eta: ya that crip pen

What's that mean?
weed
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RT here.

We have had a bunch of mid-20 year olds added to the transplant list due to vaping.

It's not good for you in any way, shape, or form and the superheated oil particles cause lasting damage.

Happy vaping, I appreciate the lifelong job security.
View Quote

What’s an RT?
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit op

Maybe
She’s stressed out and just enjoying some nicotine to
Chill out

This country went to
Shit when we stopped letting high schoolers dip
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What’s an RT?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RT here.

We have had a bunch of mid-20 year olds added to the transplant list due to vaping.

It's not good for you in any way, shape, or form and the superheated oil particles cause lasting damage.

What’s an RT?

Real talk from a RN

He ain’t cappin, fr fr
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gaught dayum millennials
View Quote

A 15 year old isn't a millennial.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh no! She's vaping!!!!! Don't buy the crap from a gas station and you'll be fine. Been vaping 10 years and not a damn issue.
View Quote
She's 15. It's not like she has infinite consumer choice. She's going to smoke whatever she can get.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gaught dayum millennials

thatsthejoke.jpg
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Real talk from a RN

He ain’t cappin, fr fr
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RT here.

What’s an RT?

Real talk from a RN

He ain’t cappin, fr fr

He thinks vaping is “superheated oil particles”, so I think he is cappin, fr fr.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Inhaling unregulated chemicals from china.....what could possibly be bad about that?
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It is THC.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He thinks vaping is “superheated oil particles”, so I think he is cappin, fr fr.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RT here.

What’s an RT?

Real talk from a RN

He ain’t cappin, fr fr

damn he tripping fr then

cotton candy vape is straight bussin.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What’s an RT?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RT here.

What’s an RT?

Respiratory Therapist.

My specialty is patient education and chronic disease management.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Which 21 year old is buying it for her, and in exchange for what?

Kharn
View Quote

Really, 21? I was barely 17-18 and my girlfriend at the time had two sheriff deputies as  mother and step-father.  He ran out of beer one night and was kind of bitching about it. I Said I got you bro 6 or 12, he said you ain't got a chance in this County! 20 minutes later a cold 12 pack of Coors lite was in his lap. nothing was ever said after that, and I was no stud at the time. We were rural so that's the reason for the delay!
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#15]
That's a lot of nicotine.  

It's better than smoking, but still a substance you have to be 21 to purchase and use.  He'll be in big trouble if they catch him with it at school.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#16]
The kids in my town all have weed cards so they smoke at school. Seriously, they goto the nurses station and get thier weed out of a locker and go to a outside patio to get high..
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The kids in my town all have weed cards so they smoke at school. Seriously, they goto the nurses station and get thier weed out of a locker and go to a outside patio to get high..
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Same reason kids smoked back in the day.

The future is now, clueless, sheltered old man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it THC?  Why would a kid vape if it wasn’t marijuana?  Vaping is gay, last I checked anyway.

Same reason kids smoked back in the day.

The future is now, clueless, sheltered old man.

Cigarettes were cool.  Last I knew vaping wasn’t cool amongst the kids.

This was the last I checked in on vaping.  

Attachment Attached File

But since then crocs and socks have become acceptable for kids, would have been unthinkable 10 yrs ago.

I used to smoke and enjoyed it a lot and there was no reasoning with me, especially about health, kids don’t care about that.  The worst thing about it is how addictive it is and what a bitch it was to quit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Smoking/vaping has a long latency period  20+ years.
I smoked, started at 12 quit cold turkey at 28. Watched 3 people I know die of lung cancer, smoking.
Smoking is like black mold inside your walls, you can't see it and it's not a problem untill it is
If you catch my drift.

My advice don't come down hard it will just make her hide it better.  
Best to educate of health risk.
And show the results.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#20]
As someone who's struggled with nicotine addiction since I was at least your daughters age, I'd
rather find out my kids were vaping THC instead of nicotine.

Nic is the devil.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What’s an RT?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RT here.

What’s an RT?

My guess would be respiratory therapist.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@JLPettimorelll

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pics of vape pen?

@JLPettimorelll

lol, you paint your nails...
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#23]
She's trying to fit in with her peers and be "cool.".   She's going to be experimenting with a LOT more than vape pens unless Mom starts showing up more.

I'm guessing the divorce / missing father didn't help things much.

Decent chance she'll be pregnant by 18.   Yay for public schools!
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#24]
The year I was 15 about 25% of HS girls smoked daily, over 50% if you count weekends, parties, etc.
Maybe about 1/3 recreational marijuana use now and then, again over 50% had tried it.

It has become more difficult for HS kids to get cigarettes, or have a place they can smoke.
It is more socially unacceptable to smoke cigarettes.
In the 70s and 80s teachers lounges, smoking areas, and smokers areas everywhere made the smell of cigarette smoke in general and on people something nobody really noticed.
She could have smoked in the locker room or bathroom or in her friends car on the way to schools and nobody would have noticed.  At 16 with a parent’s note she could have used the smoking area between classes.

They have found they can pretty much vape anywhere without the tell tale smoke, so vaping has sort of replaced cigarettes for Hs kids messing around with nicotine.  
The above sort of applies to marijuana smoking as well.
And edibles, vapes, etc. have become popular forms.

Some 15 year old smoking in 1973 or ‘83 or ‘93 was pretty common.
And not uncommon for someone then to get caught with a bag of weed or a joint.
And the vast majority of them turned out just fine.

If I was in the shoes of just basically being some dude banging her mom, I’d 100% leave the handling to mom.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I picked up a bit of a nicotine habit while working overseas as an adult. The Chinese smoke… a lot… all the time… everywhere.

Because of the fear I felt of my dad disapproving of that I distanced myself from him for almost a decade… into my 30s.

You won’t stop her from vaping. You’ll just stop her from spending time around the people who should be giving her important guidance at her age. In the grand scheme of everything else, vaping just isn’t that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Thats a nicotine vape not pot or a pen
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

From my preacher, a long time ago. Don’t  hold your kids to a higher level that you, when you were their age.  

Hell, at 15, I was smoking weed, drinking beer and chasing women.
View Quote

Late bloomer, eh?
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't comment my 16 year old  dumb ass waved at my dad with a Marlboro light in my hands.    Secrets out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#29]
You cant control everything your kid does, however implementing boundaries will help them be better. Not doing anything is essentially a stamp of approval and they will go even further.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd set her down and make her vape the whole entire thing then stack the trailer with square bales
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#31]
At 15 I was doing a lot of stuff that I shouldn’t have been.  Smoking was the least of my vices, and I had many.  That said, I would strongly discourage her from continuing with her habit.  There’s not much you can do to stop her, but I would at the very least have a rational sit down adult conversation with her about choices, consequences, and regrets.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What’s an RT?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RT here.

What’s an RT?

Respiratory therapist.  He’s the guy who administers your nebulizer medication, sets your vent, and makes sure you’re breathing ok when you’re in the hospital for lung diseases.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
She's trying to fit in with her peers and be "cool.".   She's going to be experimenting with a LOT more than vape pens unless Mom starts showing up more.

I'm guessing the divorce / missing father didn't help things much.

Decent chance she'll be pregnant by 18.   Yay for public schools!
View Quote

This also.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

As an EMS provider I would rather someone vape vs smoking cigarettes.

ETA:   Weed or tobacco OP?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it THC?  Why would a kid vape if it wasn’t marijuana?  Vaping is gay, last I checked anyway.

As an EMS provider I would rather someone vape vs smoking cigarettes.

ETA:   Weed or tobacco OP?

I actually think vaping is worse.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
All fun and games until she gets popcorn lung or pneumonia.
View Quote

Lots of bill boards in my AO warning about popcorn lung
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

From my preacher, a long time ago. Don’t  hold your kids to a higher level that you, when you were their age.  

View Quote

I don't agree with your preacher.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Nothing you can do to stop it, but it doesn’t mean you support it. Throw it in the trash and stop giving her money.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry but your preacher is dead wrong.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I can't comment my 16 year old  dumb ass waved at my dad with a Marlboro light in my hands.    Secrets out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#40]
From chocolate to heroin I always say. Just say NO to gateway chocolate.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I wouldn't make a huge deal of it with her, as that'll probably make her do it more.

I'm gonna say let her know you know, without actually telling her.  I started smoking at 12 (back when you go to the gas station with cash, say you're buying a pack for your dad, you got cigs).   Thought I was so sneaky, but every now and then my dad would make a "been out smoking?" comment, i'd say "no...", and he'd just go "uh huh (with a smirk), and leave it at that. The novelty of smoking wore out soon after.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I was a social smoker, mainly Newports.

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Just ask her why she does it.

Everyone starts smoking to be cool but then ends up addicted.

Ask her why she thinks they make it addictive. To get a customer for life?

They don't care about hers. She'll get it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Google says that flavor is just nicotine but some Lost Mary flavors are thc but they’re supposed to be clearly labeled
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
nobody vapes unless its crip anymore

eta: ya that crip pen

What’s that mean?

Unless I’m mistaken, crip pen = weed,,,,but I don’t know if that is nicotine or THC from looking at it

The Google says that flavor is just nicotine but some Lost Mary flavors are thc but they’re supposed to be clearly labeled

Do a dry puff (don't inhale) and smell it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Pick your battles.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#46]
vaping is trashy as fuck bro

yeah its a big deal, unless parents want to raise trashy children who become even trashier adults.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Meh. I remember smoking Pall Malls when I was 14.

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Kind of my thoughts. Was thinking some sort of research paper on the health affects maybe and grounded until it’s finished.

I was raised waaaaay differently than my girlfriend and my mom did not play. So I just give advice when asked and stay out of it. Especially when her daughter is concerned. With her son I have much more leeway and she lets me handle it.
View Quote

A research paper? Seriously? This won’t work. You’ll have to set the criteria and put in more work than you or her want to, and she isn’t going to learn anything she doesn’t already know (inhaling drugs is bad).

Just tell her you found it.  Throw it out, and tell her not to bring it home.  If she does it’s going to be worse next time and it better never be weed.

Edit: I smoked in high school and had people buy cigarettes for me when I wasn’t 18. My mom tried to make a big deal about me having lighters as a kid when I wasn’t smoking. I left butts in my trash can the day after my 18th birthday knowing she’d go looking and she did. I laughed when she called me on it.

I’m not HEAVILY involved in running.  So a 15 year old with a vape pen is a big deal.  Putting her on the correct path is more important.  It won’t kill her. I’m proof. I even dipped Copenhagen and don’t have mouth cancer or missing teeth.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I found a vape pen in the car my wife let her 18 year old daughter drive. I was working on the car and daughter still lived at home. Vapes were pretty new at the time, and I wasn't actually sure what it was.

I showed it to my wife and I thought her head was going to spin off. She called her daughter out to the driveway and asked if the vape was hers. When she said it was, and that she only vaped in the car to and from work, my wife threw it onto the concrete and smashed it into 87,000 pieces with a hammer.

The point was made, if a bit over-dramatically, and my step-daughter never vaped at home or in the car again.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nothing you can do to stop it, but it doesn’t mean you support it. Throw it in the trash and stop giving her money.
View Quote

This.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top