Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly supprised Hollywood has still screenwriters, though all the Fast transavengers were getting pumped out by AI
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congress and the president should force a shitty agreement on them.
View Quote

Yup,  I'd love to see that.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Didn’t the little people vote to strike?
View Quote

Learn to code.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Reply based purely off thread title...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]
UPS maybe but SAG

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]
And?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Actors best be careful. CGI could replace them. Or maybe AI
View Quote

an image is an image is an image
a fake human playing a fake human vs a real human playing a fake human...who cares...

and if the real human is a major league douche bag in real life...then double who cares.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:09:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Promises. Promises.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:39:12 AM EDT
[#10]
No matter the outcome of the strike AI is about to wipe out 95% of those jobs anyways, no stopping that at this point, that industry is prime for immediate take over

Hopefully soon enough the Hollywood types will be as irrelevant as they always should have been, there’s very few I respect and most of them have been shunned by Hollywood anyways

F them
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:46:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:52:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wish I could be ok with it.
There's just a lot of little people that are going to get fucked too.
View Quote

The vast majority of those little industry people are double vax double boosted leftists and they hate us.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:06:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just wanna watch Deadpool 3 I don't really care about the rest of the crap.
View Quote

Why? Deadpool 2 was terrible
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:11:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Bring on the AI "actors ".  The studios already own their likenesses.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:12:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Whatever will I do without fresh, woke content being made to cram down my throat?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:20:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry, but the writers have been shit over the past three decades. The producers are completely out of touch with reality, and the actors are woke grifters. There's been fewer decent movies with good acting, good producing, and good writing. California could use a face lift and having Hollywood implod would be a good start.

My only concern is that all that fucked up shit will go someplace else and drag it into the gutters.

I hope that location of the industry does collapse, but I do feel sorry for those in the technical jobs of that industry...I think they're the most qualified to find employment elsewhere.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#17]
There will be sacrifices along the way.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:39:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Something pretty similar happens in the oilfield about every 5 years or so now. Some folks stay, lots of folks leave and say "never again". Looks like this is happening to the movie people now.

Things change. Sometimes you have to do something different that wasn't planned.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#20]
I just want the wokeness to stop.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Remember every star studded infomercial begging you to not have guns?
I do.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fpni
View Quote

Again
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:22:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mostly leftists. Fuck ‘em.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Be cool if he wasn’t just looking for attention. That’s one industry (is that really an industry?) who’s collapse would be good for America.
View Quote

It's just (Hoping for a bailout from FJB) speak

I am sure even during a strike, the union will somehow manage to film commercials druming up support for a federal bailout..."Too big to fail"
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe he should have thought about that before the parties couldnt resolve the impasse they were at
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Foolish me thought that it might somehow be related to the sound of freedom movie. Should have known it was about gibmemormuny!
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So I take it this will result in a drastic cutback of Wokeness...
View Quote

The studios fund woketainment. They're all in on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Boo hoo, 3/4 of everything currently produced is unwatchable, offensive, woke bullshit.
View Quote
This!  Considering all the dumb unoriginal shit they've been coming out with the last several years perhaps it's best they stay on strike forever.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Imagine if Hollyweird does collapse and a more conservative independent film enclave somewhere else starts dominating the market.  All the technical support that worked in Hollywood gravitates to it for jobs and you end up with basically an anti-woke film industry dominating the market. A complete 180 compared to recent times.

I want to believe lol.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#32]
How will they pump out more woke propaganda
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Darn.

I'm much more concerned about the pending UPS strike.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don’t most of them vote Democrat?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#35]
They should learn to code or get a GREEEEEEEEEEEEN job from uncle xiden.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:46:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Everyone talking shit, as usual.

I have a good friend that is an executive producer at a network. We had dinner together two Sundays ago when he was in town as his network is here filming another season.

My son is doing freelance video, filming and graphic work to build up his resume.

What AI and what the networks/ studios are doing to many key areas of production is the kind of shit we tared and feather for in the past.

There are many good people in TV, movies, etc...what is happening and where things are potentially headed isn't good.

Free markets work if you don't like what is getting put out.. and despite some tax breaks states offer, the industry isn't stealing your money to survive unlike the automotive industry, the airlines, museums, sport ball fields, arenas, etc that many here continue to support and are vapid followers/ supporters of. Most are mad at these people and hoping they lose thier livelihood as they continue to vacation in Mexico and shop cheap roofs slung with illegal aliens that are leeching off our schools, hospitals and welfare..

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
People who help an industry that wants to put the rest of us in gulags.

Somehow I am OK with it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Thats too bad.  /crossesfingers
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I have a good friend that is an executive producer at a network. We had dinner together two Sundays ago when he was in town as his network is here filming another season.

My son is doing freelance video, filming and graphic work to build up his resume.

What AI and what the networks/ studios are doing to many key areas of production is the kind of shit we tared and feather for in the past.

There are many good people in TV, movies, etc...what is happening and where things are potentially headed isn't good.

Free markets work if you don't like what is getting put out.. and despite some tax breaks states offer, the industry isn't stealing your money to survive unlike the automotive industry, the airlines, museums, sport ball fields, arenas, etc that many here continue to support and are vapid followers/ supporters of. Most are mad at these people and hoping they lose thier livelihood as they continue to vacation in Mexico and shop cheap roofs slung with illegal aliens that are leeching off our schools, hospitals and welfare..

View Quote

Lol

Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#40]
so they are saying there is a chance
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Really easy for people to lose sight of this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really easy for people to lose sight of this.

Tell them the same thing they told the coal miners, learn to code.

Edit: beat
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Point is well taken, I assure you.

However.  That part of the industry is enabling SO many evil practices and behaviors, your son and your producer friend shouldn't want to be involved in it in the first place.
Are there any parallel arenas that do this work for good practices and behaviors, such as those companies who brought us "The Sound of Freedom" to theaters??

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Does this mean I won't be able to watch any more movies that are solely focused on elevating specific groups to God status????
Oh no, whatever will I do????
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Honestly, these people can’t strike for very long. The amount of YouTubers producing content poses a very threat to Hollywoods existence. They’re acting like they’re essential employees/industry.
View Quote

The Railroads are the definition of essential employees and the government basically said "you can't strike."

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#47]
On the plus side, we (conservatives) will finally stop financially supporting an industry and a group of people that hate us.

Now if we could somehow fold sports into this exercise...

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Remember every star studded infomercial begging you to not have guns?
I do.
View Quote
Made by people who use guns and off-the-chart levels of violence to make millions... Liam Neeson and Jeremy Renner spring to mind.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Kinda hope every corner of that industry strikes in solidarity for a decade.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top