BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL.  We both know that relating NYPD to the rest of the country is a stretch in nearly every category.  

Seriously, everyone of these articles the LEA/CLEO makes it sound like, "we have an MRAP now, we're going to crush crime with it".  And a determined criminal who needs to get that vehicle out of the equation will need to use a serious IED to do it. Shit that hasn't been dealt with in this country except on the rarest of occasions.  With MRAPs in every county and municipality, bad guys will come up with ways to deal with them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LE has had armor for years, but now there's a new trend in showing it off like they're warfighters because they got an MRAP.

New trend? My department was doing that 30 years ago with their stupid armored vehicle.

LOL.  We both know that relating NYPD to the rest of the country is a stretch in nearly every category.  

Seriously, everyone of these articles the LEA/CLEO makes it sound like, "we have an MRAP now, we're going to crush crime with it".  And a determined criminal who needs to get that vehicle out of the equation will need to use a serious IED to do it. Shit that hasn't been dealt with in this country except on the rarest of occasions.  With MRAPs in every county and municipality, bad guys will come up with ways to deal with them.

Not to worry Detroit has turned into the new Mecca. Economic Jihad has been successful there so keep an eye on Detroit
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I just realized this would make a pretty neat camping truck if the gas wasnt so expensive.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I guess we will just have to put cameras drones up everywhere to prevent IED planting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because of shit like this, determined bad guys will counter with IEDs.  A law against IEDs won't stop them.

I hope the police are ready to deal with IED attacks.  Thanks for bringing IEDs to America fuckers.

It will take a while though for the cops to be able to use these things successfully, as posted up thread they're going to roll a few times before they get there.

I guess we will just have to put cameras drones up everywhere to prevent IED planting.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Cant argue with the above. But 100s of Police and Firemen arrested for bilking the taxpayers both locally and federally out of $40,000.000.00 with bogus disability claims on top of their retirement pension. this is prevalent throughout the country and not a fucking word being said or done about it. They do face up to 25years in prison but can still keep their guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the police become militarized, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

Sir Robert Peel's principles of policing:

To prevent crime and disorder, as an alternative to their repression by military force and severity of legal punishment.

To recognise always that the power of the police to fulfil their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behaviour and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect.

To recognise always that to secure and maintain the respect and approval of the public means also the securing of the willing co-operation of the public in the task of securing observance of laws.

To recognise always that the extent to which the co-operation of the public can be secured diminishes proportionately the necessity of the use of physical force and compulsion for achieving police objectives.

To seek and preserve public favour, not by pandering to public opinion; but by constantly demonstrating absolutely impartial service to law, in complete independence of policy, and without regard to the justice or injustice of the substance of individual laws, by ready offering of individual service and friendship to all members of the public without regard to their wealth or social standing, by ready exercise of courtesy and friendly good humour; and by ready offering of individual sacrifice in protecting and preserving life.

To use physical force only when the exercise of persuasion, advice and warning is found to be insufficient to obtain public co-operation to an extent necessary to secure observance of law or to restore order, and to use only the minimum degree of physical force which is necessary on any particular occasion for achieving a police objective.

To maintain at all times a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and that the public are the police, the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

To recognise always the need for strict adherence to police-executive functions, and to refrain from even seeming to usurp the powers of the judiciary of avenging individuals or the State, and of authoritatively judging guilt and punishing the guilty.

To recognise always that the test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, and not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with them.

+1 Thanks for posting!

Cant argue with the above. But 100s of Police and Firemen arrested for bilking the taxpayers both locally and federally out of $40,000.000.00 with bogus disability claims on top of their retirement pension. this is prevalent throughout the country and not a fucking word being said or done about it. They do face up to 25years in prison but can still keep their guns.

Must be somebody saying something about it, you're talking about it.  
Surely, you can't be serious
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Are IEDs really that easy for people to make in a country where explosives are highly regulated?

I mean, this isn't the ME. It's been a while since I've seen ordinance laying around, so I'll just assume that the majority if the IED talk is typical loudmouth blowhard nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Next up, SWAT painted main battle tanks.   You know, for raids on raw milk dairies.

And if you disagree with that, you must hate cops and want them to die.
View Quote

I agree with your sarcasm, Andy..

See that's the reaction that I've never understood that some people in LE have.  If you don't agree with the excess of something like this then somehow you're categorized as a cop hater.

I don't hate cops.  Cops are great and I respect the hell out of what they do.  I just don't agree with the mentality that if you don't want them to have something it must mean that you're anti-police.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are IEDs really that easy for people to make in a country where explosives are highly regulated?

I mean, this isn't the ME. It's been a while since I've seen ordinance laying around, so I'll just assume that the majority if the IED talk is typical loudmouth blowhard nonsense.
View Quote

Making explosives is not overly complicated, one just has to be willing to risk (a) getting caught and/or (b) a mistake.  I bet KeithJ could make several different kinds with readily available stuff, and some seriously nasty shit with a little bit of organized effort right now.  And anyone can learn how to. It's just that no one really NEEDS to...yet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

.50 can penetrate these?  That's news to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WE have two of the Navistars at my agency, neat but nothing crazy. Nothing a privately  owned .50 Cal Barrett and some AP ammo wont fix up right quick, followed by a .50 SLAP round to burn it down

.50 can penetrate these?  That's news to me.

The testing done on the plate is AP.50 at a 60 degree angle.  Dead on, it'd probably go through.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#10]
To maintain at all times a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and that the public are the police, the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.
View Quote

This philosophy has been completely lost. ETA: At least in my A.O.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anfo is easy enough to acquire.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

There has never been a need for it in our Country.  I'm certain that the resources would become available if there was a need.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I am but a serf and your talking about it as well . Not enough headlines to make changes . I will clarify that they can keep their guns even though the claimed psychological disorders.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Why the hell is our military giving away a perfectly usable 700k vehicle instead of keeping it for future use?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why the hell is our military giving away a perfectly usable 700k vehicle instead of keeping it for future use?
View Quote

Or selling it to make up some reasonable amount of money back..
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I suppose it'll be great for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit... you could probably sell just the "dump truck" parts for way more than $2K per vehicle.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

another wannabe SC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have to come out of the MRAP sometime.

another wannabe SC

He's probably just pointing out the obvious flaw in the "I haz tank, I are invincible!!" train of thought.

Between the douchebag in the OP implying he's itching to go to war with the public and you seeing a sovereign citizen hiding behind every couch, the actual cop haters don't have to do much besides sit back and watch.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
If you can't make an explosive you didn't pay attention in high school chemistry. If you passed college level chemistry you have the knowledge to make real explosives. The thing preventing them from being common is that people with the knowledge don't build a bomb lab or munitions factory because there is no rational reason to. A high school education gives one the knowledge to build or learn how to build an armor piercing rocket with an explosive warhead. It really is that simple. Not that the average high school graduate has a high school education. We are talking about things that existed in the 1400s.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
2012 Census reports < 42.000 residents in Ft Pierce.

View Quote

That comes out to one MRAP per 42,000 citizens.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#21]
double tap
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
First it's all:
Later it's like:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
First it's all:

“If you see my SWAT team roll up in this, it’s over, so just give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

Later it's like:
“I saw my SWAT team roll up in this, then it tipped over, so fuck it. I give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

No, really:
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Hopefully, the only use it will see is in the 4th of July parade. Really bad day to need that piece of gear.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

OK, if you say so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. But biker gangs and communist groups have used them in the USA for over 50-years. The idea that the mere presence of an armorerd vehicle in the police lot will cause bombers to become more active or create more bombers is silly.

OK, if you say so.

Make sure you never carry a gun, that way you'll never get robbed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
//cool, I wish I had one, and so do most of you!
also, why is the reported weight of these things varying from 15-30 ton...that's a hell of a difference.//

Dry vs. loaded w/ Heavy6 class operatorz.
Ever see some of the gentlemen we have in the south in uniform?  

View Quote

Why the fuck would anyone in their right mind want one of those maintenance hogs?. Have fun removing the 2000lb plate of armor to do an oil change...
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why the fuck would anyone in their right mind want one of those maintenance hogs?. Have fun removing the 2000lb plate of armor to do an oil change...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
//cool, I wish I had one, and so do most of you!
also, why is the reported weight of these things varying from 15-30 ton...that's a hell of a difference.//

Dry vs. loaded w/ Heavy6 class operatorz.
Ever see some of the gentlemen we have in the south in uniform?  

No sh*t.  
Photo of captain with his pretty new toy is the BEFORE picture.
Within 12 months we'll see an AFTER picture of it looking like a upside down roadside turtle with captain next to it all frowny and sad.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

So, just how did McVeigh and Nichols blow up that Murrah Federal Building?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oil changes?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

His name is Sean Baldwin.
View Quote

Thank you. They are akso a fucked up agency. Just google ray toombs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#30]
How much training, if any, do the police get on how to operate and maintain these things?

IIRC there was a steep and tragic learning curve on MRAPS when people used to driving hummers starters collapsing weak road shoulders and/or rolling them because of the high Cg.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Magnets.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They still have to exit the thing and walk into a persons house.  Unless their faces are now bulletproof, I don't see how they are any better off than they were before the purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:“If you see my SWAT team roll up in this, it’s over, so just give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

They still have to exit the thing and walk into a persons house.  Unless their faces are now bulletproof, I don't see how they are any better off than they were before the purchase.

Drive Maxxpro through house

The thing is for intimidation.  Someone else said it above, as one of the very purposes of SWAT.  To intimidate people into giving up.  Kind of makes you wonder what the "purpose" of a no-knock raid is, doesn't it?  More fear and intimidation?  How soon before those tools are applied to *previously* legal gun owners when said .gov decides it's go time on confiscation?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Wonder how long before some idiot rolls it doing 75 on the highway.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is funny because he uses Liberal logic. "Explosives are outlawed, that means no one has them", just like if we outlaw guns no one will have them.

m1afan1000 you can download Army Training Manual 31-210 Improvised Explosives Handbook in .pdf anywhere on the internet.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

alot of you kids seem to be obsessed with attacking police, defeating their protection, and harming innocent people
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have this image in mind that they have a U-Joint in the middle.

alot of you kids seem to be obsessed with attacking police, defeating their protection, and harming innocent people

Just guessing, but it's probably because they feel they are the soon to be target of the polices obsession. Right or wrong.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:“If you see my SWAT team roll up in this, it’s over, so just give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

I guess it's a good thing there aren't a lot of basements in Florida.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Marvin's Killdozer would fuck that thing up!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would think that SWAT would have an idea which houses had basements and which didn't.  And yes, not many basements in FL, esp where I used to live.

Not every potential solution is applicable in every situation.

Also, I'm not advocating these thing be in civilian police force inventory.  If you have seen anything I've said about them, it's been very negative about the whole situation.  I'm mad at the DOD for getting rid of them for such a pittance, after we paid for them to the tune of $700k a piece (I was glad that our troops had them, but damn).......but according to more knowledgeable sources than I, a Maxxpro shares a lot with a dump truck.  pull the armor off, scrap it, and sell the chassis for a little less whatever a rolling dump truck chassis goes for.  We would make up a great deal more of our expenses, which would probably pay some government drones salary for a year or 2, instead of be a drop in the bucket.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

His name is Sean Baldwin.

Casey Anthony was a stripper down there for awhile too.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope not hard!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh look! Different day, same stupid shit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You would think that SWAT would have an idea which houses had basements and which didn't.  And yes, not many basements in FL, esp where I used to live.
View Quote

You'd think that they wouldn't try and drive them 75mph either.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#43]
We are going to protectthe shit out of you!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the police become militarized, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.
View Quote

Time to change the bong water.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sam has his own Typical Weapons And Tactics team-really?

Eat a bag of dicks JBT.
View Quote

I see what you did there........
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Once a upon a time, long, long ago, I spent several weeks in the Limestone Mountains of Montana learning a shit ton from an Army SF team out of Fort Campbell. Awesome guys, and their CWO, a weapons expert, nay, Weapons God, taught us all sorts of dirty tricks with explosives. Stuff just lying around in your garage or easily bought at your local stores. Impressive.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh, and IN!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Oil changes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oil changes?

Are you laughing because they never do oil changes?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#49]
And the crazy crawls out from under the MRAP again.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top