Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it will. Benchmade really isn't that big of a company.

If their retailers see a drop in sales, even a minor drop, other brands will move in. If motivated, 2A retailers switch brands, that can really cause waves.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, I doubt their stance will make a dent in their sales.

If their retailers see a drop in sales, even a minor drop, other brands will move in. If motivated, 2A retailers switch brands, that can really cause waves.
Where do folks see Benchmade on sale that doesn't also sell guns?

The only place I've EVER seen a Bitchmade that wasn't a firearms or firearms/outdoor store was REI and it was their bottom of the line stuff at full MSRP.

https://www.benchmade.com/storelocator [left cold]

Check out how few places aren't also gun retailers in your area with Benchmade's own tool (the locator, not the owner )
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hmmmm. Didn’t say anything about donating money to anti gun democrats.
View Quote
This.  He completely missed the issue.  He'd have been better off saying nothing.  Benchmade is done.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Meanwhile at Cold Steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SME34Iezac
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are toast.

You get only one shot at standing the CEO up and trying to fix it.  That was horrible.

They better hire a GOOD crisis communication firm fast if they hope to have any value left when they are liquidated.
View Quote
Too bad it didn't happen sooner. That POS will still retire comfortably.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
What a sorry ass response. Im taking advantage of the LifeSharp Program they have. Hurt them in the wallet. Most likely going to put it for sale on Ebay or EE possibly.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully this means I can pick up some benchmades on the used market for a decent price.  I'll send em all for free sharpening after every letter I open.

I sure as shit won't buy new.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:53:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Meanwhile at Cold Steel

View Quote
I love that guy.

Gonna buy cold steel sword just because.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#9]
LIAR

That was not an apology.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#10]
They are still looking for an Influencer and Social Media manager .  https://benchmade.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/718

Feel sorry for the guy who steps into that job.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:55:40 PM EDT
[#11]
When you've thrown your company's reputation into a dumpster fire, its probably best to not try and put it out with kerosene.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think Benchmade's goose has seen its last bedroom set.

Kharn
View Quote
LoL
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I commented this on their IG post with the same video

This was a pretty weak statement from a man that founded a company that could be on the brink of some very serious financial and image problems. We don’t want to hear “clarifications”, like we’re idiots who don’t understand what we’ve seen. How about this; you promise to no longer allow your company to finance any politician, regardless of political party affiliation, who has a track record that’s counter to the constitution and American freedoms. Also, you promise to make sure that your companies actions are always based on preserving freedom and constitutional rights, not whatever the policy of your local law enforcement happens to be. The local population votes for these policies based on who they elect to run the city and county. Your customers vote with their dollars, and their word of mouth recommendations. What you do from now on will determine how much of the business you’ve lost comes back. This isn’t a demand or a threat, you’re free to do what you want, but you’ve seen what happens when you turn your back on your customer base.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They are still looking for an Influencer and Social Media manager .  https://benchmade.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/718

Feel sorry for the guy who steps into that job.
View Quote
Yep, the person who takes that job will likely be looking for a new job soon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#15]
All I know is bladeforums is banning the shit out of people and locking the threads left and right. Its glorious.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All I know is bladeforums is banning the shit out of people and locking the threads left and right. Its glorious.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm interested in these supposed millions spent on supporting gun rights.

Now they seem to be claiming the money donated to democrats was to promote a stronger business environment....
View Quote
I personally don't care if there are millions because even $1 given to an anti-gun politician is inexcusable.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I believe Jussie Smollett more than this gun hating prick.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:58:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nobody has done a video cutting up or shooting a benchmade knife yet? I only own 1 and I can't find it yet.

Maybe we can all pitch in and buy it and move it to a free state.  He'll let's start milling AR's on their former machines with their former name on them.
View Quote
There are at least two videos. One grinds a BM down to nearly nothing and the other grinds hunks out of one. Both are linked in the big BM thread.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hopefully this means I can pick up some benchmades on the used market for a decent price.  I'll send em all for free sharpening after every letter I open.

I sure as shit won't buy new.
View Quote
Meh, unless they are selling me a $200 msrp knife at $50, they can keep their bitchmades.

I've had some of their knives in the past and I feel dirty about it now (1 was stolen, I lost one, sold another).

I've got $5k in knives right now, probably (I'd have to add it up), and one sitting in the mail at the moment (not a bitchmade).

Anti-gun?  I'll be happy as your company burns due to a publicity stunt.  Maybe they will sell their highly tarnished name, dunno.  But it looks like Hogue is in a good position to take their sales.  Just looked at their line and it's actually damn appealing and they are using decent steels.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck you benchmade. Fuck you les stupid name. Fuck too democrats. Fuck you anyone that doesn't agree with the second amendment and fuck you benchmade. Die slow and painful traitorous pussys.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#22]
He should have hired a PR firm. His business is getting fried and this is what he puts out?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Weapons grade highly enriched fail. The kind of fail that is forged in incompetence and machined on an end-fail until it reaches the tightest tolerances possible within the specification of failure.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Couple of my takeaways :  he doesnt understand the outrage

claims to be 2a supporter despite lack of evidence to show it but plenty to see he isnt

PR firm should have been hired asap to deal with this and complete blackout of social media until that happens (goes back to doesnt understand)

He doesnt speak well and never should have been on camera

BOOTLICKER!

He is a product of his environment
Hilarious Portland Oregon tourism video starring Antifa 2020 parody
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Incredibly stupid move on their part.  Does he believe that nobody will look to take away assisted opening knives.  Nyc is proof positive that they’ll get to his product eventually
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm interested in these supposed millions spent on supporting gun rights.

Now they seem to be claiming the money donated to democrats was to promote a stronger business environment....
View Quote
Yeah, cause those big time libs are well known for that
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:06:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Probably won't take much pushing
Their dealer agreement terms  suck dick and their sales reps are worthless .

We dropped them a few years back , bit still have a handful still in stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, I doubt their stance will make a dent in their sales.

Probably won't take much pushing
Their dealer agreement terms  suck dick and their sales reps are worthless .

We dropped them a few years back , bit still have a handful still in stock.
I employ 200Ish people.  Probably equal dollar wise, payroll to Benchmade.

You get a snow ball of cancellation of orders or just small dealers not ordering... It adds up quick.

All while you still have payroll going out, material bills going out, overhead costs, r&d costs... Line of credits start getting hit fast.

Becomes bad publicity when you need to start laying people off.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder what would happen if they just admitted that they fucked up. No more cutting up guns for the PD and start openly donating to pro 2A politicians, admit your fuck up and work to fix it. I’d have more respect for that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:08:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Modern day Jim Zumbo

If you don't know who Zumbo was - look him up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Bye, bye, Leftist FUDD!  Keeping pushing your agenda until you color me shocked with...

Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#31]
He didn't get it at all.

Only free man deserves to be armed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#32]
A huge donation to the NRA would have helped. A strong statement in opposition to gun control would have helped.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:11:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Wow.

The only logical explanation for that video is that he has zero idea what gun rights supporters believe. He must think we are a bunch of window lickers who will believe anything.

He put zero effort into that video. He never even tried to get any rational point across. He has no idea how to communicate to people who doesn’t see things his way.

I’m more convinced than ever that this guy is totally against the 2A.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#34]
FBM
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Ok, that video from the CEO helped to push me through the stages of grief and now I am just set on permanent pissed
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't know the guy, never heard of him and don't know anything about him, but he doesn't come across as a very humble person. He says nothing more than ""Benchmade is a great company, we support law enforcement and the 2A. Have a nice day"
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#37]
My only recommendation for him is to send a resume to Sears.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It came across as tone deaf for me as well. I was hoping to see $50K checks to NRA-ILA/GOA/FPC. Maybe even a pro-constitution appointment to their board.
View Quote
This.

How about a 50k contribution to SAF or GOA.

You've been exposed to contributing to gun hating democrats. The only way to make it better is to emphasize those contributions were to promote the knife industry and you now realize how those same contributions may have negative consequences to your customers so you want to contribute to SAF or GOA to show your support.

It won't fix it, but it will go a long way.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Sorry Les, but your ship is sinking.

Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:15:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A huge donation to the NRA would have helped.
View Quote
It's probably best if they donate money to a gun rights organization instead.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:16:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#42]
That was pathetic and hard to watch. I just let them know what I think of their BS on their webform and will be ditching my Pardue.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Comments disabled, that company knows they're done.
View Quote
Came here to post exactly this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Meanwhile at Cold Steel

View Quote
I always assumed Cold Steel was just a silly flea market brand, but I tried out some of their stuff and was actually impressed. Now I'm even more impressed
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This.

How about a 50k contribution to SAF or GOA.

You've been exposed to contributing to gun hating democrats. The only way to make it better is to emphasize those contributions were to promote the knife industry and you now realize how those same contributions may have negative consequences to your customers so you want to contribute to SAF or GOA to show your support.

It won't fix it, but it will go a long way.
View Quote
Won't go anywhere for me.

Make products bought predominantly bought by gun owners and then donate to antis?  Fuck you forever.  Same goes for others who did the same bullshit....springfiled, rra, troy, etc.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:18:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Too stupid to realize after they take the guns they take the knives because they NEVER rest.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:19:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Wow.  Talk about ruining a company.

I thought  people came down hard on Leatherman.  This a whole new level.  I certainly won’t be buying any BM knives and I’ll do my best to convince my friends to buy elsewhere.  RIP
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Good video. Cements my outrage nicely. Thanks BM for clarifying your position. That may have been the absolute worst speech I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm glad I don't have any of there knives.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top