Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Gee…….if no more movies or TV shows are made………what are we gunna do ?!!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everyone talking shit, as usual.

I have a good friend that is an executive producer at a network. We had dinner together two Sundays ago when he was in town as his network is here filming another season.

My son is doing freelance video, filming and graphic work to build up his resume.

What AI and what the networks/ studios are doing to many key areas of production is the kind of shit we tared and feather for in the past.

There are many good people in TV, movies, etc...what is happening and where things are potentially headed isn't good.

Free markets work if you don't like what is getting put out.. and despite some tax breaks states offer, the industry isn't stealing your money to survive unlike the automotive industry, the airlines, museums, sport ball fields, arenas, etc that many here continue to support and are vapid followers/ supporters of. Most are mad at these people and hoping they lose thier livelihood as they continue to vacation in Mexico and shop cheap roofs slung with illegal aliens that are leeching off our schools, hospitals and welfare..

View Quote
I appreciate your stance and hate that people are going to suffer but this happens to industries all the time. You have to adapt, and move on.

Like I mentioned, it happens in the oilfield every 5 years. Folks still get surprised. This may be a time for your son to reflect on his career choice while he's still young as it apparently has some instability.

I'm a career oilfield guy. I save my money in good times and prepare for the bad times. I like the industry and plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The whole industry could collapse?

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I couldn't say the last time I watched a recent movie.
View Quote

Last for me was gladiator, 2000.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder how many paychecks away from selling that pussy Margo Robbie is?

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh no, our worst cultural export and primary source of moral decay might be hurt!
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder how many paychecks away from selling that pussy Margo Robbie is?

View Quote

I’ve got some mad money I’d happily part with.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top