Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/21/2023 6:40:52 PM EDT
My girlfriend found her 15 yrs old daughter’s vape pen today. She asked me what I think she should do.

Honestly I’m not sure.

I don’t think punishment is going to make a kid quit smoking/vaping but also don’t want her to think it’s ok.

She’s mostly a good kid. Typical 15 yrs old girl attitude, so so grades but doesn’t really get in trouble in school at all. Only time she’s in trouble at home is back talking and that sort of thing.

So what says GD? Poll inbound.

Obviously I know the health issues with vaping and that’s not lost on me. But teenagers think they’re bullet proof so not sure that has much affect.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
pics of vape pen?
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Was it THC?  Why would a kid vape if it wasn’t marijuana?  Vaping is gay, last I checked anyway.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was it THC?  Why would a kid vape if it wasn’t marijuana?  Vaping is gay, last I checked anyway.
View Quote

As an EMS provider I would rather someone vape vs smoking cigarettes.

ETA:   Weed or tobacco OP?
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
pics of vape pen?
View Quote

@JLPettimorelll

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#5]
nobody vapes unless its crip anymore

eta: ya that crip pen
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

What’s that mean?
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Was it a crack pipe?

Teens experimenting with nicotine and weed is unfortunate but normal, unfortunately lol. Most tried them and stopped on their own eventually back when I was that age
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Get her a FUME, flavored air dispenser.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#10]
OP has girl hands.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#11]
That's a nic vape, not weed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What’s that mean?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s that mean?

Unless I’m mistaken, crip pen = weed,,,,but I don’t know if that is nicotine or THC from looking at it
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#13]
All fun and games until she gets popcorn lung or pneumonia.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Frankly, nothingburger.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Unless I’m mistaken, crip pen = weed,,,,but I don’t know if that is nicotine or THC from looking at it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s that mean?

The Google says that flavor is just nicotine but some Lost Mary flavors are thc but they’re supposed to be clearly labeled
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#16]
It is THC.

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#17]

From my preacher, a long time ago. Don’t  hold your kids to a higher level that you, when you were their age.  

Hell, at 15, I was smoking weed, drinking beer and chasing women.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#18]
These days kids vape dope. So yeah, big deal I think. Nothing good comes from that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Big deal no, but it's a deal and something that should be dealt with IMO. You don't need to go hardcore though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

From my preacher, a long time ago. Don’t  hold your kids to a higher level that you, when you were their age.  

Hell, at 15, I was smoking weed, drinking beer and chasing women.
View Quote

Same mostly except for me it was Copenhagen and jack daniels. Mom was an addict so drugs never appealed to me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Lock them in the closet and don't let them come out until they vape a whole pack of vape needles.

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#23]
You and Mom should try it just to be certain.  

ETA: Google says it’s nicotine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Most kids (especially if you're a boomer) tried smoking to look cool. Some people started smoking, some didn't. I'd be worried about the vape pen because my best buddie's daughter has been getting into serious trouble starting around age 13 and she's definitely got THC many times along the way. I have no knowledge of how widespread vape culture is and how many kids do weed, but I'd say: Err on making it a big deal because I'd hate for your stepdaughter to move on to weed and potentially get something with Fentanyl in it. The punishment doesn't have to be severe because you said she's an otherwise good kid, but don't let her blow it off as "it's no big deal". Tailor the punishment as you and her mom agree on.
View Quote

Kind of my thoughts. Was thinking some sort of research paper on the health affects maybe and grounded until it’s finished.

I was raised waaaaay differently than my girlfriend and my mom did not play. So I just give advice when asked and stay out of it. Especially when her daughter is concerned. With her son I have much more leeway and she lets me handle it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Smoking or vaping will shorten your life, or create significant issues in your late 40’s and 50’s. That and obesity will kill you in your 70’s. That being said, I smoked and dipped until I was 29, got bronchitis, and quit cold. I’m in my 60’s now, only vice is adult beverages, but I’m not the topic of conversation.

It’s your girlfriend’s daughter, might want to steer clear of any discussion with her daughter, let mom take the helm, you say nothing. To be clear, discuss with your girlfriend, don’t get into a discussion with the daughter.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#26]
RT here.

We have had a bunch of mid-20 year olds added to the transplant list due to vaping.

It's not good for you in any way, shape, or form and the superheated oil particles cause lasting damage.

Happy vaping, I appreciate the lifelong job security.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like it needs a dab of hot sauce in it
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#28]
It's nicotine.

Just google "Lost Mary Raspberry Lemonade".

It's a disposable vape, so likely not able to have THC added.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Smoking or vaping will shorten your life, or create significant issues in your late 40’s and 50’s. That and obesity will kill you in your 70’s. That being said, I smoked and dipped until I was 29, got bronchitis, and quit cold. I’m in my 60’s now, only vice is adult beverages, but I’m not the topic of conversation.

It’s your girlfriend’s daughter, might want to steer clear of any discussion with her daughter, let mom take the helm, you say nothing. To be clear, discuss with your girlfriend, don’t get into a discussion with the daughter.
View Quote

Ya I just give advice when asked and this time she asked but I wasn’t really sure.

My mom caught my dipping when I was 17 ish but I was only a couple months from moving out and had already finished high school a year early so wasn’t much she was going to do
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#30]
It’s a big deal because he’s probably vaping thc and may be vaping other drugs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's nicotine.

Just google "Lost Mary Raspberry Lemonade".

It's a disposable vape, so likely not able to have THC added.
View Quote

Yes. I had to Google it too. Looks like they make some flavors with weed or whatever but not this one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Not a big deal unless you possibly make it.

Good hunting!
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Was it THC?  Why would a kid vape if it wasn't marijuana?  
View Quote

Teenagers have never been known to smoke cigarettes! This is quite the puzzle indeed!
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Kind of my thoughts. Was thinking some sort of research paper on the health affects maybe and grounded until it's finished.

I was raised waaaaay differently than my girlfriend and my mom did not play. So I just give advice when asked and stay out of it. Especially when her daughter is concerned. With her son I have much more leeway and she lets me handle it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most kids (especially if you're a boomer) tried smoking to look cool. Some people started smoking, some didn't. I'd be worried about the vape pen because my best buddie's daughter has been getting into serious trouble starting around age 13 and she's definitely got THC many times along the way. I have no knowledge of how widespread vape culture is and how many kids do weed, but I'd say: Err on making it a big deal because I'd hate for your stepdaughter to move on to weed and potentially get something with Fentanyl in it. The punishment doesn't have to be severe because you said she's an otherwise good kid, but don't let her blow it off as "it's no big deal". Tailor the punishment as you and her mom agree on.

Kind of my thoughts. Was thinking some sort of research paper on the health affects maybe and grounded until it's finished.

This is a good idea IMO. It's not so much a punishment as it is a learning experience and shows you give a shit and aren't just being a dick for no reason.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Big deal no, but it's a deal and something that should be dealt with IMO. You don't need to go hardcore though.
View Quote
It depends what in it. Low quality vape juice will rape lungs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Make her smoke a whole pack, oh wait...
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same reason kids smoked back in the day.

The future is now, clueless, sheltered old man.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Honestly, just about every other high school aged kid nowaday vapes. If it were my or my girlfriend's kid, I'd want to put an end to it, but it's ubiquitous at this point. So, not the answer you want, but there really ain't shit either of you can do other than say "Yeah, that's bad, mmkay?"
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Gaught dayum millennials
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Nicotine, they’re like $8

Treat equivalent to a pack of cigs

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#45]
From the website: “Many people in today's materialistic environment become disoriented due to the abundance of options. As a result, as they stray along many paths, people eventually lose sight of the purpose of their existence. What we need to realize is that, to paraphrase Forrest Gump, "life is like a box of chocolates, and the consequences are often unexpected." You never know what will occur today, tomorrow, or even in a moment. The only thing you could do is live each day as it comes, enjoy it, and never become lost again. But how do you get a taste of the good life?”

They’re definitely some kind of foreign made garbage.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#46]

That's the Marlboro lite of my youth, yes parental discretion applies. Give them the come Jesus Moment, but be thankfull, it could be much,much worse.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Which 21 year old is buying it for her, and in exchange for what?

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#48]
I would come down pretty hard ass.

My oldest son vapes he is 26 drives me nuts some freakin raspberry bullshit
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Oh no! She’s vaping!!!!! Don’t buy the crap from a gas station and you’ll be fine. Been vaping 10 years and not a damn issue.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Biggest issue I have with pot, and I assume THC vape would be the same, it makes a lot of people feel content. Young people should not be content.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top