User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
*liberty until inconvenient
View Quote

Nah, this falls squarely under the commie penchant for naming organizations and places for things they're intended to prevent.

Let's not fool ourselves, we know what the left has in mind for us.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It will always be Ft. Bragg to me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Crazy shit. Benning, Bragg and Hood will always be Benning Bragg and Hood to me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fuck anyone who supports this nonsense.
View Quote

correct

there are many here

democrats are evil

supports democrat causes = democrat

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wonder what base will get renamed for this one?

https://i.imgur.com/2c21584l.jpg
View Quote
Fort Dix
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Agree.   Must have really been warriors tho…. Not in charge of diversity training at the Pentagon.  

Most likely we will have….. OBiden demands it!
Fort Diversity…..Fort Respect …. Fort Inclusion.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's not why those bases got their name. There's no Ft. Scott.
View Quote

Would have been best to find suitable same names to switch to like Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's not just installations that are getting renamed due to wokeness.  It seems anything with any kind of Civil War connection is being done away with.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/12/17/storied-29th-infantry-patch-possibly-chopping-block-due-confederate-ties.html
View Quote
SIGN!
https://29thdivisionassociation.com/savethepatch/
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#10]
They should just call them fort Stalin, Fort Marx, and Fort Mao. Maybe we can have a Fort Hitler too, I mean he erased alot of history too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I will always have done OSUT at Fort Benning and I will always refer to it as such.
View Quote

AMEN, Harmony Church, '85.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's not just installations that are getting renamed due to wokeness.  It seems anything with any kind of Civil War connection is being done away with.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/12/17/storied-29th-infantry-patch-possibly-chopping-block-due-confederate-ties.html
View Quote

For those who forgot the movie or haven’t seen it Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if the Army will try to change all of our records to reflect the new names.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Stupid.  Time and money on woke SHIT!
View Quote

Naming Benning after Hal Moore and naming quite possibly the shittiest post in the DOD inventory after the token black guy is hardly "woke shit".   Get a goddamned clue.  Naming a bunch of US Army posts posts after a bunch of leaders who fought against the US Army in an insurrection to preserve slavery is hardly what I'd consider honorable in the first place.  The DOD should have told the southern states to light it and shove it up their ass when it came to military bases when they built the things in the first place.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

A lot of the southern ARNG SSI and DUI give a nod to the Confederacy.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Naming Benning after Hal Moore and naming quite possibly the shittiest post in the DOD inventory after the token black guy is hardly "woke shit".   Get a goddamned clue.  Naming a bunch of US Army posts posts after a bunch of leaders who fought against the US Army in an insurrection to preserve slavery is hardly what I'd consider honorable in the first place.  The DOD should have told the southern states to light it and shove it up their ass when it came to military bases when they built the things in the first place.  

View Quote
probably but you and I didn’t fight the civil war nor did your parents. I doubt the people who did were thinking “let’s promote white supremacy somehow” you also missed some other Forts Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A lot of the southern ARNG SSI and DUI give a nod to the Confederacy.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Should have named something after Wheeler, just to see peoples’ heads explode.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Crazy shit. Benning, Bragg and Hood will always be Benning Bragg and Hood to me.
View Quote

Right?  Basic, OSUT and Airborne at Benning and second duty station was Bragg.

I ain't got no ARMY "home" no more.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Will always be Fort Benning to me, no matter what these limp dicks say.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't have a base named after a traitorous loser? I'm OK with the change.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#25]
They should never have been named after them in the first place.

You don't name federal military installations after defeated commanders who once took up arms against that same government.

And it has nothing to do with wokeness - it was retarded from day 1 for the reason stated above.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#26]
My GF lives and works near there. Gonna mess up a lot of street names.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

The 29th Infantry Division? You mean the blue and gray division? Made up of National Guard units from VA, NC, and MD?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You don't name federal military installations after defeated commanders who once took up arms against that same government.

And it has nothing to do with wokeness - it was retarded from day 1 for the reason stated above.
View Quote

Probably but don’t tell me the CURRENT TIMELINE isn’t what swept up the wave to do it because of wokeness. Sorry I don’t buy the Pentagon isn’t woke, dramatic headlines, boomers falling for hyperbole bullshit. It’s wokeness. If you name ALL the bases after enlisted Medal of Honor awardees like SFC Cashe I’d feel better about it https://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/cashe/Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#29]
My DD214 says Bragg.

FJB
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:20:49 PM EDT
[#30]
any Republicans vote for this are a bunch of fucking assholes
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of the classic problems with pandering to people is that they perceive any removal of said pandering as an attack.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Half of the conservatards here do.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuck that.  It will always be Fort Bragg to me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The 29th Infantry Division? You mean the blue and gray division? Made up of National Guard units from VA, NC, and MD?
View Quote
yes
29th Infantry Division Patch: History and Symbolism
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

One of the classic problems with pandering to people is that they perceive any removal of said pandering as an attack.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is that many people don't understand that very notion - the victorious U.S. Government pandering to a shattered defeated population - "We kicked the shit out of you, but no hard feelings - have your monuments and shit."
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Horrible to name places after liberty and Medal of Honor recipients instead of traitor slavers.
View Quote

Horrible to not focus on war fighting. So far DOD recruiting efforts have failed over and over since 2018 despite the pandering since 2010. As our population has grown from 300 million to 331 million people our Army reserve has dropped from 209K to 189K the NG 355K to 336K and active duty has to drop to 473K this year to avoid missing another failed year. Where are all those female infantry soldiers? Or will GD be making threads about Fort Mary Walker and ignoring failures in the Pacific after the outrage over Ching Chongs somehow getting the better of us because we presumed they’re goldfish tenders wears off?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Liberty would be allowing it to remain Fort Bragg…ironic.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:39:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Don't have a base named after a traitorous loser? I'm OK with the change.
View Quote

So what do we do with the Northern namesakes who supported child labor, horrid working conditions and denied women’s sufferage?  Lulz, c’mon, how far do we take this horse shit?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why don’t they just name it after “Light Horse” Harry Lee of the revolutionary war. Robert’s dad.
View Quote

Too busy focused on the politics of it all. I smell a TF Smith coming later this decade in the Pacific Attachment Attached File
Korean War: Task Force Smith (Battle of Osan, Korean War)
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:45:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The problem is that many people don't understand that very notion - the victorious U.S. Government pandering to a shattered defeated population - "We kicked the shit out of you, but no hard feelings - have your monuments and shit."
View Quote

Many descendants of Scotland moved and founded the colonies, especially after the clearances. Generally the Highland descendants seemed the least likely to ban or crack down on native Americans language, culture, etc. having been on the receiving end of that kind of treatment
The Battle of Culloden (1746) Explained
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:47:26 AM EDT
[#42]
“I’m gonna’ be stationed at Fort Van Barfoot!”

Fort Liberty lmao ok - the rest are just as absurd.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Stupid.  Time and money on woke SHIT!
View Quote

Micromanagement is a classic administrative avoidance strategy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:55:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
“I’m gonna’ be stationed at Fort Van Barfoot!”

Fort Liberty lmao ok - the rest are just as absurd.
View Quote

Enlisted guy, battlefield promotion although I’m betting 10 years from now people will say “Ft VB” Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:59:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Some time in the near future, some shit-dicked E5 is going to be supervising a work detail, regaling the privates with tales of how things used to be "back at Liberty..."
View Quote

Some brain dead E4 at his second duty station is going to be doing push ups to a cadence of

NOT AT LIBERTY
NO LONGER IN DIVISION

Nature has a way of balancing things out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:20:50 AM EDT
[#47]
It's mind-blowing that we have even a few people in this thread supporting this. The last couple years should have taught everyone that this isn't about tearing down Confederate history, it's about tearing down American history. There sure was a lot of silence from the folks who claimed this was "just about the Confederacy" when we had statues of Lincoln, Jefferson, etc. getting torn down during summer 2020. Just like tearing down statues, the left is using renaming bases named after Confederates as a test to see what they can get away with. It's absurd that some here can't see that. Indoctrination on the part of the American educational system has worked as intended, I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Literally gay as fuck.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:38:08 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
This ought show the Chinese they don't want to fuck with us!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top