Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Pressure your local gun store that carries knives, to discontinue carrying them.

Write letters to the larger chains that carry them. Or talk to store managers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
They are toast.

You get only one shot at standing the CEO up and trying to fix it.  That was horrible.

They better hire a GOOD crisis communication firm fast if they hope to have any value left when they are liquidated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Listen carefully starting at 1:00.  Listen literally.

"Were in the same, same situation we wanna make sure we're free to carry and own and operate and use those things that make those things that make our lives better, more enjoyable and secure."

Notice how he was very careful to avoid saying anything about firearms in that statement.

He may as well been talking about basketballs.
View Quote
I didn’t hear anything specific about guns but was going to rewatch for verification. Thanks for that response so I didn’t have to watch it twice.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also tells galore when saying they support the 2nd. Nervous blinking etc.
View Quote
Yeah, no kidding!  I don't think hummingbird wings flutter that fast!
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
This whole thing seems to keep getting worse.

Originally it was like ok, now I just won't buy more. Now it's like I don't really want the ones I've got...
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#6]
That goes for Corp. speak in OR.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Super disapointed in Benchmade.   This bums me out.  I've carried a BM for years.

I love the Axis Lock.  Also love assisted opening.   I figure I will order either a ZT 0350, or a Spyderco Manix 2 in the morning... going to sleep on it.  Hopefully neither one of them will come out as a company run by asswipes overnight.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Ka-Bar.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#9]
That was weak

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I would love to see their sales numbers for the past 24 hours.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Really, that was his response ?
What about, ' we have been caught supporting anti 2A groups and politicians and will now only support groups/politicians who strongly support 2A'.
Did not hear any of that, just we are a good company, blah, blah.
Well, since he is the founder and CEO I suspect he knows where every donation went and approved them all. So, it stands to reason he is one of them. I do not know and can not sit in judgement but on the surface his actions speak volumes above his words.
I agree they make fine knives so let the anti's buy them.  
Rant off, for now....
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Love how that motherfucker blinks like 20 thousand times while saying he supports 2A. Yeah, SURE you do buddy. Try another take or two and really sell it this time.

Fuck him and his his commie company. I'll never give them another dollar.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#14]
They all have a "statement " after they screw up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I don’t think he gets another shot at this, but he needs to take another shot at it.  That was terrible.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

snip

Fuck them. Start a line in your factory that makes 80% lowers that say Fuck Every Democrat and sell them for $1. Then you MIGHT be forgiven.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:36:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a shit ton of benchmades, but no more. Plenty of other quality brands to buy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Too late,  asshole..
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Jibbering liar.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:38:09 PM EDT
[#20]
That was a weak ass statement from the founder, owner, and President of a company that could seriously be on the brink of failure.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Not very impressive.   Isn't excessive eye blinking a sign that you are lying?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Honestly, I doubt their stance will make a dent in their sales.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#23]
First thing I noticed... Is that POW blink code?

ETA: I see I was not alone in that observation.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm not going to throw my benchmade's away but I am not going to buy another one either.
View Quote
That's where I'm at.

I've carried a Griptillian for nearly 20 years. The muscle memory is awfully strong at this point. When this one dies, I hope I can find a similar replacement from a company that doesn't hate the 2A.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It is a privately held company. No stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was a statement for investors, not customers.
It is a privately held company. No stock.
Many private companies also have investors. Ever watch Shark Tank?

They may provide capital for new equipment, facilities, etc. and expect a return on thier monies provided.

Angel investors with tech startups also come to mind.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I really don't care about them helping the police cut up crime or buy back guns, that is meaningless and not really political.  Giving money to Democrats, especially out of state Democrats, is pretty damn bad though.
View Quote
Meaningless?  Those all could have been sold to local gun shops creating revenue for the department while also providing a cheap method of self defense for someone who otherwise couldn't afford it.  In AZ departments are required by law to sell any confiscated firearms to local gun shops, of course after determining there is no legal current owner to return it to first.  If it has no meaning they wouldn't have taken video to post online, less guns is actually incredibly meaningful just ask people like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc...
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#27]
BLah blah blah,fuck off.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I think he’s telling us with his blinks that he’s being held hostage.

Does anybody know Morse code????!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hmmmm. Didn’t say anything about donating money to anti gun democrats.
View Quote
This.

I'll buy that they're doing a favor for the local PD, but the gun-grabber donations isn't going to fly.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Honestly,

Anybody that watched that video knows that guy is freaking out because he has been exposed.

He is caught between his politics and his wallet and at this point his wallet is going to lose.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Dollar Tree Benchmade knives
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Honestly, .

Anybody that watched that video knows that guy is freaking out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, .

Anybody that watched that video knows that guy is freaking out.
Every friend I have who carries knives carried Benchmade, and now won't purchase any more of them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That was lame.

He just made it worse.
View Quote
He couldn't, and he didn't.

And that's why he did it. Nothing left to lose.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Honestly,

Anybody that watched that video knows that guy is freaking out because he has been exposed.

He is caught between his politics and his wallet and at this point his wallet is going to lose.
View Quote
Yep he's shitting his pants and he's thinking he could be out of a job soon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:42:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

Fuck them. Start a line in your factory that makes 80% lowers that say Fuck Every Democrat and sell them for $1. Then you MIGHT be forgiven.
SAVAGE

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Saw that too. Watched again, he blinks a lot throughout though it was kicked up a notch during that little clip about 2A

That was the worst sorry not sorry ever. No one ever said you didn't make a good product, or that you didn't invest in R&D, or any of that other shit you said, Les.

You support the policy of OCPD (NOT Oregon state law) of destroying guns and donate money to anti-gun politicians. Stop making this about something else.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Meanwhile at Cold Steel

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Meaningless?  Those all could have been sold to local gun shops creating revenue for the department while also providing a cheap method of self defense for someone who otherwise couldn't afford it.  In AZ departments are required by law to sell any confiscated firearms to local gun shops, of course after determining there is no legal current owner to return it to first.  If it has no meaning they wouldn't have taken video to post online, less guns is actually incredibly meaningful just ask people like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really don't care about them helping the police cut up crime or buy back guns, that is meaningless and not really political.  Giving money to Democrats, especially out of state Democrats, is pretty damn bad though.
Meh, some of you act as though cutting up a gun is cutting up the 2nd amendment.  I just don't care that they cut up crime guns or guns stupid people gave them to cut up, yea it would be nice if they sold them but most are junk anyway.  It is not like this is some Australian style confiscation effort and guns are being piled up and destroyed.  I find their political donations much more egregious since those are actually efforts to go after my guns or your guns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pressure your local gun store that carries knives, to discontinue carrying them.

Write letters to the larger chains that carry them. Or talk to store managers.
View Quote
This is the next step we should all take.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think it will. Benchmade really isn't that big of a company.

If their retailers see a drop in sales, even a minor drop, other brands will move in. If motivated, 2A retailers switch brands, that can really cause waves.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Nice job disabling the comments you jack ass.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That's the weakest statement I've ever heard

Good neighbor/community member my ass.  You got caught and now you're crawfishing worse than one about to go in the boil.

I hope he chokes on the next gun he cuts up.
View Quote
Quality level crabbing there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Weak statement not stepping on anyone’s toes, but perfectly fine stepping on freedom.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Screw that company
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Nobody has done a video cutting up or shooting a benchmade knife yet? I only own 1 and I can't find it yet.

Maybe we can all pitch in and buy it and move it to a free state.  He'll let's start milling AR's on their former machines with their former name on them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Saw that too. Watched again, he blinks a lot throughout though it was kicked up a notch during that little clip about 2A

That was the worst sorry not sorry ever. No one ever said you didn't make a good product, or that you didn't invest in R&D, or any of that other shit you said, Les.

You support the policy of OCPD (NOT Oregon state law) of destroying guns and donate money to anti-gun politicians. Stop making this about something else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess, he knows he was caught and does not want to lie about it.
Unfortunately he, and his employees will now likely see a sharp cut into their sales. Just say'n, he made his bed now lose sleep in it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#47]
I think Benchmade's goose has seen its last bedroom set.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Meh, some of you act as though cutting up a gun is cutting up the 2nd amendment.  I just don't care that they cut up crime guns or guns stupid people gave them to cut up, yea it would be nice if they sold them but most are junk anyway.  It is not like this is some Australian style confiscation effort and guns are being piled up and destroyed.  I find their political donations much more egregious since those are actually efforts to go after my guns or your guns.
View Quote
Are you dumb? Nobody gives a shit they cut up guns. They are pissed cause they enjoyed cutting up guns because they're anti 2a jackasses that ENJOYED cutting up guns.

NOT that hard to put together....
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If their retailers see a drop in sales, even a minor drop, other brands will move in. If motivated, 2A retailers switch brands, that can really cause waves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably won't take much pushing
Their dealer agreement terms  suck dick and their sales reps are worthless .

We dropped them a few years back , bit still have a handful still in stock.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Fuck Benchmade
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top