User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is anemic for today. Bragging about hp compared to the 80s is like bragging about beating up a 4th grader. Most of the cars sucked for power. Choked off heads, mini carbs, emission crap, and assorted garbage put the 351w 2v that came in my bronco around 160 hp. That is flat out embarrassing, especially considering we had much better performance in the 60s with engines. Fast forward to the 90s, roller blocks, aftermarket heads, cheap fuel injection, proper headers, and you get a proper v8 that can breathe in front of a c6 transmission that can tow most anything you would want to without a concern. There is no reason a 80s or 90's bronco can't be outfitted with a 400 hp v8. Will gas mileage be great...nope. If we put mileage as a priority we probably would choose another platform. Add an overdrive transmission and you have a pretty solid vehicle comfortable on the street or the hills. Great for running around the farm or going back or forth to work.

I am also not a first edition hater. I would drive the shit out of countyworker's bronco. That is a proper vehicle and exactly what my wife has always been looking for(she thinks). She is probably too used to heated seats, backup cameras, lane change assist and all the other bells and whistles to go back in time, but that is a really nice vehicle.
View Quote

@devildog93

I built this one for my wife, but she doesn’t like it, because “it doesn’t have doors and it’s too much wind” , so it’s for sale if you’re interested. Maybe, you’ll have better luck with your wife. I’m buying a new Bronco that doesn’t have wind.

Less than 50 miles on it since the complete frame off restoration.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA: I’ve got a ‘51 Panel that also needs a new home, since I just bought a ‘54.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]

@ALASKANFIRE

What fairing is that on your fatbob? Does it kill the updraft/buffeting?

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

compared to what? Jeep Wrangler is it's direct competitor and for it to beat Broncos power it has to have the hemi engine equipped which starts at around $73k. A well equipped Bronco can be had for $20k less.
View Quote

I was comparing it to a jeep grand cherokee. The grand cherokee goes all the way to the trackhawk, but being reasonable you have a v8 with 365 horsepower and another with 475 in the srt also available. Are you telling me the bronco is more comparable to the wrangler? I just don't see that at all.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was comparing it to a jeep grand cherokee. The grand cherokee goes all the way to the trackhawk, but being reasonable you have a v8 with 365 horsepower and another with 475 in the srt also available. Are you telling me the bronco is more comparable to the wrangler? I just don't see that at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

compared to what? Jeep Wrangler is it's direct competitor and for it to beat Broncos power it has to have the hemi engine equipped which starts at around $73k. A well equipped Bronco can be had for $20k less.

No, the Bronco doesn’t compete with the Wrangler, it competes with all the other off road oriented SUVs that have convertible tops and removable doors
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s only Monday morning but I’m betting this is the dumbest thing I read all week.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It’s only Monday morning but I’m betting this is the dumbest thing I read all week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point, I assume he’s just trolling.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top