View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didnt know anyone still used gumball machine lights
I'm glad they do. I think it's kinda cool.  
Says the guy who wears bell-bottoms.  
That's how you know I'm right.  

Fond memories of receiving a hickory shampoo back at Woodstock 2?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Robocop is coming true;

Detroit is a complete mess, and the cops are driving Taurus patrol cars.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Mother of god!

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I swear I saw a MD State Police Focus last week. He was trying to follow another trooper in a CVPI, but looked like he was having trouble keeping up.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was hoping for something more like:
View Quote

and instead they are getting these:
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FUN FACT: MSP is world renowned for our vehicle testing. Agencies from around the world rely on the dat we generate from our vigorous and comprehensive testing (I'm typing this about 200 yards from the test track, BTW).
While we will no longer be producing hardbound printed books of the results, you can now view them online:
MSP Vehicle Testing Reports
View Quote

So you MSP?

MSP vehicle testing is definitely some of the best. Seems most LE agencies around the country wait for MSP test reports prior to purchasing new vehicles.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I want an MSP P71

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What next, minivans?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What next, minivans?

It's what most of the cops around here are in, some decent pics in the recent shooting thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1533874_BBC__4_shot_dead_in_Austria_by_poacher__Upd_pg_2__Body_Found.html

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#9]
My city went all sorts of retarded with their budget... Not sure how they got past the city council, but they've been blowing loads of cash on new cruisers with all sorts of different decal jobs!!!

We've got:

New explorer's, ridiculous new custom vinyl scheme

New Caprice's

New Ford Interceptor's

New Dodge Charger's

ECT...

My dad was on city council, when they approved 11 new completely outfitted vehicles @ $40,000 a pop... all of those vehicles sat in a police parking lot for years, while they rotated out maybe 2 or 3...

Now we've got all sorts of cop cars, and the city hasn't paid for shit!!! I guess the DHS and federal funds finally trickled down to our lil county and city
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Have seen exactly one of these in the wild.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Come to West-Central WI... You'll see plenty on I-94!!!

Even some sweet kitted out harley davidson baggers when the weather is right!
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tulsa has a white unmarked traffic unit.

View Quote

And a black, and a maroon, and a blue...
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So you MSP?

MSP vehicle testing is definitely some of the best. Seems most LE agencies around the country wait for MSP test reports prior to purchasing new vehicles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FUN FACT: MSP is world renowned for our vehicle testing. Agencies from around the world rely on the dat we generate from our vigorous and comprehensive testing (I'm typing this about 200 yards from the test track, BTW).
While we will no longer be producing hardbound printed books of the results, you can now view them online:

So you MSP?

Yes, but not Enlisted. I'm in the Forensic Science Division and based out of the Lansing Lab which sits next to the Academy and Precision Driving track. It's definitely an awesome work environment. Get to see the troopers tearing ass around the course in the Chargers and on the bikes, watch the recruits beating the living daylights out of each other during combat training, see the Bomb Squad blowing things up with robots, watch traffic stop training erupt into gunfights, and other assorted fun stuff!

Obviously, though, my favorite part of working here (in the Labs) is the Firearms Libraries. Rooms full of Maxims, UZIs, STG-44s, M-3s, Thompsons, ARs, AKS, BARS, and so on. I'm afraid one of these days the window to the room might file a sexual harassment claim.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes, but not Enlisted. I'm in the Forensic Science Division and based out of the Lansing Lab which sits next to the Academy and Precision Driving track...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you MSP?

Yes, but not Enlisted. I'm in the Forensic Science Division and based out of the Lansing Lab which sits next to the Academy and Precision Driving track...

Do they seriously use the term "enlisted" as opposed to "sworn?"
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Those are nice.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Haha, that must be embarrassing to drive.
View Quote
I'd rather drive that than dress like this...

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I prefer lower profile (not unmarked) cars.

Definitely none with a red lollipop on top.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you MSP?

Yes. MSP is a HIGHLY para-military organization and operates as such. I know ARFCOM is very much against the militarization of Police*, but  it works for what we do. Much like our vehicle testing, other agencies look to us for training due to our level of expertise and resources.

*To be honest, I'm not really a fan myself. While I'm proud to be part of the MSP, and they have yet to exhibit much if any of a "jack-boot" mentality, there IS a history of anti-gun sentiment from the higher-ups, which both irritates and worries me. I can't argue with the fact that as an agency, our guys truly are some of the nations BEST, but god forbid should they ever be used against the public.  But, on the other hand, the Troopers that I directly encounter in my work seem to be the kind of guys that would revolt if EVER asked to betray the Constitution, so there's that...
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#19]
There is something to be said for using SUV's versus sedans these days.  This occurred this morning in Phoenix.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/swvalley/articles/20130920west-valley-chase-shot-abrk.html

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top