) has me thinking I should have just bought a V10 X (12.7mpg with mostly highway last tank).
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:43:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

In defense of the OP, 1978-1979, 1980-1986 were not bad....my first Bronco was new 1982, 300 inline 6, 4-speed with the granny low gear and L/S rear was an absolute beast of a truck....the one vehicle I really can kick myself for selling....

This is the original Bronco....my 1977 28 years ago when I got it home

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16476/98FB4A0C-5E2A-4C7A-994E-0F6C78CA0B41-2348890.jpg

And pics of the frame off that is in progress now

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16476/A54DEC3E-2E48-4E96-ABA7-2B352C02D1E6-2348901.jpg

Before and after of the engine

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16476/C532AB3A-C8EC-4496-9CE3-2CFAE11C618F-2348892.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16476/3645BB23-E8B5-465D-A4DC-FCD508DE6C49-2348893.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16476/012326E1-30C1-4775-A2E0-887FEC6B1C84-2349643.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16476/905BA01D-7292-4288-84C5-D6904B35B04E-2348897.jpg
View Quote

Just finished a frame off on mine.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:21:43 AM EDT
[#46]
I dont agree with OP... But.. you are doing a good job keeping calm and defending yourself, even if in an uninformed manner.  I applaude your decorum in this forum!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

IRS way too damn soon, 5.4 engine after Ford brought out the F150 5.0. nope nope nope!

What engine do your have in your Excursion? A tank or two after replacing my Suburban's fuel lines (8mpg before that) has me thinking I should have just bought a V10 X (12.7mpg with mostly highway last tank).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean Expedition?

6.0. Before I lifted it I could get 18mpg on the highway so with a 44 gallon tank you have serious range. I was bummed that they didn’t update the suspension on the last year like they did the trucks because I hear the 06+ coil sprung front end is a vast improvement.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The new Bronco literally has 100-200 more HP than the last generation.  Even with the 351 Windsor option.  That's anemic now?

View Quote

It is anemic for today. Bragging about hp compared to the 80s is like bragging about beating up a 4th grader. Most of the cars sucked for power. Choked off heads, mini carbs, emission crap, and assorted garbage put the 351w 2v that came in my bronco around 160 hp. That is flat out embarrassing, especially considering we had much better performance in the 60s with engines. Fast forward to the 90s, roller blocks, aftermarket heads, cheap fuel injection, proper headers, and you get a proper v8 that can breathe in front of a c6 transmission that can tow most anything you would want to without a concern. There is no reason a 80s or 90's bronco can't be outfitted with a 400 hp v8. Will gas mileage be great...nope. If we put mileage as a priority we probably would choose another platform. Add an overdrive transmission and you have a pretty solid vehicle comfortable on the street or the hills. Great for running around the farm or going back or forth to work.

I am also not a first edition hater. I would drive the shit out of countyworker's bronco. That is a proper vehicle and exactly what my wife has always been looking for(she thinks). She is probably too used to heated seats, backup cameras, lane change assist and all the other bells and whistles to go back in time, but that is a really nice vehicle.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It is anemic for today. Bragging about hp compared to the 80s is like bragging about beating up a 4th grader. Most of the cars sucked for power. Choked off heads, mini carbs, emission crap, and assorted garbage put the 351w 2v that came in my bronco around 160 hp. That is flat out embarrassing, especially considering we had much better performance in the 60s with engines. Fast forward to the 90s, roller blocks, aftermarket heads, cheap fuel injection, proper headers, and you get a proper v8 that can breathe in front of a c6 transmission that can tow most anything you would want to without a concern. There is no reason a 80s or 90's bronco can't be outfitted with a 400 hp v8. Will gas mileage be great...nope. If we put mileage as a priority we probably would choose another platform. Add an overdrive transmission and you have a pretty solid vehicle comfortable on the street or the hills. Great for running around the farm or going back or forth to work.

I am also not a first edition hater. I would drive the shit out of countyworker's bronco. That is a proper vehicle and exactly what my wife has always been looking for(she thinks). She is probably too used to heated seats, backup cameras, lane change assist and all the other bells and whistles to go back in time, but that is a really nice vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you driven one?

It is absolutely not anemic.  The 2.7 in my Bronco is surprisingly powerful. .  I put a 400 in my 78 with a decent cam and intake, not even close.  My 81 I put a pretty decent 351 Cleveland in, it's been quite a few years, but that one would be  comparable to my 21.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It is anemic for today.
View Quote

compared to what? Jeep Wrangler is it's direct competitor and for it to beat Broncos power it has to have the hemi engine equipped which starts at around $73k. A well equipped Bronco can be had for $20k less.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top