BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Perhaps because it is ugly as fuck from every angle you view it from?    I avert my eyes from looking at them as if trying to avoid looking into the headlight/highbeams of oncoming cars.   Have tried to find some feature I like and I have yet to do it.

Fuckin ugly.  Outgoing C7 Z06 and Grandsports going out as best looking corvettes.

The new 24 Mustang is similarly fucked up tho.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is the Corvette fucked up ?

Perhaps because it is ugly as fuck from every angle you view it from?    I avert my eyes from looking at them as if trying to avoid looking into the headlight/highbeams of oncoming cars.   Have tried to find some feature I like and I have yet to do it.

Fuckin ugly.  Outgoing C7 Z06 and Grandsports going out as best looking corvettes.

The new 24 Mustang is similarly fucked up tho.

That's a pretty strong opinion about something you don't want to purchase or care about.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well yes but the dude who is widely considered the father of the vette Mr. Zora wanted it mid engine decades ago.

The front engine vette is like the forward assist of the automotive world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chevrolet Royally fucked up the Corvette.

Now Ford will Royally fuck up the Mustang.

Are you serious it was a front engine, leaf spring for like 70 years

Well yes but the dude who is widely considered the father of the vette Mr. Zora wanted it mid engine decades ago.

Explain leaf spring
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Explain leaf spring
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain leaf spring

General Motors.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it going to look like fucking sex or is it going to look like smashed asshole...
Quoted:

Bro. It LOOKS like they just extended that back out and kept the front of the body.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/Screenshot_20230816_145043_Chrome-2921805.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bro. It LOOKS like they just extended that back out and kept the front of the body.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/Screenshot_20230816_145043_Chrome-2921805.jpg

Oh.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Negative.  The new vette is fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:08:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The fact that GM sells them as quickly as they can build them says your opinion is in the vast minority. They have no problems finding buyers.
View Quote

and gm found buyers for the aztek. do sales numbers define what is good?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Performance wise, yes.

Looks wise, I’ll take a C7.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't the Aztek considered one of the biggest auto failures in history?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

C8s are selling like hot cakes because they're amazing fuckin vehicles.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. Imagine a factory stripped Mustang GT with no rear seats, no A/C, no power window/locks/seats, but still with all the power and braking of the GT?

That would be badass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, the dilution of the mustang name by turning it into a brand is really questionable.

A more affordable GT would have been cool.

This. Imagine a factory stripped Mustang GT with no rear seats, no A/C, no power window/locks/seats, but still with all the power and braking of the GT?

That would be badass.
No one would buy it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

that even one person walked in to a dealership and thought it was a good idea to buy one tells me that sales numbers do not dictate what a good car is, much less what an attractive car looks like.

Quoted:
Yes.

C8s are selling like hot cakes because they're amazing fuckin vehicles.

they are selling like hot cakes because they are the newest thing and somewhat affordable. even non-car people know what a corvette is. there is no denying its performance capabilities. there is however disagreement on what it looks like, especially how that look relates to its storied history. that they've sold all of them built so far does not mean they look good.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Performance wise, yes.

Looks wise, I’ll take a C7.
View Quote

Meh,  the C7 interior and seats still left a lot to be desired. I hated the steering wheel design in the c7.   Verts were still a soft top. Sooo many improvements with the new car.  Lots of purists hated the C7 for changing the tail light shape when it came out so I  guess they need to hate on the total redesign now.  Those people are missing out on a great driving and performing car.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The fact that GM sells them as quickly as they can build them says your opinion is in the vast minority. They have no problems finding buyers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The fact that the NB wearing crowd drinks the KoolAid is of no surprise to me.   Still does not mean that have taste.   Things are fucking hideously ugly and look like they were designed by team of idiots.

Quoted:

That's a pretty strong opinion about something you don't want to purchase or care about.

If Amy Shumer whipped her tits out in public and you saw them you would have a right to a strong opinion over something so hideous.

Midcap might like it but that doesn't mean everybody wants to go hoggin.

Quoted:
 Those people are missing out on a great driving and performing car.

And I am fine with that.    I very much like a specific lay out of a car design wise.   Maybe it is some kind of deep rooted autism but styling wise I like long hoods and short overhangs that come from a front engine rear wheel drive layout.

Viper
Daytona
Jaguar E Type
Corvettes excluding the C8
Ferrari's cars like the 812
Pony Cars of the big 3

To the point that yes I will give up performance for a car that does not make me wince to look at it.

I am not lying in saying I have not found a single body line on a C8 that I like.   Z06s are starting to show up in town and even they cannot be saved.

GT40 is among the sexiest cars ever designed, Porsche 918 goddamn sexy as fuck.

The C8 misses terribly on styling.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

that even one person walked in to a dealership and thought it was a good idea to buy one tells me that sales numbers do not dictate what a good car is, much less what an attractive car looks like.

they are selling like hot cakes because they are the newest thing and somewhat affordable. even non-car people know what a corvette is. there is no denying its performance capabilities. there is however disagreement on what it looks like, especially how that look relates to its storied history. that they've sold all of them built so far does not mean they look good.
View Quote

Funny,  most comments I have gotten on mine in person were positive.  Cool car, sharp, bad ass…..etc etc.  lots of folks like the C8.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No one would buy it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, the dilution of the mustang name by turning it into a brand is really questionable.

That would be badass.
No one would buy it.

They make something like that, and they sell a few, but track only.
The 500S was actually built on the assembly line. I believe all the others are built offsite from a body in white.
The Ford guys in Dearborn told us they would build anything if you ordered like 50+ of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_FR500
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The 500S was actually built on the assembly line. I believe all the others are built offsite from a body in white.
The Ford guys in Dearborn told us they would build anything if you ordered like 50+ of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be badass.
No one would buy it.

The 93/95/00 Cobra Rs of SVT were pretty remarkable for back in the day.   That largely disappeared until the FR500s and Boss 302S came along.

Just wish Ford made more of the damned things.   Very few of those Cobra Rs made it to the track even after Ford required a racing license to get one.

Somebody on the forum has a 302S and possibly a comparable FP350S but I think those were crossplane 5.2 Aluminators.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:01:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I've seen that floating around. Beyond fugly. Hopefully that's just some weirdo's fever dream and not what they're actually going with.
View Quote

I don’t think it’s real.

There is no space in that render for the engine. It would be sitting on top of it even behind the rear axle.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:10:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Funny,  most comments I have gotten on mine in person were positive.  Cool car, sharp, bad ass…..etc etc.  lots of folks like the C8.
View Quote

i don't think people will come up to you and say Shooter66, that sure is an ugly pos
i'm glad you like it. as i said there is no denying the technology and performance improvement over the c7. the problem at least for this purist is the engine is in the wrong spot and the car looks like it was designed by a committee of people that never met during the design process. again, this is my opinion based on how my brain reacts to seeing one. but i'd be lying if i said it wasn't also shared amongst many of my fellow white new balance owners.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ford really ought to fire the folks who are handling the nameplates.  Why not come up with a new name for a mid engine performance car?
View Quote

This. I would have suggested "Thoroughbred" or else come up with something different.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:36:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You should write harlequin romance novels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh god...Ford is going to royally fuck this up without questions.

Remember that last cool thing Ford did? The 5.2L voodoo flat plane....well the retards at ford managed to make a flat plane v8 sound like a bag of smashed ass holes screaming for help. A flat plane is supposed to sound like a symphony of dead dinosaur juice exploding under pressure and FIRE!

Instead they made a nasty sounding engine that sounds like a hoarse coyote is shitting out a stuck rock

You should write harlequin romance novels.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:41:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

i don't think people will come up to you and say Shooter66, that sure is an ugly pos
i'm glad you like it. as i said there is no denying the technology and performance improvement over the c7. the problem at least for this purist is the engine is in the wrong spot and the car looks like it was designed by a committee of people that never met during the design process. again, this is my opinion based on how my brain reacts to seeing one. but i'd be lying if i said it wasn't also shared amongst many of my fellow white new balance owners.
View Quote

Well…….I have friends that called the McLaren 570S I was considering “The ugliest car I have ever seen”.  LOL!!  As someone that has owned and driven C5-C8 I have to say the engine is where it belonged the whole time now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:06:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As someone that has owned and driven C5-C8 I have to say the engine is where it belonged the whole time now.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

i've had enough of you and your midengined cars. i'm going out to the garage to sit in my c7 and pretend we never talked
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:13:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/reportedKlingon-344.gif

i've had enough of you and your midengined cars. i'm going out to the garage to sit in my c7 and pretend we never talked
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No one would buy it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be badass.
No one would buy it.

Ford had something similar back in the day with the LX 5.0 Mustangs. They were universally considered "sleeper" Mustangs because they had all the performance of the GTs but none of the fancy, distinct extras that the GTs had. I had one, a 1987 LX 5.0 with no A/C, roll-up windows, non-powered locks, and no powered anything else for that matter.

The same demographics that were interested in the LX 5.0 back in the '80s would be the target market for a modern one: high school and college grads who wanted a performance Mustang but at a lower price point, guys their 20s who were interested in performance but not necessarily the look of a performance car (ie., the sleeper concept), and older buyers who think it might be worth something some day because it was a special Mustang.

Lastly, Ford sort of dabbles with the concept every ten years or so with the Bullitt Mustang, where they toss a few extra performance goodies at the car, paint it dark green, black out the wheels, and don't put any distinctive GT spoilers or stuff on it.

Ford could call a new, stripped GT the GT-S or use the old LX moniker again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This. I would have suggested "Thoroughbred" or else come up with something different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ford really ought to fire the folks who are handling the nameplates.  Why not come up with a new name for a mid engine performance car?

Have you seen the "dork horse" hood badge?

You can tell who they are marketing to when they put a Pokemon lookin Charrizard on the goddamn hood.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#26]
What engine?
What transmission?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What engine?
What transmission?
View Quote

GE with a CVT.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#28]
I think it looks pretty good. Now we see if it can stand up against the C8 in the performance department.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What engine?
What transmission?
View Quote

Hopefully we will find out today
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#30]
I didn't realize the pictures were leaked, I thought those were more random internet pictures. It looks like a Mustang raped a Z4 so hard it created an extra chromosome.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Buncha Vette haters in here. C8 Corvettes are great performers, and look badass doing it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Buncha Vette haters in here. C8 Corvettes are great performers, and look badass doing it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/209554/c8_daytona1_jpg-2922668.JPG
View Quote

Reminds me of the Henry Ford quote

People are always hesitant to accept changes
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

GE with a CVT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What engine?
What transmission?

GE with a CVT.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m still shocked they don’t offer these things with denim interiors.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Explain leaf spring
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain leaf spring

My C7 does quite well with leaf springs..
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#36]
From the pics:
1) It does NOT look like there is nearly enough room in the back for any non-flat4 motor.
2) If it is rear mid engine, what is under that long front hood?

According to the linked article: "Additionally, it may not be a mid-engine design either, but that remains a possibility at this moment in time."

I suspect the leaked photos are not actual rear mid engine at all.  Perhaps the oddly-named "Front mid engine" where a longitudinally-short motor (like a V6) is positioned completely behind the front axle line, but still ahead of the driver compartment?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://paper.studio/images/articles/henry-ford-quote-faster-horses.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the very least Chevy pushed the Vette as far as they could with the FR set up.

But once the Z06 and Zr1 C7 were out and struggling to put that power down, they had no choice.

Should have been mid engined since the 70's but better late than never.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No one would buy it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be badass.
No one would buy it.

I would argue that people would buy those cars.  Look back to the 1993/1995/2000 Cobra Rs and the 2008 Cobra Jet drag cars.  They were limited run but they sold all of them, many with ADMs of 20% or more.  

Would these cars sell as regular production run cars?  Probably not but, in limited runs, they'll sell out almost immediately.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

At the very least Chevy pushed the Vette as far as they could with the FR set up.

But once the Z06 and Zr1 C7 were out and struggling to put that power down, they had no choice.

View Quote

I think they could have gone a bit further with it but they chose to make the jump to mid/rear engine setup.

Active aero would have made a huge impact.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Where is John Coletti when we need him...
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I would argue that people would buy those cars.  Look back to the 1993/1995/2000 Cobra Rs and the 2008 Cobra Jet drag cars.  They were limited run but they sold all of them, many with ADMs of 20% or more.  

Would these cars sell as regular production run cars?  Probably not but, in limited runs, they'll sell out almost immediately.
View Quote

Limited runs does kill the whole "make it cheaper" proposition. Shit, getting rid of power windows to R&D manual window tracks for a limited run car pretty much kills any idea of saving money on top of that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The 5.2L voodoo flat plane....well the retards at ford managed to make a flat plane v8 sound like a bag of smashed ass holes screaming for help.
View Quote

Simply and stunningly incorrect.

The exhaust note of the Voodoo (and that of the Coyote Gen3 in the Mach 1 as well) is a symphonic masterpiece.

Some of the best sounding off-the-shelf sounds in the business, and arguably, the best thing the retards at Ford have come up with.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was no requirement to keep adding more and more power to a car that's mostly sold to the geriatric crowd at this point.

And if they really wanted to go mid-engine there was no requirement that they release the hideous thing that's called the C8. There are plenty of amazing looking mid-engine cars out there but the C8 looks like it was designed by two separate teams... and the team who designed the rear half of the C8 had spent their whole careers designing vans and pickup truck beds.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The exhaust note of the Voodoo (and that of the Coyote Gen3 in the Mach 1 as well) is a symphonic masterpiece.

Some of the best sounding off-the-shelf sounds in the business, and arguably, the best thing the retards at Ford have come up with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 5.2L voodoo flat plane....well the retards at ford managed to make a flat plane v8 sound like a bag of smashed ass holes screaming for help.

And at the time of release, when everyone was reviewing and writing articles about them, the sound of the engines was massively and widely praised.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Remember that last cool thing Ford did? The 5.2L voodoo flat plane....well the retards at ford managed to make a flat plane v8 sound like a bag of smashed ass holes screaming for help. A flat plane is supposed to sound like a symphony of dead dinosaur juice exploding under pressure and FIRE!

Instead they made a nasty sounding engine that sounds like a hoarse coyote is shitting out a stuck rock
View Quote

You're the first person I've heard say the Voodoo doesn't incredible. Voodoo had other issues but sound wasn't one of them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Whatever it is, it's coming in at $400K.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There was no requirement to keep adding more and more power to a car that's mostly sold to the geriatric crowd at this point.

And if they really wanted to go mid-engine there was no requirement that they release the hideous thing that's called the C8. There are plenty of amazing looking mid-engine cars out there but the C8 looks like it was designed by two separate teams... and the team who designed the rear half of the C8 had spent their whole careers designing vans and pickup truck beds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. Please name a successful performance car that had less power than the previous generation.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#49]
They should just copy the 88 fiero gt ...change to 6-speed box and all aluminum v6 ...call it the 'Pinto'...
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You're the first person I've heard say the Voodoo doesn't incredible. Voodoo had other issues but sound wasn't one of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. The Voodoo is an angry, self-destructive, high-strung psychopath on meth, but sounds reallllly goooooood...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top