Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes please!

How about a straight 8?

It is getting a full resto like the rest of pops' cars.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79749/Buick_jpg-2011617.JPG

View Quote

Mr Myagi, is that you?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have that inline straight 6 in my Kohler 45kw generator engine build date year 2000.Only replaced 2 starters over the years.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Were those the 300?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My father had a 64 Falcon with a straight 6................that thing was a tank, and ran like nobody's business
Mom had one too, then a 65 Mustang with it, 3 spd manual. Wish they kept it.
Were those the 300?

In a Mustang it would have been the 200. In a 64 Falcon it was either a 170 or a 200, not sure when they made the switch. Dad had a 63 Falcon convertible with the 170. I had a 71 Maverick with a 200.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I always wished they would have done a modern update of it. Aluminum head with intake and exhaust on separate sides of course it would need a turbo as well. Thing would be a tank.

I had an 80 250 with the same setup. I had never driven anything that was geared so low. What was great for me was I put 35's on and didn't have to regear. Think mine had the 208 which was geared lower than the 205 if I remember right. The truck was worn out when I got it but I got a few good years out of it and wish I could afford to restore one.  
View Quote

You mean like you can buy in Australia?  Ford of Australia did the new head using 351 Cleveland tooling and the aftermarket companies did the rest.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had one of those for a short while.  3 on the tree was fun.  I'm pretty sure the only option was the AM radio and cigarette lighter.
View Quote
Cigarette lighters were never optional. They were always standard.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
My Bronco has a 170 in it.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Page 3 update.

Put a battery and primed the fuel pump and it started right up. Drove it just fine after sitting since 2004. Purrs like a kitten this motor is awesome.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:29:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I had an 81 thunderbird with the 3.3 straight six in it. Had 175k on it and got about 17mpg with the single barrel carb. I bought it for $400 from an elderly man who was going to donate it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 5:57:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I had no expectation at all that it would run, but battery and fuel and it was up and going strong after 17 years of sitting.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had one of those for a short while.  3 on the tree was fun.  I'm pretty sure the only option was the AM radio and cigarette lighter.
Amen.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top